• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Snorting VS. Oral ingestion of Oxycodone

kapheen'

Bluelighter
Is there a difference in the length of the buzz?, Also how much stronger is oxy when snorted?.
I have a very low tolerence if any at all, I'm not gonna have to snort a whole lot to get the effect's I'm looking for, Just need to know the ratio here.
Also one more question, Maybe its just me but I seem to get a slightly different buzz from OC's then I do from percs, Is this normal or is it just me?, The only difference is the APAP as far as I know, I dont think the APAP would have anything to do with the buzz.
thx
[ 19 August 2002: Message edited by: kapheen' ]

I know im going to get grief for this, but I have found plugging oxycodone to be VERY effective. All you do is crush it up and put it in a gel-cap. If you make a coarse powder it lasts longer, but obviously if its fine you get a stronger rush. It takes about 30 minutes to come on and gives a snorting like high, yet lasts longer.
20mg plugged feels like 30mg snorted, or 40mg orally. No its not the most convenient way to administer, but its a good way to conserve this scarce substance.

20 mg of oral did almost nothing for me. Snorting half a pill however turned me into a drooling idiot. I'll take the snorting path these days.

It's my personal opinion that 15mg snorted feels like 20mg oral. I much prefer oral oxy as well because of the duration.

DURATION=lasts longer
i found out that i liked drinking OC's up bettter than snorting them...the high was longer and i wasnt as prone to getting dizzy from drinking them up...then again though waking up in the morning feeeling like complete shit then railing 30 mgs of OC feels fucking OKEY DOKEY :)

Unless you eat quite abit, your better off snorting. But I think oxycodone in general gives an annoyingly short high. For me snorting lasts (the high) about an hour and a half, while orally (crushed) is more around two hours. Plugging lasts around two and half hours. Of course if you take a large dose its going to last longer.
Does anyone know how long an IV dose lasts?

i can't say exactly how long an IV OXY dose lasts, but i can say it isnt very long at all...i would say around 30 minutes probably...i think banging OXY is very stupid and very unhealthy and the high doesnt last very long at all to even come close to remotely justifying the short, yet intense RUSH...

if you're gonna be slammin an opiate it might as well be some good heroin, id say oxycodone mainlined isnt as good even at twice the dosage.
cheaper, too.

I will definitley agree that oxys high is different then other oxycodone instant release pills. The only thing that could possibly make a difference is the time release. Even if the mechanism is broken something is different. I have taken Oxy IR and it didnt feel the same as OC.

Also one more question, Maybe its just me but I seem to get a slightly different buzz from OC's then I do from percs, Is this normal or is it just me?, The only difference is the APAP as far as I know, I dont think the APAP would have anything to do with the buzz.
I have this problem too. I find oxy sans APAP is a much cleaner and less nauseating buzz. For instance if I swallow 4 percs (20 mg oxycodone in total) its not as good as crushing one 20mg OxyContin and swallowing that. I think all the apap pretty much doubles the nausea I usually feel.

kapheen etc:
Acetaminophen/APAP, the added ingredient in Percocets, potentiates (makes stronger) the analgesic (pain-killing) effect of opiates. Thus the increase in nausea etc.

im my personall expirence with oxys, ive found out that snorting them makes the high come quiker but last almost just as long. eating them(now these ways are both with the time release scratched off) made the high come on slower but lasted as long as snorting it!

I enjoy snorting much more. For one, I just like the ritual of snorting, but also the buzz/rush is far more prominent for me.
I've taken quite a bit of oxycontin intact, which wasn't much fun at all, and also chewing, which produced a much slower come up (almost no rush, but the high was nice)
snorting for me lasts a VERY long time. I've snorted a 20mg oxy (with 0% tolerance) and gotten about 4 hours of a "nod" state out of it. It was awesome, but my tolerance now kind of prohibits me.

You get a *slight* rush when insufflating Oxycodone at the expense of losing approximately an hour of being high. I prefer to take it orally, personally.

im just about to eat 6-7.5/500's right now.
yeah i wish. lol. however i do prefere to just drink em down with some chocolate milk.
oxy rules. :D
TasK-Jess