• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Loperamide/96 mgs) Experienced: YES, I'm high.

Obviously some people truly believe loperamide cannot have such an effect but I don't understand why they would so passionately argue so?

And then there are those who know all about loperamide but they are vehemently arguing that it's placebo in an attempt to hopefully keep it under the radar.

Misinformation does not align with HR regardless of intent.

I recently read where a university study connected an up-spike in internet chatter about Loperamide on drug forums (like BL) that connected directly to the FDAs new requirements for extended release oxycontin a few years ago.
In short, they said that when they made it harder to defeat the time release mechanism in high dose oxy pills, drug addicts found Loperamide as a new way to get high and they had evidence from the internet to prove it.
Im not normally a Big Brother/ government is watching us kind of person, but in this case I would say it is happening for sure. And soon we will see anti-diarrheal meds locked up like Sudafed.
I can totally see a Loperamide user trying to add some counter-intelligence to the internet community in the hopes of keeping their secret, and keeping those 100 pill bottles at WalMart stocked, cheap, and unrestricted.
As for me..... I have several large bottles of lope in my freezer for whenever armageddon hits.

Keeping this thread alive here....
I have been using Loperamide as a way to help with several aspects of my oxy usage:
1- when I run out of oxy, I can start high doses of lope a day or two before I run out. Usually 40-80 mgs per day of Lope to help me with 120-180 mgs per day of cold turkey from oxy. It kills my wds from oxy about 90%. It transforms my life from praying for death / to fully functional; sleeping well; not much leg pains; barely depressed. I taper down from the lope immediately and only need it for 5-7 days total.
2: Same daily use of oxy, take 40 mg lope before bed, dont wake up in the middle of the night aching from wds. It gets me a full night of sleep without needing a dose of oxy at 2 am. This is great for starting an oxy taper because insomnia kills my tapering plans every time.
3: Stopping diarrhea when lowering my daily dose of oxy. 10 mgs per day oxy stops the nausea and diarrhea when Im cutting back from 120 mgs per day of oxy to 60 mgs. It helps me pretend to not be wding, not running to the bathroom every 10 minutes.
Theres more Im sure, but I cant think of them.

Right now I have been on around 40 to 60 mgs lope per day for 10 days in addition to 180 mgs oxy per day. Now I am tapering off oxy. It is less painful so far. I gotta be off the oxy in a week because I am running out. So far I am hopeful that this will be easier than any other method of tapering off oxy than anything else I have ever tried. And I have tried many other crazy ideas.

I am seriously constipated, but I was just as bad on oxy without the lope. I only go about every 10-14 days, and it ALWAYS hurts.

Ill keep yall posted......

Ok squeaks --
Sounds a little unsafe yet possibly no more unsafe than a shit ton of oxys in your system. I feel like saying "whatever works " yet I feel in the spirit of HR I should suggest you stagger the lope use (for ex when there's zero oxy) to Every Other Day instead of daily. This will give your bowels a lil chance to loosen up plus reduce risks of cardiac concerns / circulation trouble which can develop with prolonged use of high dose lope.

You DO have lyrica on hand as well right ?

Also the only new regulations I have noticed on the 200 count lope bottles IS a new warning in red on the box stating a max of 4 tablets (8mg) daily limit is recommended.

I've heard rumors about blister packing or even behind the counter action.... I really don't see that happening soon.

Yeah... I am remembering how it went with Sudafed: Meth got big. Then the dealers learned how to make it at home with a bunch if chemicals and Sudafed. Then they figured out how to do it with a few chemicals, then in one bottle(cops call it shake n bake), then the users were doing it on Oprah. That?s when the DEA got involved and got laws changed. Now you are limited to how much you can get and its locked up. That whole process took about 2 or 3 years.
I believe we are in the first stage of that same process with Loperamide. The president has declared a war on opiate abuse. The problem is actually heroin, but they are pointing fingers at prescription oxycodone. One day soon someone will figure out how to turn Immodium into something you can get high off by mixing OTC Loperamide with Windex and bug spray. A year or two later, Jimmy Kimmel will have some junkie showing everyone how he gets high by cooking his anti-diarrhea medication in a spoon and shooting up on live television. Next thing will be new laws restricting us all from buying more than 12 pills a month.

Armageddon is coming!!! Stock up on your pooping pills now!!!!

Ok squeaks --
Sounds a little unsafe yet possibly no more unsafe than a shit ton of oxys in your system. I feel like saying "whatever works " yet I feel in the spirit of HR I should suggest you stagger the lope use (for ex when there's zero oxy) to Every Other Day instead of daily. This will give your bowels a lil chance to loosen up plus reduce risks of cardiac concerns / circulation trouble which can develop with prolonged use of high dose lope.

Actually oxy and other opiates cause no internal damage unless you OD (of course acetaminophen in pills causes a lot of accumulated liver damage, but if you're doing a lot of pills you really should be doing cold water extractions). However loperamide causes heart damage and has killed especially when doing high doses chronically. So yes, be careful Squeaky. try not to make loperamide a long-term solution.

Yeah, super high doses or long term use can be deadly. Im concerned about that. Im trying to be smart, doing research about how people have been hurt. Avoiding common mistakes.
Ill live. Ill be out of oxy in a week, so I can for sure be tapered down to a much smaller amount of Loperamide by the following week. Then a whole week no oxy, no benzos, and no lope. Still on Lyrica though.

What do you call it when you have had plan A, plan B, plan C, and so on...... and they have all failed untill you just run out of pills. I fail every time because I know there is a bottle of relief right there. This time I put 15 pills in my safe and I am trying hard to pretend they dont exist. I was only supposed to take 30 mg this morning and then quit cold turkey with a LOT of Loperamide. Instead I took 120 mg of oxy on top of the lope. I have 30 mg left for tomorrow. The hope is that I can avoid my stash in the safe and pretend I am out. Ill see how it goes.

Squeaky
Can you trust someone to hold those stashed meds? Someone not living with you perhaps. I just think it'll be alot easier to pretend they don't exist if they're not under the same roof with you.

Why did you splurge today?
Pain? Boredom? Just wanted a better mood? All are reasons I splurged in the past so no judgment just asking.

I have pain in lots of places, and oxy certainly makes time fly by whilst putting me into a more agreeable mood. So yes, pain/mood/boredom. All of the above. I dont feel bad because I do hurt when I dont use it, but I also recognize that I look forward to all of the other effects it has.

Unfortunately, I dont have anyone I can trust to help me with this.

Well that sucks squeaks. Be nice if ya had one good solid sober pal you could have hang onto some meds while you try tapering.

Yeah that's the trouble wuth opiates. They REALLY are great for pain.... I remember the first time I realized they also put me in a great mood n gave me energy to get things done. I still never abused them until years later when my body came to rely on them after months of solid use for medical reasons followed by a cold turkey quit when I no longer had pain. ...
That was the firsr time I ever experienced clinical anxiety. It was awful. Felt like the whole world was crushing down on my chest.....

Yuck
I'm very lucky that I haven't had serious health concerns the past few years which would put me in need of the heavy hitters again. It's actually been almost a year since I even had a very short script of the mildest vicodin. I lucked out again : when they were gone I didnt feel any physical or emotional need for them.

I never got onto the oxy wagon tho. Vicodin n tramadol were the only things I was ever really hooked on; I guess Effexor was the absolute worst withdrawal I ever went thru though. That shit was a Nightmare.

Today will be the test. Ill find out if I have screwed the pooch by taking Loperamide for so long without starting my break from oxy. I found I have 60 mg not locked up, so that will be my last run today. So far I feel ok.

Day 7 now without oxy. I started with about 90 mg Loperamide per day. Today I am down to 30 mg. Im starting to really feel everything that hurts and it really sucks. The wds from oxy have been pretty good. No body aches. Just the mind game. Been taking 600 mg /day Lyrica too.
Its been really hard. Being disabled and feeling useless. And hurting. It all just really sucks.

30 mg lope yesterday. Finally hit a wall. Wds were pretty hard. Body aches and insomnia in the middle of the night. Time to start slowing down. Im going to try and stick to 30 mg /day until it settles. Hopefully only a day or two.
Nice thing about tapering from lope vs oxy.... taking a little extra doesnt do crap. No buzz or extra pain relief or anything. So theres no temptation, only desire to push forward and get off this crap. Tapering off oxy sucks. All I can think about is taking extra to feel good.
This is definitely the way to do it. Switch to Loperamide, then taper as long as needed.

I don't know if anyone will see this tonight but I took 120mg or 60 pills of loperamide 2 hours and 5 minutes ago. I don't feel any different yet but I just wanted some advice as to whether I should go to the hospital just in case? Is this a high dose for someone with no tolerance to opiates? I foolishly took the dose before reading all 13 pages and now I'm giving myself a panic attack! Thank you!

That's a high dose for sure. It usually takes 3 or 4 hours to really kick in. If you start to feel difficulty breathing, then go to the hospital. But very most likely you will be fine, just learn from this, and always do your research beforehand.

By the way, loperamide is a shit opiate to try to get high on. No euphoria, just a heavy body. If I were you I'd stay away from opiates in general, too much of a risk of a life-destroying addiction. But also loperamide is dangerous in chronic high dosages because of the risk of fatal heart arrhythmia. This one time isn't going to kill you, but I recommend strongly against experimenting with loperamide in the future.

I hope you didnt go to the hospital. You probably feel a little shitty today. The hangover from Loperamide feels like you ate dogshit for breakfast. Its a long acting opioid so the hangover can last for a day or two.
I agree with Xorkoth. Dont experiment with Loperamide. Its not a good high. You dont want to get mixed up with opiates recreationally. Withdrawls from long term use really suck. Add the fact that they are starting to talk legislation about putting lope behind the counter like Sudafed. Imagine having to go to the Dr and ask for help getting off an addiction to diarrhea medication because you cant buy it in bulk anymore????
If youre desperate to ruin your life, do it with alcohol. At least when you go to rehab they will call it a disease and you will fit right in. Or do you you want to be the only guy in rehab who hasnt crapped in a month?

I hope you didnt go to the hospital. You probably feel a little shitty today. The hangover from Loperamide feels like you ate dogshit for breakfast. Its a long acting opioid so the hangover can last for a day or two.
I agree with Xorkoth. Dont experiment with Loperamide. Its not a good high. You dont want to get mixed up with opiates recreationally. Withdrawls from long term use really suck. Add the fact that they are starting to talk legislation about putting lope behind the counter like Sudafed. Imagine having to go to the Dr and ask for help getting off an addiction to diarrhea medication because you cant buy it in bulk anymore????
If youre desperate to ruin your life, do it with alcohol. At least when you go to rehab they will call it a disease and you will fit right in. Or do you you want to be the only guy in rehab who hasnt crapped in a month?

Do you know roughly the timeline of lope the come on time the initial 'high' and comedown etc so

Btw squeaky it's refreshing to see another open minded person on this subject as you probably noticed it's a bit taboo to talk about this

The high hits around the third or fourth hour. Lasts around 12 hours, depending on how much you took. The residual effects(like lethargy and constipation) last 2 or 3 days sometimes.
So, it takes forever to start working. Leaves you stupid for half a day. Then you feel sick for 2 days. Ill never understand why anybody would do that to themselves when there are so many more options that suck so much less.

Well, I have to concur that there are some opiate-like effects from taking loperamide. I have been IVing H daily for 6 months, anywhere from about 60mg to 300mg in divided doses. I've always liked the initial effects of H better that occur in the first 30-60 minutes rather than the longer lasting effects at 4-6 hours. Therefore I usually take smaller, more frequent doses like 4-5 times daily rather than 2 larger ones. I love the initial head rush and euphora.

I did not find my H in my mailbox today to my disappointment. Remembering that Immodium can stave off some of the WD's I did a little research and thought I'd give it a go. I bought a bottle of 200 pills and popped 12 of them, 48mg. Another check in the mailbox and my stuff was there-the mail came late. About an hour after taking the loperamide I banged about 35mg of H and had my pleasurable effects. One thing I do notice is that my high is different. The product is the same that I've had the last few times as my supplier sells what he has in a month or so before re-upping, and he also says when he has a new batch. I find it very hard to verbally elucidate physical feelings into what others can understand for themselves, but what I do feel is a much more intense body-high as well as a nod. My limbs feel light and heavy at the same time and an odd feeling in my abdomen. I've always chased this body high with H and never really got it. I found hydrocodone and oxycodone to be much more effective in this aspect. By itself I don't know how much of a high it can induce, but it certainly did something.

I am starting a job where I must test drug free, so I will be using loperamide to taper from the H. By the way there are some varieties which contain simethicone and I do not know the effects of large dosages of this drug, so I think it's best to avoid these.