• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Loperamide/96 mgs) Experienced: YES, I'm high.

I just took 96 mgs loperamide no effects yet its been about 45 mins
IME it tended to take about two and a half hours to feel the effects and generally they were fairly subtle. It seems there really is a wide swing as far as how intense it is. Some people haven't felt minimal sensations of mood lift while others feel way high. I also will agree that I don't fully understand the chemistry of it but I understand my own chemistry makeup enough to see I fall somewhere in the middle of that range, enough to disagree with those who think it is a ruse.

I can't believe I'm in a thread talking about using Lope to get high...

Yup, time to take another long break from this site. Jesus, I thought the Tramadol threads were bad enough.

Can you please not post here when you're on the rag?

Lope does not get you high and never will. If it did, then 2 tabs would kill you instantly considering how close to fentanyl the structure is. Look up what a placebo effect is.

I kept thinking this as well because of what I have read about it myself.

But figured I'd share this little tidbit with those using this in large dosages.. It really isn't good for your body.

http://www.drugs.com/fda/loperamide...roblems+With+High+Doses+From+Abuse+and+Misuse

I hope you are not making this up bc I am going to try it just for curiosities sake. I have discovered several of my favorite drugs just by a curiosity high. Loperimide, who would have thunk it?

Last edited:
I have used dxm for withdrawl from opiates and benzodiazapines with great success. The dxm will overpower the ill effects and relax me enough to cope for about 8-12 hours (delsym- 8ml dose).

It's real, but I wouldn't recommend it, it's not good for you. If you're withdrawing from opiates and can't stand it, then I recommend it.

So I decided to add a hopefully not too long trip report to this thread for anyone interested. I debated on this because of the many people who think this is a placebo effect- that's why it has been a week since I took the large dose of loperamide, but I decided it might help someone bc for me, I personally scour over NUMEROUS trip reports and HR posts before trying something new and appreciate all that I could find whether the results are positive or negative. So here it is:
Last week, Monday night, I had a few beers, nothing excessive but it did put me into a severe opiate craving (the cravings come on occasionally when I drink which is why I've been cutting back). Since I had gotten back into a heroin habit months before I decided to eliminate people, places, and things. Thus, I had nowhere to turn for heroin (thank god for that- it really created problems for me). So in such desperation, and having read something about lope maybe giving a semi-opiate high, I decided to give it a try and in one gulp I downed roughly 60 or so pills around 11pm and fell asleep around 11:30pm due to the sedation of the alcohol, not the lope.
Well, I woke up alil over 4 hours later. Upon waking I instantly noticed that my arms, legs and basically every other muscle in my body were very relaxed and had a very pleasant opiate feeling throughout them (best way to describe it). It was only then that I remembered that I had taken about 120mgs of loperamide a few hours prior. I, to the best of my knowledge, do not get placebo effects. Ever. If anything I get something to the opposite of that. When I take a handful of hydrocodone while having a low opiate tolerance, and if the effects are light, I'll keep brushing them off as a placebo effect bc part of me doesn't want to accept anything other than a full blown high. And these are the times that I take medications or drugs that are well known to be effective.
So I'll wrap this up by saying that after noticing the initial and somewhat intense body high, I had a cigarette, and for those opiate users out there that smoke, you know how an opiate can cause you to smoke 3 or 4 times as much while high. Well that was exactly what happened to me. So I went to work at 7am, was sweating more than usual, smoking every 20-30 minutes, was much more talkative, way less social anxiety, had the body high, and was in an overall better mood. This was real. And I know that because when I woke up feeling high, I had completely forgot for the first few minutes that I had taken the lope just a few hours prior.
Now the shitty part: I wanted that same feeling so a few days later, on friday, I took 65 pills, 130mgs. NOTHING! Well, other than two days of constipation. I don't know how it it worked the first time with the whole blood brain barrier thing but that's my story. Take it or leave it lol. ;)

I've used loperamide several times and it DEFINITELY gave me a mellow high. I've NEVER taken more than ten pills...and even with my massive opiate tolerance, I still get a buzz. I only do it a few times a month like when I'm out of hydros or in withdrawl.
Limbs get really relaxed, eyelids get heavy and I'm REALLY in a good mood. Whoever says this is only a placebo effect has NO FUCKING IDEA what they're talking about. It works for me and everybody's different.

Question for anyone who is willing to answer... Some background first. I'm a recovering heroin addict for about 3 years. Still use opiates every month or so for about 2 days. I recall using loperamide, approximately 30mg for wd's several years ago but it didn't work. Now that I'm "sober" what do you suppose would be a good dosage for someone with a fairly low tolerance? Any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated.

this is an old thread i registered to post once in reference... any real dope head that experienced the type of withdrawals cause by yrs of chewing 75mcg or 100mcg fentanyl patches each and ever day sometimes one sometimes more sometimes 8 or ten of EM every three days and experiences the withdrawals of it will tell you this helps... I have no quarrels with anyone but the placebo folks... let me be the one to tell you a real dope head can't be fooled by placebo ... enjoy your website folks ..................... and anyone that can be fooled by placebo ain't a real dope head but may very well be on there way to being one... loperdime was illegal otc until 1988 or so due to its opiod properties... later taters ... its real... unless your still a half way dope head that can still remember your first High....

Last edited:
Question for anyone who is willing to answer... Some background first. I'm a recovering heroin addict for about 3 years. Still use opiates every month or so for about 2 days. I recall using loperamide, approximately 30mg for wd's several years ago but it didn't work. Now that I'm "sober" what do you suppose would be a good dosage for someone with a fairly low tolerance? Any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated.

I wouldn't recommend loperamide to get high, honestly. It can be a godsend for withdrawals, but it's not great for a high.

I wouldn't recommend loperamide to get high, honestly. It can be a godsend for withdrawals, but it's not great for a high.

It really can be a useful for withdrawals.. the first time I used it for that I was a week or two into re lapsing into my lowest run yet. A bag or three aday and hopped on a plane for a week trip. Had to ride rollercoasters pretending I was fine and the Drenaline really didnt help wd at all. With no sources around and feeling shitty day two away from home I ran to grB like 40 something lope and 96 mg I took after reading like 2 threads about it found from a Google search for otc opiate because I knew there had to be one and hadnt learnt of lope yet besides immodium existed. Took two hours and it really worked I did use gf juice and black pepper at the time. I thought I felt pretty high. I replied to a thread on here swearing u can get high on the stuff. And thats what this threads about. Getting high on it. Which really does have a nasty kind of feeling any other time I took it for wd. Like u can feel it in the background floating around in ur nervous system like a half pound of caffiene 6 pounds of sugar intakes or something gross like that a dirty feeling like xanax when ur heavy into dope. I compare it to the time I accidentally took 7 stacker 2 cus they were in a old vicodin bottle. It's not good for a high unless I guess u take enough to feel it. Like over 100 mg and u use gf juice pepper tagament oleprazole whatever of those things quinidine that u can get ur hands on or justify eating.
Part 2 so i actually felt high and got sleep that night first in 3 days. And took some more of the next few days and stopped and felt fine. So it would work for a fledgling habit and do it right real quick. But recreational value really is low and dangerous because of the whole mptp controversy which leads me to say hold off on the lope if u can and have access to kratom it does work better then lope. And doesnt feel quite as gross though it can too. But either lope or kratom ur gunna feel like a 1 percent background withdrawal most of the time in my opinion.
Part 3 after getting back from the little get away that led me to lope I was fine the two weeks before I had been clean for months or years after weaning down off subs for a year or two and that worked great. But of course I got back from the lope scare and worked up to the worst habit yet 3 grams a day of real good #4 , and at that point it took 3 days of 8 or more mgs of subs to even feel okay again. No instant relief to normalcy like subs could do to a lesser habit. Almost lost my fiancee quit my job spent all my money I saved up to move with her somewhere and seriously fucked up relations with all my families. But now 2 years later after some hidden use and back to subs down to 1mg a day for a while but then started to go .5 mg a day then on refill tak like 3 2mg strips to get high and keep running out like an idiot and relying on kratom for a week or two till subs are perscribed and I repeat like an idiot. Got me reading about lope and kratom and other ppl takes on all this stuff.
Part 4 just ran out of subs was taking .5 or 1 mg a day took like 4 grams of kratom n got 10 5 mg hydros and took 4 then 2 more and just felt like a waste and seemed like too little to do anything ended up taking 7 over 3 hours and 3 the next morning didnt feel well enough at work all I got 3oz kratom took like 1/8 th of it pretty much felt a hundo percent got my hands on 10 7.5 mg hydro took all of them 2 hours ago and fairly disappointed to say the least but I guess it's getting okay as we go. But I never thought I wouldn't feel great from some vics but I guess all that heroin is the reason. I thought I could be good if the equivalent of a roxy buy I guys hydro just isn't good enough. Did not cwe because I only had 10 and figured the 3250 of acetaminophen shouldnot be to bad just isolated occasions.
Part 5 it's been said on the world wide web a propionyl ester of loperamide can be achieved through chenistry snd it acts like a classical opioid and very comparable to methadone so long story short I wish I was a chemistry ace and need to stop fucking up with my damn subs cus I'm so low on only 1 mg a day prescribed

I gave it a try on Monday. Took 48mg with a low tolerance. First of all, I'll say, it most definitely is not a placebo. If you've ever had bad/fake dope or pills, you know wd's are very real and the placebo effect doesn't apply to you. They work and they get you high. I've been off dope for three years, so I can't speak for those who have a high tolerance. But for someone like me, they're pretty awesome.

This is what happened: Stopped at my local, friendly neighborhood Walgreens and bought two 24ct. boxes of loperamide. Took 48mg around 8:30am. About 25 minutes after dosing, I get to work and feel pretty shitty. I was so disappointed by the effects of the loperamide, I almost went home sick. I had a high resembling that of a Xanax or klonopin, which I hate. I just wanted to go to sleep. It sucked and I immediately regretted taking all those pills. After feeling like shit for the next four hours or so, I go to lunch and by the time I got back to work, I felt amazing. I have no idea why it happened this way or what I did right/wrong. I ate lunch, obviously, but I also had breakfast with the lope. I've taken the same amount every day since Monday and I've been high ever since. It lasts a long time, maybe 16 hours or so (I'm not sure since I haven't been sober any time in between). But it's a typical opiate high. Same side effects, good and bad (euphoria, change in mood, relaxed, not a care in the world). I also had the typical negative side effects, nausea/vomiting, itchy, urge to smoke more, sleeplessness, constipation, etc.

My conclusion? Works great for someone without a dope habit. Gets you pretty fucked up and lasts a long time. If anyone knows of the harmful effects of this drug in copious amounts, I'd like to know. I'll definitely be taking a break from it for a while. Don't need to start anything... again. Also, if anyone has any ideas as to why the first few hours after dosing was the way it was, I'm interested. I'm completely flabbergasted. It was just an unusual way to start out.

Also, some of the other negative side effects are dizziness, light-headedness, and seeing spots. It's a little scary and not typical for me, even when I used opiates or dope regularly. Questions, comments, concerns, I would appreciate them all.

Last edited:
The heart rhythm problems are a deal breaker for me. I stick to the recommended doses on the box for withdrawal. If taken with dxm I definitely feel "something" could be just placebo I guess at 2mg doses. I'm really sensitive to medications and don't think anyone could duplicate this. If I upped the dose I might feel more but I'm terrified of the long QT symptoms I have enough problems being addicted to poppy tea and alcohol.

I get a feeling in my gut I associate with the opiate high and I feel a slightly manic euphoric buzz.

Yea I think so honestly. Lope takes a good two hours or more to kick in and it won't help anything until then but shouldn't make anything worse either

Seriously dont take it for very long its the worst thing to be dependant on it does serious damage to the body and doesnt hRdly get u high so whats the point. Just to not be sick yeah but kratom is better but seem professional help and get on suboxone

So you think that the first few hours of feeling shitty was because they hadn't kicked in all the way? Because after a while, I felt great.

i kills me to see people be so stupid and stubborn about things that are literal god sends to any opiate user. loperamide gets you high and at the very least will cure an opiate withdrawals anyone would ever experience. i wish they were more known about but then again i just wish we would smarten up and legalize and and educate people on all drugs because all of them are useful in their own way and are only causing problems in the masses that they are because they are illegal.