• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Loperamide/96 mgs) Experienced: YES, I'm high.

As far as I know loperamide is neurotoxic, so if it's getting into your CNS this isn't actually a good thing.
I'm not going to say you didn't actually get high - lots of people say you can't get high on diphenoxylate, too (you sure as hell can, i've confirmed it on a number o occasions, and i'm not gullible or stupid). What I am going to say however is that for the sake of your digestive system and brain that it's probably better to stick to "proper" opioids.

What literature is out there discussing neurotixcity of Loperimide? just and author would rock!

This one is a case study about toxicity in a child.

This one is a scientific publications version of a Penthouse Forum letter about loperamide toxicity, as far as I can tell.

Theres another article about loperamide toxicity in a collie, but I'm not sure if that's relevant here.

there are plenty of reports of loperamide neurotoxicity in animals, it works a lot like MPTP. where animals have impaired Blood brain barriers like young pigs, it kills them.
I have posted on ADD about this before with references. can't be bothered to find the thread.

loperamide is bad news.

Thats pretty scary, thanks for the source.The Biochemistry of Neurotoxicity has always been an interest in mine.

MPTP is not good at all, you would not want Loperimide crossing the BBB if it acts like MPTP.... ANd I Suggest everyone interested in trying to get high off Loperimide look into this Neurotoxicity, especially you Malfunkshun, Parkinsons is no fun at all.

(A)_ I read those articles and there is no evidence of anything severely toxic other than 1 case report of an infant who had severe opiate-like toxic reaction. This reaction was easily reversed by an opiate blocker so methadone may also work in this regard.
(B)_ There is certainly nothing indicating any kind of toxicity that is similar to or on par with MPTP other than the fact of the way it crosses the BBB in some.
(C)_ Any kind of opiate constipation is nothing compared to the levels of diarrhea that most laxatives can produce so stop saying he's not gonna shit again, the joke is old and it's not that serious.

If there is any mention of SPECIFIC toxicity anywhere else post that, you cant go off a single report of an infant who's biochemistry is quite different than adults. BTW that article mentions that loperamide was tested upto 8mg/kg day with no ill effect, which is well over the dose malfunkshun took.

Last edited:
^ I agree. There's probably only a 1 in 50 chance that someone who takes loperamide to get high will take enough to become a 20 year old parkinsons zombie.

Okay, I have used loperamide with effect before. I used to use it to potentiate kratom when I still had a very low opiate tolerance.

Basically, my introduction into the world of opiates was kratom, and I would never use more than 4 tablespoons of material once a day. When I would become tolerant to the effects, I would take a brief break.

On a few occasions, I had become tolerant and wanted to find a way to get high without increasing my dose of kratom. On 2 or 3 occasions, I took about 24mg of loperamide, along with my kratom. In the beginning it would seem mostly like a generic kratom buzz. The difference was in the duration.

Kratom is an EXTREMELY short acting opiate, 3 - 4 hours of being high IME. When I took the loperamide, I was sedated for at least 8 hours, 4 hours longer than kratom should last. I felt very heavy, got the frog in my throat opiate effect (although that is probably a peripheral effect) but I could say with certainty that at least SOME of the loperamide had to get through the BBB. I experienced mild opiate euphoria. I've no reason to lie, and neither does Malfunkshun.

No, I have no reason to lie, and anyway, why would I lie just to subject myself to constant ridicule on these boards? This is the second loperamide thread I've made, and the first one got closed because of various asshats who's only motivation was to spam up the place because they thought the idea of getting high on loperamide was ridiculous.

I didn't make this thread to start up another silly debate. The only reason I posted this thread is because it fucking needed to be here. That's what trip reports are for, describing your experiences on drugs. Believe me or go to hell, I don't care. Now it's here and it'll be relegated to the depths of the boards eventually.

these flamers are clearly ignorant, petty and probably don't have much of a life because they are directing so much of their energy at dissing someone for taking a drug that is actually been used quite frequently in the research circles as an opiate(central+peripheral)+Ca2blocker. I don't know if people who post about loperamide in opiophile/somniforum have to deal with all this ridiculousness but damn, it's not like the guy was doing something dumb like huffing paint fumes or something, he's taking a real drug and if there's anyone here who clearly feels like he is a lesser person because of that then maybe you should no longer post here at bluelight as your malicious responses are not welcome here.
^ I agree. There's probably only a 1 in 50 chance that someone who takes loperamide to get high will take enough to become a 20 year old parkinsons zombie.
I'll say it again, loperamide does cross the BBB and when it does it does nothing to effect dopamine receptor and neither does it's metabolites, so nobody has to worry about parkinsonism unless someone for no good reason decided they want to home synth loperamide that may have unknown contaminants which immodium and such clearly doesn't have

Ok.. I"m picking some of this stuff up. I always believe a high from it was possible at high doses. I think at high doses, some of it possibly manages to find a way pat the BBB. I guess it just as safe a an opiod because of the constipation, i mean opiates do that to us anyway so why not use Immodium lol.

Next time I'm in w/d i will have this on hand. Thanks for the great report. I think I'll go with liquid though because i have swallowing all those pills..

Hey OP if you do it again, please give is another report and if anyone else does it please add your report. And this should be made the official Immodium thread!!!

Rpg

ive used it for w/d's several times, its a lifesaver. no need to take as much as the OP did for that reason, unless you want to try it. but i need usually between 16-32mg's to keep my body well, then if i cant get any benzo's i take like 100mg's or so of dxm, for the head, not great, but i get through ok and am fuctionable.

Yes about all this constipation bickering, if you take a high of enough dose of any opiate your GI is going to stop moving completely.

If you take high doses of loperamide, it will only do the same thing. I've taken higher doses of loperamide and experienced moderate constipation.

Then I got addicted to pods and went on 4 day stretches without taking a shit. I'd say the pods actually clogged me up more!

Loperaminde along with Cereport, which increases permeability of the BBB, has been shown to produce clear analgesic effects.

I also have heard p-glycoprotein inhibitors get it across the BBB more effectively.

The other option is delivery of loperamide with polysorbate-80 coated nanoparticles.

In reply to the constipation comments; Massive doses of oxycodone have prevented me from going for a couple weeks, by which time I was so worried about the pain and blood I pushed it another 4 weeks (6 weeks total) before I lost voluntary control and had to go; several times now. I won't mention specific doses lest I get accused of dick sizing again.

I've used loperamide when starting sertraline for its anti-diarrheal effect. Sertraline happens to be a p-glycoprotein inhibitor, and its metabolite has an even higher affinity for p-gp. I don't know if that was the reason, but I DO remember suddenly feeling a very mild codeine-like buzz from about 30mg. I was not expecting to experience anything other than shitting less, so it was slightly cool.

Last edited:
I used to use loperamide in combination with euphoric benzodiazepines when I was detoxing from Heroin and other Opiates/Opioids. Why anyone would try to get high from it, I do not understand. Just buy a Darvocet because if anything at all, that's all you might get from ingesting 60 pills of loperamide.

My advice is to stay clear of those type of drugs anyway. I am a recovering addict, and Opiate addiction is no joke. When you find yourself eating loperamide to keep yourself out of the bathroom for a couple hours, you'll be sorry you ever attempted to get high from it.