• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Loperamide/96 mgs) Experienced: YES, I'm high.

I stopped coming to bluelight about a year ago because I got tired of all the bullshit being flung my way about loperamide, but I still stop in once every month or so just to check pm's. Usually I'll have a few messages from people with questions about poppy seed tea - the subject for which I was known around here before I made the grand mistake of assuming that my honesty was worth more than two shits to a bunch of drug addled degenerates.

Anyway. I used to have a pretty active poppy seed tea thread here in the trip report forums, so I decided to check and see if any new questions were posted... but lo and behold, what do I see instead?

This old loperamide thread, and it's still active. Wow.

So... since I'm here, I thought I'd say thanks to a few non-degenerates who behaved civilly towards me when all this was going on:

ifonly
memphis10
sarbanes
junctionalfunkie
garuda
pinpoint
snowbear
risefromruin
stardog
roxipoppygirl
xorkoth
niebus
(zonk)
amblerg
medievil
lazydullard
mr light
punjistick
euphorification
coldasice
bassicdane

Oh yeah. And a big hearty FUCK YOU to these shit heels:

swybs
jamshyd (mod)
mcwally
johanneschimpo
sixpartseven (mod)
johnny blue
lacey k (mod)
pkt
clubbinguido
livingonvalium
drunken etard
swerz
genericmind (mod)
staffwriter
sp0r
the ketaman
slay
jahred24x
egore
maloxx
too many doses (mod)
psych0naut
dankycodone

Anyway. Adios, cool people.

And fuck off, shit heels.

why am i not on list:(

Very interesting! I cant believe it. I didnt even really believe that Immodium could help with withdrawals.. I never ventured to try it. Wish i would have! Good stuff!

Oh, and if you dont believe what hes saying keep it to yourself. No point in making a 3 page thread 6 with all the stupid comments and bitching!

Yes but lopermide is active in dosages of 1-3mg if it crosses the BBB so its like taking 800mg of hydrocodone to get high. If lopermide is taken in lower dosages it constipates you the same ways as traditional opiates do so your fucking point is stupid.

why do you have to be such a prick? People are going to try what they want and you can't stop them. So what the fuck is your point?

Wow i can only get through the first page of this thread before I taste bile. This is great because it shows me who are the drug fashion police out there, I can trust and who are the self-righteous drug aristocracy that make sick. Good job guys! I was fascinate with the original idea of be able to help reduce wds but for those of us who kicked the habit 5 years ago, got no tolerance and just need a taste not a good connection. Sure swallowing 96 pills is not so bad to me. I was a benzo abuser in africa where the maximum dose of xanax was .25 and I preferred doses in the 25 to 30 mgs range by the end of my stay; you do the math. Where there is a will there is a way. Anyway i would like to hear more about this as soon as the rage leaves my system I will. Some BL up there are harsh but we all have our demons to conquer.

So this sounds promising, so you say you took 120mg while W/d so you have high opiate tolrance anyway. I assume that person who don't have tolerance it would work with much lower doses like 60mg?

I found that using loperamide when going through wd on this site and it has been a lifesaver for real. I can't believe how well it works. For the purposes of getting high would it matter if you crushed all the pills into say a glass of milk? Or would more of the loperamide end up flushed out because you mixed it with milk? I ask because I want to try taking a larger dose but would rather mix it than swallow all those pills. Anyone out there that could help?

I find that chewing the pills and then holding them in your mouth with spit/water to make a slurry (a thickish-liquid) is the best way. Hold them in there and swish for a good 20+ minutes, or even longer if you can stand it. This will absorb a lot of it sublingually and it seems to absorb much better this way than through the stomach. Swallow it when you're done, for good measure. It actually doesn't taste too bad when it's in your mouth, but after you swallow it will leave a foul residual taste and mouth numbness that makes everything taste like shit and lingers for like an hour or so. But worth it if you're withdrawing. Seems to get much better relief with less of a dose. I'll take like 30 of them (60mg) this way and be pretty good.

PS - Peanut butter is one of the only things that will cut the taste at all. :)

I wanted to go ahead and share my experiance with loperamide. After reading malfunshun's posts about it, I was curious. Even though alot of people bitched about how it wouldnt work, I researched it, and decided to give it a try. I do not have a high opiate tolerance, though I enjoy them very much. I enjoy poppy seed tea once or twice a month, and I more recently partake in kratom to help with school.

I first took loperamide to help boost my kratom. I had some mild success with this at taking only 24mg a few hours before I took kratom. The kratom high lasted longer, which is good since kratom usually only lasts about two hours for me.

After that I decided to try it on its own, just for fun. Taking 24mg did nothing, but when I got to 50mg, I was noticing some mild stimulation. This is my favorite part of opiates. So I would take some every once in awhile when I had a big homework project to work on. I started taking 98mg. when I took it.(keep in mind, this is over the course of like 4-5 months).

Then the last time I took it, I had a terrible experience. I took my 98mg dose. Went to class a few hours later, had some nice stimulation. After class, I tried to eat, but wasnt hungry at all. Made some soup and drank the broth. Took some sleep aid (Unisom) to help sleep, but still couldnt sleep well.

I woke up the next morning feeling super drowsey. The moment I stood up, I was instantly nauseated, and had to go vomit. I felt better, but felt super worn out. I was hungry though, so I ate some cereal. Shortly after, I stood up, and got sick again. This kept on the whole day. I slept alot, and as long as I was laying down, I was okay. But as soon as I exerted myself any, like simply standing up, or tried to eat anything. I got sick. I was unable to keep anything but some water down the whole day.

I went to sleep really early, slept through the night, and the next morning was much better. It bit worn out, probably because I was dehydrated, but was able to eat and go about my business.

I'm not sure why this time was so different then every other time I had taken it, I know opiate can cause nausea, and it seems with me that I will either have no nausea at all from an opiate, or I will be very sick for 8 hours. There is no in between.

Just wanted to share my loperamide experience. I'm a light opiate user, I take 5-10 mg of hydrocodone to get high, depending on my mood, and 15mg or more makes me sick. I ran out and for a long time, like a year, I was taking Darvocet, 150-200 mg a dose and ran out of that too. Then I got some WDs and heard that Loperamide helps.

So I got some, took a small handful (probably about 30mg) and felt a surprising little buzz and no more WDs. About 2 days later WDs are back so I took about 20mg and no more WDs but no high. Tonight I had a headache and took about 60mg and I feel... AWESOME! Seriously, I'm really fucking high, like first week of vicodin high, only more of a body buzz... Maybe it's my low tolerance or something, maybe I'm just lucky, I don't know, but it's great.

Here is my 2 cents on the loperamide saga.

I have been following this subject for about 2 years now. I have spoken to a MD who is a spokesmen for a semi-well-known opiate advocacy group, and here is what I learned.

Bad news first.
1) Very little Loperamide crosses the BBB (blood brain barrier)
2) Taking insanely high doeses of lope will earn you an ER visit. (fecal impaction)
3) Various drugs have been tried at home to get it to cross the BBB and all failed.
4) If someone really found a way to make is cross the BBB there would instantly be an immodium shortage. amirite?

The good news.

Your body has tons of opioid receptors outside of your brain. I believe the receptors are the kappa (Mu, Delta, Kappa) receptors but dont hold me too it. When you are mildly sick, taking immodium quiets the peripheral opioid receptors hence giving you a little physical reflief but no mental relief hence the BBB issue.

Loperamide also works awesome on the shits that accompany withdraw.

There was a scientist who did get Lope to cross the BBB by binding polysorbate 80 at the nano-particle level. This is something the average junkie cannot do at home.

Also, I do not claim to be the knowledge god of loperamide, im just sayin what I think to be factual on the subject.

Loki

my tolerance is low for the firt time in years so im gonna be the guenea pig on this just took 130 mg weel see what happens

results:
did experience a 'high' not a very pleasurable one though it was more of a body high than anything no real euphoria to speak of my opinion i wouldnt do it again but hell some ppl mite enjoy it to each his own have fun

Last edited:
I took 32mg and to my surprise it really took my w/d's away (about 3-6 pod per day regimen). It doesn't quite give you the mind high, although I feel like I'm lingering on the edge of one, but it definitely gives the body effects and is keeping the chills/horrible body feelings I was experiencing before I took it ...completely away. At least for now, they are gone. No w/d. I also feel like this could possibly get me high because it feels reasonably decent.

I've been reading loperamide articles for years, and had a considerable amount of experience with it. I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone figured out that sometimes its easier to jump the gate than keep trying to pick the lock. Loperamide shows no signs of the parkinsons-like toxicity that some synthetic opiates have. At extremely high doses, 7mg/kg I've had difficulty focusing that has lasted for hours. After 12-24 hours vomiting began that persisted for a 24-48 hour period. More reasonable doses are in the 1 and slightly lower range, nausea and emesis may be experienced in the first few uses. I personally have had more problems with bowel motility on oxymorphone (iv) . I also have experience with iv loperamide, it seems to produce a temporary overexcitation in the peripheral opiate receptors one would normally feel after using a dangerous amount of another opiate (intense body rush) at low doses 10-30mg. Given the binders involved I cannot recommend iv use, unless you are a decent chemist this is tantamount to shooting ky jelly. Also there is no euphoria iv, metabolism seems markedly (~100x) faster.

i dont care how bad my W/D's are, i wouldnt ever take Immodium to ease W/D's. i Would take it to ease the shits. Geez i would just go buy a suboxone off the street to ease W/D's, that sounds disgusting 96 pills to take? speking off topic, i just dont get it with some people, friends i know that are heroin addicts complain to me "oh im in W/D can i get a half of a SUB" i would tell them NO and they'd flip and i would just tell them "instead of spending $100 a day on heroin just to be in W/D the next day why dont you just buy 10 suboxone for that much money and be W/d FREE for atleast 2 weeks if u do it right....agh....far as Immodium...whatever floats ur boat

I'm having w/d's from 50mcg per 2 days Fentanyl patch. I've got myself down to 25mcg per 2 days now. Would anyone be able to give me a descent dosing number to figure out how much loperamide I'd need to take for w/d's to subside? I'm not looking to go overboard. Just want to taper off.

Not that we need any more evidence of it's effectiveness, but I'll throw in that it worked quite well in keeping the w/d's at bay for me when I gave it a shot the other day. Luckily, my H habit is way low at the moment, but w/d worthy for sure. In terms of it's use for w/d'ing, I think you just have to experiment with what dose will hold you, the worse the habit the more you'll need to take, but trust me it will be a lifesaver (esp. if you don't want to interfere with the possibility of a high later in the day by taking some subs).

And also, it could just be me, but I've noticed that taking the liquid makes it come on A LOT quicker. Like I literally felt w/d's disappearing (and slight body tingles) in just a few minutes after I chugged 1/2 a bottle. Unfortunately the total mg's in the bottles is only about 16-24mg, so if you had a bad habit you'd have to chug a lot, and it is more expensive buying it as liquid.

My only question is would subs bring on PWD's in someone that was maintaining on lope (not in w/d) but then switched to subs?

Not that we need any more evidence of it's effectiveness, but I'll throw in that it worked quite well in keeping the w/d's at bay for me when I gave it a shot the other day. Luckily, my H habit is way low at the moment, but w/d worthy for sure. In terms of it's use for w/d'ing, I think you just have to experiment with what dose will hold you, the worse the habit the more you'll need to take, but trust me it will be a lifesaver (esp. if you don't want to interfere with the possibility of a high later in the day by taking some subs).

And also, it could just be me, but I've noticed that taking the liquid makes it come on A LOT quicker. Like I literally felt w/d's disappearing (and slight body tingles) in just a few minutes after I chugged 1/2 a bottle. Unfortunately the total mg's in the bottles is only about 16-24mg, so if you had a bad habit you'd have to chug a lot, and it is more expensive buying it as liquid.

My only question is would subs bring on PWD's in someone that was maintaining on lope (not in w/d) but then switched to subs?

Not sure if this is exactly what you were asking, but yes.

I maintain on approximately 24mg of lope daily in 2x12mg doses. (Down from 60mg (30 2mg pills) that I used to come off bupe (suboxone) after finding out that bupe is the devil)

I always wait until the WDs start knocking before taking bupe because one time I took a small 2mg tab of sub and felt like complete ass for the next 12 hours.

Lope has its downside like all others, need to continually take stool softener (not lax) at approximately a 1:5 ratio with the lope, and always feel bloated. never high, but don't wish to be dead.. so that's a plus.

What I have found is that weaning on Lope is easier than weaning on bupe. Actually weaning off anything is better than bupe.... (at least for me.)

Last edited:
I tried a higher dose, concentrated the pills and extracted SOME filler, the result was minor but it is documented that like .02% crosses the bbb

Not sure if this is exactly what you were asking, but yes.

I maintain on approximately 24mg of lope daily in 2x12mg doses. (Down from 60mg (30 2mg pills) that I used to come off bupe (suboxone) after finding out that bupe is the devil)

I always wait until the WDs start knocking before taking bupe because one time I took a small 2mg tab of sub and felt like complete ass for the next 12 hours.

Lope has its downside like all others, need to continually take stool softener (not lax) at approximately a 1:5 ratio with the lope, and always feel bloated. never high, but don't wish to be dead.. so that's a plus.

What I have found is that weaning on Lope is easier than weaning on bupe. Actually weaning off anything is better than bupe.... (at least for me.)

Thanks man, that was exactly what I was asking. I see a ton of subs -> lope (which obviously doesn't cause PWD), but not much lope -> subs (which i assumed would cause PWD if the lope was being used daily, like for an extended taper).
Also, for a short taper off opiates you'd recommend just a lope taper, or a sub taper into a lope taper? Probably no need to throw the sub in the middle, huh?

RE: Loperamide - Experienced - YES, I'm High.

Hey all you bluelighters. I don't really know what's up with loperamide threads getting closed! I, also, wrote a thread on loperamide gettin SWIM high and it, too, was shut down!! malfunkshun is right man! SWIM get's high on loperamide ALL THE TIME. SWIM takes up to 2 96 ct bottles at times. SWIM's done his research and it's not overly dangerous. If you want to poop, drink hella water and it doesn't stop SWIM up AT ALL!! A loperamide high can take up to 3 hours to kick in but lasts for like, 24+ hours sometimes. So all you smartasses that wanna put loperamide down, don't be jealous because you haven't had the pleasure of experiencing this. Try again AND BE SAFE!!!!!! It's a powerful opiate AND IT CAN KILL YOU!!! be easy. For example: it takes SWIM about 7lortabs to get high. It takes SWIM about 2-96 ct bottles to get a full blown high. With that said, use it as a guage AND DONT FRIGGIN OVERDO IT!!!! Happy holidays :D