• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Loperamide/96 mgs) Experienced: YES, I'm high.

so, hang on, are the people in here who are addicted to opiates using it just to help them with withdrawal or are they actually getting high from it even though they have extremely high opiod tolerance?
Just to clear that up for me would help a lot.
Though wondering how many boxes of Immodium someone with a high tolerance would need and the look you'd get buying them's going to be pretty funny to imagine.

Aha - just what the self service checkouts at Tesco were made for! ;)

To be fair, I believe him - why would he make it up? To have a million 'you'll never shit in days' comments thrown at him or to note a genuine experience.
Plus with all the people saying they use it for w/d; it sounds pretty genuine to me.

Just as a guide though...
I went to my local pharmacy (unrelated reason, I assure you) and the Immodium there is £2.92 a box of SIX TABLETS.:| I am sure as hell not going to spend THAT much money trying to get high off Immodium!:|

You can get bottles of like 100 for pretty cheap, maybe from Costco

I wish I had these when I had my morphine withdrawals. I found 4 but it wasn't enough

Hey ppl i would enjoy learning others experiences in any form of strange chemical. I want to know what these ppl feel when they subject their body to any concoction. And for whatever purpose as long as YOU get that kick; I need to see EXPERIENCE!

Just as a guide though...
I went to my local pharmacy (unrelated reason, I assure you) and the Immodium there is £2.92 a box of SIX TABLETS.:| I am sure as hell not going to spend THAT much money trying to get high off Immodium!:|

Yeah, brand names are always expensive. Look for generics... in the US you can find bottles of 96 generics for like $6 in some places.

I gotta say I'm a disbeliever in the whole Loperamide gets you high thing, beyond a placebo effect. But it's an interesting topic, nonetheless

I'd try it if I wasn't on Fentanyl and Percocet for pain. If I ever withdraw again, I'll definitely try them for that

It is totally ignorant to say that, it makes no sense. You have no reason at all to disbelieve...

I gotta say I'm a disbeliever in the whole Loperamide gets you high thing, beyond a placebo effect. But it's an interesting topic, nonetheless

I'd try it if I wasn't on Fentanyl and Percocet for pain. If I ever withdraw again, I'll definitely try them for that

Why are you a disbeliever, if I may ask? Plenty of over-the-counter things can get you high. And clearly there are plenty of people reporting that it does. Why would you, who has not tried it, assume that people who have aren't able to distinguish real effects from placebo? I am honestly curious about how you would arrive at that conclusion. If you had tried it and gotten no effects, that would be one thing. But as far as you have led on, that's not the case. And furthermore, you seem to believe that it could help with withdrawals. If it could help opiate withdrawal, then why wouldn't it be able to get you high to some extent also?

So far I've successfully boosted the euphoria of Kratom many times now with "Lope" and extended the duration of the euphoria. I've combined Lope and Krat somewhere between 5 and 10 times now. Usually I use like 50-70 mg Lope and wait 2-3 hours (bc it takes a few hrs to really kick in noticeably) and then eat my Kratom. The only downside to the combo for me is if you raise the Lope dose too high you will increase the sedation and heavy limbs feeling of Kratom a lot.

Sometimes it's nice to just use 30-40 mg Lope with Krat instead. I'd never take Lope and Krat at the same exact time. I always take the Lope 2-4 hours prior to the Krat. I do have a concern though that what if the fact that almost every time I get Kratomized (get high on Kratom hee hee) lately I use Lope with it will cause me to develop a higher tolerance to Kratom. Can combining to opioid mu receptor agonists cause this type of phenomenon in any people that you've known or yourself?

Oh, by the way a good friend of mine feels certain that preloading on Tagamet very significantly potentiates Loperamide's euphoria. The way he preloads is he takes the Tagamet hours before the Lope or sometimes even takes the Tagamet a whole day prior to the Lope. He feels that from trial and error he has learned that taking Tagamet and not waiting enough hours to take the Lope doesn't work nearly as well as if he's already had the Tagamet in his system a long, long time before dosing on Lope.

Me, personally I wonder if my friend would get the most optimal tagamet potentiation of Lope (assuming tagamet even really potentiates Lope; I have no idea since it is my friend's idea not mine) if he took a little Tagamet each day for a few days then took Lope.

Oh, I also recently was able to confirm that preloading on Lope improves the euphoria of good ol Morpheus as well :)

Good Thread!

I see a lot of people having luck potentiating opiods/kratom, but does anybody know if it potentiates pod tea? I would think it would and the above post said Morpheus (The God of Dreams!) was potentiated; seems like we've only touched upon orally ingested opiates. What about H? Has anyone tried it? I already have a low tolerance as I've always managed to keep use down to once a week but it would be a good, cheaper way to stretch your stash.

What does everyone think?

Way ta go making this thread Malfunkshun!

^ How would orally ingesting heroin be a means of stretching ones "stash" or keeping costs down? If anything, it would cost more money. The oral bio-availability is horrible.

Sorry if I did a bad job differentiating; I meant snorted or IV heroin or oxy. Anybody given it a shot yet? And how about pod tea?

^ I'm having a hard time understanding your question. I shot heroin for 3 years, and before that i snorted it. Ask away.

It's cool Purelife, I appreciate your patience. I was wondering if anybody has taken loperamide to potentiate snorted heroin. Also, since pod tea is nice on occasion as well, has anybody tried loperamide with either pods or poppy seed tea? And if nobody has tried, what do you guys think?

would someone with a medium to high opiate tolerance feel anything.
I have used high dose's of this drug for opiate withdrawal and before festivals so i can cancel any bowel problems.
i haven't noticed any difference or effects and i have mixed with quinine

I've been taking loperamide almost daily for awhile now.. I take 200-400 cimetidine at night then I dose my loperamide when I wake up.. tolerance has set in, but it still kills my pain problems somewhat effectively..

I think having tagamet with or awhile before loperamide causes low acidity in the gut and inhibits the loperamide from metabolizing... it seems to work best and most consistently taking the cimetidine the night before.. then I dose around 90-120mg's.. if I took more, I might get the somewhat significant opiate effects and light euphoria I used to get from it.. but I'm ok with it just making my pain problems better.. it's keeping me sane.

Worked for me, tried it in desperation to ward off lyrica withdrawal and got a lot more than i had hoped for. Unfortunately here in Aus its very expensive, cheapest you will get is $4.50 for 20 2 mg capsules. Considering my tolerance is at a level where i need around 18 of those packs for one high which will span two days, you do the math. Another thing to take note of, I purposely have combined it with a strong pgp inhibitor from the start, sertraline. http://www.citeulike.org/group/5070/article/3014258

One other thing to take note of, the constipation that I have experienced from using this drug is the worst I have ever had in my life. I'm talking intense pain as if I were being raped by Lexington Steele or a negro of equivalent girth/length. And it lasts a long time after curtailing the use of the drug. Also it makes my piss a lot more concentrated, so I guess that one of the functions of opioids is to allow the body to retain more water, hence the constipation also.

One last thing - although it completely removes the symptoms of lyrica withdrawal, it is extremely strange in that it does not allow the withdrawal to occur as it would if it were natural. Meaning that after 4 weeks of using loperamide for this purpose, and still having no success staving off the withdrawal, I finally gave up and obtained a doctor's prescription for lyrica. But now I had a bit of opioid withdrawal to boot just for fun, which made me feel extremely depressed and sweaty.

Happy high times

I see people saying that it helps w/ withdrawals when our waiting for your next refill, but would this help w/ withdrawal when trying to come clean? Maybe taking like 40-50mg day 1, 30 mg day2....so on and so forth....anyone?

If you have the willpower, I think that loperamide could work well as a tapering drug when trying to come clean and quit using opiates. I'd figure out first how much loperamide it takes to get rid of withdrawals for 24 hours. Then I'd just lower that dose by 2 mg (one pill) every day, until you are no longer on the loperamide either.

I've tried this before, tapering by decreasing my dose by one pill a day, and it works well. The longest I've ever tapered however was for about a week and a half, and I broke down and just got high on them. I'm still taking the loperamide every day to keep wd's in check, and I'll still get high about once a week. It really is tough to stick to a strict taper, but I'm getting better at holding off on getting high, so one day soon I hope to be off of these things too.

Oh, by the way a good friend of mine feels certain that preloading on Tagamet very significantly potentiates Loperamide's euphoria. The way he preloads is he takes the Tagamet hours before the Lope or sometimes even takes the Tagamet a whole day prior to the Lope. He feels that from trial and error he has learned that taking Tagamet and not waiting enough hours to take the Lope doesn't work nearly as well as if he's already had the Tagamet in his system a long, long time before dosing on Lope.

Me, personally I wonder if my friend would get the most optimal tagamet potentiation of Lope (assuming tagamet even really potentiates Lope; I have no idea since it is my friend's idea not mine) if he took a little Tagamet each day for a few days then took Lope.

Oh, I also recently was able to confirm that preloading on Lope improves the euphoria of good ol Morpheus as well :)

Cimetidine, or Tagamet, does potentiate loperamide, in a big way. In my experience, it usually increases the potency by 25-30%. That's just me though, and when I try cimetidine to potentiate other opiates, it has always been hit or miss. It's worked well with poppy seed tea and poppy pods before, but it never seemed like it was consistent. And the increase was usually about 10-15%, not 25-30%. Oh, and I've found that taking the loperamide VERY SOON after taking the cimetidine works best. Sometimes I take them both at the same time.

I see a lot of people having luck potentiating opiods/kratom, but does anybody know if it potentiates pod tea? I would think it would and the above post said Morpheus (The God of Dreams!) was potentiated; seems like we've only touched upon orally ingested opiates. What about H? Has anyone tried it? I already have a low tolerance as I've always managed to keep use down to once a week but it would be a good, cheaper way to stretch your stash.

What does everyone think?

Way ta go making this thread Malfunkshun!

Thanks. And I would suspect so, that loperamide could potentiate pod tea. I've never tried it, because pods are too expensive for me now, and there are just flat out no good poppy seeds to be had anymore, online or otherwise. However, I did manage to get some really good seeds a couple of months ago by a fluke of luck. At the time, my body was pretty thoroughly saturated with loperamide, and had been for several months. I shook up some PST and downed it, as per my usual method which is described in this thread. However, I was dissappointed to find that the high I got from the PST, although as good as I remembered it, was definitely affected by a cross tolerance to the loperamide. And also, the buzz only lasted for a couple of hours, compared to the all day, 10 hour buzz I used to achieve with every dose back when I was using PST every day. So, I dosed again with some more PST after the first buzz wore off very quickly and got a second decent buzz, which wore off even more quickly. I wound up using a 10 pound back of poppy seeds in two days, which I had expected to last for more than a week. It was very dissappointing. So, I don't know why, but being on loperamide for a good while, possibly, is somehow detrimental to the effects of other opiates.

And one more thing. A few people have mentioned that it takes a couple of hours after taking a good sized dose if loperamide for it to start to relieve wd's. I've experienced this too. If I'm starting to withdraw, I have to make sure that I've taken a 'bed-time' dose at least 3 or 4 hours before I go to sleep. I try to take only two doses a day... one in the morning so I can go to work comfortably, and one in the evening so I can sleep. I normally have to deal with the onset of wd's for at least a few hours each day.

If I were to try this I would also take a laxative in order to compensate for the loperamide.

My fiancee and I decided to try this..I PERSONALLY would not recommend it. Perhaps we just took too much. We tried it once with 60 pills each and got very little effects (slight sedation), and then tried it the other night with 90 pills each. We both have some amount of opiate tolerance (40 mg OC gets us sort of high, but not blasted like the old days). After a couple hours we were both noticeably fucked up, but definitely not "high." It was an opiate feeling without the euphoria.

The next day, I still felt pretty fucked up. We went to a restaurant downtown and to some shops, and I ate about 2 bites of a veggie sandwich and drank some ginger ale...and proceeded to throw up. Luckily I still managed to have a good day despite the sickness.

I would not recommend this..but that is just my opinion.