• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Loperamide/96 mgs) Experienced: YES, I'm high.

First off, thanks for the 'non-hostile' posts for the most part. I was really surprised when I read through this thread.

Piper methysticum said:
Why anyone would try to get high from it, I do not understand. Just buy a Darvocet because if anything at all, that's all you might get from ingesting 60 pills of loperamide.

Sigh. People can be so thick headed. Did you not read my trip report at all? How do you, personally, know for a fact that ingesting 60 pills of loperamide MIGHT get you as high as one Darvocet? You say that as if it were an established fact. I have said many times that it IS possible to get a GOOD buzz with it. I've taken Darvocet, and it's nothing like that. I really don't give a flip if you believe me, but it is just amazing to hear people talk like you when they have no basis. It's pulling information out of your ass, is what it is.

My advice is to stay clear of those type of drugs anyway. I am a recovering addict, and Opiate addiction is no joke. When you find yourself eating loperamide to keep yourself out of the bathroom for a couple hours, you'll be sorry you ever attempted to get high from it.

Sound advice. If by 'those type of drugs' you mean opiates and opioids. And that's what loperamide is for, keeping you out of the bathroom for a couple of hours. However, how do you know I or anyone else will be sorry that they/we ever attempted to get high on it, JUST because it's loperamide? More talking with your butt. Loperamide is an opiod and you can get addicted to it just like any other opioid. I'm sorry I ever got high on anything because addiction isn't a walk in the park.

NOW. I can't really comment on the articles about toxicity, and It seems like they were isolated and restricted to infants. I couldn't find any other references to loperamide toxicity, and there are no warnings on the labels, so I'm going to discount 'loperamide toxicity' as a real danger to be concerned about unless or until somebody finds some real research on it.

With that said, the only real concern I have with it (other than the obvious, that it's an addictive opioid) is that there might be something toxic in the fillers when taken at high doses. Does anyone have any information about that?

Last edited:
malfunkshun said:
However, how do you know I or anyone else will be sorry that they/we ever attempted to get high on it, JUST because it's loperamide?

From the way I read it, he was just suggesting that messing with opiates is a bad idea full stop. Loperamide or otherwise. I think you'll find that many ex-addicts are upset when they see people using opiates and it's kinda understandable.

I have no reason to disbelieve your experience as I've the only time I've taken loperamide was when I was in detox to stop me shitting myself every five minutes. I don't think Piper was saying you're not getting a buzz from the stuff so much as suggesting that there are "better" opiates and that they all have the capacity to fuck you over.

At least that's how I saw it :).

Saying that you MIGHT catch a buzz equaling that of a Darvocet from 60 loperamide pills is pretty specific if you ask me. :)

Well, personally, I doubt that I will try it, but I believe you. At the very least this thread has convinced me to get some loperamide for the next time I have w/d.

I wonder how long loperamide has been out compared to dxm, and i'm wondering how long dxm was out before people started getting high off it.
Maybe someone should give me a good "talking to" for eating so many robo gels. Perhaps I'll never be able to cough again:)

I want to point out the topic of those articles on the last page was concerning Opiate like toxicity in infants, (depressed breathing, convulsions, overdose symptoms). Not Neurotoxicity studies. Seeing as how the BBB in humans works fairly well in animals, I believe if enough Loperimide got in to the brain at once or in enough high doses over a period, it could cause symptoms similar to those seen in the animal studies.

The question is not, does Loperimide cause opiate like effects, because that is a yes. The question is, is it worth it, considering the availability of other opioids, to risk problems for a legally available opiate?

Last edited:
malfunkshun said:
Saying that you MIGHT catch a buzz equaling that of a Darvocet from 60 loperamide pills is pretty specific if you ask me.

Yes - that you might get a buzz from loperamide but why not just use a "real" opiate? That's how I read it anyway.

beenhead said:
The question is not, does Loperimide cause opiate like effects, because that is a yes. The question is, is it worth it, considering the availability of other opioids, to risk problems for a legally available opiate?

Kind of like that.

But, hey - whatever floats your boat. Have fun :).

Well, I realize my reply came off to you in a negative manner, but that was not my intent. I am sorry if I offended you, but "Shambles" hit it right on target. A recovering Heroin addict does not typically take posts like this very well. It just irritates me. That's my opinion, but you know the sayings about opinions. :) Lets just say you have your's and I have mine.

I bet you shit iron pellets and sparks fly out of your ass from all that Lopermide.

If Hydrocodone, or Dilaudid acted only on the mu receptors in the intestine and not in the brain, Im sure it too would be used as a anti diarrhea agent

I took 48mg to combat withdrawal, no high whatsoever. Though my shits have stopped, 10 hours and counting............................

130mg of loperamide gave me a codeine-esqe buzz. I posted on th OP's other thread my experiences with it. It works for me and that is all I care about. For those interested, I also shit normally after two days and the effects lasted over 8hrs for me.

^^Why do you assume this is placebo. Have you or anyone you know personally ever attempted to take a high dose like these here -of loperamide to get opiate effects? If so, at what dosages, if not why are you posting such comments?

I think it's quite amusing that whenever anyone hears anything about certain substances, such as loperamide, that they immediately assume placebo effect. Have you tried it? If not, then what basis do you have for making such an assertion? I'm going to start deleting posts that don't add anything to the discussion, which includes and is primarily targeted at these "OMG placebo!!!1" posts. They're pointless and insulting to the OP and anyone else who is asserting that loperamide can provide more than placebo effect (including myself). I've received effects from loperamide multiple times, and I'm very much experienced with drugs of all kinds so I think I'm more than capable of discerning real effects from placebo.

It's like people have some sort of reactionary defense mechanism in place against people reporting effects from certain medications, like loperamide, and, strangely, neurontin, which most assuredly does have effects (and good ones at that). If you don't have anything useful to add, then don't post. Why do you feel the need to try to humiliate the OP? What good is that doing anyone?

I just don't get it. But what I do get is the power to moderate this forum. So please keep your useless comments to yourselves. Thank you.

loperamide-inexperienced-first try as mental and physical withdrawal aid

I too was surprised and disappointed at the closed-mindedness here.

I was in mild withdrawal after tapering from H (iv) with vics. So not too far out of the woods, when yesterday, while feeling nasty digestive symptoms and mental issues such as depression and cravings, I popped 18 pills of 2mg loperamide (36mg). I had slightly crushed them. I didn't have much expectations. My previous experience with this as a withdrawal aid was mostly at recommended doses or above, which it didn't do much for me besides ease my stomach.

After an hour, I thought, well this isn't working beyond my stomach. I felt it doing something in my gut and easing the tension which was there. Two hours later and it was the same; I still had my mental issues and pain/mild twitching going on. I figured that people dont take into account that they are dehydrated during withdrawal, and loperamide will ease this, leading to some physical and mental ease. I still believe this is partly its mechanism of action.

However, after about 150 minutes I definitely noticed a relief. Fatigue lessened. Mentally my depression faded and the pains subsided. This effect lasted into today, which is about 18hrs later, although I had some runs this morning (which I was happy to have since I was somewhat concerned about having bad constipation). Cravings are still absent. I hope I don't crash too hard when it all leaves my system. I also slept very well which was definitely due to CNS activity on my opioid system.

So my conclusion is, it does get into the CNS for me at this dose, definitely not getting me high but relieving the withdrawal like a dose of codeine would. Better than tramadol for sure but I never got much from that with my tolerance. Also I still believe it works by allowing one to absorb water out of the intestines to hydrate the body, and hydration can cause both physical and mental parts of what one thinks is just withdrawal, to go away.

I once read a scientific article about how MDMA damages the BBB. I hope that isn't why this worked for me; I've done X about 15 times.

Good find. Thank you for bringing this up, malfunkshun, you have helped me out.

mr light said:
I was in mild withdrawal after tapering from H (iv) with vics. So not too far out of the woods, when yesterday, while feeling nasty digestive symptoms and mental issues such as depression and cravings, I popped 18 pills of 2mg loperamide (36mg). I had slightly crushed them. I didn't have much expectations. .

yeah, you wont get any relief taking the dose recommended on the box. it is an opiod, and there is a cross-tolerance, so you have to dose equivalent to your tolerance for your DOC.

I've taken loperamide at doses of up to 96 mg when I wasn't withdrawing, and maybe 48 mg when I was withdrawing from percocet after a long hospital stay.

The 96 mg dose made me sleep a *lot*. I wasn't really euphoric or anything, but I had the frog-in-the-throat sensation and a *definite mellowness*.

When I took 48 mg to alleviate Percocet withdrawal symptoms it totally worked. I just felt normal. No hot-cold goosebumps and aches or anything.

I believe that it really takes a while for the loperamide to get through the BBB. It seems to me that while withdrawing, it takes about 2 hours before I start to feel some sort of relief. Then as time goes on the relief slowly increases.

I took 30mg last night, felt better after a few hours, slept okay. Now today I'm not even yawning anymore, and I'm at the 24 mark from loperamide, and 72 hour mark from pods. Note that I'm withdrawing from Poppy pod tea which has an incredible half life (I could probably quit cold turkey and withdraw for 7 - 10 days as all the morphine gets metabolized and feel worse each day) but this is still saying something in favor of loperamide.

EDIT
If I hadn't taken the loperamide last night I'd be squirming around uncomfortably at this point.

holy gutrot batman
96 pills, yeah ur gonna feel something, eck!
I can barely stomach 30 pills, and those were dxm

but who am I to judge, you felt great off Loperamide, nuff said