Bluelight

Thread: Kratom experiences!?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57
  1. Collapse Details
    Kratom experiences!? 
    #1
    Peace
    I just read a whole lot about kratom and must say I'm looking foward to trying it!! It says that if you take a little its speedy and if you take more it can have an opiate feeling. I'm very much looking for an alternative to opiate therapy and was curious about your experiences with Kratom. Any specific dosage you have used or way of taking this plant? I've heard so many positive advertisements but nobody's personal opions. Peace!!

    ***Don't need to mention that. - Mr Blonde***
    Last edited by Mr Blonde; 28-09-2008 at 17:04.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    We Need A Shaman!!!!!
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Here's my personal opinion, others have had better experiences:

    Kratom offers a pleasing buzz, but it only lasts about an hour. Then it's gone and I can't redose for another 12 or so hours. It just won't work again if I try to dose sooner. When I use it every day, the buzz gets less and less until it's practically worthless.

    Kratom just didn't do me very well. I hope you have a better experience with it.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Kratom is somewhat self limiting when it comes to abuse, or daily recreational use, yes. Each day you use it, it becomes a bit less warm and less euphoric. But its pain relieving properties continue after those effects fade. Even after continued daily use there will always be noticeable anxiety relieving, and pain relieving properties. You can avoid losing some of the glow and euphoria by switching to different strains every so often.

    We in the Kratom Community believe that this is a healing herb that is helping many, many people get off of other drugs, and perhaps even help some people with severe anxiety problems etc. (there are many medicinal uses)

    We really don't want people misusing the herb and we discourage talk of misusing the herb over the internet. We don't want this herb's fate to be that of Salvia's, thanks to youtube. Basically, whats great about Kratom is, its really not all that fun. Its merely relaxing and yes, it does help to alleviate withdrawals from opiate dependant drug addicts. But in no way does it compare to opiates.

    ***Edit: That is not OK. - Mr Blonde***
    Last edited by Mr Blonde; 28-09-2008 at 16:57.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    My recent experiences from last month (1st time user).

    Bought 50g Bali powder.

    1st night I tried 3g - didn't do much.

    2nd night I tried 8g. I poured the powder into a coffee mug, added roughly 4oz of water, and heated it to a boil in the microwave. Then I pulled the mug out and poured the solution through a coffee filter to filter out the powder. I put the now filtered solution back into the microwave and heated it for 1 min several times until the water level was boiled down to about an ounce. Then I downed it at about 12 am. The effects were almost immediate. It basically felt like I was drunk, with slightly more euphoria and moderately worse vision problems (i.e. hard to focus). The effects lasted for about 2 hours and I went to bed, feeling rather sober. Then, unbelievably, I woke up 2 hours later in a crazy opiate-type of nod. The nod was very intense, and so were the opiate-like itchies. This lasted all freaking night, until about 7am. I don't know if this is good or bad. The nod was great, but the sweating/itching sucked ass.

    3rd night I tried 8g again. This time I just mixed the powder with water and drank it. It was unbelievably foul, and the powder is hard and sharp. It feels like drinking sandy water. As far as effects, it felt the same as night 2. Actually the effects felt close enough that I would NOT recommend consuming the actual powder, because it's just a step of unnecessary torture. The nod/itchies might have lasted a bit longer w/ the powder, but it's hard to say. All in all, I'd say use the microwave technique.

    And that was it. It's very impressive for a legal high, but not something I'd ever do again because it just tastes so unbelievably bitter and foul. Also, I didn't get any constipation, but I did experience weird urinary retention. I didn't pee for like 18 hours after each experience. It didn't feel like I had to either. It's weird, you just wake up in the morning and instinctively go to the toilet except you don't have to pee for some reason. And don't worry about boiling down the solution to a lesser amount either, because the active alkaloids appear to be impervious to heat.

    The strangest thing about the whole experience is that it was like two completely separate drug trips. Some said the high is speedy, others said it was like an opiate. For me, it was both. You feel kind of drunk/speedy for a few hours, then you feel normal and you think it's over, then you go into a crazy opiate nod for a few more hours. Weird stuff. I just think it's entirely too long-lasting for my taste. I was feeling the effects for 7-8 hours, and I generally don't want to be high on ANY drug for more than about 4 hours.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Opioid420z
    I just read a whole lot about kratom and must say I'm looking foward to trying it!! It says that if you take a little its speedy and if you take more it can have an opiate feeling. I'm very much looking for an alternative to opiate therapy and was curious about your experiences with Kratom. Any specific dosage you have used or way of taking this plant? I've heard so many positive advertisements but nobody's personal opions. I found an extract site that seems promising and looks as if they have very good quality products. I hope its not to good to be true..... Peace!!
    I've made tea from the standard leaves a couple of times. Here's one test I performed, which was from approx. 25 grams:

    First of all, my heart rate went up quite a bit

    This may not have been the wisest choice, but I went bike riding (the kind you pedal) and holy heck, I was flying up hills at least 15% faster and a greater base speed on more level areas. --And, I didn't feel any fatigue during the whole trek which could mean that I could have driven myself to a heart attack IF I wanted to...
    The next day, my leg muscles were fairly sore from the over use.

    The end. No negatives to list such as a headache, weakness, etc...
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Bluelighter JoshuaV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    408
    After LOVING oxy to death and losing my source, I sought out some Kratom to act as a substitute.

    If you're expecting something amazing, you will definitely be disappointed. It DOES feel like an opiate, kind of, but it's very very limited. I tried several strains in several different dosages, and yeah, it doesn't have that much to offer. Doing too much is awful - I felt nauseous for DAYS. Doing too little is just boring. There IS somewhat of a sweet spot but it just doesn't scratch where I itch, compared to oxy (and I never did that much oxy that frequently, and I hadn't in weeks before kratom, and so it's not just an addiction thing).

    It does have a nice synergy with marijuana though. And it's not an awful thing, it's just limited. It's the BZP of opiates.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Well i got some 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine (Tincture 20mgs in 20ml) comin my way, anyone ever try this?
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Fail Fighter
    My recent experiences from last month (1st time user).

    Bought 50g Bali powder.

    1st night I tried 3g - didn't do much.

    2nd night I tried 8g. I poured the powder into a coffee mug, added roughly 4oz of water, and heated it to a boil in the microwave. Then I pulled the mug out and poured the solution through a coffee filter to filter out the powder. I put the now filtered solution back into the microwave and heated it for 1 min several times until the water level was boiled down to about an ounce. Then I downed it at about 12 am. The effects were almost immediate. It basically felt like I was drunk, with slightly more euphoria and moderately worse vision problems (i.e. hard to focus). The effects lasted for about 2 hours and I went to bed, feeling rather sober. Then, unbelievably, I woke up 2 hours later in a crazy opiate-type of nod. The nod was very intense, and so were the opiate-like itchies. This lasted all freaking night, until about 7am. I don't know if this is good or bad. The nod was great, but the sweating/itching sucked ass.

    3rd night I tried 8g again. This time I just mixed the powder with water and drank it. It was unbelievably foul, and the powder is hard and sharp. It feels like drinking sandy water. As far as effects, it felt the same as night 2. Actually the effects felt close enough that I would NOT recommend consuming the actual powder, because it's just a step of unnecessary torture. The nod/itchies might have lasted a bit longer w/ the powder, but it's hard to say. All in all, I'd say use the microwave technique.

    And that was it. It's very impressive for a legal high, but not something I'd ever do again because it just tastes so unbelievably bitter and foul. Also, I didn't get any constipation, but I did experience weird urinary retention. I didn't pee for like 18 hours after each experience. It didn't feel like I had to either. It's weird, you just wake up in the morning and instinctively go to the toilet except you don't have to pee for some reason. And don't worry about boiling down the solution to a lesser amount either, because the active alkaloids appear to be impervious to heat.

    The strangest thing about the whole experience is that it was like two completely separate drug trips. Some said the high is speedy, others said it was like an opiate. For me, it was both. You feel kind of drunk/speedy for a few hours, then you feel normal and you think it's over, then you go into a crazy opiate nod for a few more hours. Weird stuff. I just think it's entirely too long-lasting for my taste. I was feeling the effects for 7-8 hours, and I generally don't want to be high on ANY drug for more than about 4 hours.
    I feel you bro!! WoW.... seems interesting enough to at least try it. They have Kratom in capsules now, one being chinese, the other being bali. Fail, I always enjoy reading your posts even though you only have 15 of them, everyone is very well thought out and deep. I totally don't wana drink the powder after reading your post, but defenatly wana try the capsules. THANK YOU TO ALL THAT POSTED.... I was soooooooo curious about this herb and you all answered all my questions!!!!
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Bluelighter Geist89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Alamitos, CA
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by Fail Fighter
    And that was it. It's very impressive for a legal high, but not something I'd ever do again because it just tastes so unbelievably bitter and foul.
    Not trying to dicksize or anything, but have you ever drank a glass of poppy pod tea made from 10 large pods to about 8-10 ounces of water? That stuff literally tasted like liquid soil. I almost threw up twice trying to down it. At least it got me really high for about 3/4 of the day.
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Bluelighter pallidamors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bankailorado
    Posts
    7,170
    ^^Personally I like the taste of pod tea, the stronger the better. It's preferable to the odd taste of kratom (even though I will drink kratom tea straight as well). But Kratom has a numbing sensation on my mouth when I drink it, like pins and needles on the tongue.

    I've never really felt too much from kratom. I've had the so-called 10x extracts and the leaves, with the extracts I'd just down them with alot of water, and with the leaves just make some tea. I'd say that the effects were a bit stronger from the leaves, however. I had to use about 1/4 an ounce, which (if I remember correctly) was a few cups of tea...a french press would probably be even more effective, though.

    Subjectively the effects felt similar to a moderate dose of tramadol...especially the serotinergic wakefulness type of feeling. It was great for staving off withdrawals, but I couldn't see it being my drug of choice. After a certain point taking more kratom doesn't seem to increase or prolong the euphoria much. I'm willing to bet though that people who have never been addicted to opiates would enjoy this drug much more than those who are or have been.
    Reply With Quote
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    Yes the taste of Kratom tea is disgusting. Thats why tea is no-longer the preferred method of ingestion by Kratom users. We use TNW= puddle on tongue, plop kratom in, swallow, follow with water.

    You wont feel too much from kratom. Its very subtle for most. The extracts are usually unbalanced and stimulative, rather than relaxing and euphoric. You took far too many leaves. I did the same thing when I first tried Kratom. You only need 2-3 tea spoons. Taking too much will make you sick, or could even ruin the effects all together. I guess you can't really take it and then just forget you took it. You need to recognize the effects and focus on them to feel nice.

    And yes, Re-dosing Kratom is useless, you will feel nothing more. It may make the aroma last longer, but it wont increase the potency of the smell.

    Always remember to use Aroma with kratom. We burn kratom, we don't swallow or drink or consume it, and we rarely speak of toss and washing. Kratom is sold as a herbal incense. Those who choose to abuse it are shunned. Those who choose to use it for pain, anxiety, withdrawal, or cravings should probably refer to it as Aroma/burning rather than feeling/swallowing as well. This is a harm reduction site, we don't want anything to harm the legality of this healing herb.
    Reply With Quote
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Live&Learn
    Kratom is somewhat self limiting when it comes to abuse, or daily recreational use, yes. Each day you use it, it becomes a bit less warm and less euphoric. But its pain relieving properties continue after those effects fade. Even after continued daily use there will always be noticeable anxiety relieving, and pain relieving properties. You can avoid losing some of the glow and euphoria by switching to different strains every so often.

    We in the Kratom Community believe that this is a healing herb that is helping many, many people get off of other drugs, and perhaps even help some people with severe anxiety problems etc. (there are many medicinal uses)

    We really don't want people misusing the herb and we discourage talk of misusing the herb over the internet. We don't want this herb's fate to be that of Salvia's, thanks to youtube. Basically, whats great about Kratom is, its really not all that fun. Its merely relaxing and yes, it does help to alleviate withdrawals from opiate dependant drug addicts. But in no way does it compare to opiates.

    I can send you a forum where you can learn more information and find up-to-date reports on the potency and effects of each strains aroma from each popular vendor with no biases. Anyone reading this is welcomed to send me a Private Message.
    What did youtube do to salvia?
    Reply With Quote
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Geist89
    Not trying to dicksize or anything, but have you ever drank a glass of poppy pod tea made from 10 large pods to about 8-10 ounces of water? That stuff literally tasted like liquid soil. I almost threw up twice trying to down it. At least it got me really high for about 3/4 of the day.

    Yes, I have tried poppy tea. It was much less gross IMO. I can't even explain how bad it is trying to drink the kratom tea without filtering out the solid matter first. The powder just doesn't get softer, like you would expect it to get after being boiled in water. It remains hard and sharp.

    Like I said, it reminds me of mixing sand with water. No matter how long you let the sand sit, it's always going to be hard. So the disgusting part is really the texture more than the taste. I mean, there isn't a taste really - it's just the basic sensation of bitterness, so it only registers once it reaches the taste buds on the back of your tongue. And when you swallow the powder, it has this penchant for sticking to your tongue and throat. It's really hard to wash down. It practically glues to the inside of your mouth.

    Blech, I get sick just thinking about it.
    Reply With Quote
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Well not youtube itself, the kids and adults posting their videos to youtube of them abusing salvia. Perhaps if there were videos of responsible adults smoking salvia in a traditional manor and meditating... then it'd still be legal? But kids had to ruin it, smoking too much, and running around drooling or laughing hysterically.

    These entheogens are sold as incense don't forget.
    Reply With Quote
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    Peace
    i dont think its fair wat he wrote about kids and salvia on utube.kids can use it just az well az adults,people hallucinate on it,and run around i dont know wat"responsable"use xactly iz.people tend 2 want 2 enjoy it regardless of thier age.the real problem iz overzelous authoritys that want 2 make a big deal out of everything saying"oh this iz like marijuana"like thats bad and az if that makes it a big deal,wen its not like marijuana and marijuana should b legal 2.
    Reply With Quote
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #17
    Bluelighter Mr Blonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    13,684
    i dont think its fair wat he wrote about kids and salvia on utube.kids can use it just az well az adults,people hallucinate on it,and run around i dont know wat"responsable"use xactly iz.people tend 2 want 2 enjoy it regardless of thier age.the real problem iz overzelous authoritys that want 2 make a big deal out of everything saying"oh this iz like marijuana"like thats bad and az if that makes it a big deal,wen its not like marijuana and marijuana should b legal 2.
    I disagree that kids should be able to use salvia, or any illicit drug, or even alcohol or cigarettes.

    Face it, most teenagers aren't as responsible as most adults. 18 or 21 may seem like an arbitrary line in the sand, but it's more feasible then having a 'maturity and responsibility' test for people who wish to use substances. In my experience, by the age of 18 most people have got much more sense then they did at the age of 14, hell even 16 in some cases.
    Reply With Quote
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #18
    Peace
    i think people being judged individually iz much better than lines in the sand,or maybe not judging them at all many thingz like pot r actually good 4 u sum1s parents may b 2 close minded.salvia iz basically legal and therez 2 many laws already including 1s based on age.
    Reply With Quote
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #19
    ^ you'd make a much more convincing argument for "anti adultz" using drugs if you used proper grammar and didn't use numbers for letters and z's for s's and all that stupid ass shit.
    Reply With Quote
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #20
    Bluelighter wungchow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    895
    The perfect dose of Kratom leaf for me is 10 grams.

    Just powder it up and swallow with some milk. Effects are comparable to ~15 mg of oral oxycodone.
    Reply With Quote
     

  21. Collapse Details
     
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Live&Learn
    Well not youtube itself, the kids and adults posting their videos to youtube of them abusing salvia. Perhaps if there were videos of responsible adults smoking salvia in a traditional manor and meditating... then it'd still be legal? But kids had to ruin it, smoking too much, and running around drooling or laughing hysterically.

    These entheogens are sold as incense don't forget.
    Have you ever seen what a shaman looks like under the influence? They're usually running around drooling AND laughing hysterically.
    Reply With Quote
     

  22. Collapse Details
     
    #22
    Well i just dosed 4g, which will be a high dose of maeng da or a low dose of bali. Im not sure which one it was but i'll let you guys know how it goes
    Reply With Quote
     

  23. Collapse Details
     
    #23
    I tried smoking small amounts so far after my friend got some extract ordered to his house a few days ago. The chunks have been 0.1, maybe half a gram total smoked and it's a very light feeling. I'd say tramadol mixed with a hint of speed. I'm planning on using the rest my friend gave me for tea (about 2 grams) that I can sip on a couple times throughout an afternoon. Would it be better to consume the whole 2 grams in 1 cup o tea?
    Reply With Quote
     

  24. Collapse Details
     
    #24
    I just steeped 7g of Maeng Da for 30 minutes (with spearmint, for flavor). It went down easy, I'm still feeling it, and it's very nice. I have 8g left, and I'm going to order more.

    Feels like 5-10mg of Oxy. Very nice body-warmth feeling, and my head is in the clouds, but I'm not incapacitated either.
    Reply With Quote
     

  25. Collapse Details
     
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by kadaj
    I'm planning on using the rest my friend gave me for tea (about 2 grams) that I can sip on a couple times throughout an afternoon. Would it be better to consume the whole 2 grams in 1 cup o tea?
    I need to know is smoking a whole lot in a dry bowl with weed or drinking 2 grams of potent extract (reddish soft rock gear) in a tea better for a more opiate-like high? Which is the best method to do Kratom?
    Reply With Quote
     

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •