• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opiate withdrawal??

QuasiStoned said:
Good luck with the 2 week break!

Hey we both live in PA, and I smoke Marlboros too! My opiate of choice (or poison if you will) are poppy pods though.

Quitting for a while can be difficult, but time off is always a good thing. We have to get used to life without the opiates, because frequent use of opiates will always turn out bad! Again, good luck.

Ditto - except I'm a Newport smoker :p

Frequent use is definitely bad...I would say that if you're at doing an 80 in an evening, slow down or stop.

Opiate withdrawl is a bitch - oxy withdrawl lasts longer, but is not as intense as the overwhelming sickness from junk.

Opiates are weird, but when you start feeling like shit, wanting to do anything for a fix, looking at pawning shit off, feel like blowing your head off, you know the monkey has you by the balls (per say) and that is not fun.

gd luck on ur 2 week break
i wudnt rule out the headache as a withdrawal symptom - i never had them wen i came off opiates but i was in detox 4 times, each time with addicts constantly getting headaches
if u can manage 2 weeks, u might even want to look at trying to extend ur break
playing with opiates is playing with fire

I get terrible headaches during opiate w/d. Weed is the only thing that helps.

Two week break isn't working out very well. But I just wanted to update this and say that a couple days ago, I snorted an 80 and the next morning I had the exact same headache that I had a couple weeks ago when i started this thread. I definitely think the headaches were associated with the oxy. It's either my sinuses, mild withdrawal or a hangover, maybe. o well. I'm just hoping i dont get a headache tomorrow.

lifeguardsleeps said:
i dont even want to see what worse withdrawals are like. I am quitting opiates for awhile and if I go back to it id know not to use that often.

Dangerous, dangerous thoughts. I wonder what the statistics are about the number of opiate addicts who were able to go back to using responsibly?

Marlborogirl, it sounds like you are in a place where, if you have withdrawals, they are extremely minor. The smartest thing to do would be to extend that week into an indefinite break. I know it will be hard, but it will be easier now than it will be in the future when you're more addicted. That's what opiates do... they constantly rearrange your thoughts to try to cause you to take them more and more often. And they're really good at this.

I think you are in a good place right now to stop. If a headache is the worst wd your dealing with now you are far better off than many of us. 5-6 times a week can easily turn into a wake and rail situation on a daily basis just no keep the pain away.
Opiate withdrawal is horrible! If you can go days without any then it's not too late to save yourself. It's a fast slippery slope.
Please, try and go as long as possible without it. If you can go two weeks then there's nothing stopping you from going three!
Good luck, and try as hard as you can to keep usage recreational! Try not to use on work days or school days. Once you go beyond the habit phase into addiction it's very hard to get back!

Xorkoth said:
Dangerous, dangerous thoughts. I wonder what the statistics are about the number of opiate addicts who were able to go back to using responsibly?

Marlborogirl, it sounds like you are in a place where, if you have withdrawals, they are extremely minor. The smartest thing to do would be to extend that week into an indefinite break. I know it will be hard, but it will be easier now than it will be in the future when you're more addicted. That's what opiates do... they constantly rearrange your thoughts to try to cause you to take them more and more often. And they're really good at this.

Holy shit is that ever true!

withdrawal

I don't know why nobody ever mentions taking Kratom for withdrwal of opiates? It has been a godsend for me!8)

when you get withdrawal, you will know. imagine the worst flu feeling ever, and the some. your headache was prolly just what it is, a regular headache, for most people wd's dont hit for about 24 hours, some less, some more. so, you dont want to get on maintenance, thats a good thing. you dont want to go to rehab to learn how to stop, thats cool too. you dont want to go to therapy, and you dont want to go to NA. then how exactly do you plan on stopping? sheer willpower, it is doable, but not by many.

I wish I would have done what some are saying here when I was where you are now. 10 months later and I'm on suboxone detox. I never meant to get addicted. I didn't think it would happen to me. I wish I could go back and just never took another opiate ever. I know the feeling is great but it's not the answer. IF you are trying to cover some feelings or something up by taking opiates wait till you have more serious w/d and then stopping will be close to impossible. Opiates change your brain chemistry and before you know it you will not be yourself 100%. If you can make a choice to stop now, seriously do it b/c you don't know that a few months from now you will have that choice. It's a fact of life. I didn't believe people, had to experience it on my own. I thought I was different and would have the will power to stop. Well I wish I would have listened. Yup, like someone on bl said taking opiates recreationaly...lol...& taking opiates is like playing with fire in the middle of the freeway during rush hour(that seriously seems safer) and if u continue taking opiates recreationally it will ruin your life in a major way I can bet you a million bucks so no matter how different from us addicts u think u are...we were where u are....the only difference is that we were there earlier...seriosly if u are not a terminal cancer patient never touch another opiate and you will save your life.

Been a long time Opiate user (25+ years) & don't think I ever had Headache(as part of WD's) Prob just coincided Opiate WD's usually involve joint/Body aches/pain cramps flu like symptoms hot/cold flushes very loose bowls(understatement)...emotional episodes ie Breaking down & even crying for know reason at all.. Anxiety attacks . paranoia & general fear ALL loverly experiences I'm sure you agree...Love & good luck Dee.. .

I used to get thumping headaches when I was chewing and swallowing a handful of dyhydrocodiene. Thinking back I would get headaches from snorting subutex. You could be right about the sinus thing and the chalk going up the wrong passage.
By all accounts, it doesnt sound like you have anything near a physical habit if you can stop for weeks and start.

Xorkoth, that was outstanding. I've been trying to use "responsibly" for over a year now with the predictable level of success. My wife doesn't make it any easier ("I kinda wanna do another shot") but it is really all on me. I've worked it down to one or two bags/day however within 8 hours of my last one I'm in acute w/d. After 2 weeks of 1 to 2 bags/day? When is this going to end?

I don't see myself getting off Suboxone any time soon.Shit,just last week I bought a gram of dope.

Detox can be made more tolerable by having your doctor prescibe the following compouds;
65mg Darvon -a methadone analog that you wont get habituated to.
Clonazapam for the anxiety,
Catapress patch for high blood pressure fluctuation,
and and either 1/8 gr belladonna tabs or dicyclomine 10mg solution for bowel control -excellently.
this really works and is the quickest way out.
I have been taking 300-600mg of morphine daily for several years due to a spinal cord injury.
So - the trick for your body's response is the Davon, it sets on the opiate nerve recptors weakly but enought to keep you functioning.
it starts 4 65mg Darvon 3X daily for 2 days, then reduce to 3X day for 2 days and on down while takine the others as needed. I'm on my second day now as I write this post.
good luck to you all.

detox

Even though my third back surgery is upcoming, I have to detox, taking 3 80mg OC, 10-15 1000 mg pertocet for breakthrough pain and 10-12 350mg soma a day. Anesthesiolgist says can't do surgery because afterward the hospital can't legally or safely give me increase in pain meds post-op to help after surgery, so I have to cut back my meds prior to surgery. I've tried cutting back across the board but just can't do it, I'm addited to this stuff now, not to mention the pain.

I find myself looking on line now at these online pharmacys thinking if I had enough zanax, or valium I can detox myself ect ect, but in my mind I know I'll just get ripped off or just make things worst. I'm addicted, but not an addict and what I'm thinking about with these online pharmacies is starting to look like addict behavior. I don't doctor shop or anything like that, I am truthful with my doctor about what I'm taking and how much because he is the one giving me the meds. I have to admit though I have purshased soma online and told him so, he just wants to help, not a quack or anything, but his take is for me to just stop taking as much and I can't do it, I've tried.

Im sick of taking these meds and need some advice.

Go on suboxone.

It really isn't that bad. It is an opiate painkiller and will make you feel happily normal while your on it.

Ask your doctor if you can go on it, maybe at a starter dose of 12mg a day (1 and a half 8mg pills) just to be sure you can accomodate your huge oxycodone habit (10-15 1000mg percs a day! i want some of those!! haha, i know you mean 10mg, but still). 8mg of suboxone will most likely suffice, but try 12mg.

Then you can, after a week, very quickly reduce your suboxone dose. suboxone is strange because it actually works better at lower doses. So your opiate addict mind will say "how about i double dose today to feel some euphoria!" when in truth the most suboxone euphoria is achieved at doses below 1mg.

so after one week, drop to 8mg. then drop by 1mg every four days. getting down to 4 or 2mg in less than two months can be done easily and completely painlessly. your mind may say "i'm feeling some wd's, gotta take more suboxone" but in truth its just your mind making you think your in wd.

you could even drop down to .5mg once or twice a day. thats when you'll start feeling the suboxone euphoria. then stop taking the suboxone before your surgery and voila! you just dropped your oxy tolerance by a huge amount.

be careful though. i once had a 300mg a day oxy habit, but after tapering down to .5mg of suboxone a day and then waiting 24 hours, i was able to get high off of 20mg of oxycodone. so be careful with your first dose and don't pop 200mg at once like you normally would.

I am on 4-8mg tabs of suboxone per day and still have times of feeling badly. Hang in there and it will take some time. Most likley a year or longer. Depending on how many/much narcotics you have been taking!!