• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opiate withdrawal??

marlborogirl47

Bluelighter
Ok, to begin with I do oxy about 3-6 times per week (it really varies depending on how much money i have). However, I usually take a week break every 2 weeks. I usually do about 40-60 mgs each time. Also, I snort them, if that's relevant. Anyways, i usually don't have withdrawal symptoms except the occasional achy joints. However, two nights ago, I did 40 mgs and it was good, but the next day i woke up with one of the worst headaches ever. It was a lot of pressure in my forehead and it would not go away. I took ibuprofen and waited an hour and it didnt go away and then i smoked a joint and it seemed to go away a little bit but lingered until 11 pm that night, when it went away. (i didn't do any oxy last night, so thats not why it went away.) Anyways, was this a withdrawal headache? I didnt think that was a common withdrawal symptom. Could it have been my sinuses being congested from snorting the pill? Could it be something medical from abusing the pill? Thanks in advance for any help.

p.s.- sorry if this is in the wrong forum. and i used the search engine and couldnt find any real answers to this kind of question.

This may have been better in the Other Drugs forum, someone will move it there if they deem it necessary.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I've noticed headaches during some of my bouts of withdrawal. I don't get one everytime, but when I do they can sometimes be quite bad.

So yes, it could have been a withdrawal headache. I think it actually is, in fact, a somewhat common withdrawal symptom.

Did you read the link I posted?
"Headache in the Use and Withdrawal of Opiates and Other Associated Substances of Abuse"
You can also check out pubmed, etc for more links but I won't waste your time posting them here. Just so ya know they are out there.

thanks for the links, i dont think this was a migraine headache as there was no sensitivity to light or nausea with it.

Keep doing OC's "every once in a while". Those headaches will be the least of your problems! Trust me, been there, done that. "Recreational" opiate use.... lol.

ca.org
na.org
aa.org

i get really bad headaches from opiate w/d's, but it could also be sinuses. i get headaches when i snort anything. i would think if you're having w/d headaches you'd have other w/d symptoms as well. and i also agree with pr0digy... eventually the recreational use will become much much more. i've been there and done that too.

thanks for your comments, i agree that it was probably my sinuses. i've always had bad sinuses. i also agree with the addiction stuff. i've been thinking about it a lot lately because i'm starting to feel the addiction a little bit more. i've been trying to figure out how to stop without going to any treatment like methadone and suboxone or rehab. i barely have withdrawals and i take long breaks. i just cant really stop when i have money. any advice that you have for me would be nice..

oh i also would prefer not going to any na or aa meetings. i know this might sound unreasonable and if i determine i really need it, i most likely will do it.

Just because you had a headache, doesn't mean you were in withdrawal. AS you say you never get withdrawals. People get headaches all the time, dehydration or tension headache IMO. Although could well be withdrawal. See if it happens next time if you carry on using and you have your answer:)

i dont think the headache was withdrawal symptoms because from that dose the withdrawals would probably be coming a day later or the next night.

you sound like me though. that is how i got started with oxy and h. i thought 3-6 times a week was okay, but i still ended up getting sick. the withdrawals like creep up. first it will be aching joints and depression and youll think you can deal with it, but eventually it becomes a horrible feeling. at first i didnt realize it was withdrawals. I thought I just had no energy and was tired all the time, and had no appetite.

i dont even want to see what worse withdrawals are like. I am quitting opiates for awhile and if I go back to it id know not to use that often.

yeah, i did an OC 80 last night which is the most I've ever done in one night and I don't have a headache or anything so i think that other headache was just random. the reason i did so much(for me) is because i'm going to try to stop for 2 weeks. thats my short term goal at least. wish me luck.

Good luck with the 2 week break!

Hey we both live in PA, and I smoke Marlboros too! My opiate of choice (or poison if you will) are poppy pods though.

Quitting for a while can be difficult, but time off is always a good thing. We have to get used to life without the opiates, because frequent use of opiates will always turn out bad! Again, good luck.

good luck on your 2 week break... i've been off opiates for going on 3 weeks, come monday. it's been pretty rough this time around. at least my tolerance should be somewhat lowered when i get my script next week!

QuasiStoned said:
Good luck with the 2 week break!

Hey we both live in PA, and I smoke Marlboros too! My opiate of choice (or poison if you will) are poppy pods though.

Heh, me too ;p

To the OP, I know for me, and for all the other addicts I know - the 12 steps are the only thing that works. and most have tried pretty much everything else first. When the pain gets great enough...

Yeah today was weird because I had money but didn't spend it on opiates but i wanted to all day. i spent it on weed instead. now i'm like really craving some oxy, but its not that bad. i dunno, i'm just trying for two weeks cus its better for me to set short term goals.