• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opiate withdrawal??

suboxone is a godsend, as long as you wait the appropriate amount of time (which was about 24 hours after my last shot) and you don't plan on substituting. you can detox without withdrawal with as little as 3 pills. over a 5 day span. because of the half life the suboxone will still work for about 2 days after your last dose. you will virtually go through no withdrawels.

I'm coming off of a gram-a-day H habit. I waited 12 hours since my shot last night (which was only a quarter of my usual gram), then took a suboxone pill this morning. Did I not wait long enough? I still have some shivers, aches, and stomach discomfort!

I only have 3 more suboxone pills.. will that really be enough to kick this with? I have limited resources and time. I've never tried to do it this way before, so I dunno what I'm doing :eek:

suboxone is a godsend, as long as you wait the appropriate amount of time (which was about 24 hours after my last shot) and you don't plan on substituting. you can detox without withdrawal with as little as 3 pills. over a 5 day span. because of the half life the suboxone will still work for about 2 days after your last dose. you will virtually go through no withdrawels.

I go through w/d every mnth...get my script of oc now op's and go on a 7-10 day run, I found that my Soma's help, probebly due to the sedative effect, but it's still a week of hell, the worst thing is the insomnia and the loose bowels. I am fairly intelligent but I still go through it every month. Hey...can someone explain the "hose clamp technique" for me?

I'm coming off of a gram-a-day H habit. I waited 12 hours since my shot last night (which was only a quarter of my usual gram), then took a suboxone pill this morning. Did I not wait long enough? I still have some shivers, aches, and stomach discomfort!

I only have 3 more suboxone pills.. will that really be enough to kick this with? I have limited resources and time. I've never tried to do it this way before, so I dunno what I'm doing :eek:

I'm not an expert on this, but you should probably wait for about 20hrs, if you can make it. You have to think: 1 gram of heroin a day means that w/d will take a bit longer to take full effect.

What strenth Suboxone's do you have?

Personally I found subutuex a lot friendlier, which is why I'm back on suboxone :!

I have 2 mg pills. Gonna take 1 mg IV right now and see if that helps me at all. It's been 26 hours since shooting any H now, so maybe it will do more for me..

Please do not try to purchase online. A Police Officer usually shows up with the pkg!!
I've ordered from IOP's before and gotten jacked big time. Never received any "love letters" from the DEA but the companies certainly took my money. I believed I was dealing with a US based pharmacy because the xanax were mailed from Los Angeles. But they were the fake GG249's. I phoned their customer service hotline and complained they were bogus. I ended up dealing with a company in Bombay and they apologised, said they would send replacements (which were 1 mg product called tranax) I will never try to order online again because I had friends who also got ripped off.
That's not important though. If you can get suboxone or subutex, you will feel so much better. It even has antidepressant qualities and you shouln't have these cravings or ill feeling withdrawals.

I loved your post Dee, I am on day five withdrawing from a variety of stuff, whatever w as available, oc's, percs, subs, methadone. I use to take just percs or vics and the withdrawal was always 4 days so I am mystified about day five and still feeling like doo doo. And now the mental aspects are creeping in. Nothing new to add other than it is good to know I am not alone.

I actually have a pretty good withdrawal technique that has worked pretty well for me in the past. But you need to have an established relationship with your doctor before you do this because you're going to need copious amounts of these meds to get through the first week. In my experience, Day 3 is by far the worst. The aches, the hot flashes, the chills, the "too sick to sleep but too tired to do anything else" syndrome (see Trainspotting), it's one big mess. I have withdrawn from Oxycodone, Percocet and OxyContin eight times, and frankly, it doesn't bother me as much anymore. In fact, the WORST thing about withdrawal is the lack of energy/depression that sets in.

So here's my advice.

1.) Early on (before you withdrawal) get a script for Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) and your doc will most likely give you 5 refills. Stock up on those like it was the end of the world. They are light muscle relaxers.

2.) Also early on, before you anticipate withdrawing, get a script for Soma, which is another (but stronger) muscle relaxer. You will either get #120 a month, or 30 for 10 days with refills. Stock up on those too.

3.) Xanax! Benzos are your friend! However, they can be hard to get from your doctor if he or she is anti-addictive-meds. I get 2 mg Xanax, #90 month, and I save 'em up. When you feel at your worst, seriously, take ten of them.

4.) Ibuprofen doesn't really do much, but I find it helps with muscle aches.

And you can forget about food. You'll drop a few pounds, of course. Your ass will leak for days. You will be tired and angry and your skin will start burning, but after about Day 8 or 9, you will once again start to feel your endorphins kick in. Unfortunately for me, by the time I'm detoxed, my script arrives and I'm back on the meds. The lesson in this is that you have to really have to prepare for your withdrawal. I have a crapload of Soma and Flexeril and Xanax in my medicine cabinet because I know that I will come up short some day, and when that day comes, you want to be prepared!

I've heard people talk about meds that control your blood pressure, but they never did anything for me. The combination I've listed above is adequate for me. Spend lots of days in bed wishing you were dead, or dope craving, but there are ways to ease the suffering. What you always have to keep in the back of your mind is, "My next pill is just X days away." That gets me through.

I also find that stretching and walking can help too. If you stay in bed too long, your muscles cramp up and start to atrophy, so try to get in at least one 10-minute walk a day, rain or shine.

Good luck everyone... I know exactly how this goes!

The last time I had any severe opiate w/d's was when I went cold turkey a few summers ago. I was snorting/i.v 200+ mg of oxycodone daily. My connection quit getting them and I knew I was going to be in a world of hurt. The first day wasnt to bad,I had a 10/500 hydro left and It helped some. The next day was when I really started to get sick. Diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, intense muscle spasm's/muscle pain,intense joint pain I felt like a 90 year old man. I had the worst time sleeping for the first 5 days,unable to keep my arms and legs from kicking, only being able to sleep for maybe an hour at a time. I had some pot which helped some but it was the worst eperience of my life not even going into the depression and emotional hell. The worst of it lasted an entire week b4 I started to feel somewhat normal again but took MONTHS to feel completely back to normal. This is not some shit to be taken lightly when you use opiates, you must always weigh the pro's and con's.

Oh and not to mention the hot and cold sweats. you feel like crawling outta your skin!

Good point. getting out and walking around a bit does help! You may feel so week that your legs are going to collapse from under your body but it does help. And another thing, I ended up in the er hooked up to fluids for a day cuz I couldnt keep anything down. They gave me a clonidine patch (blood pressure med) It may have helped some but nothing very noticable.And stock up with soup, ice cream and tea.trust me its all you will be able to handle.
I actually have a pretty good withdrawal technique that has worked pretty well for me in the past. But you need to have an established relationship with your doctor before you do this because you're going to need copious amounts of these meds to get through the first week. In my experience, Day 3 is by far the worst. The aches, the hot flashes, the chills, the "too sick to sleep but too tired to do anything else" syndrome (see Trainspotting), it's one big mess. I have withdrawn from Oxycodone, Percocet and OxyContin eight times, and frankly, it doesn't bother me as much anymore. In fact, the WORST thing about withdrawal is the lack of energy/depression that sets in.

So here's my advice.

1.) Early on (before you withdrawal) get a script for Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) and your doc will most likely give you 5 refills. Stock up on those like it was the end of the world. They are light muscle relaxers.

2.) Also early on, before you anticipate withdrawing, get a script for Soma, which is another (but stronger) muscle relaxer. You will either get #120 a month, or 30 for 10 days with refills. Stock up on those too.

3.) Xanax! Benzos are your friend! However, they can be hard to get from your doctor if he or she is anti-addictive-meds. I get 2 mg Xanax, #90 month, and I save 'em up. When you feel at your worst, seriously, take ten of them.

4.) Ibuprofen doesn't really do much, but I find it helps with muscle aches.

And you can forget about food. You'll drop a few pounds, of course. Your ass will leak for days. You will be tired and angry and your skin will start burning, but after about Day 8 or 9, you will once again start to feel your endorphins kick in. Unfortunately for me, by the time I'm detoxed, my script arrives and I'm back on the meds. The lesson in this is that you have to really have to prepare for your withdrawal. I have a crapload of Soma and Flexeril and Xanax in my medicine cabinet because I know that I will come up short some day, and when that day comes, you want to be prepared!

I've heard people talk about meds that control your blood pressure, but they never did anything for me. The combination I've listed above is adequate for me. Spend lots of days in bed wishing you were dead, or dope craving, but there are ways to ease the suffering. What you always have to keep in the back of your mind is, "My next pill is just X days away." That gets me through.

I also find that stretching and walking can help too. If you stay in bed too long, your muscles cramp up and start to atrophy, so try to get in at least one 10-minute walk a day, rain or shine.

Good luck everyone... I know exactly how this goes!

Taking 10 xannies at once is the one bit of bad advice their I'd think, sounds like a good way to black out n do something stupid. You probably have a benzo tolerance.

I am on Day 1 of Kratom Withdrawal and while that may be Laughable to those of you with Large Habits.. I have withdrawn from Suboxone, Opana, Tramadol, oxycodone and Hydrocodone.. and these Withdrawals while not nearly as Intense are Still No Joke. . I have Almost finished a 12 pack of beer and an 8th of Very Strong Cannabis and I Still do not believe I will See a wink of sleep tonight due to the RLS..

I have been taking 30-40 grams of Leaf Daily for the better part of a year btw.. The Good news is I have completely substituted Kratom for Pills.. although I feel as if some of the Effects of my Previous Pill use May be still Lingering in the wd I am Experiencing

Hey I am actually voice dictating this because I'm trying to subscribe to bluelight but I've had problems and I just want to see if it works thank you for being patient

This thread is from 2008, but people are still commenting in it. It does not belong in the Wiki Forum's Reference Materials section.

Wiki >>> Other Drugs

~ Vaya

I have been prescribed Oxycodone and Fentanyl for five years. My current dosage is not off the charts but way up there. If I miss my dose , you cannot believe the headache that I get right in the center of my forehead, feeling like it's bleeding out my ears. I take at least 100mg of oxy everyday and a 100mg patch that I change every 72 hours. This is not recreational. I wouldn't wish this life on anyone. Before this I was on Oxycontin and Morphine for six years. Praying after next surgery I will get to tapper off slowly. Yippee to no more PAIN or headaches

^ I can believe it.. your natural opioid production is diminished by taking full agonist opioids, so your abiliity to fight pain also diminishes..

there has been a few times where i had snorted a few roxy 30s and about 5 hours later and the next morning i had a throbbing headache around my temple and forehead. i believe that just sometimes they do that to you. wen you start feeling the effects of WD from roxys or oxy, its usually 36-48 hours for me.