Bluelight

Thread: Opiate withdrawal??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Opiate withdrawal?? 
    Ok, to begin with I do oxy about 3-6 times per week (it really varies depending on how much money i have). However, I usually take a week break every 2 weeks. I usually do about 40-60 mgs each time. Also, I snort them, if that's relevant. Anyways, i usually don't have withdrawal symptoms except the occasional achy joints. However, two nights ago, I did 40 mgs and it was good, but the next day i woke up with one of the worst headaches ever. It was a lot of pressure in my forehead and it would not go away. I took ibuprofen and waited an hour and it didnt go away and then i smoked a joint and it seemed to go away a little bit but lingered until 11 pm that night, when it went away. (i didn't do any oxy last night, so thats not why it went away.) Anyways, was this a withdrawal headache? I didnt think that was a common withdrawal symptom. Could it have been my sinuses being congested from snorting the pill? Could it be something medical from abusing the pill? Thanks in advance for any help.

p.s.- sorry if this is in the wrong forum. and i used the search engine and couldnt find any real answers to this kind of question.

2. Collapse Details

This may have been better in the Other Drugs forum, someone will move it there if they deem it necessary.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I've noticed headaches during some of my bouts of withdrawal. I don't get one everytime, but when I do they can sometimes be quite bad.

So yes, it could have been a withdrawal headache. I think it actually is, in fact, a somewhat common withdrawal symptom.

3. Collapse Details

Headache as an opiate withdrawal symptom is all over google. Fuck, even quitting coffee will give you a major headache.

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/j...43422/abstract

4. Collapse Details

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000949.htm
    http://www.meditoxofpalmbeach.com/op...ithdrawal.html
    http://www.alcohol-drug-rehab-directory.com/heroin.html
    http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz..._syndromes.jsp

none of those sites list 'headache' as a symptom. i know that headache is a common caffeine symptom, but i'm asking about opiate withdrawal.

5. Collapse Details

Did you read the link I posted?
    "Headache in the Use and Withdrawal of Opiates and Other Associated Substances of Abuse"
    You can also check out pubmed, etc for more links but I won't waste your time posting them here. Just so ya know they are out there.

6. Collapse Details

here's another person going through the same thing-
    http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/433363

7. Collapse Details

thanks for the links, i dont think this was a migraine headache as there was no sensitivity to light or nausea with it.

8. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Keep doing OC's "every once in a while". Those headaches will be the least of your problems! Trust me, been there, done that. "Recreational" opiate use.... lol.

ca.org
    na.org
    aa.org

9. Collapse Details

i get really bad headaches from opiate w/d's, but it could also be sinuses. i get headaches when i snort anything. i would think if you're having w/d headaches you'd have other w/d symptoms as well. and i also agree with pr0digy... eventually the recreational use will become much much more. i've been there and done that too.

10. Collapse Details

thanks for your comments, i agree that it was probably my sinuses. i've always had bad sinuses. i also agree with the addiction stuff. i've been thinking about it a lot lately because i'm starting to feel the addiction a little bit more. i've been trying to figure out how to stop without going to any treatment like methadone and suboxone or rehab. i barely have withdrawals and i take long breaks. i just cant really stop when i have money. any advice that you have for me would be nice..

11. Collapse Details

oh i also would prefer not going to any na or aa meetings. i know this might sound unreasonable and if i determine i really need it, i most likely will do it.

12. Collapse Details

i haven't figured out the stopping part yet...

13. Collapse Details

therapy, therapy, therapy

14. Collapse Details

Just because you had a headache, doesn't mean you were in withdrawal. AS you say you never get withdrawals. People get headaches all the time, dehydration or tension headache IMO. Although could well be withdrawal. See if it happens next time if you carry on using and you have your answer

15. Collapse Details

i dont think the headache was withdrawal symptoms because from that dose the withdrawals would probably be coming a day later or the next night.

you sound like me though. that is how i got started with oxy and h. i thought 3-6 times a week was okay, but i still ended up getting sick. the withdrawals like creep up. first it will be aching joints and depression and youll think you can deal with it, but eventually it becomes a horrible feeling. at first i didnt realize it was withdrawals. I thought I just had no energy and was tired all the time, and had no appetite.

i dont even want to see what worse withdrawals are like. I am quitting opiates for awhile and if I go back to it id know not to use that often.

16. Collapse Details

yeah, i did an OC 80 last night which is the most I've ever done in one night and I don't have a headache or anything so i think that other headache was just random. the reason i did so much(for me) is because i'm going to try to stop for 2 weeks. thats my short term goal at least. wish me luck.

17. Collapse Details

Good luck with the 2 week break!

Hey we both live in PA, and I smoke Marlboros too! My opiate of choice (or poison if you will) are poppy pods though.

Quitting for a while can be difficult, but time off is always a good thing. We have to get used to life without the opiates, because frequent use of opiates will always turn out bad! Again, good luck.

18. Collapse Details

good luck on your 2 week break... i've been off opiates for going on 3 weeks, come monday. it's been pretty rough this time around. at least my tolerance should be somewhat lowered when i get my script next week!

19. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by QuasiStoned

Hey we both live in PA, and I smoke Marlboros too! My opiate of choice (or poison if you will) are poppy pods though.

Heh, me too ;p

To the OP, I know for me, and for all the other addicts I know - the 12 steps are the only thing that works. and most have tried pretty much everything else first. When the pain gets great enough...

20. Collapse Details

Yeah today was weird because I had money but didn't spend it on opiates but i wanted to all day. i spent it on weed instead. now i'm like really craving some oxy, but its not that bad. i dunno, i'm just trying for two weeks cus its better for me to set short term goals.

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by QuasiStoned

Quitting for a while can be difficult, but time off is always a good thing. We have to get used to life without the opiates, because frequent use of opiates will always turn out bad! Again, good luck.
    Ditto - except I'm a Newport smoker

Frequent use is definitely bad...I would say that if you're at doing an 80 in an evening, slow down or stop.

Opiate withdrawl is a bitch - oxy withdrawl lasts longer, but is not as intense as the overwhelming sickness from junk.

Opiates are weird, but when you start feeling like shit, wanting to do anything for a fix, looking at pawning shit off, feel like blowing your head off, you know the monkey has you by the balls (per say) and that is not fun.

22. Collapse Details

gd luck on ur 2 week break
    i wudnt rule out the headache as a withdrawal symptom - i never had them wen i came off opiates but i was in detox 4 times, each time with addicts constantly getting headaches
    if u can manage 2 weeks, u might even want to look at trying to extend ur break
    playing with opiates is playing with fire

23. Collapse Details

I get terrible headaches during opiate w/d. Weed is the only thing that helps.

24. Collapse Details

Two week break isn't working out very well. But I just wanted to update this and say that a couple days ago, I snorted an 80 and the next morning I had the exact same headache that I had a couple weeks ago when i started this thread. I definitely think the headaches were associated with the oxy. It's either my sinuses, mild withdrawal or a hangover, maybe. o well. I'm just hoping i dont get a headache tomorrow.

25. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeguardsleeps
    i dont even want to see what worse withdrawals are like. I am quitting opiates for awhile and if I go back to it id know not to use that often.
    Dangerous, dangerous thoughts. I wonder what the statistics are about the number of opiate addicts who were able to go back to using responsibly?

Marlborogirl, it sounds like you are in a place where, if you have withdrawals, they are extremely minor. The smartest thing to do would be to extend that week into an indefinite break. I know it will be hard, but it will be easier now than it will be in the future when you're more addicted. That's what opiates do... they constantly rearrange your thoughts to try to cause you to take them more and more often. And they're really good at this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast