• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Good meth pipe!

quale

Bluelighter
Alright I know issues like this have been convered before but I have yet to see a good reply with an actual named internet source. If requests for parhanelia outlets (even tho at least psuedo-leval) aren't premited just like drug hookups are forbidden please delete.
Lately I have been smoking out of a ghetto styly crack pipe. Wonder what the straight glass rod at the headshop is sued for? I resisted going truly ghetto using weed screens hoping that they are better for me than a peice of steel wool.
I would prefer to avoid the "oil pipes" I guess the are called (non of the headshops around seemed to be carrying them, or at those the items you have to directly ask for...and if you aren't supposed to refer by name how do you ask?). They seem remarkably inefficent for smoking meth given the huge hole right about above the substance you are going to dissolve. I can't imagine you don't lose a significant amount there.
From what little I have read of the crazy DMT pipes they seemed to fit this description. A bowl is of course a necessity but it would be nice if the air intake hole was small and ran down a small peice of tubing before opening into the outside air.
Of course there is the annoying tendency of meth to recrystalize quite rapidly. Eith the pipe would have to be designed to avoid this (unliekly) or at least be able to switch directions in some way to smoke that residue. Do such pipes exist. I have heard Number 9 pipes are recomended but despite searching haven't been able to locate them.
PhreeX if this is inappropriate please delete and I will find out from some other only BBS.

Originally posted by quale:

Lately I have been smoking out of a ghetto styly crack pipe. Wonder what the straight glass rod at the headshop is sued for? I resisted going truly ghetto using weed screens hoping that they are better for me than a peice of steel wool.
I would prefer to avoid the "oil pipes" I guess the are called (non of the headshops around seemed to be carrying them, or at those the items you have to directly ask for...and if you aren't supposed to refer by name how do you ask?). They seem remarkably inefficent for smoking meth given the huge hole right about above the substance you are going to dissolve. I can't imagine you don't lose a significant amount there.

Here is your problem:
Currently you are smoking meth out of a crack pipe, and you seem to have little knowledge of the mechanics of smoking meth...
Those straight glass tubes (Rose Stems) are meant for smoking crack, the steel wool acts as a filter for the rock, the straight open ended tube allows for direct flame to access the crack and gives greater flexibilty in technique. You DO NOT want this unless you smoke crack, or know how to blow glass...
Now, pertaining to meth pipes:
These "oil pipes" of which you speak, are in fact the meth pipes which you seek...
As a rule they are kept behind the counter in headshops, though often there is a display for them. The politically correct term for them is "Glass-Incense Oil Evaporator". This is what you would ask the sales person for in a head shop.
They are actually quite efficent for smoking meth for a number or reasons. The hole in the bubble is the entrance upon which to insert the meth through. Nothing escapes out of this hole when smoking the substance because of the action of your inhaling through the stem, you are sucking the smoke down your lungs, thus it cannot escape from the bubble. There are other more technical reasons as well...
Now meth does tend to recrystalize quite rapidly, but have no worries, the bubble pipe IS in fact designed to switch directions when you smoke from it. See all you have to do, is rotate the pipe as you smoke. This constantly fluctuates the intensity of the heat, and with a bit of practice you'll master the idea. Now, there is the slight annoyance of meth recrystalizing down the actual stem of the pipe, in which case for a few extra dollars you can accquire a pipe with a bent stem, which angles the bubble lower than the stem to contain the meth within the bubble, but with enough practice, you can learn to do it correctly with a simple straight stem bubble pipe...
Hope this helped at all...
Brainrape

That seems about right - there's a good number of professionals making these pipes, don't go and do something stupid like attempting to melt a hole in a beer bottle using a propane torch like I did 8)

you can pretty easily make a meth pipe out of a lightbulb.. you need a screwdriver (or something similar to bash out the back black thing) and a mini torch. takes about 2 minutes.

^^
yes, but for many reasons an oil pipe serves the purpose more efficiently... although, in a pinch if one cannot be obtained (but it looks like this wouldnt be a problem here) a light bulb is the best substitute.
i think brainrape said it all

No I am not completly ignorant of what you want to do when you smoke meth, I am much less aware of the desired ways of smoking crack so this might be the source of the confusion.
How the hell does the steel wool or whatever filter the crack? Or do you mean it keeps you from sucking it up?
Anyway the best method I have discovered so far is to create a similar device, hollow glass tube with screen blocking the tube about 2/3 of the way down. The meth is then added to the long end of the tube with the screen preventing it from accidently falling out. So you get a situation something like this.
O===========M=|====
Where the O is the mouth, M the shards, | the screen to keep it from falling out and = the tube of course. Flame is now applied to the pipe underneath the M (heating the M through the pipe not burning it). If those things with the stem then rounded glass bowl at the end are meth pipes (I always thought those were crack pipes) then it seems to me this is more efficent. Am I missing something?
What I was wondering is if pipes like the following were still availible (I think they were used for DMT but I may be mistaken).
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
O
In this case the O is the bowl and the lines stems. Of course some sort of opening and stoped could be added to the bowl if you can't be bothered to break up your big pieces. Now it seems less would escape don't have to bother with stems.
Grr that last diagram isn't showing up right. Well the stems are supposed to make a V. Though on second thought rotating them 90 degress relative to each other might let you more easily smoke the residue out of one stem from the other.