• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

can i shoot fentanyl?

Peanut21

Bluelighter
i got a duragesic 50mg patch and im wounderin if i can bang it? i did a search and didnt come up with anything?

Did you check in the Other Drugs Directory under Fentanyl? Specifically in the link labeled Injecting Fentanyl?

Why yes......... You squeeze as much gel as you want to use, put it on a spoon, add as much water as you need, take your plunger out and mix up the water anf fentanyl gel really goosd, because if you dont you will just draw up a bunch of water and see the gel on the spoon......... So you plunge it and mix it up, take a lighter, QUICK BOIL, right when it starts to boil a LITTLE you stop.... Now you will see the fent gel in the water mixutre and you will easily be able to suck up the mixture into your needle and bang it...........

i just cutt it open and started to suck the fent out. now i dont have THAT strong of a tolerance ive been banging 40OC here and there and takin those little yellow vics but i use to bang alot of heroin and my guy said someone was cutt heroin with fent (doesnt make much sense to me) but he said he did it then the next thing he knew he heard "WE GOT EM HES AWAKE" scary

oh ya i didnt do it all. i folded it up and stuck it in the fridge. will it still be ok to do

^ It should.

I wouldn't leave it in there for months or anything, but an overnight stay in the fridge should be fine.

Peanut21 said:
i just cutt it open and started to suck the fent out. now i dont have THAT strong of a tolerance ive been banging 40OC here and there and takin those little yellow vics but i use to bang alot of heroin and my guy said someone was cutt heroin with fent (doesnt make much sense to me) but he said he did it then the next thing he knew he heard "WE GOT EM HES AWAKE" scary

Going from shooting 40mg oxycodone to trying to eye out an IV fentanyl dose may not be the wisest thing.

Please be very very careful......

Couldn't one dissolve the entire 50mcg patch in a known amount of water to have X amount of fent. per mL of said water? That way you can dose a specific mcg amount of the fent and not kill yourself :)

Can you shoot fent?yes.Is it a really stupid risky thing to do?yes. Is it worth it? you let us know....

MethaContin said:
Why yes......... You squeeze as much gel as you want to use, put it on a spoon, add as much water as you need, take your plunger out and mix up the water anf fentanyl gel really goosd, because if you dont you will just draw up a bunch of water and see the gel on the spoon......... So you plunge it and mix it up, take a lighter, QUICK BOIL, right when it starts to boil a LITTLE you stop.... Now you will see the fent gel in the water mixutre and you will easily be able to suck up the mixture into your needle and bang it...........
I think you forgot one step..... FILTERING. I'd say its important, wouldn't you? :|
Shooting the gel without filtering is just begging to get a limb amputated, or maybe even dying.
No one should shoot the gel out of a patch, but if they insist on doing it, they should FILTER the damn thing!

I don't have any experience with Fent IV, but I could swear I remember either Negro or PhreeX saying you had to use vinegar to break down the gel in order for the fent to go into solution, otherwise the fent would stay suspended in the gel, which isn't water soluble itself.

Could be wrong, just wanted to ask since I could swear I read about using vinegar for IV fent from patches from a knowledgable member of BL (I remember it standing out because I use vinegar to convert cocaine freebase to cocaine acetate for injection).

~CTdopeLove

Shooting fentanyl wouldn't be a wise decision, in my opinion, as others have stated. I've had MANY people I know both on and the net and off die from IVing bags cut with fent and patches.

And not to sound like a dick, but do you realize that those patches are ACTUALLY 2.5mg, 5.0mg, 7.5 and 10.0mg? They're released in their doses as such and such MICROGRAMS over a 1hr. period for approx. 72 hours.

I wouldn't put anything in my veins that's measured in mics (aside of LSD, of course) and if you do, you're asking for some trouble.

If you absolutely have to, try and have some narcan on hand...or someone there to call the ambulance if you fall out.

johanneschimpo said:
I think you forgot one step..... FILTERING. I'd say its important, wouldn't you? :|
Shooting the gel without filtering is just begging to get a limb amputated, or maybe even dying.
No one should shoot the gel out of a patch, but if they insist on doing it, they should FILTER the damn thing!
Bro i got no filters, so i gotta wing it, as long as I hit my vein, it goes away in a couple days (The mark you put on your arm)

You don't have cotton balls or q-tips?
I don't even want to imagine what that gel would do when its in your vein. 8o

response to the post after mine -Ham: or is it the citrate salt?

Last edited:
hey dude, you still with us? that was a pretty bad idea eyeing out a fent dosage, just trying to make sure you didn't make an irreversable bad choice. let us know if your okay.

Hammilton said:
fentanyl is present in these patches as freebase no?

i've rubbed the gel onto a newport before and smoked it...a stoned out feeling, pinpoint pupils but gone quick.

johanneschimpo said:
^it would be much better (more efficient) if smoked in an oil burner or even on foil

dude - you just jogged my memory and you're absolutely right.

I did hit a 10.0 patch off of foil once and was pretty gone (got a huge hit) and it was much more efficient.

Scratch the cig. idea, stick with foil =D

i used vinega to break down the patch. It was 100mcg/hr 10mg of fent. total. It worked, but i started out with really small amounts just to be on the safe side.