• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Is oxycodone good for you generally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opioid420z

Bluelighter
I've searched and searched every website on the web looking for anything negative as far as long term side effects or side effects goes. I've found nothing that says that oxycodone can damage you in the long term. Is it good for you then? Cause i havn't read anywhere that its bad for you. I havn't even read possible liver damage or anything, its acetaminophen is bad for you so what is oxycodone? What about hydrocodone also? Are opioids a miracle drug? I just can't find anything negative about it other than resperitory depression or addiction. :\

It's not good for you.

But most opioids aren't harmful with long-term use as long as you don't OD. No neurotoxicity or physical damage... I believe methadone may be an exception as it can be harmful to the liver, not sure; and buprenorphine may also have problems, someone on here once linked to an article regarding bupe and hepatitis like problems.

Fuck no man, What in the fuck are you thinking????? Iam prescribed 340mg's of Oxycodone a day for my Chronic pain, Iam allowed to take #8 30mg Roxicodone Tabs, #2 15mg roxicodone tabs, and #4 Squirts of OxyDose under my tounge each day.............. iam also prescribed a LARGE amount of benzos......... I kept dosing my oxy, but 4 times what i am prescribed, i got to the quaivalent of #150 5mg Percocet tabs a day man, Every wise ass motherfucker will tell you it wont happen to you, or think it will never get as bad as that, But iam living proof that this type of shit DOES HAPPEN........

You do NOT want to detox from Oxycodone man, I'd EASILY say its worse than coming off of a hard long Heroin or Methadone habit.................

ClubbinGuido said:
^ Methafuckincontin... How you been?
GUIDO!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!! How you been man? Iam shitty as it gets ....... read my "Opiate Detox, Alcohol and Benzodiazepine ......Sleep deprivation thread in OD"

Fuck man its hard........... Dude your the fucking man, Brough a smile to my face, A hard thing to do these days..........

I have memories about bullshitting about Goodfellas and the kid coming to the door with the fuckin suit and the white Tipped fuckin shoes.......... Fucking great! ""You look like a GANGSTER"!!!

IF your after a forced happiness and contentedness for feeling nothing then there is no harm..just a learning experience

IamAnotherYou said:
IF your after a forced happiness and contentedness for feeling nothing then there is no harm..just a learning experience
You have obviously never came off of a hard long habit........ Nobody who has would even recommend Oxy........

Yeah, not really any bad physical effects that i'm aware of. I don't think using opiates regularly is the best thing for your immune system but I'm not sure.

I would however definately NOT recommend getting into oxy. It's verrry addicting and before you know it, you need it to feel normal and it's not fun anymore...It has proper medical uses but I would advise staying away from it if you have a choice.

I love your naivity OP! Yep, opiates sure are a miracle drug. For people with pain. Period. Anyone who starts to rationalise that opiates are the perfect drug because they aren't hepatotoxic, neurotoxic, and as you said, can only cause respiratory depression, will soon find that you never get something for nothing. All those good feelings will be paid back with bad times, plus interest. No one ever thinks about the withdrawals until their habit is outta control. You know opiates are highly physically and psychologically addictive, right OP? Wouldn't that be a con to add to your list way above the respiratory depression you mentioned?

djsim said:
I love your naivity OP! Yep, opiates sure are a miracle drug. For people with pain. Period. Anyone who starts to rationalise that opiates are the perfect drug because they aren't hepatotoxic, neurotoxic, and as you said, can only cause respiratory depression, will soon find that you never get something for nothing. All those good feelings will be paid back with bad times, plus interest. No one ever thinks about the withdrawals until their habit is outta control. You know opiates are highly physically and psychologically addictive, right OP? Wouldn't that be a con to add to your list way above the respiratory depression you mentioned?
This smart guy took the words outta my mouth, For all of the pleasure you feel you will feel 100X the pain...... Anything that feels that GREAT cannot be good to be on (And I know that from years of experience)

The horrible effects from long-term opiate use includes, but not limited to, tolerance, dependence, and hearing loss. These alone freak me out enough to not take them forever.

MethaContin, I remember u, but barely...hows it been?

I don't think anyone thats had an opiate habit and gotten clean can say their head is as clear as it was before they started abusing opiates.
Forgot the withdrawals and other physical effects, I find the mental/emotional aftereffects (PAWS) to be the worst part of all of it.

can't believe that no one has mentioned chronic constipation yet. i've read some pretty frightening stories.

^^^
When I started to use opiates, I became really constipated. Now, I dont experience it at all.

william1985 said:
The horrible effects from long-term opiate use includes, but not limited to, tolerance, dependence, and hearing loss. These alone freak me out enough to not take them forever.

MethaContin, I remember u, but barely...hows it been?
Okay, But not great.... Read my opiate detox thread in OD :) Memories are all we have........

haha...i have read. I didnt put anything in there, cause thats a hell of a detox. I couldnt even think of how hard that could possibly be.

Status
Not open for further replies.