• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Is oxycodone good for you generally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
william1985 said:
haha...i have read. I didnt put anything in there, cause thats a hell of a detox. I couldnt even think of how hard that could possibly be.
It's a BITCH AND A HALF.......... I cant sleep for shit......... It's 2;16am here......:(

MethaContin said:
Fuck no man, What in the fuck are you thinking????? Iam prescribed 340mg's of Oxycodone a day for my Chronic pain, Iam allowed to take #8 30mg Roxicodone Tabs, #2 15mg roxicodone tabs, and #4 Squirts of OxyDose under my tounge each day.............. iam also prescribed a LARGE amount of benzos......... I kept dosing my oxy, but 4 times what i am prescribed, i got to the quaivalent of #150 5mg Percocet tabs a day man, Every wise ass motherfucker will tell you it wont happen to you, or think it will never get as bad as that, But iam living proof that this type of shit DOES HAPPEN........

You do NOT want to detox from Oxycodone man, I'd EASILY say its worse than coming off of a hard long Heroin or Methadone habit.................

where the fuck are all these doctors at that prescribe these huge caches of oxy?

................._____..........................................
.............../..........\........................................
............. /............\.......................................
............./..............\......................................
._______/.................\.................._________
...............................\................/...................
................................\............../....................
.................................\............/....................
..................................\ _____ /....................

^^That's a drug trip. It's a sine wave. You start at baseline, enjoy the high, then suffer through the low, and eventually end up back at baseline. However, some people enjoy the high, then realize how much the low sucks and they re-dose before returning to baseline. What they "think" is that they've sneaked past the remaining badness of the valley. In reality, there is no fooling your body. It knows what's up. It simply queues up the badness, to hit you with a double dose of it on your next come down.

So are opiates bad for you? No, not if you don't prematurely re-dose. But if you spend 6 months chasing a high, you're going to suffer the wrath of 6 months of queued up valleys and you'll wish you were dead.

Just remember, there is no perfect drug. It's just like the sine wave; you aren't getting free euphoria, you're just taking away a bit of euphoria from your baseline at a later time. Like borrowing happiness from yourself. You'll have to pay the debt eventually.

^ For recreational use, yeah. I have been taking low-moderate doses of opioids for chronic pain for years now and I know that I'm not doing harm to my body. The celebrex I take daily is more dangerous in the long run than the hydrocodone or oxycodone.

Even with what you described, you may be creating psychological issues and setting yourself up for a nasty withdrawal, but its pretty difficult to cause long-term damage with opioid use.

Cane2theLeft said:
^ For recreational use, yeah.

For ANY use. People seem to think that your brain magically turns into something else if you're in pain and you were prescribed narcotics. Sorry, keep dreaming. It's the same brain that experiences the same receptor down-regulation. Hence withdrawls.

I have been taking low-moderate doses of opioids for chronic pain for years now and I know that I'm not doing harm to my body.

Okay. Well as long as you KNOW, then I guess we can throw medical science out the window.

The celebrex I take daily is more dangerous in the long run than the hydrocodone or oxycodone.

Even with what you described, you may be creating psychological issues and setting yourself up for a nasty withdrawal, but its pretty difficult to cause long-term damage with opioid use.

Now I remember why I never post; you people are IDIOTS.

Fail Fighter said:
For ANY use. People seem to think that your brain magically turns into something else if you're in pain and you were prescribed narcotics. Sorry, keep dreaming. It's the same brain that experiences the same receptor down-regulation. Hence withdrawls.

I am not saying my brain is magically different; I am saying that the consequences of 'chasing a high' as you described are completely different than those someone who is taking stable dose for pain will experience. I have been taking opioids for a little over 2 years at a low, stable dose. I can taper off my meds in a couple days and not experience withdrawals. I am not saying there are no problems associated with opioid therapy, but it does not cause serious organ damage like chronically taking many other medications. Constantly taking larger doses and developing the psychological dependence alongside the physical dependence DOES have more consequences than the latter.

Okay. Well as long as you KNOW, then I guess we can throw medical science out the window.

What harm am I doing to my body by a taking a low dose of opioids daily? I am not saying you're wrong, I would just like a little more explanation than calling me an idiot. If you are informed, in the spirit of harm reduction why not educate me so I can also be informed?

Now I remember why I never post; you people are IDIOTS.

I really don't appreciate that. I post on this board to share information and experiences and I don't attack people. I guess I was naive to expect the same courtesy and respect. If I was wrong about something, I can admit that. If you are wrong about something, I can discuss that without ad hominem arguments that add nothing to this board.

Atlien3 said:
where the fuck are all these doctors at that prescribe these huge caches of oxy?
For people with Legitimate MRI reports showing a Growing Cyst in ther pineal Gland (In the brain My case at least).....people in TRUE PAIN not some asshole with a toothache........ believe me it sounds great to have all that oxy.... But the temptation just calls at you all day long if your trying to stay clean.........

Below is a quote from "Pain Research and Management" which is the Official Journal of the Canadian Pain Society. When I referred to the safety of long term opioid use, I meant it in the context used below. I was not claiming that use of opioid medication is completely devoid of side effects and adverse reactions, but it is devoid of serious bodily harm and organ damage.

Opioid medications are generally safe medications when prescribed with careful monitoring. The literature has not reported any evidence of organ damage with the long term therapeutic use of opioids. With appropriate titration and stable dosing, tolerance usually develops to most of the side effects of opioid therapy, including cognitive impairment. Nausea and constipation are the two most common early side effects and can be managed prophylactically
SOURCE

ClubbinGuido said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanneschimpo
I find the mental/emotional aftereffects (PAWS) to be the worst part of all of it.

Agreed.

Agreed again.

THIS SITE IS FUCK"N AWSOME AND ALL YOU PEOPLE ROCK!!! They should just tell the kids in school the truth and mabye they wouldn't do it. But noooooo... they just tell them that "DRUGS ARE BAD," so they go out and do it 10 fold.

Ok, I might me niaive or whatever, but honestly, I"ve been taking 2-3 norco vicodin or 2-3 perc 10's for quite a while now. I just feel that the help me get threw the day so much and really help me sell my business sometimes. It turns me into super salesman and I"m able to level with the customer, stay calm, and focus into there idea's and what they want. It gives me energy in the morning, but more strong that a cup of coffee, more like 5-6 cups of coffee with a super focus of adderall or something. I truely love them... I know your all gona wack me across the head for this one, but I really don't feel I"m seriously addicted. I've gone for a week without any and didn't have much side effect as far as withdrawl, I also smoke and comsume cannabis/marijuana as an alternative to narcotics or alcohol. Its just such a shame that you people have such horror stories from oxy or hydrocodone, I feel its such a wonderful drug that all should use it, but then again, from what you say I"m getting nervous now. Once in a blue I'll sniff a chip of an oxy 80mg and it really does relax me and helps me feel content without being nervous or thinking so much about everything. Go ahead.... please let me have it now.... You guy's are wonderful people... it takes a lot for a person to open up, even over the internet, I wish I could meet some people that are as real as you all!! GOD BLESS

Opioid420z said:
THIS SITE IS FUCK"N AWSOME AND ALL YOU PEOPLE ROCK!!! They should just tell the kids in school the truth and mabye they wouldn't do it. But noooooo... they just tell them that "DRUGS ARE BAD," so they go out and do it 10 fold.

Ok, I might me niaive or whatever, but honestly, I"ve been taking 2-3 norco vicodin or 2-3 perc 10's for quite a while now. I just feel that the help me get threw the day so much and really help me sell my business sometimes. It turns me into super salesman and I"m able to level with the customer, stay calm, and focus into there idea's and what they want. It gives me energy in the morning, but more strong that a cup of coffee, more like 5-6 cups of coffee with a super focus of adderall or something. I truely love them... I know your all gona wack me across the head for this one, but I really don't feel I"m seriously addicted. I've gone for a week without any and didn't have much side effect as far as withdrawl, I also smoke and comsume cannabis/marijuana as an alternative to narcotics or alcohol. Its just such a shame that you people have such horror stories from oxy or hydrocodone, I feel its such a wonderful drug that all should use it, but then again, from what you say I"m getting nervous now. Once in a blue I'll sniff a chip of an oxy 80mg and it really does relax me and helps me feel content without being nervous or thinking so much about everything. Go ahead.... please let me have it now.... You guy's are wonderful people... it takes a lot for a person to open up, even over the internet, I wish I could meet some people that are as real as you all!! GOD BLESS

That's how I started out about 5 years ago...a couple of perc 10's here and there, then it escalated over time. I had a decent job and noticed taking 6 percs and an oc 80 daily for work and then I got dopesick (my first time), didn't know what to do and ended up ODing on 900mg of temazepam and 5,000mg of benadryl.

I got out, got to the methadone clinic, did that stint for a while (which only skyrocketed my tolerance), got off and once I got down to 20mg or so, started using 80's on the daily.

Now I actually prefer junk to pharms...why, I don't know. I think it's the IV action that turns me on.

I'm not saying this happens to everyone, but I don't care if it's oxycodone, hydrocodone, diamorphine, etc, the monkey will catch up and be on your back at one point or another.

Anyhow, keep that shit in check and stay safe.

tokin' said:
Now I actually prefer junk to pharms...why, I don't know. I think it's the IV action that turns me on.

I'm not saying this happens to everyone, but I don't care if it's oxycodone, hydrocodone, diamorphine, etc, the monkey will catch up and be on your back at one point or another.
QUOTE]
So fuckin true.........

physically it doesn't harm any internal organ.

mentally it fucks you up
socially it fucks you up
and financially it fucks you up.

It's not really bad for you. The bad part is the addiction that comes with it. You could eat a few 80's a day for 6 months and as long as you are eating good and exercising (somewhat) NOTHING bad will come from it! The only down side to opiates are addiction and the chance of OD'ing (Mainly from IV use).

I have shot roxicodone daily for about 3 years and i have NO problems to speak (except scarring, mood swings when im out and the occasional constipation).

Opiates are (in my opinion) the greatest thing on this earth, better than sex, women, food, etc. And plus you don't have to worry about all of the long term health problems you can get from other drugs (shit, coke, etc.)

If you think you can handle it without spending every penny you have and set up a routine to not get addicted (special occasions are fine and remember DO NOT LET THE OPIATES TAKE OVER YOUR LIFE BECAUSE THEY WILL! Unless you have good self control (like me) i wouldn't fuck with it all that often.

They say longterm oxycodone abuse causes hearing loss in some people.

And while PAWS is the worst part about it, the constipation can get fucking horrid at times.

I have found that while large oxycodone habits are less of a physical pain to withdrawl from than heroin, the depression will last just as long and in some cause be more severe. Oxycodone has a RIDIC oral abuse liability.

smackem said:
They say longterm oxycodone abuse causes hearing loss in some people.

And while PAWS is the worst part about it, the constipation can get fucking horrid at times.

I have found that while large oxycodone habits are less of a physical pain to withdrawl from than heroin, the depression will last just as long and in some cause be more severe. Oxycodone has a RIDIC oral abuse liability.

What is PAWS and RIDIC!?! Thanks for the info guy's and Methcontin I feel you bro and I wish you a ton of luck in your quest. You seem like a mad chill dude, hope things work out. I've been taking honestly probably 2-3 norco or perc 10's a day for well over a year or 2. I've never really gone up in dosage and really save them for special occastions threwout the day. I really havn't ever taken more than 4 a day ever!! I usualy take one in the morning like middle morning, then I do a few stops, take a lunch, mabye take another one before the afternoon route. That usually does it for me. If I have norco's I'll take 1 1/2 10/325mg if I have percecet I'll take 1 10/325. I don't understand what you guy's mean about tolerance. I still get virgin highs when I take only 1 percecet. I take one and I'm good!! If i take 2 I"m way to fucked up, sometimes i throw up.... I"m a 190 male, I don't get how you guy's can take soooo many freak'n pills.... Taking more really doesn't do much more for me, if anything it makes me sick. The perfect dose for me is 1 perc 10, and a blunt after it kicks in or a bowl. Heaven on earth man..... Heaven on Earth..... :|

Well, I'm on opiates and will be for the rest of my life probably due to Mitochondrial Myopathy related chronic/breakthrough pain

As long as you have some self control, I really don't believe they're terribly harmful.

And even though mine are prescribed for serious shit, I still have some fun with them

Greatly enjoying 3 5mg Percs right now, plus my baseline Morphine :)

Mr Blonde said:
It's not good for you.

But most opioids aren't harmful with long-term use as long as you don't OD. No neurotoxicity or physical damage... I believe methadone may be an exception as it can be harmful to the liver, not sure; and buprenorphine may also have problems, someone on here once linked to an article regarding bupe and hepatitis like problems.

i think this sums it up....

obviously it wont have positive long term effects (minus pain relief I guess). but, i have never read anything about negative long term effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.