• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Is oxycodone good for you generally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Then I guess you haven't read a word of this thread. :\

Addiction is more than "oh no I have to take oxycodone every day." Don't get me wrong - that alone is bad enough, having to take a drug daily or suffering horrible WDs. But thats just the beginning - it comes with too many consequences on your mental/emotional health, relationships, job, finances, etc.

johanneschimpo said:
I don't think anyone thats had an opiate habit and gotten clean can say their head is as clear as it was before they started abusing opiates.
Forgot the withdrawals and other physical effects, I find the mental/emotional aftereffects (PAWS) to be the worst part of all of it.

Aye aye. :p

it doesn't take long to have that permanent sense of hollowness after being "addicted", I was only IV'ing and using opiates for 6 months. I have been clean for 4 months and I still ALWAYS feel like I can never reach that perfect sense of well being or comfort without an opiate. Wish I never took that first pill....8)

Anybody posting that opiates don't cause any long term damage just want to believe they dont because they enjoy taking them. So they will believe anythin that say they aren't that bad is true.

Besides hearing loss and constipation its hard as hell to get horny after you've been on them for a long time. Besides all that the depression is horrible when you dont have them. the withdrawals make you wish you were dead. once you become physically dependent on them you are never getting off unless your strong enough to go through the hell of withdrawal which is more painful then you can ever imagine OP. Eventually they wont get you high anymore and you will need them to feel normal. Their will be no way in hell you can even get out of bed without one eventually.

I too as some of the others am prescribed large amounts of opiates for chronic pain. My friends are often envious of all the medication I get prescribed because they are still like OP. They think its the greatest drug ever. they dont understand that I need it. not only for my chronic pain but also because I have become physically dependent. I'm not addicted. If it wasn't for the physical dependence I would never take another pill again. But I cant even get dressed untill i've taken my morning dose. By the way OP becoming physically dependent develops over night and starts when you dont expect it.. (everyone thinks it'll never happen to them) I would think good and hard before you take them to many days in a row or in a year from now you will be on this board telling a naieve new bluelighter the same things we are telling you. withdralws are not just some sickness like a cold or a flu either it is pure hell and you better not have a gun around if you ever go through it or you will probablly kill yourself rather then go through another day of it. You will pay every last cent you have just to feel better thats how bad it is. If you ever get to that point when your in withdrawl and someone wont give you one little pill you will pay them a thousand dollars if you have it for one if you have too. A thousand dollars for something that cost someone else a dollar. Thats how bad full blown withdrawal is so stay the hell off of opiates OP as much as you can. You have no idea what you are getting yourself into.

#4 Squirts of OxyDose HOOK IT UP! haha justt kidding!

I feel for you guys going through HUGE withdrawls i cant even imagine! Im having slight withdrawls after consuming only 60mg since sunday!

In the end dont start using oxycontin if you dont have to! Dont even "try it once" Its tottaly not worth it, if its not truly needed of course!

THIS SITE IS FUCK"N AWSOME AND ALL YOU PEOPLE ROCK!!! They should just tell the kids in school the truth and mabye they wouldn't do it. But noooooo... they just tell them that "DRUGS ARE BAD," so they go out and do it 10 fold.

Ok, I might me niaive or whatever, but honestly, I"ve been taking 2-3 norco vicodin or 2-3 perc 10's for quite a while now. I just feel that the help me get threw the day so much and really help me sell my business sometimes. It turns me into super salesman and I"m able to level with the customer, stay calm, and focus into there idea's and what they want. It gives me energy in the morning, but more strong that a cup of coffee, more like 5-6 cups of coffee with a super focus of adderall or something. I truely love them... I know your all gona wack me across the head for this one, but I really don't feel I"m seriously addicted. I've gone for a week without any and didn't have much side effect as far as withdrawl, I also smoke and comsume cannabis/marijuana as an alternative to narcotics or alcohol. Its just such a shame that you people have such horror stories from oxy or hydrocodone, I feel its such a wonderful drug that all should use it, but then again, from what you say I"m getting nervous now. Once in a blue I'll sniff a chip of an oxy 80mg and it really does relax me and helps me feel content without being nervous or thinking so much about everything. Go ahead.... please let me have it now.... You guy's are wonderful people... it takes a lot for a person to open up, even over the internet, I wish I could meet some people that are as real as you all!! GOD BLESS

Idk why but I lol'd at this post.

I think you would fall under the chipper or casual user than what most people here, addicts, fall under. You would start gettin the same problems if you became a daily user and your life consisted of scoring your drug of choice, etc.

An oxy a day keeps the pain away....

...Then two....

....then three.....

....then...... heroin???

Woowww.. you bumped this 1.5 year old thread for 'good read'?

Sweet, dude.

Thats the problem with opiates, they give you that boost of self confidence, euphoria and all the other good things. People then think this is a miracle drug because it doesn't really cause long term damage as stated and can become Dependant on them much too quickly. There isn't really a come down either how ever withdrawals can be hell, but this is the exact problem with opiates. They are taken without really knowing what happens later down the road with them. OP they may seem like they are awesome now, and helping you at work which i bet they are. But if you become dependent on them its GG.

If you need opiates to treat a desease, to soften the symptoms that make you crave drugs, then yes, opiates are good for you. Propaganda leads us to believe that they are bad for us, but no, they are healthy for addicts. Addicts should be given opiates to treat their addiction.

I'm going to close this since it's old and answered, not to mention subjective to what "good for you" means...

Status
Not open for further replies.