Bluelight

Thread: Is oxycodone good for you generally?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Is oxycodone good for you generally? 
    Question
    I've searched and searched every website on the web looking for anything negative as far as long term side effects or side effects goes. I've found nothing that says that oxycodone can damage you in the long term. Is it good for you then? Cause i havn't read anywhere that its bad for you. I havn't even read possible liver damage or anything, its acetaminophen is bad for you so what is oxycodone? What about hydrocodone also? Are opioids a miracle drug? I just can't find anything negative about it other than resperitory depression or addiction.

2. Collapse Details

It's not good for you.

But most opioids aren't harmful with long-term use as long as you don't OD. No neurotoxicity or physical damage... I believe methadone may be an exception as it can be harmful to the liver, not sure; and buprenorphine may also have problems, someone on here once linked to an article regarding bupe and hepatitis like problems.

3. Collapse Details

It's more harmful than oranges but less harmful than apples

4. Collapse Details

id recommend at least two servings a day

5. Collapse Details

Fuck no man, What in the fuck are you thinking????? Iam prescribed 340mg's of Oxycodone a day for my Chronic pain, Iam allowed to take #8 30mg Roxicodone Tabs, #2 15mg roxicodone tabs, and #4 Squirts of OxyDose under my tounge each day.............. iam also prescribed a LARGE amount of benzos......... I kept dosing my oxy, but 4 times what i am prescribed, i got to the quaivalent of #150 5mg Percocet tabs a day man, Every wise ass motherfucker will tell you it wont happen to you, or think it will never get as bad as that, But iam living proof that this type of shit DOES HAPPEN........

You do NOT want to detox from Oxycodone man, I'd EASILY say its worse than coming off of a hard long Heroin or Methadone habit.................

6. Collapse Details

^ Methafuckincontin... How you been?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ClubbinGuido
    ^ Methafuckincontin... How you been?
    GUIDO!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!! How you been man? Iam shitty as it gets ....... read my "Opiate Detox, Alcohol and Benzodiazepine ......Sleep deprivation thread in OD"

Fuck man its hard........... Dude your the fucking man, Brough a smile to my face, A hard thing to do these days..........

8. Collapse Details

I have memories about bullshitting about Goodfellas and the kid coming to the door with the fuckin suit and the white Tipped fuckin shoes.......... Fucking great! ""You look like a GANGSTER"!!!

9. Collapse Details

IF your after a forced happiness and contentedness for feeling nothing then there is no harm..just a learning experience

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by IamAnotherYou
    IF your after a forced happiness and contentedness for feeling nothing then there is no harm..just a learning experience
    You have obviously never came off of a hard long habit........ Nobody who has would even recommend Oxy........

11. Collapse Details

Yeah, not really any bad physical effects that i'm aware of. I don't think using opiates regularly is the best thing for your immune system but I'm not sure.

I would however definately NOT recommend getting into oxy. It's verrry addicting and before you know it, you need it to feel normal and it's not fun anymore...It has proper medical uses but I would advise staying away from it if you have a choice.

12. Collapse Details

I love your naivity OP! Yep, opiates sure are a miracle drug. For people with pain. Period. Anyone who starts to rationalise that opiates are the perfect drug because they aren't hepatotoxic, neurotoxic, and as you said, can only cause respiratory depression, will soon find that you never get something for nothing. All those good feelings will be paid back with bad times, plus interest. No one ever thinks about the withdrawals until their habit is outta control. You know opiates are highly physically and psychologically addictive, right OP? Wouldn't that be a con to add to your list way above the respiratory depression you mentioned?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by djsim
    I love your naivity OP! Yep, opiates sure are a miracle drug. For people with pain. Period. Anyone who starts to rationalise that opiates are the perfect drug because they aren't hepatotoxic, neurotoxic, and as you said, can only cause respiratory depression, will soon find that you never get something for nothing. All those good feelings will be paid back with bad times, plus interest. No one ever thinks about the withdrawals until their habit is outta control. You know opiates are highly physically and psychologically addictive, right OP? Wouldn't that be a con to add to your list way above the respiratory depression you mentioned?
    This smart guy took the words outta my mouth, For all of the pleasure you feel you will feel 100X the pain...... Anything that feels that GREAT cannot be good to be on (And I know that from years of experience)

14. Collapse Details

The horrible effects from long-term opiate use includes, but not limited to, tolerance, dependence, and hearing loss. These alone freak me out enough to not take them forever.

MethaContin, I remember u, but barely...hows it been?

15. Collapse Details

and lets not forget male pattern baldness and premature ejaculation

16. Collapse Details

I don't think anyone thats had an opiate habit and gotten clean can say their head is as clear as it was before they started abusing opiates.
    Forgot the withdrawals and other physical effects, I find the mental/emotional aftereffects (PAWS) to be the worst part of all of it.

17. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    can't believe that no one has mentioned chronic constipation yet. i've read some pretty frightening stories.

18. Collapse Details

^^^
    When I started to use opiates, I became really constipated. Now, I dont experience it at all.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by william1985
    The horrible effects from long-term opiate use includes, but not limited to, tolerance, dependence, and hearing loss. These alone freak me out enough to not take them forever.

MethaContin, I remember u, but barely...hows it been?
    Okay, But not great.... Read my opiate detox thread in OD Memories are all we have........

20. Collapse Details

haha...i have read. I didnt put anything in there, cause thats a hell of a detox. I couldnt even think of how hard that could possibly be.

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by william1985
    haha...i have read. I didnt put anything in there, cause thats a hell of a detox. I couldnt even think of how hard that could possibly be.
    It's a BITCH AND A HALF.......... I cant sleep for shit......... It's 2;16am here......

22. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MethaContin
    Fuck no man, What in the fuck are you thinking????? Iam prescribed 340mg's of Oxycodone a day for my Chronic pain, Iam allowed to take #8 30mg Roxicodone Tabs, #2 15mg roxicodone tabs, and #4 Squirts of OxyDose under my tounge each day.............. iam also prescribed a LARGE amount of benzos......... I kept dosing my oxy, but 4 times what i am prescribed, i got to the quaivalent of #150 5mg Percocet tabs a day man, Every wise ass motherfucker will tell you it wont happen to you, or think it will never get as bad as that, But iam living proof that this type of shit DOES HAPPEN........

You do NOT want to detox from Oxycodone man, I'd EASILY say its worse than coming off of a hard long Heroin or Methadone habit.................
    where the fuck are all these doctors at that prescribe these huge caches of oxy?

23. Collapse Details

................._____............................ ..............
    .............../..........\....................................... .
    ............. /............\..................................... ..
    ............./..............\................................... ...
    ._______/.................\.................._________
    ...............................\................/...................
    ................................\............../....................
    .................................\............/....................
    ..................................\ _____ /....................

^^That's a drug trip. It's a sine wave. You start at baseline, enjoy the high, then suffer through the low, and eventually end up back at baseline. However, some people enjoy the high, then realize how much the low sucks and they re-dose before returning to baseline. What they "think" is that they've sneaked past the remaining badness of the valley. In reality, there is no fooling your body. It knows what's up. It simply queues up the badness, to hit you with a double dose of it on your next come down.

So are opiates bad for you? No, not if you don't prematurely re-dose. But if you spend 6 months chasing a high, you're going to suffer the wrath of 6 months of queued up valleys and you'll wish you were dead.

Just remember, there is no perfect drug. It's just like the sine wave; you aren't getting free euphoria, you're just taking away a bit of euphoria from your baseline at a later time. Like borrowing happiness from yourself. You'll have to pay the debt eventually.

24. Collapse Details

^ For recreational use, yeah. I have been taking low-moderate doses of opioids for chronic pain for years now and I know that I'm not doing harm to my body. The celebrex I take daily is more dangerous in the long run than the hydrocodone or oxycodone.

Even with what you described, you may be creating psychological issues and setting yourself up for a nasty withdrawal, but its pretty difficult to cause long-term damage with opioid use.

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cane2theLeft
    ^ For recreational use, yeah.
    For ANY use. People seem to think that your brain magically turns into something else if you're in pain and you were prescribed narcotics. Sorry, keep dreaming. It's the same brain that experiences the same receptor down-regulation. Hence withdrawls.

I have been taking low-moderate doses of opioids for chronic pain for years now and I know that I'm not doing harm to my body.

Okay. Well as long as you KNOW, then I guess we can throw medical science out the window.

The celebrex I take daily is more dangerous in the long run than the hydrocodone or oxycodone.

Even with what you described, you may be creating psychological issues and setting yourself up for a nasty withdrawal, but its pretty difficult to cause long-term damage with opioid use.

Now I remember why I never post; you people are IDIOTS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast