• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

cocaine and tooth pain

mindopening@51

Bluelighter
I've been doing some coke lately numbs the hell out of my two front teeth, but an hour later, they hurt like hell for at least two hours and the nose burn is just as bad. Anyone had a similar experience or think they know what the cut might be? Am starting to worry that I might be damaging the nerves in my teeth.

have you ever noticed that while your teeth are numb for that amount of time that you're also grinding them against your other teeth? this could very well be causing your tooth pain.
from what i remember from reading also, cocaine will rot your teeth from the inside out (as well as crack of course!)
every time i think of that i think of a strung out, scrawny, moppy haired, toothless crack head. ick.

cocaine will rot your teeth from the inside out
Got a source for that comment?
Nose burn after doing coke is normal; teeth pain is less typical. But I do think it's very likely you are grinding/clenching but not noticing it because of the numbing.

I know that herion/methadone abuse can result in the loss of teeth.

Am not grinding my two front teeth.
Can Coke affect the nerves in the teeth or could the pain be sinus related?

Speaking of teeth don't forget crank.
My boss at work lost all her teeth because of it, of course she had been using for 20 years or so.

I thought toothless crackheads became toothless just because they stopped worrying about dental hygiene, and started worrying about crack.

Try Sensodyne toothpaste. As someone that suffers from sensitive teeth, it really helps. Maybe it could help you too?

Originally posted by HomeWrecker:
I thought toothless crackheads became toothless just because they stopped worrying about dental hygiene, and started worrying about crack.
what do you have no knowledge about crack?? most of the time when people lose there teeth its because they smoke a lot of foilies. not cuz they dont worry about dental hygiene.

The few times I have done c my two front teetch also get numb as hell. But just a little pain afterwards and it is because of fucking with them while their numb ;)

If I'm not mistaken, coke is a natural anesthetic, which accounts for the numbness.

from my experience, the better the coke, the less it burns and when your teeth are done being numb they feel just fine, maybe a little weird almost like it's a solid mass in your mouth that as never there before.

Methadone may cause tooth decay, but it's not an action of the opiate itself. It's a side effect of it being delivered in a syrup that is 50% sugar. I've never seen any credible evidence that any opiate causes damage to the teeth. However, a certain segment of opiate users has some poor dental hygene habits. Moral of the story - brush and floss.
I've seen some evidence that cocaine can cause damage to the gums and sinuses with prolonged use intranasally and placing it directly on the gums. I don't think you would get similar results if you weren't insuffalating it.
Methamphetamine has been shown to do damage to the teeth in a lot of users. Generally amoung users who smoke, or snort it. But also because of teeth grinding.

WTF?! All of these people claiming that [drug] will destroy your teeth ... guess what, THEY WONT, NONE OF THEM! It's poor oral hygene that will rot yer teeth, and practices such as SMOKING METHAMPHETAMINE and then not brushing your teeth right away that will cause dental problems...
And of course with when you dehydrate yourself (as many do on many drugs) you can have such problems...
So, when on a bender, dont forget to BRUSH TWICE A DAY AS NORMAL! When smoking harsh chemicals such as meth, dont forgetto BRUSH AFTER SMOKING SAID CHEMICALS ... hell, carry around a bottle of strong mouth wash and use that if you cant afford to brush...
It's not the drug but the lifestyle... will crack cause you to lose your job? No, but crack *addiction* very well might...