• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Bad Breath of a Partner

It's all in the delivery. By being up front and honest you are keeping up your end of the bargain. If you were offending her someway somehow you'd wanna know too before it festers into a bigger deal than it actually is.
My advice, and again, I'm no Dr.Phil but take your balls outta your purse and tell her whats trump-she'll catch your play!
CHemVIbe

I think everyone here forgot to mention floss. That is just as important as a tongue scraper. She could have rotting food in the teeth from never flossing... gross.

This thread is definitely the best attempt at getting BL'ers to reach for the mints. I triple-dropped some extra-strong-mints on the back of the general opinion - BL has officially been infiltrated by the marketing industry.

On a serious note : I'm with you Redleader - making out is (IMHO) the best opportunity for both partners to share a similar pleasure plateau through kissing and groping (I thought about finding a better word but FUCK - ITS GROPING OK?).

Hmmm....how about you 'spontaneously develop' a dislike of her favorite foods and their subsequent smell/taste via her mouth? It's a bit juvenile but if there was ONE thing she ate on a daily basis (assuming you hadn't openly revealed you liked it too!) that you could use to bring up a '...oh damn you ate licorice again right' (etc) type convo, that'd only be solved through You know I'm a big tongue-on-tongue activist but if you're going to eat licorice, you gotta brush this taste away cos I HATE it'.

Yeah - juvenile. Still, adjust the approach to whatever might fit perhaps.

BTW - seems to me that a lot of people I talk to will lay claim to be master 'head-givers', 'sensual touch sensationalists', 'deep-throat devotees', 'g-spot geniuses' etc... if 'making out' is your special ability then what is your unique selling point?!?

i dated a guy with some rotten teeth and at first i couldn't stand his breath...very very disgusting.
then i got used to it, and his disgusting breath kind of became endearing, and 'his' smell.
but then again i tend to love disgusting smells, such as pig farms and body odour.

i wouldn't be able to get past this issue; it would be a deal breaker. but there's no way i'd be going to bed with someone that doesn't brush in the first place. it would be difficult to outright tell someone "Your breath smells bad," especially if you don't know them well. but as far as going to sleep with them, i would have no problem saying "How can you settle in for bed without brushing? That's just so wrong, and it needs to change." I always have at least a few unopened toothbrushes at my house, so it would never be an issue.

he didn't say she doesn't own one; he said she doesn't bring it over to his place. (and that he's been around her after she *does* brush, which implies that she does, in fact, own a toothbrush)

Does she still have her tonsils?

If she has chronic bad breath and still has her tonsils, ask her if she's prone to tonsillitis. Bacteria and food can get lodged in the tonsil crypts, forming little smelly chunks called tonsilloliths. This creates a foreign body sensation and feels wack, on top of smelling bad. Here's a pic of one lodged in a tonsil crypt. It's the little white dot.

300px-Tonsilar_Crypt_Tonsillolith.jpg

She knows she has bad breath, and she'd probably do anything she can to get rid of it. Brushing teeth does not get rid of it because it's not coming from the teeth. Explore this avenue because you could both benefit. I got my tonsils out and it was a godsend. Totally worth it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsillolith

:)

There might be an underlying health issue, halitosis can be caused by medical issues. That said, you should buy her a tooth brush and with a friendly smile mention that you noticed she never brings one when she stays and that you think oral hygiene is of the utmost importance as no one wants to lose their teeth when they are older (not to mention plaque can cause heart problems down the line). Maybe she'll start to use it more if she sees you brushing often. If her breath doesn't improve after that, I think you should suggest that she see a doctor.

vibr8tor said:
he didn't say she doesn't own one; he said she doesn't bring it over to his place. (and that he's been around her after she *does* brush, which implies that she does, in fact, own a toothbrush)

making sure I had caught that right.

Everyone keeps saying "bad hygenie" and there are actually medical reasons (tonsilis as just mentioned, and someone had even mentioned the digestive system being a culpriate which is also true) so for people to pass this off competly on brushing her teeth if she does is just unfair of our poster.

But on topic, I think maybe you should just out and say it. She could be totally unaware of how it smells and if she brushes her teeth like OP says, then she should want to seek a doctor.