• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Removing Naloxone from Suboxone. Is it really this easy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenses

Bluelighter
I was researching a way to remove Naloxone from Suboxone just so the bupe would be in there, and I think I MAY have a method, gimme your thoughts.

The melting point of Naloxone is 351 - 356F....

The Melting point of Bupe is 519 F .

So in theory, heating a solution of Suboxone to over 356 F but under 519 F would destroy the Naloxone, but keep the Bupe.

Would this work? I'm hoping it would . All it would require is an accurate thermometer and a heat source (hot plate?).

Tell me what you think. If I can get my hands on some suboxone I would experiment, but if you have any on hand, experiment and see what happens...

-lenses
=D

Why don't you try it? pop a pill into a conventional oven preheated to 400-500 degrees for a few minutes, then eat it.

lenses said:
I was researching a way to remove Naloxone from Suboxone just so the bupe would be in there, and I think I MAY have a method, gimme your thoughts.

The melting point of Naloxone is 351 - 356F....

The Melting point of Bupe is 519 F .

So in theory, heating a solution of Suboxone to over 356 F but under 519 F would destroy the Naloxone, but keep the Bupe.

Would this work? I'm hoping it would . All it would require is an accurate thermometer and a heat source (hot plate?).

=D

you are wasting your time, look up the theory of mixed melting points, a mixture of two substances melts at a lower temperature than either of the pure products.

Also, we're talking about melting points here, not decomposition temperatures.

You'd still have to figure out a way to separate the tiny amounts of bupe and naloxone from each other once the naloxone has melted.

Good luck.

And buprenorphine might br soluble in liquid naloxone. You're looking at chromatograpy or fractional recrystallization to serparate those

Whats the point? Henestly I don't think naloxone makes much diffrence unless you inject your sub's, which is a bad idea all around.

^ I see no point. I've never understood the obsession. If it matters so much to anybody, they should just get subutex instead of suboxone.

melting points ... lol damn i thought i was a crazy junkie... and i do like the opiates

I was told sublingual use would by pass the nalox .. is that true

NO! Rather the contrary: By applying the stuff sublingually, one would avoid the liver enzymes which metabolize (and thus deactivate) the naloxone. This will lead to an increased effect of the naloxone.

Whoever told you this was wrong IMO.

Source:http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/441915_3

"Naloxone is administered parenterally. Although it is relatively well absorbed after oral administration, it undergoes extensive first-pass metabolism, making this route of delivery ineffective. After intravenous (IV) administration, naloxone is rapidly distributed throughout the body. It is highly lipophilic and readily crosses into the brain. Onset of action after IV dosing is within 2 minutes, and is only slightly longer with intramuscular (IM), subcutaneous, or endotracheal administration. Duration of action is dependent on route and dose. IV dosing typically provides a duration of action of 20 to 60 minutes. IM use produces a longer effect than IV administration, but absorption from this route is erratic. Naloxone is hepatically metabolized, primarily through conjugation to naloxone-3-glucuronide. The elimination half-life in adults is approximately 60 minutes."

As we know , IV use bypasses First pass metabolism, but doesn't sublingual as well? I know suboxone is meant for sublingual administration, and some of the dose gets taken orally too.

What's interesting is that naloxone is lipophilic! Bupe is soluble in water, but even better, soluble in alcohol to 42 mg/ml!

As fat and alcohol (and water) don't mix, couldnt you prepare a solution of suboxone in alcohol (isopropyl?) , add an oil, suck off the alcohol layer, and be left with a pure solution of bupe in alcohol, which could then be left to evap and have pure bupe (with some inactives left over of course?) ?

Tell me what flaws you see in this idea...

Last edited:
i know the ADD forum isn't for me, but would it just be easier to find some subutex or to get a script for them? LOL.... sorry i'll leave now..

and if you're planning to IV it.. you should re-think things if i were you... and also ppl shoot suboxone all the time and love it apparently, but it's absolutely terrible for you and can cause gangrene and other horrible shit so dont be IV'ing pills, subutex or suboxone... maybe a dilaudid, but thats a different story lol.

As far as shooting Suboxone goes, I was afraid to try it at first because of all the hype about it making you go into withdrawals and since it made me go into wd when switching from methadone. But since I had one pill left and I had to make it last I did little pieces of it at a time so I could still work. It made me sleep for a while but when I woke up I felt like going to work. Now, I'm on Suboxone with a different doctor. I read recently that you could separate the naloxone from suboxone with alcohol. So I bought some 91% isopropyl and used a half cc to disolve 4mg or half a crushed Suboxone. I drawed up the alcohol through a filter and then let it completely evaporate. I then mixed the residue with about a half cc of boiling water. I shot it and it was a completely different feeling than either taking the suboxone orally or injecting it. It was a lot better and it felt more similar to a regular opiate like an oc. They say the naloxone doesn't get in your system. What a bunch of bull! The strange, kinda sick feeling I always got from taking Suboxone was the naloxone all along. Its there to keep you from getting a real high in addition to satisfying the congressmen that approved it. Only bad thing is I'm supposed to be decreasing my tolerance not increasing. Shooting it feels like 10X or more stronger than sublingual. So, I suppose if you're on Suboxone and you want to get rid of the naloxone and still take it under your tongue, you could absorb the alcohol/bupe mix into a vitamin c or something similar, let it dry, and then put that under your tongue. I know its not 100% but it gets rid of enough of the naloxone that you can tell a big difference.

^ Welcome to BL. Check the dates of old posts before replying OK? :)
Also, whats the goddam point of shooting suboxone? IVing suboxone (or subutex) is completely destroying chances at recoevring cos you are still dependent on opiates and you still havent learned to deal with the cues that trigger you to IV for a rush. Nothing has changed. Did you ever think the naloxone was put in there for a reason? I deal with 200+ methadone/bupe patients every week at my work, and its always the ones who think they know better, who end up fucking up over and over. Staying clean means taking tablets as directed. I've had patients who I've caught spitting out their bupe into their hand so they can shoot it when they get home. (in Australia you have to take daily sublingual dose in front of me or other chemist until dissolved).

I know its not 100% but it gets rid of enough of the naloxone that you can tell a big difference.

So yeh, you've still got an opiate habit, and you still shoot opiates for the high. In fact anyone doing extractions on bupe aint maintaining IMO. So why bother with bupe? Save it for people who need it IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.