• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How can you get Xanax prescribed?

abcd

Bluelighter
I wanted to know how you can Xanax prescribed, by the bottle. Not just a couple from saying I have a fear of flying because I'm on probation so they'd know that I'm not flying anywhere. If I go see a psychologist and tell them I'm depressed, then can they prescribe it?
thanks

I don't think a psychologist can prescribe anything. you would have to be recommended to a psychiatrist first. when you do get sent to a psychiatrist don't tell him that you are on probation or, instead, don't tell him that you can't leave the state. probation does not necessarily eqaul no interstate travel.

^^He's right about everthing. A psychologist cant perscribe anything. When you see a psychiatrist dont mention anything about probation. AND if you try to play it off like you are depressed your gonna get an SSRI. Anxiety not depression.
[ 30 July 2002: Message edited by: Snitch ]

Find someone who has a script and is willing to sell...if not there are still other ways...

sign up for a webstite that sells pills online...ive got klonopin xanax ambien oxycontin off the computer b4 it just cost a good bit to sign up but the pill prices are great.

Ok, well what's the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist? So, I'm guessing that Xanax is prescribed for Anxiety not depression. So, I just have to tell him that I'm always nervous about everything? Can I tell him stuff like, whenever I talk to anybody I get nervous crazy like, etc.. etc.. Whenever I'm infront of people I get really nervous. What else could I say? Should I tell him that I was being treated for this before and the doctor had prescribed me Xanax (does it say Xanax on the bottle? or alprazolam?) and that the Xanax helped me a lot until I stopped getting treated for it because I thought the problem had been fixed? I guess buying them online would be the best thing, but do they give you a prescription or anything? I'm going to have to show my PO the prescription. Unless everybody thinks showing a PO a prescription to Xanax would make her think I'm pulling a scam to get Xanax.
So my last questions:
Can I get as many ideas as possible as to what to say to the psychiatrist?
Should I show my PO the script, so I don't get in trouble on piss tests. Or you think she knows people do these things?
I think I might be able to pull this off because in real life I really do have problems with being too nervous all the time. Lotsa times people say stuff to me, like I look scared or what's wrong things like that.

a psychiatrist has a medical degree, a psycholgist usually has a master's. a psychologist will usually refer you to a psychiatrist if he/she feels likes you are in need of medical attention.
tell the psychaitrist that you are nervous about flying. there was a great thread about this only a week or two ago with descriptions about what you might say. use the search function. i don't think that benzos (like xanax) are generally tested for in a piss test, but if you have a legitimate prescription there shouldn't be much of a reason that you have to hide it from anyone. millions of soccer moms have put their boring-ass lives back on track with proper benzo and boxed wine therapy. good luck.

Well, If I say I'm worried about flying, they're only going to give me a couple. I'd like to have a prescription and just get a bottle. I'm pretty sure they test people for xanax.

Also do you think it would be better if I just went to a doctor instead of a psychiatrist? A psychiatrist would probably try to get much deeper into this than a doctor, and a doctor's probably hella cheaper. what do you think?

Are you sure they don't check for benzos like Xanax on a test for probation? I'm suprsied considering it's a scheduled control substance. Xanax is known for being highly addictive and everything. You are sure that probation tests don't test for xanax?
later

My good friend told her doctor that she has panic attacks while she drives and they prescribed her xanax.

if are being legitametly prescribed a drug for a dissorder, then you don't exactly have to worry about it showing up in your piss tests. its legal to be taking controlled substances if they are prescribed
and yes, xanax is for anxiety. look up the definition of a panic attack (ie. heart racing, trouble breathing, highly ancious, ect..), then recite the symptoms back to a doc. don't actually use the words 'panic attack'. let the doctor draw his own conclusions, to make him feel like he is doing his job...
[ 31 July 2002: Message edited by: day_for_night ]

You won't get xanax for depression.
You tell them about your anxiety. In detail.
I now get 60 a month (along with some other stuff), without going crazy, about how I was feeling. I was honest and told him I worry about everything, my kids, driving in the car, that I was going to walk into work and be told I was fired....
Just general fear of everything. My doctor wanted to put me on lithium but I said NO WAY, and so I got the xanax...
By the way, this was my general doc, not a shrink. I also told him that I was looking for a referal for a shrink and when he asked why I told him everything and he took over from there.

i was prescribed xanax .5 mg by goig to my regular doctor and explaining that i have been getting anxiety attacks. like stupid little things that happen on a day to day basis sometimes just gets me all worked up and i get really frustrated. he then gave me some trial packs of paxil (control release) 12.5mg and the xanax prescrip. for 60 .5mg + 1 refill and i'm sure if i wanted more he'd be happy to help.
however, i found they didn't help my situation medically and don't find them very recreational.

just wanted to continue banquo's answer about the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist. a psychologist has a Ph.D. while a psychiatrist has an M.D. this is what allows psychiatrists to prescribe drugs... instead of going to the ear doc, you're going to a psyche doc... as for xanax, never had it, but one of my buddies sure likes it!

If you only want a few, here are some of my tried and true methods...
1) BUY THEM ON THE STREET! Even if you have awesome insurance that co-pay and the cost of the script along with the time will cost more then if you just went to yer friend Seth and bought them...
But if you insist...
2) Flying - this REALLY WORKS! 9-11 really works for us dope heads.... say you actually had to cancel one flight because you were so scared...
3) (If your female) - A miscarriage - say you and yer boyfriend were being irresponsible teenagers and you got knocked uop, but you wante the kid... well, say he kicked you in the stomache or some shit and you lost the baby.. you cant sleep or even focus on yer work because of the stress...
4) (If you're older) - A divorce or other stressfull type deal....
5) Lost yer job - this worked for me once..
BR CREATIVE DAMNIT! It's not hard if yer just trying to grt a few

how bout for back problems (which i currently have now) can they be perscribed as a muscle relaxant. my current job really tends to aggravate my back muscles. you think i have a shot?

So is Zanax a better alternative to valium? I've been getting valium off and on for awhile....

"Are you sure they don't check for benzos like Xanax on a test for probation"
You'll be screened for benzos if your on probation or parole.