• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me just add a few things to this last post as I was in a rush to get out.

I have noticed a gradual decline in the duration of my codeine highs; however the length mentioned in my previous post is just ridiculous. They used to be quite strong for around 4 hours. The past month or so it's gone down to around 2 hours, then tapering off over another hour or so. I'm assuming, for some reason or another, my CYP3A4 is becoming more active?
On the good ol' CYP450 Inducers, Inhibitors and Substrates Chart, what is the easiest to obtain (read: around the house/supermarket/non-presciption/doesn't incite scrutiny from the pharmacist) and best inhibitor for 3A4 when taking codeine? I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that Grapefruit Juice has a negative effect on the conversion of codeine to morphine, even though it's not on the list of CYP2D6 inhibitors. Any thoughts?

Cheers.

you might not be suffering from a depletion, you may just be suffering from tolerance. I noticed as my tolerance to drugs increases I get not only less effect but shorter duration. At this point when I take Oxy i only am high for about 1 hour. which is such a bummer.

you might not be suffering from a depletion, you may just be suffering from tolerance. I noticed as my tolerance to drugs increases I get not only less effect but shorter duration. At this point when I take Oxy i only am high for about 1 hour. which is such a bummer.

Wow man that sucks. Tolerance is a bitch. Has anyone had any luck reducing tolerance with a T break?

So does this mean that codeine is pretty much dead for me now until my tolerance goes back down? :(

Last edited:
I have a CWE question. I've done it before but my question isn't really how to perform it but this...I have percocets that I want to do a CWE on. I normally take 20 mg. Would I do just 4 pills then (5mg each) or should I throw an extra in? I'm not sure if any of it is lost in the CWE. And I want to make sure I at least get 20 mg, if not 30 ;)

I have a CWE question. I've done it before but my question isn't really how to perform it but this...I have percocets that I want to do a CWE on. I normally take 20 mg. Would I do just 4 pills then (5mg each) or should I throw an extra in? I'm not sure if any of it is lost in the CWE. And I want to make sure I at least get 20 mg, if not 30 ;)

Yes some is lost in teh extraction process, though how much? That I do not know.

^Yes some is certainly lost. From all the reading I've been doing and also my own experience , estimates seem to range between 80-95% is extracted. This would ofc depend on how well the extraction was done , how many rinses etc etc. So for the equivalent of 4 tabs/20mg whole tabs taken orally I would add 1 extra for a CWE. 2 extra would be somewhere between 20-30mg. :)

Yes, sorry about that! Posted from my phone and didn't notice that it auto-corrected.

Glad you didn't take them all, but are you aware of the interaction between alcohol and acetaminophen? Remember to never combine the two and never take acetaminophen the day after drinking at least. It's a liver-toxic combination.

Tolerance will also build quickly, from the opioid and doxylamine. I took doxylamine for sleep for a period of time and found I could only use it for 3-5 days (while increasing dosages) before it wouldn't work as well.
^ Yeh , I'm glad I didn't take them all either , I surely would have underestimated the Doxy's potency. Good thing I'm one to research it first.
I am aware that Acetaminophen is toxic to the liver and alcohol should be avoided yes ... but I thought this was only in higher doses. i.e. it doesn't say on regular Paracetamol tablets to avoid alcohol at all? ... Anyhow , I only had about 6-7 beers over 10 hours or so ... (1/2 the reason I've started using this CWE method occasionally is to try and cut down on the booze (12+ a day drinker usually) , I figured a few beers won't hurt as long as most the APAP is filtered out. ;))
And this works extremely well for Alcohol Subsitute and/or Withdrawals btw.

In saying that ... my liver has been feeling a bit "heavy" last couple of days and I would attribute it to those tablets. :( (I should have just CWE'd a few rather than take them whole , doxy or not. Oh well.) And yeh , the tolerance build up was very quick indeed , 3 nights and same dose does less than half of what it did the first night. I'll definatly give these doxy ones a miss next time.
On the PST and a bit of Hash tonight ... so that should be a bit cleaner and seems to be doing it's job. %) No Worries.

Cheers.

hey all....just wonderin if any of uz eva had troubles keepin this stuff down??
this used to be a monthly practice however last time it hit the stomach... the stomach said NO!! and it was all in the dishwater within 2 mins:(
i no the juice should help the taste but it seems to just make more liquid and doesnt really mask too much... any ideas on how to keep it in long enuf 4 it to process? just found it a lil wierd maybe theyve added something to the tabs.
anyhows:|

this used to be a monthly practice however last time it hit the stomach... the stomach said NO!! and it was all in the dishwater within 2 mins:(
i no the juice should help the taste but it seems to just make more liquid and doesnt really mask too much... any ideas on how to keep it in long enuf 4 it to process? just found it a lil wierd maybe theyve added something to the tabs.

I managed it for a while by mixing it with juice, but it started to get harder and harder to keep it down and put me off orange squash completely, and you're right in that it just adds more nasty ass stuff to drink. I began to chase it with some Fanta (orange soda), which if you swill it round your mouth immediately after taking a few gulps of CWE, will almost completely mask the taste. I don't even bother mixing it with juice anymore, I just swig the cwe water and have a chaser ready. It seems fizzy drinks are stronger at masking the taste than anything else (that I've tried).

Naggers your name makes me LOL, because I assume it is a reference to that episode of South park. ;)

Umbo, I routinely use doxylamine succinate with codeine to increase sedation as well as reduce nausea and itching. Those pills you have would be really unsafe to use for someone like me with a large codeine tolerance, however I notice you mentioned you only intended to CWE 10 tabs which has approximately 61.2mgs and really when you factor in losses is probably closer to 50mg.

I always use 50mg doxy with my codeine doses but I purchase doxylamine only tablets so I can choose my dose and it doesn't impact on my codeine consumption. My first time I only took 25mg but I have used 50mg on every other occassion nearly and would not say this is unsafe to use with your usual codeine dose. I am not sure at which point doxy causes delerium but the reson you don't want to do large extractions on doxy containing pills is you will trip out like nothing else.

To people talking about mixing the stuff, cordial is a good mixer because it tastes strong but does not require you to bulk out the liquid much. I have always found diluting it pointless because for how much you kill the flavour your giving yourself that much more liquid to drink. I think it hits a bit harder if you drink it straight too.

Ashley26, no need to be nervous CWE is perfectly safe, easy and most importantly enjoyable. ;) Don't know if you have prior opiate experience but it may be wise to not dive in too quickly, be a tad conservative. Although in my personal experience nobody I have given codeine too has noticed much off less than 300mg there appears to be many much more sensitive to it than that. I would like to add, I am an avid user of codeine and my extraction technique is definately not faulty. ;)

You shouldn't need to do a CWE on 4 pills... Does the acetaminophen hurt your stomach?

Regardless, you do lose a little in the extraction, but it is around 5-10% if you do it right (which isn't hard).

You shouldn't need to do a CWE on 4 pills... Does the acetaminophen hurt your stomach?

Regardless, you do lose a little in the extraction, but it is around 5-10% if you do it right (which isn't hard).

Thats still 2000mg though, which is the most you'd ever want to take in a single dose. Personally I'd pop some methionine with that as well, just to be safe.

You should keep the juice separate from the Codeine / Water solution, so you're basically taking a "shot" of Codeine solution (whilst holding your nose / doing anything that helps you not taste anything) and then drink lots of the juice straight afterwards. This is the best way I've found to get it down without having to drink loads of nasty tasting solution ;)
I wouldn't be able to handle drinking any more than the small mouthful you're left with after the extraction.

Yarp..... ty all :)
fizzy on tha side to chase was just tha recipe... still shudder on the first taste of cwe... even wit tha blocked nose.... can c how it wuld turn one off certain drinks if mixed.

Umbo, I routinely use doxylamine succinate with codeine to increase sedation as well as reduce nausea and itching. Those pills you have would be really unsafe to use for someone like me with a large codeine tolerance, however I notice you mentioned you only intended to CWE 10 tabs which has approximately 61.2mgs and really when you factor in losses is probably closer to 50mg.

I always use 50mg doxy with my codeine doses but I purchase doxylamine only tablets so I can choose my dose and it doesn't impact on my codeine consumption. My first time I only took 25mg but I have used 50mg on every other occassion nearly and would not say this is unsafe to use with your usual codeine dose. I am not sure at which point doxy causes delerium but the reson you don't want to do large extractions on doxy containing pills is you will trip out like nothing else.

To people talking about mixing the stuff, cordial is a good mixer because it tastes strong but does not require you to bulk out the liquid much. I have always found diluting it pointless because for how much you kill the flavour your giving yourself that much more liquid to drink. I think it hits a bit harder if you drink it straight too.

Ashley26, no need to be nervous CWE is perfectly safe, easy and most importantly enjoyable. ;) Don't know if you have prior opiate experience but it may be wise to not dive in too quickly, be a tad conservative. Although in my personal experience nobody I have given codeine too has noticed much off less than 300mg there appears to be many much more sensitive to it than that. I would like to add, I am an avid user of codeine and my extraction technique is definately not faulty. ;)
Thanx for that , True I would have only done 10 to be "safe" not knowing the effects of the Doxy and as I've read a little more around the joint I've noticed that many take doses of 50mg and even higher ... So I probably would have been fine , but after 6 beers or so and popping 3 I'll certainly say I wasn't expecting for it to hit me so hard (semi-nodding for about 1/2hr 2 hrs in) so I sure would have crashed hard with 10 or so.

Like you say , it would be better to be able to choose the dose , more Codiene lesser Doxy ... I will just keep those tabs now for emergency "sleepers".
Got 2 more packs of standard 10/500s today (Chemists own ... bless 'em) so I'm sorted again. Was going to up my usual from 12 as even use of only every 2-3 days (on average) is building tolerance (sigh) ... not to even mention I would absolutely love to have a decent 'recreational' dose but I'm afraid to mess up my tolerance for the somewhat responsible way I use this drug/method , if that makes sense. (until I read here tonight I was gonna go straight to 24 ... but again , after a few beers ... I'm still not sure how high the risk is on the combo , plus I got some nice budz so there is not as much need for pain relief and sedation right this minute. %))
Hmm , and I wonder If I needed to hear that large doses of Doxy would make me trip out , hahah , lucky some of the first info I read on it made me think over 50mgs is pushing it ... I wish I could remember the source but said over 75mgs was potentially toxic and the side-effects were very bad. So I will play it safe and live to take more drugs another day. No Worries.

As for the Taste thing ... maybe it's just me but I don't find it very bad at all ... I mean if you can have 2 shots of alcohol@40% anything I don't even see how this could compare ... I hear comments of extremely bitter and almost like sucking a lemon but I don't find that it's way bitter , just tastes like chemical water to me (tastes like city water lol) ... well , it just tastes like you've dissolved two of those tablets in the water , like if you let a tab melt under your tounge , that taste but nowhere near as bad. I wouldn't mix , ew. that would taste way worse.
I just drink it and go about my business , notice the taste for maybe 10 seconds , then bit of water , beer or cuppa and a smoke , whatever the usual.

And the last bit , I'd agree to be conservative the first time if have no tolerance ... I really don't see how someone with no tolerance could not feel anything off less than 300mg ... I mean , anything? 20mgs help most people with a headache and to feel a little drowsy ofc ... so you must mean as a 'recreational' dose. :) Seriously , I would not recommend taking 300mgs for the first time , although I'm sure It's relatively safe on it's own. (and I'm sure your technique is fine also btw ;)).
Agree too that there is no need to be nervous , So simple ... effective and arguably the safest method to use these APAP containing pills ... Save thy liver ... and just to note ... I personally Would CWE 4 pills (5 for 4 equiv) if needed ... I'll take as little APAP as possible these days , It's borderline useless for pain anyway and oh so toxic ... I'm so damn glad I know this method and for the existance of this thread in particular.
Thankyou and best wishes to all.

Cheers.

Hello again ... sorry for taking up so much thread space , I'm just interested.
Just adding to my last reply ...
d_m ... Can I ask how and when and why you use the doxy with codeine?
Hehehe , Actually I probably know the How and Why so primarily the When ... before or after and how long? thx.

I gave it a miss last night and got a little bit too drunk anyway (I forget that my tolerance drops so quickly for alcohol , I have no idea if this is common but after 2 days off or even having a few , having 12 again wrecks me 8)) ...
So anyway after a week off I did a CWE tonight and decided to try what I thought would be close to a mild rec. dose for me (24) ... so I guess that's 200+mg's of Codeine , double my usual therapeutic dose. Well I must say it didn't seem to work as well I'd hoped , after 1-2 hrs it just felt like my normal 12 the last few times. Admittedly I've usually had a couple beers by that time of night and tonight I had only one light beer and empty stomach as per usual.

Well ... after 2 hours I wasn't satisfied and decided It was well safe enough to add 2 of the Doxy/Cod/Apap and see how it effects.
I'm not sure if the codeine seems potentiated or not but there is definatly extra sedation and a more subtle weird euphoria. Rather dry mouth is my only complaint really ... but that's most likely a combo with barely drinking.

And reading up I have a couple more Questions if anyone would care to try and answer ...
1) How long does your liver (roughly) take to process most of the Apap and/or Codeine?
2) Also , Will cooling the water to 4d or so make some APAP "precipitate" out of the water? ... have heard conflicting statements.
(And on that ... so many still suggest using warm to hot water first then chilling ... from what I've read here that is definatly not the way to go , can this be definitively clarified?)

Well I'd best be off for now ... got some relaxing to do.

Cheers.

In the interest of harm reduction I would just like to point out that: To an opiate naive person 300mg of codeine is VERY high. Probably best to start lower for the first time, more like 60-90mg. You can always add more to your dose, but if you take to much you will be sick or worse could die. Now i don't think anyone has died on 300mg alone but it is still important to point out that 300mg is a really high dose for a first timer.

OK i need some serious help. Ive tried doing a cold water extraction with Hydrocodone/apap 5-500 pills several times but its not working. Ive had to resort to just consuming the whole pills. What I do is grind up 4 of them (thats all i need for now) then put them in 8-10 ml of cold water and dissolve them. Now here comes the difficult part for me. I dont know how to filter out the apap. I dont have any coffee filters or anything good to use as far as filters go. Ive been using a T-shirt which i have heard works fine. Once ive gotten the solution i will put the piece of a t-shirt over a cup and set the solution ontop of it so the apap filters out and the hydrocodone falls through the shirt and into the cup. The problem with this is that I always end up with a large clump of a white sticky substance and hardly any water in the cup. I cant ever get the filtering part to work out right. Is there supposed to be so much white sticky stuff left and hardly any water? How much water should i get in the cup per pill? Am I doing something wrong and should i be using a different filter? Somebody please help me out i dont want to have to consume the entire pills anymore because this isnt working out for me.

Simple, the shirt is absorbing the water (and your precious drugs), not leaving any to drain into the cup.

The best answer would be to go and buy some coffee filters (they're hardly expensive), and make sure you dampen them before you filter so the water just drains though.

Status
Not open for further replies.