• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
HighonLife said:
^^ but wouldnt you assume poppy tea has more organic matter to decompose n create mold then just water, Opes n Aceto?

not saying a finished CWE wont go bad, but it would stand to reason (IMO atleast) that a finished CWE has less of a chance of going bad then poppy tea

no?

water on its own will mold. Anything introduced to it that is not sterile will cause mold. So unless you sterilize your pills (which would destroy the opies) you have a chance for mold to form.

even if you sterilised the pills and destroyed the opiates - water will still mold - whatever you put in it (its just that when you have other organic matter in the water then that will mold as well

i think maybe water with pills in it would take longer to mold though than poppy tea

so your prob right with that HOL

triiper said:
why am i surprised ppl are dumb as fuck, whats the point of crushing pills hmmmm,,,, maybe so u dont have to wait 45min for the pills to dissolve1111 and apap potentiates pain relief not the fucking high how retarded are u guys,,,, but i have noticed a slight decrease in effects from cwe, but thats because shit hasnt dissolved properly, leave the powder in the water longer, and my punctuation is cause im running opera mobile and it automatically ends my post with any end of sentence punctuation, can anyone help with this problem?

considering captain heroin's extensive knowledge on phramies - i would say that he meant that apap would potentiate the pain relief tripper.... as you have correctly pointed out .... well done for that lol ;)

Man................First time hearing about this, Finally a answer for not taking so many 8mg Pill's......................Good Sh!t, Guy's

Hi!

I've read multiple pages and haven't seen that question asked before, and I apologize if it's been asked before.

SWIM extracted 30 375mg A.S.A/15mg caffeine/8mg pills using the cold water extraction, but finds that that the effects of the caffeine are overpowering the effects of the codeine extracted. (450mg caffeine vs. 240mg of codeine)

Anyone know what I should suggest him to make the effects of the caffeine less of a problem?

Thanks!

It's been a while since I've been involved with this whole BL thing... but I remember people talking about using activated charcoal to remove the caffeine...

Wow, and I used to be the expert on this shit.

Hi!

I've read multiple pages and haven't seen that question asked before, and I apologize if it's been asked before.

SWIM extracted 30 375mg A.S.A/15mg caffeine/8mg pills using the cold water extraction, but finds that that the effects of the caffeine are overpowering the effects of the codeine extracted. (450mg caffeine vs. 240mg of codeine)

Anyone know what I should suggest him to make the effects of the caffeine less of a problem?

Thanks!

You are a fool for using swim thinking it will protect you , call yourself what ever you want in the end your IP address will identify SWIM as you. So drop the swim and have a discussion with out sounding like an idiot. If you are that worried about self-incrimination DON'T POST.

to answer YOUR question (not this swim fellow) I found this information on how decaffienated coffee is made.

Decaffeinated Coffee Beans

Coffee Decaffeination Process

How to Decaffeinate Coffee

Swiss Water Process

In the Swiss Water Process, the green coffee beans are soaked in hot water to remove the caffeine and compounds responsible for much of the flavor of the coffee flavor. The first batch of coffee beans is then discarded, while the caffeine is stripped from the solution by means of activated carbon filters. This leaves a solution saturated with flavor compounds, which is then used to soak a new batch of decaffeinated green coffee beans. The principle of water procesed decaf coffee is that the solution is saturated with all components soluble in water other than caffeine. Therefore, only the caffeine in the bean is allowed to escape whereas the rest of the compounds are in equilibrium. Unfortunately, the flavor of batches is intermixed since the chemically saturated solution is used repeatedly.

CO2 Process

In the carbon dioxide decaffeination process, green coffee beans are soaked in highly compressed CO2, which extracts the caffeine. The caffeine is then removed from the CO2 using activated carbon filters, which are then reused to extract caffeine from the coffee again.

Sparkling Water Process

The sparkling water decaffeination process is similar to the CO2 method, but instead of removing the caffeine with activated carbon filters, the caffeine is washed from the CO2 with sparkling water in a secondary tank, which is then recycled to extract more caffeine from the coffee. The solvent consists of approximately 99.7% compressed carbon dioxide and 0.3% water.

I am not quite sure what effect this would have on eh codeine though, someone else would have to weigh in on that.

>>edit : from reading other forums it is not really worth it as too much codeine is lost in the activated carbon as well. There is some talk of washing the pills with ethanol or acetone prior to teh CWE as caffeine is soluble in both but codeine is not , but i personally have no experience with this.

Last edited:
Hi Moral Decay!

Thank you for the information.

As someone that is new to the forum though, I would have appreciated a bit more respect as I thought this was a regular expression to use here. I also use a multi-proxy server to protect my computer so my real IP address would be hard to find.

Hi Moral Decay!

Thank you for the information.

As someone that is new to the forum though, I would have appreciated a bit more respect as I thought this was a regular expression to use here. I also use a multi-proxy server to protect my computer so my real IP address would be hard to find.

I apologize, I had not had my medications in over 24 hours, as my doc has been away and my script didn't get refilled until today. 'SWIM' is something that is very aggravating to see every time someone new posts, I can usually keep it under the surface. However, I was feeling rather gritty and it showed in my demeanor. I typically am a much more pleasant poster. Please do not let it ruin your impression of me or my professionalism. I sincerely apologize for the flaming, I am pain-free today and I am sure it shows in my candor.

No problem, I understand. :)

So I've read a bit on my own, and a lot of people seem to be having the same problem as me. So far I've read that the only solution is to evaporate it, which I don't think is a good idea.

I should probably just get a hold of Tylenol 3's instead since the codeine to caffeine ratio is a lot better.

I am still open to other ideas...

No problem, I understand. :)

So I've read a bit on my own, and a lot of people seem to be having the same problem as me. So far I've read that the only solution is to evaporate it, which I don't think is a good idea.

I should probably just get a hold of Tylenol 3's instead since the codeine to caffeine ratio is a lot better.

I am still open to other ideas...

In the US; Tylenol 3 does not have any caffeine.

it is 30mg codeine and 325mg of apap(Tylenol)

Damn, you guys are lucky. Here it's 325APAP/15 caffeine/30 codeine.

Gotta love Canada eh! hehe

additional techniques from a chemist

hello, I'm new to this thread but I think I can add an additional idea or two to give some better results.

One of the easiest ways to remove more APAP than the traditional method is to start with warm water and then RAPIDLY chill the solution. This causes the APAP that is dissolved to crystallize out of the solution in larger, more filterable particles. The only catch is that it happens pretty quick and can actually freeze the solution if you aren't careful. Simply putting your solution in an ice bath works but if you add about a handful of table salt to 50/50 ice/water mix it will cause the ice bath's temp to drop into the negative temperature range. It should only take about 2 minutes to make 12oz of water almost freeze. This is also a great way to chill a warm six-pack too. Give it a shot if feel like trying to be more scientific about it. Hope this helps some people out.

hello, I'm new to this thread but I think I can add an additional idea or two to give some better results.

One of the easiest ways to remove more APAP than the traditional method is to start with warm water and then RAPIDLY chill the solution. This causes the APAP that is dissolved to crystallize out of the solution in larger, more filterable particles. The only catch is that it happens pretty quick and can actually freeze the solution if you aren't careful. Simply putting your solution in an ice bath works but if you add about a handful of table salt to 50/50 ice/water mix it will cause the ice bath's temp to drop into the negative temperature range. It should only take about 2 minutes to make 12oz of water almost freeze. This is also a great way to chill a warm six-pack too. Give it a shot if feel like trying to be more scientific about it. Hope this helps some people out.

are you saying to put the salt in the ice bath or in the extraction? cause a handful of salt in 100ml of water would ruin the mixture.

re:moral decay

He's saying to put it in the ice bath. I know it works because the same thing is done with home-made ice cream to make it freeze faster.=D Ummmmm...ice creammmm:\

Shoot

New to the site but dig the CWE info. My bottom line is can I shoot the opiod? Drinking is cool and snorting the powder is okay but I would rather stick a needle in my arm. What's the consensus on that question?%)

New to the site but dig the CWE info. My bottom line is can I shoot the opiod? Drinking is cool and snorting the powder is okay but I would rather stick a needle in my arm. What's the consensus on that question?%)

No, the result of a CWE is not injectable.

Even under perfect conditions (ie micron filtration and flash cooling) there will still be 14mg/mL acetaminophen in the final product.

You should also know that hydrocodone and codeine are totally unfit to inject in the first place. IV Codeine causes massive histamine release and IV hydrocodone carries a significant risk of pulmonary edema, as well as histamine release.

Stick to oral or plugging with your CWE result.

kk I "tried" performed CWE. Did not work. The coffee filter got extremely wet after I put the codeine/caf/ace/ water through it. Would it be better to put a funnel in the glass and put the filter in that instead?

Also, would taking 120mg in the morning make it ok to take another 120 mg at night time? Or is that to much codeine?

kk I "tried" performed CWE. Did not work. The coffee filter got extremely wet after I put the codeine/caf/ace/ water through it. Would it be better to put a funnel in the glass and put the filter in that instead?

Here's the quick version of the method I use (the full thing is on page 1 or 2 of this thread)

I use a funnel, then wet a coffee filter and place it in the funnel, then wet a piece of tightly woven cloth and place it over the coffee filter in the funnel. I pour the chilled mixture through this and wait for it to filter through. At some point you can draw up the cloth and squeeze the remaining water out of the solution (you should have a big wad of tylenol in there at this point. All that is left to do is wait for it to filter through the coffee filter (I dont suggest squeezing the solution through the coffee filter as they tend to break.) To me, the step with the cloth is essential because it prevents the coffee filter from clogging and catches a TON of acetaminophen.

Remember that this will not remove the caffeine from the solution, only some of the acetaminophen. And, the less water you use, the less acetaminophen in the final product.

Also, would taking 120mg in the morning make it ok to take another 120 mg at night time? Or is that to much codeine?

The half-life of codeine is 2.5-3hrs, so all of it should be eliminated within 6 hours more or less. The re-dosing shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.