• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Yes, you'll get better results for sure. As a thought, since there is only 325mg acetaminophen in each pill, you could just do the CWE on the 5 that you usually take, or even 6 if you want to make it slightly stronger... but then, you can just take one additional pill on top of that at a time until you get to the level you want to be at. 325mg acetaminophen is a pretty small amount, and the amount in three of those pills (just under 1,000mg) is actually the amount of Tylenol you would take if you just took one dose Tylenol itself as prescribed (1,000mg). You don't have to guess how much extra you need this way... You can just add them as needed since you got out all of the acetaminophen that was in the original pills!

For future reference, 3,000mg acetaminophen is the highest you really want to go in a day, with 1,000mg being the most you really want to take at any one time. You could slightly go past this every once in awhile with no worries, but it is a good rule to go by for the most part.

Thanks!

^Yes, you'll get better results for sure. As a thought, since there is only 325mg acetaminophen in each pill, you could just do the CWE on the 5 that you usually take, or even 6 if you want to make it slightly stronger... but then, you can just take one additional pill on top of that at a time until you get to the level you want to be at. 325mg acetaminophen is a pretty small amount, and the amount in three of those pills (just under 1,000mg) is actually the amount of Tylenol you would take if you just took one dose Tylenol itself as prescribed (1,000mg). You don't have to guess how much extra you need this way... You can just add them as needed since you got out all of the acetaminophen that was in the original pills!

For future reference, 3,000mg acetaminophen is the highest you really want to go in a day, with 1,000mg being the most you really want to take at any one time. You could slightly go past this every once in awhile with no worries, but it is a good rule to go by for the most part.

Great Advise!! That should do the trick. I could do 6 by CWE and 1 or 2 Norcos by mouth with the 325mg acetaminophen left in... Makes prefect sense. Thanks!

BTW: I've been out of my oxcodine prescription since last night (did my last 3 pills around 6pm PST). When I woke-up this morning (4 hours ago) geez, I was really stiff all over and my back pain was intense...I took 160 mgs of Morphine (1-100mgs & 1-60mgs morp pills) and downed 4 Norcos by mouth.....Feel so much better now...well enough to spend time on-line, then I plan to get about my day ( I'm working on cleaning up an old motor boat that my Dad gave me (it runs great) so that I can take it out on the lake this summer and play around . . . (I live 5 mins from a lake....which is cool)

I will let you know how the CWE goes . . . =D

But first I need to knock off some tasty Chinese food left overs for breakfast <who says I have to have eggs or oatmeal for breakfast? Screw Convention . . . I would not be at BLUELIGHT, if that were the case?> Talk w/ ya later . . . Have an awesome day, BW (where-ever that might be?)

Last edited:

i thought it was 1000mg four times a day - with 4 hrs inbetween each dose ... and not more than 4000mg in a 24 hr period - thats what it is here in the UK

also one of the other mods once told me its ok to take 2000mg in one dose before? which if im not mistaken is twice the recommended dose?

ps. congrats on the modship man :)

^its really how comfortable you are with potentially hurting your liver. The FDA allows 4 grams a day (in 1 gram doses, as you said) but some people do not exceed 3,000mg/day and some doctors recommend this as well just as a protective measure.

2000mg in one dose probably isn't that bad once but if you are doing this daily or twice daily, you could be taxing your liver and eventually damaging it.

2000,3000 or 4000 mgs

i thought it was 1000mg four times a day - with 4 hrs inbetween each dose ... and not more than 4000mg in a 24 hr period - thats what it is here in the UK

also one of the other mods once told me its ok to take 2000mg in one dose before? which if im not mistaken is twice the recommended dose?

:)

Back in the day, I can remember taking two Tylenol horse like pills, which were1,000mg each for dental related pain.... I think I took 6 within a 24 hr period. The only side effect I had....was that my tummy was kinda queasy.

Still, knowing what I know how....it feels better to play it safe and do a CWE then to worry about how much APAP is sitting in my liver? I use 3000mgs as my guideline.

Suzie

PS: I wonder how long it takes for APAP to clear the liver? I need to look that up...

cane2the left said:
^its really how comfortable you are with potentially hurting your liver. The FDA allows 4 grams a day (in 1 gram doses, as you said) but some people do not exceed 3,000mg/day and some doctors recommend this as well just as a protective measure.

2000mg in one dose probably isn't that bad once but if you are doing this daily or twice daily, you could be taxing your liver and eventually damaging it.

Thanks Cane , i agree man - i tend to stick to 1000mg in any one dose - very rarely - i might take anpother 500/30 co-codamol like 30 mins later or something - but i dont like to do this on a regular basis its a rare treat...

i need my liver to be in good health right now - i have my reasons - also i take milk thistle and i think this is quite helpful in protecting and healing the liver.... i try to drink lots of water too

SuzieCA said:
Back in the day, I can remember taking two Tylenol horse like pills, which were1,000mg each for dental related pain.... I think I took 6 within a 24 hr period. The only side effect I had....was that my tummy was kinda queasy.

Still, knowing what I know how....it feels better to play it safe and do a CWE then to worry about how much APAP is sitting in my liver? I use 3000mgs as my guideline.

Suzie

yeah ... i think its OK for a short ammount of time .... but like cane and otherws have said on here - its bound to tax the liver... wouldnt surprise me if it upset the stomach a little bit too - although ibuprofen et al are more known/infamous for doing this...

you use 3000mg as your guide line ? as in you dont go above this without a CWE ?

SuzieCa said:
PS: I wonder how long it takes for APAP to clear the liver? I need to look that up...

prob like 4 hours ? (hence the dosing guidelines..... right guys ?)

Cold Water Codeine Extraction HELP.

I just did my first cold water extraction last night after reading about it on this forum...
I used 4 tylenol 3 with codeine 30mg..
My method was crushing the 4 pills and dissolving them in about 12mil of water then placing it in the freezer till the water was near frozen...
I then cut the neck off a pop bottle off and used it as a funnel placing 2 damp coffee filters inside and poured the near frozen mixture of tylenol 3 into the filter
I let it sit for a couple minutes then squeezed the remaining liquid...
I drank the liquid... i got a nice buzz and watched a movie and passed out...
I am positive i could handle quite a bit more codeine.. 120mg did not seem to be enough.

I have a couple of question i would appreciate you all could replay.

I only had 4 T3s but i want to feel the full effect of a codeine high so i went out and got myself T1s..
They have 300mg acetaminophen 15mg caffeine and 8mg codeine.
I want to attempt a cold water extraction on these pills but wanted some more info and advice to make sure i'm doing it properly and safely..
Any tips?
Another concern of mine would be the caffeine.. 8mg codeine and 15 caffeine per pill.... i figure im going to need at least 20 T1s to get roughly 160mg codeine. which means im going to have to take 300mg of caffeine...
Is 300 mg caffeine going to be safe first off? and secondly whats a safe effective at home way to extract the caffeine?

My final question would be about the length of the high... last night i passed out watching a movie... long day... not because i took to much...
How long would a 160mg dose last on me... 200ish lbs...
ALL INFO WELCOME
Thank you all

Last edited:
First of all, i have to tell you shouldn't have extracted those T3. The problem with extractions is that they make you loose a considerable amount of codeine, even if you do it correctly. And 1200 mg of tylenol would have been 200% safe. Never extract T3s.

Now for the T1 there are numerous websites/threads that tell you how to proceed.

And concerning the lenght of the high, well theres no way to know. It all depends on what you ate, your tolerance, your tiredness, etc, etc.

I wouldn't bother with a CWE unless you were reaching around 4000 grams of APAP or more.

CWE's are simple and there are a thousand threads about them here, just search or look in the mega thread, where I assume this is going pretty soon.

I wouldn't bother with a CWE unless you were reaching around 4000 grams of APAP or more.

at 300mg APAP and 8mg codeine to get a 160mg dose of codeine i would need to take 20 pills / 6000mg of APAP....

^^^^^^

im just concerned im going to take to much APAP..
also making sure im using the rig right procedure and product..

so if i wanted to get roughly 160mg of codeine i would need to extract 20 pills and drink roughly 40mg of the nasty fluid?
Ive seen allot of posts but none give me a ratio or anything like that... Just being very cautious

Thanks for the reply's ^^^

Last edited:
First of all, i have to tell you shouldn't have extracted those T3. The problem with extractions is that they make you loose a considerable amount of codeine, even if you do it correctly. And 1200 mg of tylenol would have been 200% safe. Never extract T3s.

you don't lose a huge amount, but some is lost. i wouldn't say a considerable amount.

and you should extract T3's if the amount of APAP you're taking in the dose exceeds 4000mg (4 grams).

merging

Why bother crushing pills for CWE?

Is there any advantage to crushing the pills? Why not just put them in water and let them dissolve on their own? Am I missing something?

Crushing them makes the process go by faster.

You're right though, you can put them in water whole. This is how I have so far micron filtered.

-> CWE Mega Thread

Cold water extraction not as efficient

It seem that i don't get vary high when i cold water extract hydrocodone but when i take 5-6 7.5 i get a mild euphoria and nice body warming but its so much apap and i would take 12 7.5 pills if i could cause my tolerances is high. i extracted 12 7.5mg pills today and got the slightest buzz. so im thing the apap does actually potentiate the high very nicely for me but would it do me good if i took 8 7.5/750 and took a couple tums so i don't get stomach problem or is there anything else i can do to get all the apap out. and yess im doin cwe exactly as said and still dosent get me the high i desire with 12 pills!

It seem that i don't get vary high when i cold water extract hydrocodone but when i take 5-6 7.5 i get a mild euphoria and nice body warming but its so much apap and i would take 12 7.5 pills if i could cause my tolerances is high. i extracted 12 7.5mg pills today and got the slightest buzz. so im thing the apap does actually potentiate the high very nicely for me but would it do me good if i took 8 7.5/750 and took a couple tums so i don't get stomach problem or is there anything else i can do to get all the apap out. and yess im doin cwe exactly as said and still dosent get me the high i desire with 12 pills!

Tums is not gonna protect your liver from 6 grams of apap.

CWE Failure???

SWIM performed a CWE on 15 8/500's (120mg codeine overall, low dose) and got a large amount of white sticky shit that smelt like paracetamol tastes on his filter and 30ml's of clear liquid. He didn't taste it first, but put it in a sprite (about 300ml) and downed it on an empty stomach after exercise. He felt no effects at all.
Swim is fairly new to opiates, so is wondering if the dose was too low or the extraction failed.

Any help please?

120mg (and you likely lost a bit during your extraction) is only near a threshold recreational dose for one without a tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.