• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
no man... i dont like the t shirt method ... it was tightly woven

i was in a lot of pain

i really dont think the t shirt method should be recommended to anyone

haha, i don;t know how you ended up 6/7 being the quote, i wrote that man.

yeah t-shirt is useless, it will not filter effectively.

i disagree and many others do. they're all i ever use and have never had a problem with them. as i mentioned before, multiple filters will help eliminate larger amount of apap getting in.

the amount of water you use for the cwe is also dependent on how much apap will dissolve, check out the solubility of apap

No I wasn't referring to the CWE when I said I got hives, I had taken a few tylenol a couple months ago and about 30 minutes afterwards I got hives. I know that opiates cause a histamine release but that was not what caused the hives.

that's strange then, i've no clue what could have caused that besides maybe an allergic reaction to the apap? have you spoken to a dr about this?

yeah, i would say shirt is ok if you had maybe 3 or 4 layers.

Personally, I use a hankerchief, with 3 panels of kitchen roll on top.

that way, i can squeeze it out, with no risk of tearing/bursting.

Well, I had a dream last night where I tried my first careful CWE. Liquids came out of filtration clear as water. I dreamed that I used a Coffee Grinder for the 60 ASA/CAF/COD pills. I mixed the powder into a 250ml Pyrex beaker with 150ml of 30C water and let sit in the fridge for 1 hour. Then out of nowhere in this dream appeared a 50ml syringe, so I used it to remove the top layer of mixture. I put that mix into a funnel with 2 lab grade filter papers and placed in the fridge to filter. WIth the remaining slurry I placed 100ml of 30C water into it and placed in fridge to separate. After that was separated I again used that dream syringe to remove the top layer and placed into a 3rd Pyrex beaker with funnel and filter papers. After both were finished filtering I added 20ml of 4C water to the filter papers to get any remaining COD. I then took the slurry and used 3 coffee filters to squeeze out as much liquid as i could and allowed it to filter through one on the mixtures. The contents of the beakers were then combined and turned out to be crystal clear. To be on the safe side, they were left in the fridge for 4 hours to make sure all unwanted ASA was gone and voila. You can guess what happened next, because I don't remember that part of my dream but, I do know it was an excellent experience. I hope to dream about turning it to powder using a large pyrex dish and evaporation. It must have been reading all of these posts that gave my subconscious the desire to dream about this. All your insights were appreciated. Oh, and I do find ASA works so much better than ACET for the process. ANd to do it correctly, use a mag stirrer and hotplate to reach desired temperatures for dissolving and use a good thermometer at all times to check your temperatures.

I think I may also try vacuum filtration in my next dream as well... We'll see how that goes.

i had a dream that this was more like a chemistry experiment at college then an exercise in recreational drug use.... :\

way too much hassle....

OK. i have been really wanting my god damn OC guy to come through for me the last week and he has been on vacation and will continue to be on vacation for awhile as far as i know

anyways i have been able to aquire 20x 10/325 Percocets.

I am an OC snorter and i would really much rather snort my Oxy (please dont tell me why i shouldnt or why Oral is better, I've heard it all)

Sooo the question is.. How long does it take a CWE to evaporate? I know it is water so it will take longer then say QWISO hash but what am i really in for today? am i gonna be waiting the whole day?

if i have to so be it as i have hydrocodone and morphine to tide me over but IMHO nothing compares to the feeling i get from Snorting Oxy (never done needles) and i only find the Hcodone and the morphine to be so so

^ thats gonna take ages i think man - hey if you only find the morph and the hyrdro to be so so send em my way dude ;)

Codeine CWE Question

What I want to know is....

If you are filtering about 100-150mg of codeine why do you really need to use warm water then freeze(almost) it?

What exactly is wrong with using cold tap water putting it through a t shirt first then double or triple filtering it with coffe filters until its almost clear?

If you only use 100-150ml of cold water there is no way you can get more than about 1.5g of apap right?

So why do people insist on using warm water then freezing it if its not really needed?

First, warm water will allow the opioid to take or dissolve better into the warm water.

Take water that is chilled or cold or cool even and put 2 tablespoons of sugar into it. Not all of it will dissolve and if it does it wont be very quickly.

With warm or hotter water it will take or dissolve alot faster and easier. Then to put it into the freezer so that the apap has time to settle to the bottom and from what i understand condenses any residual apap so therefore allowing it to settle.

Remember to wet the filters first so that you dont loose any of your mixture from the absorbtion into the filter.

Personaly never done an extraction but i know thats the reason for doing it like that.

What I want to know is....

If you are filtering about 100-150mg of codeine why do you really need to use warm water then freeze(almost) it?

What exactly is wrong with using cold tap water putting it through a t shirt first then double or triple filtering it with coffe filters until its almost clear?

If you only use 100-150ml of cold water there is no way you can get more than about 1.5g of apap right?

So why do people insist on using warm water then freezing it if its not really needed?

This question belongs in Basic Drug Discussion.

There's no need to freeze it unless you want to. It's just a higher quality way to go. You can do whatever you want as long as you understand the basic chemistry behind it.

There is NO need to use anything but cold water at any point in a CWE.

Their solubility on the order of multiple GRAMS of the opioid per milliliter of water, even at cold temperatures.

There is NO need to use anything but cold water at any point in a CWE.

Their solubility on the order of multiple GRAMS of the opioid per milliliter of water, even at cold temperatures.

Abso-fucking-lutely!!!!!!

I really don't know where the using warm water and then putting it in the fridge idea came from but it's completely unnecessary and is just wasting electricity and power.

1. Get cold water in a measuring jug.
2. Crush your pills.
3. Add them to the cold water.
4. Give it a stir and leave it to settle.
5. Using 2 moistened coffee filters placed over a glass, pour the water/Codeine/unwanted powders mixture into this.
6. Let it filter.
7. Gently squeeze the remaining Codeine water out of the coffee filters.
8. Drink, wash the taste down with some juice and be merry.

Wa-la! Sorted ;)

Last edited:
IMO its better if you put it through a t shirt or similar first to get rid of the gloop...

Try it its a lot better!

Tshirt then double filter

^^ yeah and dont listen to people who say a t-shirt on its own is OK

it fucking isnt

i was in pain

Yeh I have been pretty ill from not doing it properly as well... as in projectile vomit and extreme pain from my stomach / liver area :/

Cold water
t shirt
filter
filter again
filter again if not clear

People telling you not to worry if its cloudy and just to use tissue or a tshirt are complete idiots putting other peoples health in danger!

CWE double filtered 3 times still milky

So I tried my first CWE today on 8 x Nurofen plus.

-Crushed up the pills
-Mixed with cold tap water (used about 2/3 of a pint - in hindsight this was clearly too much)
-Left in freezer until very cold
-Put one coffee filter inside another (wet them) and let the mixture go through.

The first time I got a load of gunk in the filter however the water was still completely cloudy, almost opaque. So I repeated the filtering, this time there was very little gunk in the filter and the solution was still completely milky almost opaque. I have now filtered 3 times and there is no change, can hardly see through it, basically like milk still.

What would you guys/girls recommend? Try a different filter like a dish cloth or just assume it's random additives and the ibuprofen came out with the gunk on the first filter?

Thanks!

I like to really research stuff like this before I do it, yeah I've read that thread and a load of others and the responses, but for some reason I went over the top with the water :p

Oh well, so you reckon most of the ibuprofen will be gone even though it's almost opaque? Like I say there was a load of stuff in the filter the first time so I'm hoping it was all in there.

Look at the amount of ibuprofen that was filtered out, and that should give you an idea of how much is still in the final solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.