• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
^you could have just used cold tap water and left for a shorter time then filtered. It would have been a better idea. How clear was the water you drank?

By skipping the final step of filtering the water through a coffee filter, what percentage of the total APAP do you think I drank: 20%, 50%, or 70% of the APAP ?

nobody is going to be able to tell you how much you consumed. my suggestion is next time use a t-shirt or cloth, some kind of material that will filter the solution. a lot of people do use t-shirts or some kind of material, i do most of the time. just filter it 3 times at least to get as clear solution as possible.

i have unapproved some offtopic crap in here, so if youre wondering where your post went, thats where.

This is getting ridiculous, please stop with the split personalities. I really don't know what you are trying to achieve from all this. This thread, as stated so, so many times before is about harm reduction no just arguing for the sake of winning a debate ON THE INTERNETZ. So lets stop this nonsense, all is forgiven.

Now, usually with my CWE's I use a normal coffee filters, is there any difference between these and lab quality filters? I don't use codeine very often, maybe once every 2 months. But just last weekend I broke my little toe. I've self medicating ever since (there's nothing you can do for broken toes) and I'm wondering if a lab filter would help get rid of excess paracetamol any better.

^ Yes, a lab filter will be finer and better able to remove binders and fillers.

There's no need for any condescending talk from anyone here. Whether said person is right or wrong, it's just not needed. So let's just agree to disagree. People can believe what they want, and they will also make up their mind as to which method is suitable for them.
End of...

he wouldnt listen to me,
he said, "we'll just agree to disagree,"
but this was a guy,
who believed he could fly,
and he fell from the top of a tree.

and died.

also, the good Doctor is counter-productive and should be banned.

we should ask some of the guys in ADD about these theories:
* significant heat (and so solubility) increases as a result of crushing the tablets, causing significantly more harmful solutions in the same temp of solvent (oh excuse me- LLOLOLLOLOLKSUREMHMMOLOLOLOLOL)

* stirring a codeine phosphate solution causes the codeine to "lose its salt", and become an insoluble freebase (so precipitate out )
(oh excuse me- HAHAHAAohwaitthatsnotevenfunny;areyoutakingthepiss?)

if I am wrong, and these two fascinatingly as-yet-unheard-of phenomenon are in fact theoretically demonstrable and (indeed) empirically verifiable logical implications of accepted scientific theory, then humble pie will of course be eaten.
If we are all right, and the good Doctor does indeed turn out to be a lying, deluded attention whore, I am sure we can expect to see some more ridiculous, counter-productive, pseudo-scientific manifestations of said whore's no-longer-pitiable desperation.
Hopefully to a degree, disruptive enough to warrant +b

good luck.

Ok, as some of you may have noticed, A LOT of posts have gone missing from this thread and made their way to another thread aptly titled "The CWE War...," if you must, continue discussion on those topics over in that thread for the time being and keep this thread ON TOPIC. Warnings will be handed out to ANYONE who can not follow these simple requests. What happened in the last few days in this thread should never have been allowed to go on and we are putting an end to it now.

I have been dying to ask this........nurofen plus has some paste around the pills so when the cwe is done u still see white ie you wont know if the ibuprofen is gone, is this true or not...

Are you talking about the filtered solution? For me at least it is often a very pale milky white. the extraction process is not perfect, there will be leftover ibuprofen of paracetamol . If it is a thick white solution it might be a bit dangerous, try switching to panadeine instead, paracetamol tends to filter much easier than ibuprofen.

Ok, as some of you may have noticed, A LOT of posts have gone missing from this thread and made their way to another thread aptly titled "The CWE War...," if you must, continue discussion on those topics over in that thread for the time being and keep this thread ON TOPIC. Warnings will be handed out to ANYONE who can not follow these simple requests. What happened in the last few days in this thread should never have been allowed to go on and we are putting an end to it now.

i suggest everyone take this seriously. OD isn't here to ridicule people and quite frankly its disappointing to see such ill behaviour. this shit will be coming to a screaming halt. like it or lump it

Are you talking about the filtered solution? For me at least it is often a very pale milky white. the extraction process is not perfect, there will be leftover ibuprofen of paracetamol . If it is a thick white solution it might be a bit dangerous, try switching to panadeine instead, paracetamol tends to filter much easier than ibuprofen.

ibuprofen is a bit harder to work with in CWE. because it is a lot more stable than apap it's more difficult to separate it from the codeine by CWE.

if your only choice is pills containing ibuprofen be sure to filter as many times as needed to get as clear solution as possible. if you're left with a milky paste don't go consuming it because there will be high amounts of ibu in there.

it's best to stick to apap containing tablets

we should ask some of the guys in ADD about these theories:
* significant heat (and so solubility) increases as a result of crushing the tablets, causing significantly more harmful solutions in the same temp of solvent (oh excuse me- LLOLOLLOLOLKSUREMHMMOLOLOLOLOL)

* stirring a codeine phosphate solution causes the codeine to "lose its salt", and become an insoluble freebase (so precipitate out )
(oh excuse me- HAHAHAAohwaitthatsnotevenfunny;areyoutakingthepiss?)

Whilst I have studied university level chemistry (only first year) I like to believe I have some sort of knowledge in the field, hence was pretty cut when I was told 'you are an arrogant cunt' for questioning these two hypotheses. I am going to now post a thread in advanced drug discussion asking for an in depth explanation of what happens, I will post the link back here because I am sure people are interested.

Note this post was obviously not directed at you, but the person who you were referring to.

edit: I have just made the thread http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=6911483 if anyone wants to read the replies.

Last edited:
Too much to read on K panic

I got question sometime lazy i pour off to layer and drink that once most sludge and shit settles at cold temps. sometiems i even freeze and cut in half thinking the most APAP that i can get in a cold solution of CWE without filtering is 1000mg per 100ml approx so as long as i don't drink too much liquid (say i use 500ml all up to dissolve tablets of 100 with 8-10mg of codeine each). forgive this on the ketamine but pazzing for year i used codeine and sometimes someone is craving and just wants some codeine now.

So u can imagine i drink a bit once the layers happen (in my junkiest codeine moment) just the top layer once its cold or after being frozen.

I have filtered a lot of time in past but some times u have no filter.

my question is how much APAP can go into cold water top layer of CWE at temps colder than room temp often nearly freezing.

well i quitting codeine i know mates and BL'ers that aint stoppping i want to save lives
i have before a few times.
i know people having 2000mg of codeine a night and some not filtering at first.

hmmm
so as temp goes down and layers separate its safer to drink top layer
According to wikipedia the solubility in water of paracetamol is 0.1-0.5 g/100 mL at 22.

I still recon its best to get cold so it layers and dissolves then pour off top layer freeze then drink cold.
but when i first get my stuff i downing the phenergan and shit then i spend hour prep maybe down a bit before filtered or even properly layered

Aspirin 1g / 100 ml(31C water) 1g / 300ml(21C water)
Acetaminophen 1g / 70 ml(31C water) 1g / 150 ml(21C water)
Codeine 1g / 2.3 ml(31C water) 1g / 0.7 ml(21C water)

I don't know how many tablets or how much water you use so there's a good table for it.

I use 50 tablets, (8mg codeine, 500mg acetaminophen) in two 25 tablet extractions. Aprrox 55ml of water each time. Still a pretty gnarly dose of acetaminophen but it works fine.

edit - fucking table won't work when I post it

Anyway, you REALLY should be filtering it before consumption. Firstly there'll be leftover codeine in the sludge at the bottom, secondly, you'll most likley be getting a much larger dose of acetaminophen. As for your friends who take 2g a night, unfiltered, that's just an all round bad idea. As stated so many times before, dosages above 400mg can't be processed by your liver, not to mention the fact that even filtering 2000mg of codeine would still leave a shitload of acetaminophen.

Last edited:
^you can't input a table. maybe use bullet points or space them or something.

The person using 2gs a few times a night has it in approx 400mg dose's spread out and says he gets effects beyond 400mg.

break up tablets: 2min (use pestle&mortar)
dissolve in cold water: 5min (fridge cold, but my tapwater is colder anyway)
stir&filter: 3min

ten minutes max.

here is the best way to filter:
put a kerchief over the top of the glass,do not push in the middle.
take 3 panels of kitchen towel (must be good quality),
(I make a cone by folding 1 into half, then again, then opening to have a cone with one side thick and one thin.
do this three times and put them inside each other, offset by a third to make it even thickness all the way round.)
push the 3 kitchen roll panels into the glass, so it pushes the kerchief in beneath it.
so now you have the kerchief in the glass, with a big brim of overhang all round, then the 3panel filter above, folded over the rime, so its all held in place.

filter through this, when it starts going slowly, you can lift it all out by the kerchief, and squeeze it carefully from the top down, making sure the water is going through the kitchen roll and not coming over the top through the kerchief.
once you have got all the solution in a "balloon" of kitchen roll, held within the kerchief,
you can easily squeeze out the rest, without it breaking,
because the kerchief contains all the pressure.

This way is MUCH faster and gives a MUCH greater yield than any other.
and the filter never breaks, if your reasonably careful (the kerchief spreads out the pressure so the paper doesnt break).
even if it does, you wont need to re-filter the whole thing, because the kerchief won't let all the gunk drop straight into your filtered solution.

A quick question guys, and i hope you could help me. I crushed 16 tablets of Paracetamol Codeine (Paracetamol 500mg, Codeine Phosphate 8mg), did the Cold Water Extraction. I drank extractions. But what I'd like to know is that, what are signs that might lead to me over-dosing on paracetamol, because I've read that max dose is 4000mg? And how long till the symptoms start to show

A quick question guys, and i hope you could help me. I crushed 16 tablets of Paracetamol Codeine (Paracetamol 500mg, Codeine Phosphate 8mg), did the Cold Water Extraction. I drank extractions. But what I'd like to know is that, what are signs that might lead to me over-dosing on paracetamol, because I've read that max dose is 4000mg? And how long till the symptoms start to show

If you did the CWE, you don't have to worry about ODing on APAP. Just to be sure, you drank the water at the end, right? If so, you're fine. Even if you messed up, a one time dose of that much APAP wouldn't kill you as long as you don't make a habit of ingesting that much APAP.

By symptoms, do you mean for codeine or APAP toxicity? Codeine should start to work 30-45 min after ingestion in a CWE solution, but if you did too much APAP, I hear toxicity doesn't manifest for about a day or so...but I think you're goin to be just fine.

If you did the CWE, you don't have to worry about ODing on APAP. Just to be sure, you drank the water at the end, right? If so, you're fine. Even if you messed up, a one time dose of that much APAP wouldn't kill you as long as you don't make a habit of ingesting that much APAP.

By symptoms, do you mean for codeine or APAP toxicity? Codeine should start to work 30-45 min after ingestion in a CWE solution, but if you did too much APAP, I hear toxicity doesn't manifest for about a day or so...but I think you're goin to be just fine.

Yeah I drank the water. About 20 hours ago. And was refering to APAP (im assuming its paracetamol yeh) toxicity. I'm tempted to do it again though, just want to be safe. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.