• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
or he's just some cock rider looking to be able to tell his friends he's on erowid

sorry that was way off topic. awesome thread. methadone is a drug that people really do need to be knowledgeable about before trying. its so easy to fuck up. glad we have something like this here to help.

great thread...but that erowid story is beyond stupid. maybe he took 100mgs, but even that is extremely doubtful. sounds like an anti-methadone person trying to use scare tactics but throwing in fake compassion to make it seem like it's genuine.

plutoniumboss said:
What are you guys on? Methadone is only slightly stronger than hydrocodone. I have no tolerance and it would take me 40mg just to get a decent high.

Are you crazy?? Methadone is nothing to play around with, and to tell someone that it is only slightly stronger than Hydrocodone is beyond stupid. I am a methadone Maintenance patient, and the highest MG that is given on the first day for even a hardcore heroin addict like me is 35mg. Whoever is reading this persons post, 40mg can kill a non opiate tolerant person in a heartbeat. In fact, the 40mg tablets are no longer available to pain patients, only for maintenance. Please be careful with using this medication, especisally if you are using benzos or anyother medications like that. Methadone IMHO is not even a good recreational drug because it doesnt make a person high like other opiates. Hence, people OD because they don't feel anything. Again this is only MHO. But I am sticking to my guns concerning how deadly this drug can be when abused.

LillyF40

johanneschimpo said:
3. The trip report is anti-methadone propaganda. Or just plain literary bullshit

Yeah, there is a lot of bullshit trip reports on there; read some of the caffeine experience reports, you'd think they were talking about meth. Another memorable one is the 2C-E addict.

designed_reality said:
great thread...but that erowid story is beyond stupid. maybe he took 100mgs, but even that is extremely doubtful. sounds like an anti-methadone person trying to use scare tactics but throwing in fake compassion to make it seem like it's genuine.

Yeah, it sounds like one of those people who belong to a site called HAMRD. They want to ban methadone. Am I the only person who has never heard of Methadone "powder" Maybe I am wrong but at least here in the States, it doesnt come in powder form. Also, in the States, pharmacies have nothing to do with Methadone clinics. The methadone comes in bottles (Liquid) delivered by FedEx. If this person had acess to methadone he/she would at least have to be a Pharmacy Tech. and I think the person would know how methadone works. His/her story sounds like you said, an anti methadone wacko trying to start some shit. Anyway, my cousin is a pharmisist and I will ask him about the powder done...

LillyF40

well done b. thank you for your work like this man.

Alright first things first if I am posting in wrong thread I apologize but dont bash as this is the "mega methadone thread".

Just wanted to talk about my methadone recovery. I have been on methadone for about 4-5 weeks now. I relapsed once and found I need to shoot 3 bundles of dope just to beat the methadone, and then went for the biggest guilt ride i think ive ever had in my life. I have been clean since that relapse, however tonight I ate two hits of this sunflower blotter thats been around for a bit, main reason is first time i got my hands on it I loved it and it was the best L I came across all summer. Now I do kinda wish i never even bothered because i think my methadone weakened my trip severly. I hardly had any hallucinations, or any of my normal LSD experience or w/e. To answer before you bash me for it the reason I ate doses is because I believe its extremely therapeutic and have never had a problem with it and never done it more then like 5x tops a year (normally only done at festivals which I no longer attend). So long story short, shoulda saved the hits for a friend or something or doubled up in order to get the effects of what I normally would from 2 hits. If anyone has any subjections please feel free but no need to go nuts, if you havent noticed im in recovery and I am serious about it, taking LSD is besides the point, was more of an experiment and ill probably still be glad I did it when I do have the next day clarity that I normally achieve from dosing.

saved

designed_reality said:
totaly agreed absolute bullshit and pisses me off. methadone has saved my life, if you read my post above i have about 4 weeks clean due to methadone maintenance.

To be the "acception of the rule" .... I was on 265mg-275mg of methadose (clinic and take homes) for over a year...then switched to suboxone, and finally just recently got off suboxone and am opiate clean (in "that" sense)... I was also on like 16mg of clonazepam at the time...I'm not advocating the use of anything or dosing higher on anything, I'm just proving that there's an acception to what most everyone is saying here...as I was on over a quarter gram of methadone a day (with RX'd benzos to the ubsurdity) and I didnt even ever nod...suboxone made me nod more, if ever.
I'm also the acception to the rule of detoxing...I detoxed in the hospital off methadone to suboxone in less than a week, and only on the first day/night i puked, and only twice....the first time was bad, but i got over it...the next 5 days or so I just was sweating and chilly/etc...but the saline drip helped a lot...sweating./etc...they NEVER gave me anything to help me sleep, since I was already on 16mg a day of clonazepam...they actuallly put me in benzo wd's at the same time while I detoxed off methadone, because the hospital WOULD NOT give me my daily prescribed, legit, legal dose of clonazepam...they gave me 8mg instead...and i've been at that even since...often just taking 4-6mg. Anyways, if you're considering methadone....if you want to save a lot of time and bullshit, go with suboxone.

And for anyone that wants to or does use methadone recreationally...."lol", better write your will before you OD and die from MASSIVE respiratory arrest. Then again, when I was on maintinence, i was able to take over half a gram of methadone on the weekends (from take homes/double dosing), and even do like 20mg of clonazepam, and i would still not nod that hard if at all. But when i got sober, I definately realized how much of a zombie I was....and OMFG did my sex drive come back like a rabbit into outter space-bunnies.

LillyF40 said:
Yeah, it sounds like one of those people who belong to a site called HAMRD. They want to ban methadone. Am I the only person who has never heard of Methadone "powder" Maybe I am wrong but at least here in the States, it doesnt come in powder form. Also, in the States, pharmacies have nothing to do with Methadone clinics. The methadone comes in bottles (Liquid) delivered by FedEx. If this person had acess to methadone he/she would at least have to be a Pharmacy Tech. and I think the person would know how methadone works. His/her story sounds like you said, an anti methadone wacko trying to start some shit. Anyway, my cousin is a pharmisist and I will ask him about the powder done...

LillyF40

As the poster below me said, compounding pharmacies are were the powder done would come from.

There's also methadone "wafers" ranging from 5-40mg.

Alright another question of mine, first of all lets qoute this:
Q: Is methadone good for depression/anxiety?
A: Just like any other full-agonist, it can cause depression. And again, like other full-agonists, it will help ease anxiety

Now, as described before im on methadone maintenance for 5 weeks now, and at 75 mgs after a relapse being dosed at 60, then again at 65, I then talked to my couseler and have been uped to 75 and have been stable. NOW regarding ANXIETY! Im prescribed 3 1mg pins a day and I have never needed them more after starting methadone. I strongly feel as though methadone increases my anxiety and would like to hear if anyone whos prescribed anxiety medications and also on methadone either agrees or disagree?

***Edit: Again, please don't post your contact info in a thread; if people want to reach you, they will - Mr Blonde.***

Last edited by a moderator:
DJ_KorKy said:
Im prescribed 3 1mg pins a day and I have never needed them more after starting methadone.
Uhm, what the fuck is/are pins? I only know of pins as being slang for needles, or as in pins and needles, but obviously they don't come in weights, like the 1mg your mentioning. So what are the pins you are talking about? Some drugs I guess?

Okey, so it's an abreviation. That's a certain brand name for Clonazepam/Rivotril right?

Status
Not open for further replies.