• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they check on a regular basis? Is abstaining from all use required to recieve treatment?

Do they check on a regular basis? Is abstaining from all use required to recieve treatment?

The one that I attend Tests you're Urine Twice a Week,Once You are on The highest level and have earned all of your Take home doses it becomes once a week.And at my clinic,abstaining from use is not required for treatment,But if they find Drugs in you're system it will only take longer for you to build up take home privileges,and if you already have them you'll lose one take home...
i.e. you are on level 6 therefor have 6 take-homes-if you test positive for opiates or benzo's the doctor would knock you down to 5 take home doses a week.
My Clinic Tests You're urine for Methadone,Opiates and semi and full Synthetic opioids like Oxycodone all specifically.They also test for Benzo's and Cocaine..And on The Day you leave a urine sample they always ask me if I have had alcohol in the last 24 hours...You dont get in trouble for it but The Nurses their told me they send the urine away to be studied if you've drunk alcohol.

Last edited:
Yeah, me neither, RE: the seizures. The whole thing was a big surprise to me. The creepy part was the second lady saying "Am I gonna die like the first lady?" and them assuring her she'd get the methadone.

I'm thinking she may have been prone to seizures.

Remind me to work weak-alliteration rhyming into a song sometime. ;)

here's my question- i took 70 mg. of methadone and 2 mg. xanax yesterday.
today about 14 hours later i took another 70 mg. methadone and 2.5 mg. xanax. now not only does it not feel stronger like i thought it would because of the lack of a ceiling dose that 'done has but it doesn't feel as strong as it did yesterday.
does any1 have a possible explanation? is it possible maybe i should have waited til the 24 hour mark from my first dose taken yesterday?

any responses appreciated. thanks. Tom

sorry to BUMP already but i only have computer access for another 15 minutes i really am interested in the answer b4 i have to leave. tyagain. tom

here's my question- i took 70 mg. of methadone and 2 mg. xanax yesterday.
today about 14 hours later i took another 70 mg. methadone and 2.5 mg. xanax. now not only does it not feel stronger like i thought it would because of the lack of a ceiling dose that 'done has but it doesn't feel as strong as it did yesterday.
does any1 have a possible explanation? is it possible maybe i should have waited til the 24 hour mark from my first dose taken yesterday?

any responses appreciated. thanks. Tom
The stuff is still in your system., It would definitely feel stronger if you didn't do any drugs for about 3-4 days. You would get F-up

^ I doubt 1mg would even be a threshold dose for an adult. Why would anyone go through all that effort to steal only 1mg, knowing the pills come in a minimum dose of five times that?

I have three explanations (in order of increasing likeliness, although 2&3 are a close tie):
1.He is a ridiculous medical anomaly, and his experiences do not reflect how strong methadone is.
2. He doesn't know how to use a scale.
3. The trip report is anti-methadone propaganda. Or just plain literary bullshit.

This confused me at first to, but then I read this and figured if this guy is telling the truth it would have to be this stuff? In which case he is still stupid if he didn't know that this powder is SO much stronger, if it even is.

"Again,
very rarely somebody will break into a chemist and pharmaceutical methadone
powder will come onto the market. This stuff is very, very strong, so if
you ever happen to come across it, be extremely careful how much you use,
especially if you are only used to street smack."

that's from erowid.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/opiates/opiates_mcdermotts_guide.shtml

sorry to sorta necro. i hope chimpo still around to read it like to see what he thinks, or what any one who commented on it thinks.

whatsup all? listen i got a lil situation/question to explain/ask. Ok ive been a recovered opiate addict due to methadone maintanance for over 8 months now, however I was just placed on what they call "financial detox" due to loosing my job and not making payments. So as far as details I was stabilized at 95 mgs a day and due to financial detox they are dropping me 10mgs a day rather then the recomended 1mg a day, which so far (65 mgs today) hasnt been terrible, however i know I will definitley be getting sick when i start getting to the 35-25mg days if not sooner. So I am trying to take any precaution for the couple weeks after my last dose, and so far i have 4ozs of kratom on the way, and im also prescribed to kolonopins (1mg 4x daily) and have been only taking up to 3 a day max so i have some extras for when wds start. Has anyone gone through methadone wds and found something to be very helpfull but yet not too addictive at the same time as I dont want to substitute to like a poppy addiction or even pst addiction I aim to finally be 100% done with opiates. Which brings me to my next question, has anyone ever used kratom to help with methadone wd's? If so, does anyone happen to know if i tried using some of my kratom at say 15mgs or 25mgs of methadone dose will help at all or if it will do nothing as my receptors will still be some what flooded? Please help as ill be down in the low mg range in a few days and am trying to be as precautious/prepared as possible even though its pretty much impossible.

If someone has a high tolerance to oxy, would starting out on 20 mg methadone not work?

It would,Depending on you're Tolerance,I was Scripted 3 80's a day,and My gf got 3 40's and we shared our scripts,and anything else we could get our hands on...And my first time taking methadone,I drank 30 mg's and Snorted 40 mg's of Oxy and was on the Nod....I say 40-50 mg's should get some one High if they have a tolerance of around 80 mg's in a sitting.

i was wondering about how long methadone can be detected in the urine. i realize the basic thought is 1-7 days but does anyone have any experience with this. swim took 30 mgs on monday and 30 on tuesday and has a urine test next tuesday. thanks

I hope I am posting this in the correct forum.

I want to get off heroin.

I have access to oral methadone from one of my local clinics ( I am not in the clinic).

I have been doing about 5 bags of H a day for 3 months by insufflation. I am male, 5'7", 200lbs.

I currently have 60mgs of methadone and will get another 100mg in a few days.

Obviously I do not want to become dependent on methadone.

Any advice on how to use the methadone to get off the H?

Your replies and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
At my Methadone clinic, the majority of the clients that go there are using Benzos on top of their Methadone. This includes me. I guess my dose isn't high enough but I love the very dangerous combo of Methadone and Clonazepam...

i just started my methadone program this week 30mg for five days supervised at chemist dont really feel anything hope they increase it on friday as still got cravings

Forgot my methadone, dont know what to do please help!!

Right,, shit.. basically i have come to my parents house for the weekend, just arrived after a 4 hour drive from Kingston. I have gone and fucking left me weekend takeaway in Kingston.. I can't believe this shit. I have been on it for 8 months and never missed a dose. I cant let it ruin this weekend. WHat the hell do I do. These are NOT options:

1) Pick up some gear
2) Go back to Kingston and get it.

Im thinking of getting an emergency doctors appointment and telling him the whole story, but just searched for "forgot my methadone" and read a page with doctors on there laughing at people saying that, it being an excuse to get opiates prescribed! Would I have any chance? I'm sure the Kaleidoscope project that dispenses it in Kingston could speak to him on the phone etc. Would it be worth it? What do you reckon?

Also what about Dihydrocodine, I could pick up some Paramol and do a CWE, think I remember how to do it. I am on 24mg methadone a day, so how mych dihydrocodeine would be equivilent and how many times should I do it in the day?

Any help appreciated..

Shit , im pretty scared

Status
Not open for further replies.