• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent got a massive op tolerance at the mo but do have some. Someone gave me 10 5mg physeptone tabs which I want to use recreationally, most of the info in this thread is for people trying to come of opiates.

What dose would people recommend? I was thinking 2 doses of 25mg.

For refrence

I need 150mg of H smoked to get a nod, I usually eat 100mg morphine to get high, I tried 20mg oxy the other day and it was much too weak.

Any ideas?

Eating before/after Methadone dose

Hi there,

My question is regarding dosing daily methadone and food in the stomach. I usually wait about 2 hours after receiving my daily liquid MMT to eat my breakfast. I start to feel what very little effects the methadone gives me around this time. Does anyone here eat before receiving their dose? Or how long do you wait after? Does food strongly affect the methadone?

If anyone could give me information regarding this type of thing it would be greatly appreciated. I would go into more detail but I have to go to work.

Thanks!

drewbocop

i've never noticed a difference from the little effects that i feel... the fact that methadone is so long acting i would say it prolly doesn't matter because eventually you're gonna have to eat during the day.

i've never noticed a difference from the little effects that i feel... the fact that methadone is so long acting i would say it prolly doesn't matter because eventually you're gonna have to eat during the day.

Cool, thanks for your input man. I mean, I don't really feel jack from my 80mg/day but it's noticeable enough to put a smile on my face at 6:30 in the morning. I'd like to get the most out of it without diminishing the effects too much.

don't forget methadone takes around 3 hours to reach it's full plasma levels. eating a few hours before really shouldn't inhibit any of its effects

Has anybody here had a similar experience to mine as far as such a high tolerance goes, and how long it lasted after MMT?

Ha, yeah. A few weeks ago, I got 3 takehomes because i was goin out of town. I was very naughty. I bought myself a half and waited 2 days as well. I am on 50mg a day, seems easy enough to break through, right? Wrong. I did pretty much the whole half in one shot and STILL DIDN'T GET HIGH. I was shocked to say the least. So I am also just going to wait until I am completely off of 'done to try again. Well, hopefully I won't try again, but, ya know how it is. Anyways, I think 4-5 days would probably be enough time to be able to feel the FULL effects. I dunno though, I have definitely learned I am on some serious shit after that.

I've been on 150mg of methadone since October so far. So far it's going great, I'm no longer depressed from opioid (morphine) addiction, my life is a lot more stable, I no longer get any cravings to use or doubledose the methadone and etc., and I actually have real life plans now to get back on my feet. It has brought back my life, and I feel like how I did prior to using drugs. It's quite amazing to be honest and I regret not getting on the methadone earlier, since I've been using opioids heavily for 5 years prior to getting on MMT. Had a pretty big tolerance when using, at my worst in 2007 I was taking 20-25x MSContin 100mg's a day along with the occasional 1/2 gram shot of tar for a 'boost.'

The 150mg holds me stable for about 28-30hours, pretty good. I get a nice buzz in the morning too which lasts for a while, although the buzz can sometimes be a bit sedating and sometimes I need to take a nap in the mornings. I get my first takehome (besides Sunday) next week hopefully, cuz I've had 3 clean UAs.

I'd recommend methadone to anyone who has been unsuccessful at keeping clean from opioids like how I have. It really has been a lifesaver, and I'm glad to be in control of my life again. All the horror stories about methadone being 'liquid handcuffs' seem to be absurd in my opinion... I think the ppl who really hate methadone are the ppl who are not yet ready to quit getting high/using H/shooting up and missing a rush/etc. Those who still want to use and get extremely high will hate methadone, that I can see.

Needless to say, I don't feel that way on the methadone and I have never even attempted to use any other opioids or other drugs ever since I've started on MMT because I have no cravings to do so nor do I want to ruin a good thing, which is the MMT so far.

Ha, yeah. A few weeks ago, I got 3 takehomes because i was goin out of town. I was very naughty. I bought myself a half and waited 2 days as well. I am on 50mg a day, seems easy enough to break through, right? Wrong. I did pretty much the whole half in one shot and STILL DIDN'T GET HIGH. I was shocked to say the least. So I am also just going to wait until I am completely off of 'done to try again. Well, hopefully I won't try again, but, ya know how it is. Anyways, I think 4-5 days would probably be enough time to be able to feel the FULL effects. I dunno though, I have definitely learned I am on some serious shit after that.

This past 5 years has been the first time I have ever been on Methadone. Obviously I have no experience with the after-effects of the Methadone on my tolerence following MMT. I know it will go down somewhat, although I'm kinda worried that it may not return to a reasonable level. I have heard other IV users that had completed MMT say that it would take anywhere from a few weeks to as much as a year before they were able to really get off again, and even then it wasn't the same some would say.

Will it even be possible for me to get as fucked up as I used to prior to MMT with any size dose or what?

well, today was my first day at the clinic. i got the initial 30mg dose. it put a smile on my face i noticed. i also noticed it made me a little sleepy while i was on the way home. but then i got real talkative and happy. and they are going to up me to 60mg so i'm hoping that that's going to take away the cravings and make me a happier person. it's just going to be a bitch remembering that saturday it's only open from 8-11am. but i'm pretty happy with the hours the rest of the week. and saturday i get a take home for sun. and they say if i'm being really good, i'll start getting take homes for both saturday and sunday. my parents have already told me if i keep this up, i can move back in with them. because they know if i'm living alone, i'm depressed and in hell and in turn i turn to drugs.

^ nice.. thats cool that its workin out for you. and i feel you on the parents part.. i was kicked out till i got clean on suboxone now i live wit my grandparents and am no longer an outcast of my family.. just dont come up dirty on too many drug tests so they dont kick you out. cuz remember if you get kicked out and have to resort to street drugs you probly wont be livin wit your parents anymore so it's a good idea to just stay straight on the methadone.. and if you take benzo's make sure you have a script and show them so if it shows up on a test they know its legit, not bought off the street. cuz for some reason even tho your going for opiate addiction most clinics still care if your abusing benzos for some reason even tho your not there to kick them... good luck wit everything.

yea, at my clinic they even test for alcohol. which is surprising, but i didn't get a counselor yet. but when i get one, i'm going to ask him/her if i'm not even allowed to drink. yeah, i plan on getting a benzo script sometime soon since i seem to do so well on diazepam. but this clinic is pretty good. and u don't have people in front of it trying to sell u stuff so u get tempted.

thats crazy... im on mm treatment and have been for 9 years. now if i get some decent dope ie philly dope as long as i shoot 4 or 5 bags i tend to get a decent nod.... its expensive though so i no longer do it.... been sticking to the ups.. by the way i take 190 mg a day

www.opiophile.com ...go to either the "methadone" forum or the "potentiators" forum. There's far more info on there than here. The only drawback is is that they are very selective about how gets to be a posting member. I gaurentee you though that every question that has ever been asked here has long been covered over there. I don't know how long they've existed, but they've definately been around longer than the DB and AD forums.

NCUK, I'm not going to judge what you do but I hope you're VERY careful with shooting up that much dope on top of your daily 'done. I don't care how long you've been using and how experienced you are. That shit is pure dangerzone. Methadone is such an insainly strong CNS depressant (and heroin is not?) that you won't even know you're dying from that last shot because like I've done far too many times, think that "I'm simply not high enough to OD." Yeah right. Just be careful, that's all. My thought is a little reminder never hurts, as we know how easily out of hand this shit can and does get. -pz

I was trying to find this answer but I couldn't so maybe someone here can help me with this. Can methadone be prescribed by a doctor, like pills not liquid for opiate addiction treatment in NY or is it a requirement to go to a clinic and get the liquid?

you have to find the right doctor to prescribe it for you. but that might be hard because it's illegal to write it for opiate addiction. but a doctor can prescribe it for pain.. so good luck finding the needle in a haystack.

Status
Not open for further replies.