• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool anybody else got anything? This is one pretty brilliant idea. I cant believe i never tried this forum thing before. The more advice i can get the better it will be for me to decide what to do.

Well let me give some perspective. I have been using opiates for years i dont that often anymore but my tolerance is pretty high. Te last time i used was last week and i did 3 bags of some decent H. I usually do like 3 bags or 3 40mg oxys or like 3-4 30mg roxy at a time some where around that. So how many of these 10-mg methadone would be like what im used to?

^ I suggest 20-30mg of methadone to begin with. If you don't feel like that's enough then take a little bit more. Be safe with this shit man, I've overdosed twice from methadone.

Thanks wiggi for looking out. I have overdosed on heroin twice but that was a long time ago. So i know what its like and its no fun thats why im doing me research. Gotta be safe. Cross your t's and dot your i's kinda thing.

well i think im gonna go ahead and take some i will check back in 2 hours and let u guys know. I have been reading alot of these forums and the one thing they seem to be missing is the result.

Make sure to start out small man. I'm not joking, it scares me to see people abuse methadone because it's such a dangerous drug.

I got it bro I'm gonna be as careful as one can be when using drugs recreationally. Also i only ave a total of seven of these things.

I think they are starting to kick in but I'm not sure i'll check back in a few.

Thanks again Wiggi for looking out. Its refreshing to see someone who seems genuinely concerned.
I know that when you've been there and done that its hard to not feel some compassion.

I have no clue what that means but be my guest. If you can tell me how to find it. Or whatever i have to do I'm new at this. Am i gonna be able to keep posting from where I'm at now.

No it will be merged with a hundred other methadone questions and answers.

I have no clue what that means but be my guest. If you can tell me how to find it. Or whatever i have to do I'm new at this. Am i gonna be able to keep posting from where I'm at now.

lol it's OK you're new. Welcome to Blue Light, I hope you like it here.

When I merge this thread into the Methadone Mega Thread, you can click the link to your thread "How long does methadone take to kick in?" and it will re-direct you to the Methadone Mega Thread where your thread will be.

I will leave the link there for a week so you can figure it out.

Hope that made sense.

Well the results are in> I took 4 10-mg methadone about an hour and a half ago and its a little weaker then i was hoping but Im still gonna wait it out a while before taking anything else. So the answer to my original question is it takes about 2 hours for u to feel the full effect of methadone pills. And at least in my case they are comparable to say a 40-mg oxy each. And now for some intelligent commentary. What i am doing is inherently stupid and dangerous. I have been using opiates for 10 plus years and i still put a great deal of thought into this because I have never tried methadone even though i have tried plenty of other opiates. My point is that this is nothing to fuck with. Your much better off just saying no to drugs. Everybody is built different. So there is no real way to give a good answer to the question of how much a person should use. What Im getting at is Wiggi is rite start slow. Thanks to everyone for their advice. You all were very helpful.

Well the results are in> I took 4 10-mg methadone about an hour and a half ago and its a little weaker then i was hoping but Im still gonna wait it out a while before taking anything else. So the answer to my original question is it takes about 2 hours for u to feel the full effect of methadone pills. And at least in my case they are comparable to say a 40-mg oxy each. And now for some intelligent commentary. What i am doing is inherently stupid and dangerous. I have been using opiates for 10 plus years and i still put a great deal of thought into this because I have never tried methadone even though i have tried plenty of other opiates. My point is that this is nothing to fuck with. Your much better off just saying no to drugs. Everybody is built different. So there is no real way to give a good answer to the question of how much a person should use. What Im getting at is Wiggi is rite start slow. Thanks to everyone for their advice. You all were very helpful.
No problem man.

If you want to quit using, there's always methadone clinics and Suboxone doctors out there waiting to help.

I hope you have a good time tonight, be safe.

It's awesome - we have had some and we couldn't manage more than 1g each - never had any so good - feel great day after to :)

Are you crazy?? Methadone is nothing to play around with, and to tell someone that it is only slightly stronger than Hydrocodone is beyond stupid. I am a methadone Maintenance patient, and the highest MG that is given on the first day for even a hardcore heroin addict like me is 35mg. Whoever is reading this persons post, 40mg can kill a non opiate tolerant person in a heartbeat. In fact, the 40mg tablets are no longer available to pain patients, only for maintenance. Please be careful with using this medication, especisally if you are using benzos or anyother medications like that. Methadone IMHO is not even a good recreational drug because it doesnt make a person high like other opiates. Hence, people OD because they don't feel anything. Again this is only MHO. But I am sticking to my guns concerning how deadly this drug can be when abused.

LillyF40

Because you're dead on.....

I did methadone for the first time yesterday. I did about 20 mgs. I'm wondering if I'd feel my normal hydro/oxy dose today, tomorrow, or would it be Saturday before I felt it?

^You should be able to feel it whenever, but it might feel a bit different. 20mg won't occupy all your receptors.

^In my opinion you wouldn't be able to feel it (hydrocodone/oxycodone) for about 48 hrs. after your last dose of methadone

Status
Not open for further replies.