• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Mega Thread and FAQ

Wat do you mean who says its impossible to IV heroin without tolerance I know many people who the first time they did opiates it was a shot of heroin not everyone starts with smoking it or snorting it some go right for the needle. IV will get you the most bang for your buck but snorting it is very effective if your snorting heroin salts the nasal cavity does a nice job of absorbing small lines of powdered HCL heroin

Since most uneducated people believe Heroin is by far the most dangerous drug there is. It doesn't help when noobies let some inconsiderate junkie mix up an unknown amount for their first time either.

Firstly can I point out my intro post

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ber-coming-off-heroin?p=12556770#post12556770

"Long time lurker and have found so much info over the years, great site"

I have just joined though to help a family member detox off heroin that he has been smoking for around 18 months.
We have decided to try a rapid detox and have subutex, lyrica and diazepam .
Not sure where the best place ton post for advice so any pointers greatly appreciated.
Think my starting point would be the heroin mega thread.
Anyway off for a read ."
End quote

Thought this would be the best place to start after reading the whole thread and finding a wealth of information and although greatly informative its a bit confusing esp for a non user.
Basically he has been staying with us for two weeks and has got down to £10 of gear a day , except a couple of days when it was rubbish so had to get another one.
Today at 6pm (gmt , 5 hours ago )was his last smoke and we plan to start the detox tomorrow and have
35 x 0.4mg subutex
10 x 10mg diazepam
28 x 150mg lyrica

This is the first proper detox he has went through so we are all flying blind and would appreciate any advice / help we can get .

Are you sure you don't mean 4mg subutex instead of .4mg?

If he has any type of benzo tolerance, the diazepam may be useless in my example:

If they are 4mg i would (depending on his tolerance)..

For 2 weeks do-
Try 2mg subutex 2xday.. be sure to wait until he is in full blown wd to start.
Also take 1 lyrica/ day preferably at bedtime
Save diazepam for after lyrica is gone

For 2 weeks do-
2mg subutex 2xday
1 lyrica at bedtime still

3rd week-
1mg subutex 2xday
Add 5mg diazepam at bedtime

5th week and until out of diazepam
.5mg subutex 2x day
5mg diazepam

After that, change to .5mg subutex 1x day until you are out.

It will be rough, especially towards the end.. but that is the best i can think of off the top of my head (my mind is scrambled ATM)

-HOOD

(i hope i counted the pills right, if i made a mistake- someone please fix it to the best of their ability)

Are you sure you don't mean 4mg subutex instead of .4mg?

If he has any type of benzo tolerance, the diazepam may be useless in my example:

If they are 4mg i would (depending on his tolerance)..

For 2 weeks do-
Try 2mg subutex 2xday.. be sure to wait until he is in full blown wd to start.
Also take 1 lyrica/ day preferably at bedtime
Save diazepam for after lyrica is gone

For 2 weeks do-
2mg subutex 2xday
1 lyrica at bedtime still

3rd week-
1mg subutex 2xday
Add 5mg diazepam at bedtime

5th week and until out of diazepam
.5mg subutex 2x day
5mg diazepam

After that, change to .5mg subutex 1x day until you are out.

It will be rough, especially towards the end.. but that is the best i can think of off the top of my head (my mind is scrambled ATM)

-HOOD

(i hope i counted the pills right, if i made a mistake- someone please fix it to the best of their ability)

yes def 0.4mg subs mate, thats why we were given 35 , totals 14mg

Oh shit.. forget what i said then. Sorry for the bad advice. Would have probably worked too.
Hmm, what about..

using them 2xday for 1 week = 14 of them
half 2xday day for 2 weeks = 14 more
half 1xday 2 weeks = 7
That totals 35 of them.

And with the other meds try to keep the same plan as i noted in the previous post.

Best of luck <3

-HOOD

Anyone know if opiates have anything to do with wet dreams? Lol, I've had 2 of em recently, and have never had any my whole life till recently... Been on dope the past 2 years.

I get them in wds sometimes. It's embarrassing I'm 26 lol.. could also have to do with the fact i haven't had pussy since 07 because me and my ex (with whom i have two kids with) split and i can't seem to "move on".

^^ from opiates??? Lol nope but I have gotten them a couple times from not ejaculating for over a month it sucks waking up and finding your pants are all stuck together haha grossss. Can't say I've ever heard opiates being the culprit before I always thought they decrease sex drive too much and make it harder to ejaculate.

Dam HOOD I feel for you no pussy since 07 that must be a little mind boggling to say out loud eh? Oh well give it time when you least expect it someone will come along and make you feel complete. Me I stick with hookers haha Just Kidding.(mabye lol)

Yea, I'm 21 and I've never had that happen till recently... I think both times it was when I was in w/ds like Hdouble said. I dunno, just surprised me lol, was like "Wait, how the fuck did this happen?!"

If I tried Heroin once, as a life experience, how tempted would I feel to try it again?

It's because of the decreased sex drive while using opiates that when in wds in my theory it comes back to higher levels than you are used to from being on opiates causing either dreams where you're having sex etc and when you bust a nut in your dreams you bust a nut IRL. And in my case i go as long as i can without masturbating i hate the guilty feeling i get after i do it, but since i haven't gotten any pussy in 7ish years, i gotta blow a wad sometime. I went from daily sex to nothing literally overnight.
(reminds me Nightmare On Elm Street "when you die in your sleep you die in real life" lol)

But i find it common for me even to get embarrassing erections for no reason at all when in wd. Reminds me of middle school-
Teacher: "Will you come show your work on the chalkboard for the class for how you got that answer"
Kid in class with a puberty erection: "No"
Teacher: "Come on don't be shy"
Kid: "I can't go up there I have a headache"
Teacher: "Oh you do? Go see the nurse"
Kid: "Ok ill go in a minute" (waits for his Pedro to calm the hell down from the hot girl he's sitting next to in the math class)
haha.

Ok well now that we've covered that.
Here's something off topic but i wanna share with you guys.
-I have always wanted to meet a girl named Sharon in a club or at a party
I wanna get in a group of people with her and say, "i gotta get laid tonight, who's sharin'?"
She will raise her hand and say "Im Sharon" and i will accomplish my goal of always wanting to pull that off.

-HOOD

If I tried Heroin once, as a life experience, how tempted would I feel to try it again?

Depends on personal taste and whether you like it or not.
After my first time with opiates i was like "damn that felt good" and never thought about doing it again but always remembered it.
Then when i got my first OC 80 and blew half of it i said im saving the other half for tomorrow and figuring out ways to get enough money to get more.
After YEARS of that and tolerance increase, finally turned to heroin (cheaper more bang for buck) so i was already an addict before heroin.. tough call.

I'm 7 days off Heroin, tapered down smoking it… I was having withdrawals during the taper in itself. It was immensely difficult. I should have just switched to subs, instead of taking them later then sooner.
I wouldn't introduce the valium until your friend's last use. It can really lower inhibitions as well another cns combined with H isn't a good idea. I used some subs then methadone after the Heroin, tapered on those for 4 days, then introduced Lyrica right when the methadone started to wear off, then xanax at night. Of course a longer acting benzo is better… I now have to get off the Lyrica.

Using benzos to come off of heroin can be dangerous. Many cities have ER programs that will do this for you without revealing who a patient is. Seems less dangerous.

I've seen a lot of negative comments about Lyrica. It irks me a bit that it's still advertised so freely for Fibromyalgia.

I think that perception comes from the media, and I mean all media. Books, movies, and the worst (I won't bother watching it), the local news.

All drugs are dangerous when used improperly. Dry dog food is dangerous to humans when used improperly!

Also, I've met people who had been doing heroin for years, but lost everything after trying crack.

On a personal note, someone close to me has used crack for a few years now and is serving time for bad decisions made on that. I've honestly wished that if it had to be something heavy, it would have been heroin instead.

The memory of William S. Burroughs is something I look upon fondly and his writing keeps my mind jumping! I've seen so many documentaries that focus as much on his heroin use. Boring. The media romanticizes it, then demonizes it.

It's something that most people haven't tried, mostly out of fear. That makes it "mysterious" to them, furthering the danger idea.

The last time I was around it, I agreed to hold a mirror up for someone who was supposedly trying to hit a vein in their neck. A person's arms become a little uncomfortable after five minutes. I haven't bothered thinking about it again until I saw this megathread. I won't do it again because of preference, not the mirror.

Anyway, if people are going to do it, it should be with someone who knows what they're doing, just like anything else.

I believe heroin is a drug that people either fall in love with or don't. It is in no way the most addictive drug out there. I'm not going to throw out a list of drugs that will addict someone faster.

That needle in the neck still makes me nauseous, though! Five minutes.

I never felt like I chased heroin, but there are hundreds of drugs where the chase never stops. That's dangerous.

waiting for the dope in the mail..

been here 3 weeks and looked a little bit for dope and couldn't find it so I finally called some people at home and sent him money..

I could always try the bluff which is wherei hear to go but im not in the mood to go cold cop in the hood..its not like its Chicago and I know my way in and out and how to get around

Although this question gets asked a lot it's quite an interesting one, and people seem to be split about whether the answer is that you'd be tempted or not.

In actual reality in most cases I've witnessed (and this goes for all strong opiates not specifically just heroin), people aren't tempted to re-use their first time(s) with opiates. They enjoy themselves, have a great time, but usually don't see what all the fuss is about and where all the hype and addiction comes from.

The thing is, that's what happens at first, but in most of those cases, due to the lack of any cravings or temptation the first time(s) they use, sooner or later they decide it's okay to use opiates occasionally, since they didn't experience any temptation the first time - why would they now?

So they use here and there, and sure enough, no real temptation, maybe once in a while they really want to be high on opiates, but it's not like something they don't have any control over - so they get by dosing here and there, maybe once a week. Sometimes twice a week. Then maybe here and there three or four times a week.

After a while they just don't get how they've used opiates for quite a while and yet aren't addicted, I mean they're almost using them every day, with no problems right? So they up their use a little, every other day, maybe even every day, and even weeks of this doesn't seem to give them any crazy cravings or anything - so why is everyone so fussed about heroin.. right?

Well after a few weeks they figure maybe they have been using the opiates a bit too much, they decide to cut down, take a little break. They figure they'll have one more time first though. After that time, they wake up the next morning, and something happens to upset them, so once again, to the opiates. They remember shortly after that they wanted to take a break, so they swear they'll do it the next day.

The next day becomes the next becomes the next and soon when they're really trying to stop they find it near impossible, crippling withdrawal symptoms, cravings, suddenly something that was an innocent pass-time has become something they seemingly can't live without. When did it happen? In their mind they probably can't even remember the date it happened, it just seemed like they went from no problems to addiction overnight, when in fact it was a slow process that the seeming lack of addiction at first helped to facilitate.

Some of the details will vary but I'm willing to bet most people in this thread can attest that my post is fairly accurate in terms of what most opiate users experience with their use. It's how it went for me, and many others here. It's how it'd probably go for you.

Make of that what you will, but be careful. :) They creep up on you.

A friend just linked me a really good video that basically says the same thing as me but sums it up maybe a little better, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9huWlXFA1s

Last edited: