• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Mega Thread and FAQ

Well, first, smoking is going to be more intense than snorting. Both have about an equal risk (smoking might even be a little higher) of ODing. Like I said in the beginning, it's a misconception that smoking is less dangerous because of the theory that "youll pass out before you can OD." The truth is, respiratory depression can set in BEFORE you start nodding out, so taht when you do nod out, you may stop breathing.

That risk is there with any route of administration, though.

As long as you start with small doses and gradually work your way up to where you feel the desired effects, you'll be okay with any route.

As for the light bulb vaporizer, I imagine it would work. I don't see why it wouldnt. I have very very little experience (read: none what-so-ever) with smoking heroin, so I can't tell you which way is the best way to do it.

Lightbulb = :\
I've never done it with powder, it should work provided what you have is decently pure. The problem is that it gunks up the bulb rather fast.
I tried smoking tar (way more excess BS than powder) in a lightbulb and it clogged it up with so much shit that I would have had to use a pack of bulbs to get high.
You having a lower tolerance (first time) it should be fine. By the time it gets all dirty and gross, you will already be nice and high, since it won't take you much (unless this is your first time with heroin BUT you have a tolerance from other opioids).

I prefer foil. But like you said, if don't have the technique down yet, it will result in a lot of waste.

Now I read your post again and it seems obvious that you have powder, so I would just snort it. A tiny bump at a time.

Question regarding smoking via foil...

My 5 years of smoking have seemed to suggest that the purer the diesel, the less crusty, flaky residue that remains on the top side of the foil after burning/smoking.

While I was smoking regularly, I basically used 2 or 3 stamp brands exclusively, as they were almost always available and almost always very potent. My experience with these particular brands indicated to me that the cleaner the dope, the less flakey, dirty surface-level residue would appear after burning. The really good (purer?) stuff would turn into some sort of oil/liquid, and immediately burn off and get sucked up my pen and into my lungs... Leaving behind nothing more than a dark, flat and dry stain. The less-than-pure diesel would almost invariably leave a near-black, crusty, cake of carbon ash-like flakey residue... Which, I assume, must be the byproduct of burning the cut/additives in the drug, which don't completely melt and efficiently burn off, unlike the purer forms of the drug.

Anyone willing to explain, defend or debunk this...?

dnaenterprises1@ya said:
Great thread. In Australia some people call syringes "freshies", especially if asking for a clean, unused syringe. In .

HAH I've used this term for years, and I live in the US!! That's funny..

As far as smoking it goes, my feeling is that it largely depends on the type of heroin we're dealing with, as mentioned..

Long story short, the greyish-powdered heroin prevalent on the east-coast of the US hasn'tt satisfied me in the same way insufflating it has, but that's just my personal observation. obviously I gravitated towards the most efficient mode of administration: ie: IV.... :\

_Good To Be Back!!

johanneschimpo said:
Lightbulb = :\
I've never done it with powder, it should work provided what you have is decently pure. The problem is that it gunks up the bulb rather fast.
I tried smoking tar (way more excess BS than powder) in a lightbulb and it clogged it up with so much shit that I would have had to use a pack of bulbs to get high.
You having a lower tolerance (first time) it should be fine. By the time it gets all dirty and gross, you will already be nice and high, since it won't take you much (unless this is your first time with heroin BUT you have a tolerance from other opioids).

I prefer foil. But like you said, if don't have the technique down yet, it will result in a lot of waste.

Now I read your post again and it seems obvious that you have powder, so I would just snort it. A tiny bump at a time.

Yeah, it's white powder, fairly sure it's relatively pure.

I guess I'll just snort it.

In Alabama if you don't use heat you won't get any effect at all. Most of our product is a dirty white color that separates into a brown and off white when heated. Draw that through the filter and the brown goes in the pin and the off white stays put. Of course we have the weakest shit in AMERICA. One day, someone will realize this and i bet they make millions the first six months.

add 'brown' for the uk

good thread, although you should say the best way to avoid addiction is to not use at all, rather than use 3 days a week lol

NJ2NYC2NJ said:
Question regarding smoking via foil...

My 5 years of smoking have seemed to suggest that the purer the diesel, the less crusty, flaky residue that remains on the top side of the foil after burning/smoking.

While I was smoking regularly, I basically used 2 or 3 stamp brands exclusively, as they were almost always available and almost always very potent. My experience with these particular brands indicated to me that the cleaner the dope, the less flakey, dirty surface-level residue would appear after burning. The really good (purer?) stuff would turn into some sort of oil/liquid, and immediately burn off and get sucked up my pen and into my lungs... Leaving behind nothing more than a dark, flat and dry stain. The less-than-pure diesel would almost invariably leave a near-black, crusty, cake of carbon ash-like flakey residue... Which, I assume, must be the byproduct of burning the cut/additives in the drug, which don't completely melt and efficiently burn off, unlike the purer forms of the drug.

Anyone willing to explain, defend or debunk this...?

glad to hear that cuz when i smoke all i get is a dark resinous looking line down the middle of the foil and when i touch it is hard and smooth.

what does everyone think about the effectiveness/efficiency of smoking heroin versus snorting it? i have very pure powder heroin and i want to get the most bang for my buck... plugging is also an option but i want to know what the general consensus is between smoking/snorting.

^ well since no one responded yet ill post my results... instead of snorting two bags of dope i smoked it all. VERY disappointed. wish i had plugged 1 & 1/2 bags and sniffed the other 1/2. i would be MUCH higher now i think...

[edit] its 10 minutes later and the high is creeping....definitely higher than i was right after smoking (when i expected to peak) still haven't peaked yet...

Last edited:
ive been using for a long time but i dont know if you can leave it sitting in your spike overnight or 2 days or so. will it kill it or should it be fine? thank you. love it and hate it :-#. peace.

by the way if someone is reading this that already posted something. yes you can use used ones. i rarely clean them but i should start making it a habit. its hard to go out and grab a few.

donethat said:
ive been using for a long time but i dont know if you can leave it sitting in your spike overnight or 2 days or so. will it kill it or should it be fine? thank you. love it and hate it :-#. peace.

by the way if someone is reading this that already posted something. yes you can use used ones. i rarely clean them but i should start making it a habit. its hard to go out and grab a few.

the way I heard it was that after so many hours the H will turn to morphine, But I dont know how long:\

^ Correct. At about 24 hours, the diacetylmorphine will be pretty much just morphine, with some acetic acid (vinegar) now included in the mix.

A day or two and I'm pretty sure it will have mostly converted to morphine; you'll get the pins and needles feeling.
More so than the dope getting weaker ( which is terrible, don't get me wrong:( ) I'd worry about bacterial growth in the solution. I'm not sure what the timeline is for that, if you just leave it sitting out, but I suppose you could put it in the fridge to slow that growth (or perhaps use alcohol or other things).

Basically the thing is why do you have to prepare it a day or two ahead of time? It literally takes only 2-3 minutes from start to having it in your arm, so why not just prep your shots right before you use them?

edit: beaten to it!

Last edited:
Here in St. Louis, heroin HCL comes in capsules which are called "buttons".

Curious, what is the method used for taking heroin rectally?

^ Mix it up like you would for IV, only the syringe (take the needle off first) goes up your butt instead of in your vein. Literally, thats all there is to it.

UYB, up your bum, workers have been trying to promote this for years, still havent met anyone who has tried it.
I havent the viens left to be injecting, done them in banging up temezpam and crap when I was a young fella. I personally love the foil and all the rituals there in.
looking back at my IV days, I would have used a dirty puddle if I couldnt get water anywhere else. I would prefer bottled and then tapped but for the most part it was a mate grabbing a cup of water from the kitchen or toilet sink, then we would all dig in. Probably the reason we all got Hep c

If you're going to do heroin, try not to do it more than once a week.
I never thought I'd get addicted... I never got hooked on anything, despite trying everything from cigarettes to crack. Heroin, though, it just slowly reeled me in over the course of a couple of years... And before I knew it, it was a wrap. Done deal... I needed a hit as soon as I woke up, once more before leaving for work, once upon arriving to work, some more at lunch break, another afternoon hit, a final workday hit before i left the office, and then as soon as i got back to my apartment it was one long session of sending myself into Warm Fuzzy Blanket Land. Totally fucked myself up, and quickly.

Honestly, I am SO glad I never gathered the courage to try intravenous use... Because it only would've made me completely fuck my life up much sooner than I had with smoking it instead. Which is not to say that smoking a bundle a day (10 bags - ~ 1 gram) of consistently potent dope won't fuck your life up (and quickly empty your wallet) and make quitting very difficult, but it simply would've been so much more destructive had I been IV'ing... Not to mention how much more difficult it would've been to try to quit.

NJ2NYC2NJ said:
If you're going to do heroin, try not to do it more than once a week.
I never thought I'd get addicted... I never got hooked on anything, despite trying everything from cigarettes to crack. Heroin, though, it just slowly reeled me in over the course of a couple of years... And before I knew it, it was a wrap. Done deal... I needed a hit as soon as I woke up, once more before leaving for work, once upon arriving to work, some more at lunch break, another afternoon hit, a final workday hit before i left the office, and then as soon as i got back to my apartment it was one long session of sending myself into Warm Fuzzy Blanket Land. Totally fucked myself up, and quickly.

Honestly, I am SO glad I never gathered the courage to try intravenous use... Because it only would've made me completely fuck my life up much sooner than I had with smoking it instead. Which is not to say that smoking a bundle a day (10 bags - ~ 1 gram) of consistently potent dope won't fuck your life up (and quickly empty your wallet) and make quitting very difficult, but it simply would've been so much more destructive had I been IV'ing... Not to mention how much more difficult it would've been to try to quit.

right up dude. its some of the most destructive shit on the planet...how about you just start chewing plutonium bars and drinking cyenide

and by the way guys. it wasnt bad. mine donestn smell like vinigar. its fantastic. but it used to be better. so syrupy after heatin it a little oh damn

calling all TAR heads!

okay...there are many different types of tar with various consistancy

black glassy dense rockky that can be mashed and sharded together...burns fast
play dough like more of bread crumb consistency..drips slow
gummy gooey picked apart stringy gum like..drips very fast dark ash trail

the stuff you can tell was powderish rocky then huffed heated and and turned into a tar rock much like hash. tar tar.

then the cutting agents... lactose, vinegar, liquid, brown sugar, codeine, quinine, iodine,..not too familiar with this but bleachy, chemcical likish where the trail evaporates as you smoke.

redish tarils, orangy tarils, dark trails, evaporated trails and residual resin like trail

MY QUESTION TO THE TRUE TAR HEADS: is their an overwhelming consensus that a certain type of tar is better than another type of tar...????

im smoked everything..i think they all taste like shit but the glassy or powder rock seems to be the best high 4 the money..&..the evaporated liquid vinegar shit is the worst.

I just want to know if anybody has more info than i do on this subject. maybe a mega thread? poll? is there a FAQ or article on how tar is actually processed, cut, and produced???i want to know. thank you.

fuck the phillies....