• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Mega Thread and FAQ

preparing base heroin, first time

ive searched here, but i couldnt find a definitive answer

firstly, how do you go about preparing the shot? i know you need acid, im hoping an exchange would provide that.

secondly, how do you measure the amount of the shot? this would be my first time doing heroin, peroid, but i have an oxy tolerance of about 120 mgs. ive already made up my mind on the route of administration, thank you. any help would be very appreciated..

Heroin base? never heard of it, I only get tar and white powder here in Los Angeles. Anyways, Acid? WTF do you need acid for? With tar and powder u just add a little water, heat it up, suck it up, shoot it up. Quick and easy.

^ Because the base is insoluble and you have to salt it to make it water soluble for injection.

I'm going to merge this into the heroin mega thread, where I believe there may even be answers to this already...

ETA: crimsonghost, see the first post of this thread for info on base heroin, #3.

Bluecap: Exchanges should provide the acid you need to do this, you mix it with water I believe and then dissolve the heroin in that.

As for your second question, there is no way way to gage purity. Well, maybe if you work in a lab...

Mr Blonde said:
^ Because the base is insoluble and you have to salt it to make it water soluble for injection.

I'm going to merge this into the heroin mega thread, where I believe there may even be answers to this already...

ETA: crimsonghost, see the first post of this thread for info on base heroin, #3.

Bluecap: Exchanges should provide the acid you need to do this, you mix it with water I believe and then dissolve the heroin in that.

As for your second question, there is no way way to gage purity. Well, maybe if you work in a lab...

my question wasnt answered here, but it was ASKED twice.and im in a foreign country so the exchange wouldnt be as helpful

and i was just wondering generally, regarding dosing. because someone told me id need a jewelry scale

Flexistentialist said:
Bottled water can contain more bacteria and other minerals than tap water does, in most developed countries. If you can't access sterile water, you should use boiled tap water.

Key word being can. If you are actually trying to say that tap water is cleaner than every bottle of water on the market, then you're sadly mistaken.

I don't even know why I'm trying to explain this to you. You have to bitch about something any of the OD mods do and dont really even deserve a response from any of us.

A regular heroin user is going to use tap water. Since most bottled water is cleaner, I suggested they use that instead. Think about your average heroin user and what he has immediate, convenient access to. The three items I pointed out are the most common to come across, and I placed them in the order of cleanest to not-so-clean. You know that, but as usual, you have to complain about something.

I have heard different stories on the need to actually heat up powder/east coast heroin.

On one hand I've heard it dissolves more of the heroin into the water. I've also heard that since heroin is water soluble, heating doesn't matter and really all you might be doing is dissovling more of the cut into it.

Which is correct?

I read this board a lot and trust what most of these guys have to say and as far as I understand, you do not have to heat up east coast powdered dope.

For the most part, I never heat up a shot of dope and I'm on the east coast. The only time I would heat up a shot of dope is when the solution looks sort of a brown milky substance. Then I will add some heat to separate some of the cut and give me a clearer solution.

sixpartseven said:
Key word being can. If you are actually trying to say that tap water is cleaner than every bottle of water on the market, then you're sadly mistaken.

I don't even know why I'm trying to explain this to you. You have to bitch about something any of the OD mods do and dont really even deserve a response from any of us.

A regular heroin user is going to use tap water. Since most bottled water is cleaner, I suggested they use that instead. Think about your average heroin user and what he has immediate, convenient access to. The three items I pointed out are the most common to come across, and I placed them in the order of cleanest to not-so-clean. You know that, but as usual, you have to complain about something.

There's plenty of research around comparing bacteria levels in bottled water with that of tap water. The majority of this research has found higher levels of bacteria in bottled water than in tap water. There is also some evidence of dangerously high levels of other minerals in some brands of bottled water.

Rather than getting upset and offended that I've pointed out a mistake, why don't you have a read of the research that's out there. If you are saying that "most" bottled water is safer than tap water to inject, find a reference to support that.

Here's some that have found higher levels of bacteria in bottled water than in tap water:

James A. Lalumandier, Leona W. Ayers,
(2000) "Fluoride and Bacterial Content of Bottled Water vs Tap Water" Arch Fam Med. 2000;9:246-250.

Edberg, S. C. Gallo, P. Kontnick, C. "Analysis of the Virulence Characteristics of Bacteria Isolated from Bottled, Water Cooler, and Tap Water" in Microbial Ecology in Health and Disease

Last edited:
^ So you think people should use tap water? You're entitled to your opinion, thats cool. But I don't think thats what you believe, you just want to cause some drama like always.

The truth is that people should use bottled water; the only option better than that is sterile water from a needle exchange, but not everyone has access to one.

^ Do you have a reference supporting that? The research shows that in the majority of cases, for someone living in the developed world, tap water contains less bacteria than bottled water. There are some exceptions to this, where local water quality is poor, but in most developed countries this is not the case.

Read the research, we don't have to just make stuff up.

Flexistentialist said:
Read the research, we don't have to just make stuff up.

Maybe you should read the research, starting with the ones you referenced:

(2000) "Fluoride and Bacterial Content of Bottled Water vs Tap Water" Arch Fam Med. 2000;9:246-250.

Flawed.

-Only 15 of the 50 bottled water samples contained a higher Bacterial content than the sample of tap water with the lowest Bacterial content.

-Around 75% of the bottled water samples had only one-tenth the bacterial content as even the lowest of the 4 samples of tap water.

-They only took 4 samples of tap water as opposed to 50 bottled water, and they took them straight from the treatment plants. I doubt the bacterial and contamination levels are even close to the same once they've travelled miles through lead pipes to your faucet. Their samples don't even qualify as "tap" water.

-The tap water samples were taken from a single city in Ohio, which according to the EWG only exhibits 92 out of the 260 contaminants found in tap water supplies across the Nation. Ohio has less tap water contamination than 85% of the states in the country.

-Bottled Water? The latest study conducted over the course of 4 years on bottled water from the 10 top suppliers found only 38 contaminants between them all. They stopped testing on 8 out of the 10 brands because no contaminants of concern were found.

Edberg, S. C. Gallo, P. Kontnick, C. "Analysis of the Virulence Characteristics of Bacteria Isolated from Bottled, Water Cooler, and Tap Water" in Microbial Ecology in Health and Disease

Maybe you could summarize this one up for us. I tried to read it but you need an active subscription to The International Journal of Food Microbiology to access the study, which, obviously, you have since you've read the article.

Flexistentialist said:
There's plenty of research around comparing bacteria levels in bottled water with that of tap water. The majority of this research has found higher levels of bacteria in bottled water than in tap water. There is also some evidence of dangerously high levels of other minerals in some brands of bottled water.

Rather than getting upset and offended that I've pointed out a mistake, why don't you have a read of the research that's out there. If you are saying that "most" bottled water is safer than tap water to inject, find a reference to support that.

Here's some that have found higher levels of bacteria in bottled water than in tap water:

No need to find a reference, looks like you did it for me lol.

Plus, I wasn't upset. You and I both know what you said is not completely true, you just like to point shit out like that whenever any of us Mods say anything. Why you do that, I don't know, but at least next time, make sure your sources back up your claims instead of mine.

GM said:
-Around 75% of the bottled water samples had only one-tenth the bacterial content as even the lowest of the 4 samples of tap water.

I'd call that most.

Last edited:
I found those articles witha 20 second google search. Here's some more:

"HIGH LEVELS" OF BACTERIA FOUND IN BOTTLED MINERAL WATER: STUDY
Donald Kaye. Clinical Infectious Diseases. Chicago: Dec 15, 2004. Vol. 39, Iss. 12; pg. III, 2 pgs

Abstract (Summary)
Bottled mineral water, generally considered more pure than tap water, is often contaminated with bacteria and fungi, a researcher warned in a report to the 44th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, a meeting of the American Society for Microbiology. To determine the risk of infection from bottled water, Dr Rocus R. Klont and colleagues looked for bacterial and fungal contamination in 68 commercial mineral waters, 1tap water, and 1 water sample from a natural well from 9 European and 7 non-European countries.

Oie S, Matsuzaka Y, Kiyonaga H, Maeda K, Kamiya A. (2008) Microbiological safety of bottled mineral water in patients susceptible to infections. 2008 Aug;49(4):308-10.

Found Japanese samples to be safe, however a decent percentage of North American and European samples were contaminated.

Legionella pneumophila in commercial bottled mineral water. Klont RR, Rijs AJ, Warris A, Sturm PD, Melchers WJ, Verweij PE. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2006 Jun;47(1):42-4.

Title speaks for itself.

Here's an article from the most recent www.thelancet.com/infection

Bottled water and bacteria
Vol 8 October 2008

Buyers of bottled water, mistakenly believing it “greener” and safer than the tap variety, have had a terrible shock recently. Suddenly, the packaging and long-distance transportation of mineral water in plastic or glass has been
recognised as environmentally barmy. Journalists reporting the volte-face have also been pointing out that the product is nothing like as pristine as its purveyors claim. It contains large numbers of bacteria.

It’s now two decades since the first detailed demonstration of high bacterial counts in bottled water. One study of 58 diff erent samples revealed not only
levels exceeding the European advisory level in water for human consumption but also the presence of specific organisms such as Staphylococcus pidermidis, indicating contamination by human skin scales (Hunter PR, Burge SH, Epidemiol Infect 1987; 99: 439).

The environmental case against bottled water is unanswerable—but how concerned should we be about the microbial load? Speaking at a recent Society for Applied Microbiology conference in Belfast (July 7–10), Gilbert
Lamothe of the Nestle Quality Assurance Centre at Vittel in France provided enlightening perspective. He pointed out that, within the European Union, natural mineral water cannot be disinfected and comes from underground
sources not vulnerable to microbial contamination.

Enforcement of appropriate standards ensures that bottled mineral water is distinct from other categories of water “which can be of various origins and may undergo extensive treatments for potabilisation”, Lamothe said.
“The absence of bactericidal measures and the extended shelf-life of bottled water containers largely explain the high level of heterotrophic plate counts commonly found in bottled waters.”

Lamothe cited evidence that the high counts did not pose any health problem for the general population. He then made a stronger statement. He said that there had been no known case, let alone outbreak, of infection attributable to
the consumption of bottled mineral water. This was an interesting claim. One reason it was interesting was because, laid out next-door to the conference room, in a display of journals and laboratory equipment, was a pile of reprints of a paper published this year entitled “An outbreak of hospital-acquired
Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection caused by contaminated bottled water in intensive care units”. The authors of the report (Clin Microbiol Infect 2008; 14: 454) were Tim Eckmanns and colleagues at the Robert Koch Institute (Berlin, Germany) and other centres in Berlin.

The outbreak occurred in six diff erent intensive care units in Berlin, the organism being identifi ed by amplified fragment-length polymorphism and pulsed-fi eld gel electrophoresis. Clinical specimens from 15 infected and four colonised patients yielded the same P aeruginosa strain. Over 100 environmental samples showed the organism, but only the isolate from an unopened bottle of still water was genetically identical with that from the patients.

Discussing the implications of their fi ndings, the investigators recommended that “all untested bottled still water be removed from intensive care units”. It should be replaced by sterile bottled water or fi ltered tap water. Eckmanns and his collaborators are concerned that guidelines regarding sterile water in intensive care units are being fl outed. Such guidelines state, for example, that
transplant patients should use sterile water for drinking and oral hygiene.

In practice, however, patients often drink bottled still water, which is also used to prepare medications given via nasogastric tubes. Once they were aware of their results, the investigators removed all commercially available bottled still water from all six intensive care units. The numbers of infections and colonisations then began to decline, and had done so signifi cantly by 2 weeks after they were fi rst noted. The types of infections and colonisations in the lungs that constituted the outbreak were probably caused by transmission of P aeruginosa through aspiration and/or microaspiration from the oropharynx, though the organism can also be transmitted from stomach to lungs when drugs are prepared and given with the contaminated bottled still water via asogastric tubes.

These are disquieting findings, are they not?

What's your point? Nobody is saying that bottled water doesn't contain contaminants, or even more contaminants than the bottled water companies claim. The point is that tap water contains far more that are far more hazardous to one's health.

We've had a few members complain recently that people were spreading misinformation in this forum. In an attempt to stem that I'm going to have to ask you to actually review your references before posting them to make sure that you're not contributing to that problem by posting googled study titles that you've never read.

Yeah, that study doesn't really prove your argument either. It doesn't show any statistics, no results, it just cites an outbreak of infection in Europe. That doesn't mean anything. Most of all, it doesn't show tap water being safer than bottled water.

GM summed it up. No one ever said bottled water was completely clean. All we said is it's safer than tap water, which is true, and you can use Google till the day you die, it won't change that.

Great thread. In Australia some people call syringes "freshies", especially if asking for a clean, unused syringe. In Australia we can pick up as many clean syringes as you want, I get boxes of 100 Terumo insulin syringes, boxes of alcohol swabs and 5 or 10ml water ampules. If I don't have sterile water I'll use bottled water over tap water if I'm not at home, but at home I use filtered boiled water. I normally use a little heat to mix up, but I normally put up to half a gram in 1ml.

^ I'm from Oz as well, when a friend used to pick up syringes he'd call them that as well or 'weapons'... confused the hell out of me the first time he asked if I needed one!

thinking of using a light bulb vape for my first time, good idea? bad idea? would it even work?

I don't want to lose massive amounts smoking it off tin foil and i don't want to die snorting it