• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Itchy=good Heroin

thugpassion

Bluelighter
The itchier the better. Some people say they dont care for the itch you get when you shoot heroin, but I love it.

I think that you can tell how good dope is somewhat by how itchy it makes you. I love it when you shoot in your hand for example and you can feel the super itchy feeling on your scalp and down to your toes, I think this is what people call a histimine reaction like when you get a rash spread on your body.

Iv also heard that its the morphine more than it is heroin that produces the itch feeling, Im not really sure having never shot any morphine but is that true. Im also talking tar heroin here so I know it containes more unbroken down shit than say true #4heroin, but what ever it is morphine, codine, or idduno I love the shit the itchier the better.

It would disapointing if you didnt get that intense itch right off the bat when you get a good shot, thats how you know you got a goodshot the second you take it and not twenty minutes later when you nod off. Is that how eastcoast and asain dope is? you just nod off, no intense itch all over.

^ I'm in CA, as I'm sure you know. My only experience with powder is what I got from the 'nard from my normal tar guy, about two years ago. I would say that it lacked all the depth of good tar. Just like you said, nod but no itch. Didn't last as long, and didn't have the same dreaminess/apathetic feelings as tar. Just not as good!!!

Of course, I'm only comparing one "batch" of powder, but I had it more than one time. I had it several times over a two month period before the guy ran out. I don't know if its representative of all powder, but thats my experience.

I definitely prefer tar though. When I would hit the guy up, I'd usually get both, a gram or two of powder and about half a gram of powder. Combining them both made it much better, gave the powder the depth it was lacking.

^ I agree.
thugpassion said:
The itchier the better. Some people say they dont care for the itch you get when you shoot heroin, but I love it.

I think that you can tell how good dope is somewhat by how itchy it makes you. I love it when you shoot in your hand for example and you can feel the super itchy feeling on your scalp and down to your toes, I think this is what people call a histimine reaction like when you get a rash spread on your body.
It seems to me that if you get really good skag you're likely going to itch, but not vice versa. I've had experiences where I've been right itchy but not very high. I reckon that certain cuts might trigger histamine reactions.
thugpassion said:
It would disapointing if you didnt get that intense itch right off the bat when you get a good shot, thats how you know you got a goodshot the second you take it and not twenty minutes later when you nod off.Is that how eastcoast and asain dope is? you just nod off, no intense itch all over.
Hmm... I shoot east coast powder and I can usually tell if I get a good shot about 30 seconds in when my eyes roll back and my face hits my desk ;). While I always feel a slight itch, only a certain few batches have made me feel that wonderful/awful full body itch that doesn't even spare my internal organs.

I've shot Morphine 30's and never got the itchies. It's weird because I had always been told by tar users that morphine is what causes itchiness after a shot. Obviously tar is far more powerful than 30's but I would think the 30's would produce that effect especially at some pretty high doses.
As far as powder versus tar, I've shot both and can tell you that tar produces the itchy side effect a lot more often than East Coast dope IME. With powder it seems like it has less to do with the potency than with tar for some reason.

I love the itch. I dont think it has anything to do with the potency of the heroin though. Ive had severe itching from dope that didnt provide as good of euphoria as other dope that gave me less of an itch. Then again, when I have H that is beyond good, the itch can be overwhelming, so there is no way to use it as a ruler for measuring quality.

JC: Powder has the same qualities you say you looked for in tar. Im guessing the powder you had just wasnt very good.

It was good potency wise - it took much less powder than tar to get well or to achieve a similar high, it just didn't feel the same to me. And I know it was in fact heroin. It was off-white/brown, and I would be able to tell the difference between heroin and fentanyl/oxy/etc. Unless it was some rare analogue that was clandestinely synthesized in a laboratory. But I doubt that.

I wish people who have extensive experience with both west coast tar and east coast powder would chime in. I'm sure other threads exist about that topic, but it would be nice to see what they have to say in here.

i love the itch except when it comes to codeine, that shit will make me itch so bad i HAVE to take diphenhydramine.

and to JC, i have had both tho i have had much much less tar. i would say they are both relatively the same feeling except for one reason or another powder feels like a much cleaner high (that may be psychological) but considering the process i wouldnt be surprised if it was true.

thugpassion said:
Iv also heard that its the morphine more than it is heroin that produces the itch feeling, Im not really sure having never shot any morphine but is that true. Im also talking tar heroin here so I know it containes more unbroken down shit than say true #4heroin, but what ever it is morphine, codine, or idduno I love the shit the itchier the better.

Well since H breaks down into morphine in your system that would certainly be the case.

johanneschimpo said:
Of course, I'm only comparing one "batch" of powder, but I had it more than one time. I had it several times over a two month period before the guy ran out. I don't know if its representative of all powder, but thats my experience.
You don't think it's representative; you KNOW it isn't. After using varying quality tar for 2 years and switching to east coast powder the difference is almost night and day in terms of cleanliness, solubility, and especially the rush. Tar is boiled opium with chemicals thrown in by hoods where most powder is produced in labs by chemists. As for the itchiness I think that's true the itchier you get the more potent it is. Especially cause if it's cut with something like diph' (anti-histamine) and you still itch hard.

kadaj said:
As for the itchiness I think that's true the itchier you get the more potent it is.

Tar varies in percentage, but some stuff had me iching so bad that I was scrathing my head and limbs with a hairbrush for days so it must be pretty good. Do you think thats because it is realy good, or just not procesed well and full of impurites that cause that?

first off, nice avatar thugpassion.

sixpartseven said:
I love the itch. I dont think it has anything to do with the potency of the heroin though. Ive had severe itching from dope that didnt provide as good of euphoria as other dope that gave me less of an itch. Then again, when I have H that is beyond good, the itch can be overwhelming, so there is no way to use it as a ruler for measuring quality.

i would agree that itchiness is not a factor in how good the dope is. the last really good stuff i had a few months ago made me itch like crazy, really bad. my dude ODed on it and he just railed it. but thats besides the point. ive had good and bad of both.

this is w/ white, tan, gray, and brown powder.

i hear what yall are saying. for the most part in my location (mid-atlantic area) the vinegary smelling, chemically tasting dope ranges from pretty good ( 30-50% ) to amazing ( ~70% ) and it almost always makes me itch. this is also white, off-white, tan, beige, gray, and brown powder.

e: powder description

A really strong itchy rush lets me know I'm probably about to go under. The two times I've OD'ed I always felt the most insane itching of my life all over my chest, face, neck and then I'd wake up about 20 minutes later. So yeah strong itch usually means good dope.

I can't remember ever feeling insane itching from crappy dope. Only really good stuff makes me itch so bad that it hurts. BTW i've been out of the game for a while, but i used to shoot tan/brown east coast powder.

I guess its just an opiate thing in genaral. Iv head people say they itch from vicodin or percoset(all be it a very small itch), Iv never felt an itch from any pills or gotten straight morphine but hear that makes you itch alot.

Iv had powder dope, it looked kinda sandy. Iv never really had any real east coast dope but sounds like peolpe here say it itches alot too when its good. Of the tar that I had it was the stinky vinager stuff that itched the most, and was the best.

From waht Iv heard tar is less refined than other dope and contains more impurities or other unbroken down opiates like morphine, and that is what makes that super strong itch. Do people feel an itch with some thing like fentynal?

kadaj said:
i hear what yall are saying. for the most part in my location (mid-atlantic area) the vinegary smelling, chemically tasting dope ranges from pretty good ( 30-50% ) to amazing ( ~70% ) and it almost always makes me itch. this is also white, off-white, tan, beige, gray, and brown powder.

e: powder description

Where did you get those numbers from? No offense, but I highly doubt they are accurate.

i. fucking. love. the. itch.

no idea what it is about it, its the hardest side effect to describe to someone who doesn't do opiates in a positive way. you tell someone you itch all over your entire body and they think mosquito bite type itch, but its not even similar. its so pleasant, and i have no idea why, but i love it. i'm on suboxone now, but sometimes i'll still feel my nose itching like it would on oxy/dope and it just makes me smile.

sixpartseven said:
Where did you get those numbers from? No offense, but I highly doubt they are accurate.

i honestly wouldnt even know where to begin to make a ballpark guess on the purity of 'fire' and horrible shit. i just know whats good and whats not, after using, but not the amount of purity.

^^i dont think we've been debating that, but whether it has anything to do w/ potency.