• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Itchy=good Heroin

kadaj said:
i hear what yall are saying. for the most part in my location (mid-atlantic area) the vinegary smelling, chemically tasting dope ranges from pretty good ( 30-50% ) to amazing ( ~70% ) and it almost always makes me itch. this is also white, off-white, tan, beige, gray, and brown powder.

e: powder description

Lol I love when people list their area's heroin purity. Like they have any fuckin clue. All these people who say they get 70-80% pure H at the street level... yeah fuckin right.

I bet most of the stuff on the street (east coast) ranges from 15-30% on average.

sixpartseven said:
I love the itch. I dont think it has anything to do with the potency of the heroin though. Ive had severe itching from dope that didnt provide as good of euphoria as other dope that gave me less of an itch. Then again, when I have H that is beyond good, the itch can be overwhelming, so there is no way to use it as a ruler for measuring quality.

JC: Powder has the same qualities you say you looked for in tar. Im guessing the powder you had just wasnt very good.

;) We know u love the itch

nukka said:
Lol I love when people list their area's heroin purity. Like they have any fuckin clue. All these people who say they get 70-80% pure H at the street level... yeah fuckin right.

I bet most of the stuff on the street (east coast) ranges from 15-30% on average.

That's way wrong, there was a study saying north jersey had the highest quality dope, finding a lot as high as 76%, when I get home ill find it

i just picked up 5 grams a few days ago in santa ana where i am at and this last batch is very itchy from all other batches i have tried.

i am somewhat noob to the heroin scene but i know whats up and all but this was some of the best dope i have tried so far. it was very strong in smell [vinegary] and very rock hard when u break it up.

i only smoke heroin though so i wouldn't know anything about the rush from I.V although i can catch a nice enough rush for myself because i can chase very well =D

edit. sorry i did not know this was an old thread sorry for bringing it back up

It's only a month old. Nothing wrong with that. It wouldn't matter if it was 5 years old, as long as what you post is relevant.

ayoOC80 said:
That's way wrong, there was a study saying north jersey had the highest quality dope, finding a lot as high as 76%, when I get home ill find it

This is where I was coming from nukka and 6/7... There are many potency studies on east coast dope and I've purchased dope from just about every big city on the east coast so I can gauge what I'm fucking with. Notice I used approximations and ranges so I wasn't saying anything was a specific number, just listing a range for decent and above-average qualities for samples I've had... I never said the amazing dope (quoted from source as being at least two-thirds heroin) was from off the streets either, nukka.

Base= Itch, itch, itch (Normally Brown)
HCl Salt = less itch (If it is clean it is pure white)

If it is brown, you should probably smoke it.

If it is pure white bang it.

If you are into filtering, try an activated charcoal filter... the itch will reduce in proportion to the number of filters you do.

do they actually sell the free base?
cuz most administration methods require the salt. right?
also I read somewhere that the HCL salt is better for smoking, unlike cocaine witch is better to smoke when in it's base form.
so if the above is correct, the free base form is just alot of added trouble for the user. correct?

Most street H will contain morphine base, H base, morphine HCL, H HCL (or any other salt) and any other opiates that have got through the process. Any particulate matter from the poppies that gets through will normall be brownish in colour.

It all depends how good a chemist you have cooking your smack.

Smoking is best done with base due to the MP, normally with a little added caffeine.

I personally would not put something into my veins until it was cleaned up.

Oh and like I said:

Pure base will be brown/tan.
Pure HCl will be white.

And to clear up your misunderstanding...

The HCl salt is highly water soluable, while the base is only partially water soluable.

Last edited:
nabollocks said:
This is incorrect. Do some reading on crack.

i think iv done enough research on crack to know.
I said "unlike cocaine witch is better to smoke when in it's base form. "
how is that incorrect?
crack is cocaine freebase and blow is cocaine hcl. while the hcl salt is smokable, it's melting point is too high for it to be smoked effectivly.

also, i would think PURE heroin base would also be white. unless the free base is easily decomposed thus changing it's color.

^My bad. I just did not read what you had written properly. I will edit that out.

I think that, when dealing with the same TYPE of H, itchiness is an indicator of potency.

BTW, if the brown stuff is base and the white stuff is HCL, then what do you call the greyish/brown "chunky" shit floating around Indy?

when i was in hospital with a broken leg i was on morphine and i was itching sooo bad it WAS HORRIFFIC

I got hooked on dope out west with tar. Although I never slammed tar, I can attest to the high having some discrete elements that none of the dope I've seen back east has. The stuff in Philly and in Florida felt more sedating and less itchy than the tar. It left me with a clearer thought process, no matter how gone I was. Even the nodding dreams were more clear than tar or morphine salts.

Morphine has been itchier than smack over all. Perhaps tar has more morphine that hasn't been acetylated. That would explain the added relative fogginess too.

Don't get me wrong. Opiates will make you itch. This is due to a large release of histamine. But it will be lot less pronounced if your gear is clean.

Like BigHooter said, even pharm grade gear will make you itch. It does not mean it is good gear though. It mearly means that you have a substance that forces a release of histamine.

Heroin (Euro brown) causes little if any itch in my rather extensive experience - just rush, high and then nod. Other stuff causes itching. As to that nasty tar shit you folks shoot... YMMV, as I believe the kids do say :).

I like the itch too, but I never really got it from heroin to any great degree. Morphine, codeine and so forth - yes. But heroin - no.

Of course this depends on how you define "itch". For me, a bit of lazy, half-gouched, half-arsed face-rubbing is a world away from the maddening itch of some other opiates.

Then again, I took "pleasure" in rather high (1g+) doses of IV codeine before I discovered BL and learned quite how stupid and dangerous a thing that was to do to yourself :).

It's all relative... says the man who ingested half a gram of codeine 30 mins ago and is feeling a mite itchy right now... and is quite enjoying the itch :).

PS - Codeine may be a bit of a "pussy" opiate compared to heroin, but I served my time with Lil Miss H and restrict myself to the odd codeine/morphine/opium binge now cos heroin and me are just bit to friendly to be friends any more :).

Last edited:
thugpassion said:
Im also talking tar heroin here so I know it containes more unbroken down shit than say true #4heroin, but what ever it is morphine, codine, or idduno I love the shit the itchier the better.

I know you weren't being specific but just to nit pick semantics I would say it can rather be said that tar contains higher quantities of what is more "broken" down, rather than more of what is "unbroken" down chemicals. (i.e. a higher quanity of monoacetylmorphine than diacetylmorphine: mono... is one side of the morphine molecule being acetylated di... is both sides of the morphine molecule acetylated; which in the body breaks down one side at a time, first becoming mono... then morphine proper.)

itchy=maybe good

through my personal experience i find that the itch is irrelevant. In fact until i unintentionally scratch for some reason it generally goes un-noted. Once i begin however it becomes nearly impossible to stop. Sure, i agree that such relief sensations from scratching said itch and indeed pleasant, however, i'd prefer they did not exist altogether. I've had terrific heroin that did not cause a single itch, and other types of d that have manged to incite a riot of itching after feeling the effects for only about ten or fifteen minutes. I have never shot it, but I imagine the itch much be much more intense in that scenario, especially at the source of the prick.