• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.4%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 44 5.9%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.3%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.8%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.8%

• Total voters

Aiko-Aiko

Bluelighter
Whether it be psychological or physical, What is the hardest drug you've ever tried to stop doing? Could be pain medications, could be DXM or anything.

I would just like to hear some stories, experiences or opinions :)

I've only experienced heroin WD. All of it is horrible. The physical first then the psychological. About the second day I'm puking, shitting,pissing every five minutes. My whole body hurts. Your skin feels like it's crawling. Sneezing and yawning all the time. I'm cold...i'm hot, i don't know what i am. I've got goose bumps and its 90 degrees outside. I get like restless arms and legs. My arms annoy me the most, feels like i have to stretch them all the time like i need to get the muscles tight or something. I'll just punch my head board and such. You can't sleep and when you do it's only for like 20 mins. And it just gets worse till about the 4th or 5th day.

After you go through WD, I'll be fine for days or maybe a month or so. Then I start thinkin about how good it was. The extreme rush from shooting. Then i get all anxious and wanna do it just ONE more time. With my experience it's never just one more time. The only way I've stopped was ending up in jail a few times.Then once i got on methadone but then i messed up probation and ended up in jail again and had to detox from methadone in jail which really sucked. And for some reason i never thought about detox till my probation officer said something about it and right away i got myself into one.

Heroin addiction and withdrawal in a total bitch

Thanks j0nj0n. I kind of figured that it would be a tie between meth or heroin, but I hope you are now clean from it or using responsibly.

Aiko-Aiko

my worst wd was from Ritalin. granted it is pretty low on the WD totem pole but the psychological effects were devastating. think attention deficit x50. i literally couldn't move, i was so incapacitated :(

^^Fuck I didnt think ithat post was so long 8o...thats to my other post(not you acid eiffel :) ).

Ritalin WD's can suck too, but theyre all psychological. I went absolutely insane/mental for a month after my first ritalin binge(although tequila/port/other messy drink were involved too), was getting into fights and always being aggressive. Ended up punching my best friend in the whole world smack in the jaw and had a stupid reason for it, about 5 seconds after I did it I was so apologetic and just wanted to die, but the reality is that he cant forget being punched in the face in 2 seconds so I had to leave. Ended up being an awesome night when we went somewhere else but I wont ever live that down and while he is still my best mate, I will never feel like I deserve an accepted apology. Im usually so placid and probably the last person anyone would think to have a fight, but some drugs just give me split personality or some shit.

Now that I think about it rits suck, its almost like when I take them fights find me. I just thought of like 3 other fights caused by ritalin, I guess nowonder people compare ritalin to coke, maybe its the self centered enlarged ego thing, although the euphoria is nothing alike.

Last edited:
Benzodiazepines. I've been prescribed them for 10 years. Only twice was I able to taper completely off them. When using so long, the withdrawals never go away. (for at least 1.5 years from what I've read) The withdrawals from just tapering are tough enough and when finally off of them I had anxiety so bad that I'd have reality breaks where I couldn't tell if I were alive or dead, sort of like dissociation...but in a bad way.

About 4 years ago I was able to stay off Clonazepam (from an initial 6mg prescribed daily dose + recreational dosages obtained from doctor shopping or other dealers who'd trade) for 2 months and I never felt so awful in my life...this was after 6 months of tapering also. My hands never EVER were steady, I'd twitch all the time, have mild spasms every couple hours, body would just "jump" every now and again, sharp pains like electricity shooting through the body, out of nowhere I'd get flashes of cold sweat, impossible to get more than four hours of sleep without Ambien, incredible muscle tension and pain (the toughest of the symptoms) and I was ALWAYS stressed out.

So I decided to go back onto benzodiazepines again, this time around with Alprazolam. Eventually I needed two doctors prescribing me them because my initial doctor wouldn't go above 4mg daily. I needed more because my tolerance had risen through recreational use. So I was taking 8mg Alprazolam daily for a few years and just 6 months ago I attempted again but tapering process was obviously too quick because I suffered a seizure. Now I'm back on Clonazepam. I'm only taking 3mg/daily though and have no plans of increasing the dose. My intention is just to feel normal. I've given up trying to get off them and accepted the fact that I'll be on them for the rest of my life.

The shitty part of all this...I was only 15 years old when prescribed them and the reason I was put on them was just for mild anxiety but the doctor never bothered to take me off them, nor did he educate the addiction potential. Fuck it. Thats life.

I've gone through serious Opiate withdrawal several times and it never came close to comparing to when I went through Benzo withdrawal from Xanax. It was by far the worst drug-related experience of my life.

Heroin. Withdrawal from my longest habit was in jail, which was pretty tough.

But with the right meds, food, comfort, etc, the w/d is not as terrible as it's made out to be. You can't die from opiate w/d unless you have concurrent health problems.

Supposedly benzo/alcohol w/d is the worst (potentially fatal) but i don't plan to go there.

There was no "withdrawal" associated with meth, for me. It was actually a relief to come off meth. You sleep a lot, eat a lot, and you're tired. It's not much.

Ritalin was the worst for me, 8 days of intense withdrawal because stupid me decided not to taper off but go cold turkey from a 2.5 year habit. I was insufflating 100+ mg every day near the end of my usage. I'm back on them now again tho since it works great for my ADHD. :\

Basically all the w/d symptoms you could have, Restless Leg Syndrome, sweating, unable to do anything except lying in bed waiting for it to stop, eating handfuls of loperamide etc.

It was hellish for 8 days, the feeling of wanting to jump out of your skin and the fiending was just plain crap, I now know what "kicking the habit" really is though :p

Opiate wds sucked for me, esp. the first time.

I hate hearing that bezo wd is that bad- been on xanax .5-1 mg 3x day for a month now, prescribed. I dont usually take quite that much, but i have to take it daily.

I don't want to withdraw.

if we are counting tobacco as a drug then smokes for me. i am content with still smoking but i am tired of everyone to tell me to stop.
so tobacco gets my vote.

I had always heard about benzo w/d and until I had gone thru sudden wd's from stopping Lyrica, which one can argue is or is not a benzo, I experienced what everyone describes as the classic, tell-tale benzo like wd's. My head was foggy, I was unable to find motivation and energy to do anything, and mood was generally very down.

I found this to be far worse than the physical monster that is Opiate WD. To me that is 14 days of physical warfare, followed by 2 months of boredom. But the lyrica/benzo-like withdrawal easily took the cake.

I just recently withdrew from a poppy pod , IV heroin and xanax ( 6 mg a day ) habit . I Havent used in 35 days and I still dont feel right . Mostly just stomach issues and stuff still . But the first 20 - 25 days were a nightmare non stop puking , insomnia , RLS pretty much every horrible thing i can imagine . And the way benzo withdrawl amplifys light and sound is just unbearable . Im just glad its all over , I feel so much better now and im no longer addicted to any drugs.

IME methadone WD was the worst ,lasted 3 weeks instead of the 1 week it took to get off heroin, kind of counter productive in my mind.

I hate thinking about withdrawals really...

Well, I've withdrawn from poppy pods once after using for like 10 - 14 days...
Basically I forced myself to take a break by not ordering any more pods. I don't think I realized what I was getting myself into really. I think I stopped on like a Wed or THurs, was in full withdrawal by the weekend with no real relief in sight. On the next business day I ordered more because I was getting scared and just wanted the hellish feeling to end.

By Tuesday I was actually feeling better though. Unfortunately the pods came Wednesday and I've been back on 'em for the last month.

The withdrawals were constant yawning, having to constantly move around and stretch my arms all the time; Complete inability to sleep for most of the night, I'd be lucky for 3 or 4 hours of sleep. I still allow myself to withdrawal a little bit between my doses of tea. They really suck.

Worst one drug? Tramadol. I've wd'd from it before and it was hell. It's like wd from an SNRI and methadone..

Last edited:
BiggDirty01 said:
I had always heard about benzo w/d and until I had gone thru sudden wd's from stopping Lyrica, which one can argue is or is not a benzo, I experienced what everyone describes as the classic, tell-tale benzo like wd's. My head was foggy, I was unable to find motivation and energy to do anything, and mood was generally very down.

I found this to be far worse than the physical monster that is Opiate WD. To me that is 14 days of physical warfare, followed by 2 months of boredom. But the lyrica/benzo-like withdrawal easily took the cake.

This is what I experience, after three or four days of binging on it, even. I get so motherfucking depressed. I would never classify it as bad as opiate withdrawal, ever... but it's not fun.