• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
@ lifer, when you have quantity, what's your daily ?
Mine is 160-180mg a day, 40mg x 4 or 5 doses.
I did get down to 15mg, then did Imodium x 24mg, then T4's (60per, so 4 would be like 2.5 Percocet ) . They worked well in the sense that no WD due to taper, but no head rush so no temptation to redose unless symptoms return. Which is my biggest problem... Taking more than I should, the mindlessness of it, the mental yearning to redose. I have 5 days to go and am now dry so only have Imodium now. Down to 20mg.

I've only have experience with Crystal Meth and Marijuana withdrawal and meth is by far the worst. In fact I can't imagine anything worse.

First of all the more meth you did and the longer you been doing it, the longer and more extreme the withdrawal will be. I've only quit 3 times in the last 6 and a half years. The longest clean was 6 months, then 2 months, then barely a month. The last time I quit was the longest but also had the worst withdrawal because I was was smoking dope for 4 years daily and just stopped cold turkey. The peak starts from the 2nd day without getting high to about a week after. But I suffered withdrawal symptoms for several months after that even though they weren't as severe as the first few weeks. Whoever says that meth withdrawal isn't physical is full of shit because there are physical symptoms as well. Anyways I was so depressed and angry it was really hard to control my emotions because I felt fucking insane and had intense suicidal thoughts. I was sleeping almost all day and night because my body was so weak and fatigued I could hardly get out of bed to go to the bathroom and eat. My back and legs were aching, I was itchy and sweaty, and I had hot and cold chills. Everytime I would fall asleep which was all the time I would either have intense dreams about getting high or scary nightmares or just really weird random dreams that freaked me out. I think this is cuz I don't dream much when I'm on meth. The times when I did get out of bed I was crying and yelling like a psycho and l was so dizzy and lethargic I had to walk really slow and carefully to make sure I didn't fall or run into something. Ive never felt so fucking drained/exhausted in my entire life. The depression was so bad nothing could put a smile on my face. This severe stage went on for a week or maybe a little longer then started to fade a little as time went on. In general though the depression and tired feeling along with severe craving to smoke shit lasted for months even though it wasn't as bad as the first week. The main reason why I relapsed was because the cravings and dreams got so bad it started taking over my life because meth was constantly on my mind even after 6 months of sobriety. I felt like I was being taunted and teased and It was unbelievably intense. I also developed this false sense of reality that if I relapsed I would make sure to keep it as a once in a while party drug and not let it turn into everyday. No matter how hard I tried it was impossible for me to follow through with that plan. Next time I quit I would really like to stay clean for atleast a year (forever would be better of course) because I heard recently from a recovered tweaker that it takes a whole year of sobriety to regain your energy and feel normal again. He used for almost 15 years daily which is fucking amazing that he was able to quit and stay clean/sober for the last 10 years. He said the reason he became sober was because he got sick of doing meth one day and decided that he didn't like it anymore. I really hope this happens to me too one day, the sooner the better.

Hi bliss, I normally dose 60mg in the am then cruise through the rest of the day. I have to fight every day not to take more than that. I definitely don't take as much as you do but these stupid pills own me. The cravings and depression just make me want to stay in bed and I go through it every damn month now. I have zero control. I know I should only take so much a day or skip a day or do something, anything to stretch the shit out but if I have them I just can't stop myself from taking them.

We do alot to avoid being sick until we get more. Why doesn't our brain just say enough is enough?

Zyprexa, everything else is a joke and I've kicked all types of shit. CT high dose xanax and bupe in jail wasn't too hot either but I was better after a month. With Zyprexa, I've been sick for an entire year. Sick doesn't quite describe it. Basically torture. Losing my fucking mind, but starting to feel a bit better. But if you have withdrawals for a year or more, that's a long ass time. Up next, gabapentin, can't wait. Love these pills!

I hear you.
At least you have the fortitude to only dose once daily! That's huge. I can't say the same :(
Although if I did only have one dose, the morning is when I'm hurting the most, for sure

For me, the worst symptoms for each category:

Practical: Having to take sick leave from work
Physical: RLS - this kills me, far more than the sweats, the shits, or anything else
Psychological: The anxiety - the anxiety is generally the strongest component of the urge to use again for me, especially if I past the most acute days of the physical symptoms.

I probably weigh all three of these things as equal in terms of their negative impact, they're all strong motivators to score again if I'm trying to detox.

Other symptoms that bother me a bit:

Practical: Financial hardship (although, this motivates me to NOT use, which is good, sometimes I deliberately try and create a situation where I have no money), going to work dopesick is pretty bad, missing social occasions, missing family occasions, general lack of social life, no motivation to exercise, no motivation to engage in hobbies.

Physical: Diarrhoea, sweating (I don't so much mind during the day, but it's currently winter in Australia - and waking up at 3am in a literal pool of sweat and completely freezing and not being able to stay in bed is awful), general insomnia, fever, headaches

Psychological: Depression (as well as anxiety) - although depression isn't so rough for me now, years back I used to get severely depressed/suicidal - nothing like that now, overly-emotional - although, this isn't always bad - sometimes I make the most of it and watch emotional movies and have these really weird/beautiful even emotion reactions; I've even cried during a soppy romance scene when I've been dopesick!

^^ watch you some million dollar baby when you're sick. Damn near impossible not to cry at the end when you're not sick.

The worst part is you're gonna do it all over again. Addiction is some crazy shit. To spend four to seven days dying and then around and do it all over again someday.
Worst kick for me was being out at my moms house for a week and running out of H. Supposed to stay till Sunday but come up with a good reason to leave on Friday at 2am. Drove 13hrs with wd's. You talk about road rage. Spent all that time sick as hell just to head straight to the hook ups house when I got back into town.
I started a detox program yesterday and ready to stick with it this time. The money I spend and time I waste just to hook up is ridiculous. Another solid reason why I'm without question over it is I don't ever want to get picked up and be forced to detox in jail. That shit scares me right there.
Faith, hope and courage

I've done a shit ton of different drugs in my life but never felt the grip of addiction until i was 34 years old I met a guy with endless supply of oxy 30s and 80s...waited til my wife took the kids on a two week trip to visit her family and cold turkeyed off a 3 year high dose habit and let me tell u that was pure hell for about 5-6 days.

I'm glad I don't like how benzos make me feel because from my research those are far and away the worst drug to come off of...my buddy shot himself after about two weeks off cold turkey Xanax

The loss of confidence from all my family and friends. All the years it took to realize what was the obvious thing to do. So many disappointments and regrets of not being totally there for my kids.
I'm glad we can start it all over again but I wonder if we'll be able to be truly happy again.

Last edited:
For me it has been oxycodone,especially after doing high doses for over a year,hell I thought I was going to die.Great pain med but dependence and tolerance suck with this drug!

The worst wd I've had were from mdpv I was bad on that stuff for about 3 months didn't eat or sleep being that it was a better rush than meth kept me up longer too ( never really been on a meth binge though). After doing it almost every day for 3 months (aside from the few periods I would sleep for 2 days at a time) they banned it and all the shops that sold it closed and for only a 3 month binge I was convinced I was insane for 2 months after I couldn't get it anymore and craved the drug every day for a year after.

I've only have experience with Crystal Meth and Marijuana withdrawal and meth is by far the worst. In fact I can't imagine anything worse.

First of all the more meth you did and the longer you been doing it, the longer and more extreme the withdrawal will be. I've only quit 3 times in the last 6 and a half years. The longest clean was 6 months, then 2 months, then barely a month. The last time I quit was the longest but also had the worst withdrawal because I was was smoking dope for 4 years daily and just stopped cold turkey. The peak starts from the 2nd day without getting high to about a week after. But I suffered withdrawal symptoms for several months after that even though they weren't as severe as the first few weeks. Whoever says that meth withdrawal isn't physical is full of shit because there are physical symptoms as well. Anyways I was so depressed and angry it was really hard to control my emotions because I felt fucking insane and had intense suicidal thoughts. I was sleeping almost all day and night because my body was so weak and fatigued I could hardly get out of bed to go to the bathroom and eat. My back and legs were aching, I was itchy and sweaty, and I had hot and cold chills. Everytime I would fall asleep which was all the time I would either have intense dreams about getting high or scary nightmares or just really weird random dreams that freaked me out. I think this is cuz I don't dream much when I'm on meth. The times when I did get out of bed I was crying and yelling like a psycho and l was so dizzy and lethargic I had to walk really slow and carefully to make sure I didn't fall or run into something. Ive never felt so fucking drained/exhausted in my entire life. The depression was so bad nothing could put a smile on my face. This severe stage went on for a week or maybe a little longer then started to fade a little as time went on. In general though the depression and tired feeling along with severe craving to smoke shit lasted for months even though it wasn't as bad as the first week. The main reason why I relapsed was because the cravings and dreams got so bad it started taking over my life because meth was constantly on my mind even after 6 months of sobriety. I felt like I was being taunted and teased and It was unbelievably intense. I also developed this false sense of reality that if I relapsed I would make sure to keep it as a once in a while party drug and not let it turn into everyday. No matter how hard I tried it was impossible for me to follow through with that plan. Next time I quit I would really like to stay clean for atleast a year (forever would be better of course) because I heard recently from a recovered tweaker that it takes a whole year of sobriety to regain your energy and feel normal again. He used for almost 15 years daily which is fucking amazing that he was able to quit and stay clean/sober for the last 10 years. He said the reason he became sober was because he got sick of doing meth one day and decided that he didn't like it anymore. I really hope this happens to me too one day, the sooner the better.
Meth addiction for me was nothing compared to anything else, paws pretty bad for me after the initial withdrawal like you mentioned, being lethargic and sleeping all the time, feeling like a dead zombie with no emotions etc..and I agree with you on that. At first I was a on and off weekend user for a year then moved on to daily use for a whole year decided to quit and tbh the withdrawals/paws only lasted 3-5 months and I felt back to normal like I never did drugs. But that's because I was working hard in recovering by exercising maintaining health, sleep and daily hygiene. Being positive and having a peaceful mind, and vitamin D!! And fish oil helped tons I seriously swear by it. Now I only use crystal meth once a week or fortnight. I still like/love it though hence my name :)
But really looking back it wasn't that bad compared to opioids and benzos.

Anyways to the topic. Methadone is the far worse drug withdrawal and paw ever for me! Eughhhh I don't even wanna think about it. Sexytweaker if you'd have to go through opiate/opioid w/d's you would want to thank that you can actually sleep in methamphetamine withdrawals..

Benzos come second :(

Black Tar Heroin. Hands down. And i have been around the block- and clean for a few years, save some slips.

For me, the nausea is the most bothersome symptom but not the most painful; the second most bothersome would be the sweating along with this anxiety and crawling skin sensations that make me feel dirty and in need of an urgent shower but with no strenght to move a finger.
The most painful would be anxiety and depression.

Withdrawal from daily ALCOHOL consumption has been worse from me than methadone, heroin or benzos.........I am over drinking.....DT's, sweating, insomnia for first 10 days without alcohol, nausea, depression.....this is because I was drinking like 1/2 a bottle of 750ml hard liquor.....plus the headaches, and lazy feeling I get when I drink for more than a month straight.....caused me to develop a fatty liver and almost died from pancreatitis. They say the only two substances you can die from when you are withdrawing are alcohol and benzos. I quit the alcohol and feel great now....plus I don't tent to eat my xanax like candy cuz I used to be so drunk I would mix them which was dumb. I quit after my 2nd DUI.....whole thing was BS.....so expensive. Alcohol definitely was worse than any other drug I have done and I am a junkie.....done everything throughout my life and at least when I quit xanax and heroin some years back they gave me phenobarb which helped me get off the xanax smoothly and methadone worked wonders to get off heroin......when I got off methadone, I just weaned down and it wasn't nearly as bad as getting off the LIQUOR......there was nothing except I was given ativan and xanax to help with symptoms but that BARELY HELPED. Sad that something so legal and common is so deadly.

wow...great replies guys....well this is easy enough for me since im dopesick RIGHT NOW. Ugh fml.
the sweating, chills and anxiety and complete lack of energy to live....i hate it all but i cannot take the chills. i dont wanna leave the bed unless its to go get my shit and feel better. sad but the truth.

The horrible anxiety related displacement I feel from everyone else. Words do not do justice when describing how fucked up, dysphoric, and nervous this can make me.

YES!!!! Along with that feeling of panic and anxiety setting in, I often look at other people i know or even dont know, like if im out in public and envy others that seem like "normal people" i hate feeling so out of the norm in those moments and wish i didnt have this horrible addiction. i wish i could just kick. i never make it past day 3...