• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.4%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 44 5.9%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.3%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.8%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.8%

• Total voters
It's scaring for sure, I imagine coming off of Suboxone. It's a tough experience but with patience and perseverance you can make it.

Visit the TDS, sober living, mental health threads. There are a lot of good posts there.

Last edited:
I see my DOC is not on the list but thered
are plenty of threads about how to get addicted to or die from fentanyl

Welcome to Bluelight Clark!!
Fentanyl is a real strong opiate, but not euphoric. It's good for pain relief, the patches I mean.

Just had my worst cold turkey wd experience of my 5 year habit just last month... In jail. The dope I was getting must have been cut with some longer acting opiate bc I would stay "ok" for up to 24 hours after my last bit (other sources usually send me into the beginnings of WDs at about 18 hours. Anyway, it was 2pm and I was on my daily pilgrimage across town to my guy. See him, turn the corner and good old nypd is waiting on the next block. Long story short, I end up getting arrested and thrown in the the cell at their precinct. my last dose was the evening before. I spend the night there until the next morning when I board the corrections bus and was transferred to the beautiful gated community of Rikers island to spend the next 6 days in an open dorm full of nycs most colorful mental cases, rapists, murdersers, and fellow addicts. During the course of that time withdrawal set in hard and I spend the first 4 days in a mental whirl of semi conscious suffering. I don't puke or shit badly like others, but I get the worst sweats, can't sleep, and get reLly really bad muscle spasms/rls. Anxiety through the roof as well. Btw I had a 3-4 bundle habit before this.

I'm day 3? The nurse took pity and gave me a whopping (1) 5mg Valium and two clonidine a day. Helped a little not really, basically it fucking sucked by nuts I finally posted bail, and clearly having learned my lesson got out and took the train right to my guy to get well. Just typing this I feel like a damn idiot.

Should have rode it out or gotten on maintenance. My habit was close to yours. Depending on money I was a brick every other day. Sucks so bad to be such a slave. I am now a slave to mmt but my life is so much better. I pay my bills again, can't lose my kids, and never have to look over my shoulder. I highly recommend trying mmt. You will get your life back ( to an extent!)

for me the restless legs when you're lying there trying to sleep but you know you wont be able to... this just sucks

How can you people do that f---- shit. eww. there aint no way in hell i would. And looks like Prince just died from a Percocet Overdose. What a way to waste your life....

How can you people do that f---- shit. eww. there aint no way in hell i would. And looks like Prince just died from a Percocet Overdose. What a way to waste your life....

Do what? Withdraw from opioids? Well, it's not like we have a choice in the matter. Do you think people get hooked on opioids planning to go through hellish withdrawal before they start? Like "hell yeah man, I'ma get my tolerance sky high and then quit, gonna be a blast!"

I'm on day 2 of WDs just now. I was a long time H addict till i got clean 7 years ago. Chronic pain took me back to prescribed pain pills but i was topping up with street stuff before long. I had forgot the horror of detox. The horrible rough throat and weird sore cough along with the leg stuff drives me insane and the way the whole world seems colourless for months afterwards. Theres no going back though. In the time i was clean i became an addiction worker (irony explosion) and i want to get back to doing my job without feeling like such a fucking hypocrite.

Opiates....What goes through your mind and thoughts when you start to withdrawal? What I mean is your thoughts and scenes that occur. Just when it starts for me, I get a lot of static, I begin to not be able to process. I can't solve problems, anything from radio or tv pisses me off. If I see people acting normal, I become envious.

Then I get thoughts or scenes from recent memory or music that run over and over again. For example if I recently watched a Harry Potter film, a weird version of things from the film will play over in my head and merge with other miscellaneous themes, or a spell incantation will replay itself. This along with the physical parts of withdrawal will take me into insanity land. It's actually painful in the brain.
Also every bad thing and fear in my life comes to the forefront. Then suicidal thoughts.

I'll be attempting to quit again today.

This one is a hard one to touch... Everyone's withdrawal experience is unique imo. Anyway, what you're describing does not sound strange at all.

I just feel panic and intense misery. I mostly fear the physical part more muscle pain is extreme and nausea

Interesting topic, but not suitable for OD so I'm going to move it to DC.

Anyway, for me, opiate withdrawal makes me incredibly emotional and like the above poster said, I have weird sensations of impending doom. Everything becomes disgusting smelling, looking, and feeling. When I was living on the streets it was incredibly horrible, because the reality of my use would come crashing down on me, and it would be almost unbearable. I remember one time my girlfriend and I kept having trouble getting fly spots (panhandling spots by off ramps/on mediums in case you don't know), and it took us all day to make just $20 (which was enough for like, half a shot), and when we finally got the money together the dealer had us meet in the parking lot of taco bell. Of course, he was super late, and by the time he got there, there were about 50 junkies just hanging out, but my friend offered me some weed to help with my withdrawals because my eyes and nose was running so bad. I took him up on it even though weed makes me paranoid, because I thought that I couldn't feel any worse then I already did. Well boy was I wrong. To make matters worse, immediately after doing my pathetic dime bag shot, I decided it would be a great idea to take a hit of crack. Afterwards I literally felt like I was in hell, I ran back to my little tent and just laid there in agony until I again became so dope sick I couldn't stand it and went to panhandle again.

Wow. That's a vivid story. I slowly get more depressed, knowing that it's just the drugs leaving my system, but still sucks.

I understand that you're moving this, but I'd like to say I wouldn't have seen this post in Culture and I think it's interesting and helpful here.

opiates was hard at the time but was only codeine then i had a massive withdrawell from 1000 x 10mg diaz a week sometimes more , what went through my mind was i wanna die nothing has been so horrific in my life heart going at 169BPM in the hospital with no tapper they refused all i was told was a well it will b out ur system in few more days yeh cause thats how 2 treat addiction , ended up taking them again as i had 2 i was bad withdrawing for over 3 weeks and wouldnt go away after another year i seen the doc jst a year around now and was put straight on 30mg diaz a day and 15mg zopiclone for sleep and still got my usual 60mg 4 times a day of codeine for pain, but my answer is i just wanted 2 die even now i am on 22mg diaz a day and even the 3mg drop was alot its unreal how bad benzo withdrawel is