• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.4%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 44 5.9%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.3%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.8%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.8%

• Total voters
From what I have WD from it seems like this

Physcial:
Benzodiazepines
Alcohol
Methadone
Heroin
Crack

Psychological:
Crack
Cocaine Hcl
Benzodiazepines
Heroin

From what I've heard Meth can be quite a bitch to quit, which I can understand having been a pretty bad crack addict.

Crack IMO has been the hardest to WD from. It felt like a train was hitting me at full force. Some people say there isn't much of a physical aspect of stimulant WDs, but they sure hurt to me. Maybe my brain was just so fucked up that it was "feeling" pain. I can deal with the 10 days in detox and the shakes and sweats and RLS and all that. It's a week or two and then it's practically over. But fuck, Crack had me messed up bad for a good 6 months.
I remember day 2 off of crack, I was shaking and crying, and screaming that I just wanted to fucking die. If my family hadn't watched over me, I probably would've killed myself just to alleviate the pain.

Worst one drug? Tramadol. I've wd'd from it before and it was hell. It's like wd from an SNRI, opiate like oxycodone, and an SSRI.

Why does everyone always say tramadol w/d is so horrible, I was on tram for a while ranging doses from 550mg - 1050mg taken at the same time and when i couldnt get anymore i had no choice but to quit and i had a slight craving for it and a little depressed but it wasn't a big deal at all.

Those are some hefty, dangerous doses...Does the lowering of seizure threshold get less so with tolerance?

In my limited experience, Paroxetine (Paxil) is horrible with regards to withdrawal symptoms. Neurotremors, eye tremors, hypersomnia, insomnia, paranoia, manic episodes, and the only true depression I've ever felt. Taper, taper, taper.

Tramadol was fucking hell. The depression was insane.
So glad Im off those fuckers. I did a long ass taper but still feel like shit. Never been addicted to benzos so Id dont know.

tramadol by a long shot! I get spooked just thinking about it. The feeling is indescribable. I seriously thought I was going to have to shoot myself it was so bad. Tramadol is so evil

Why does everyone always say tramadol w/d is so horrible, I was on tram for a while ranging doses from 550mg - 1050mg taken at the same time and when i couldnt get anymore i had no choice but to quit and i had a slight craving for it and a little depressed but it wasn't a big deal at all.

Well i'm not you. Most people attest to it's most horrific wd's, you're probably the only one i've met thus far that doesn't. How long were you on it? a week? I've been on it for at least a year, with some short intermittent breaks. My wd's include pain all over my body, insomnia (not even benzo's help), overactive thoughts, depression, no energy whatsoever, diarhea, sweating, head zaps, etc.

It's not a very fun time. It is AGONY. I contemplate suicide the whole time.

when people say benzos, are different ones worse than others? Ive heard that Xanax is the worst due to the short half life, and is valium the one that takes the longest the get addicted too because of its gradual taper off (its uber long half life) so has less severe withdrawals than xanax?

Drugs in general. lol, I can stop an drug in the world if i replace it with another one...

nah I would def was benzos they can cripple you.

oxys if def sooo hard... I used to be really bad, but even now ill still IV em once anad a while and the next few days I feel it bad

Benzos and booze are the only ones that can kill you that i am aware of... just from stopping them...cant get much worse than death if you stop.....

Last edited:
yea I ODed on benzos the other day and for a week after I was DYING, like I've beenthrough withdrawl from a lot of drugs, but i actuall mean DYING

Amongst currently available opioids, tramadol isn't the worst to come off of. Methadone takes the cake, IMO. But tramadol ranks up there for post WD symptom severity. Tramadol is one of the few opioids where it is possible to do a very steep/short taper, and feel relatively normal. Amongst contemporary drugs of abuse, the worst WD's are probably in the benzodiazepine class, and alcohol. How do you know your nearing the physical WD period? When nasty thoughts start haunting your brain again. That's why I like opioids, no sexual desire. And I thought I'd be the last person to say that. But once it's gone, it seems dirty, and yo don't mind missing it. But once those opioids are gone, watch out.

Ive gone through heroin w/d and methadone w/d and the methadone was the worst ive ever felt. Its sooooo horrible!!!! I thought i was going to die! i here benzo w/d is the worst though.

Tramadol by FAR, also Effexor but both can be avoided by tapering. Ativan wasn't horrible except for the nightmares...and Oxycodone can be a bitch with the stomach cramps alone...but TRAMADOL wins by FAR!! Physical and Pscychological at the same time and very intense...... the worst part was I was so naive at the time that I had no clue that's why I was so sick. I stopped cold turkey after only a month and the depression and physical discomfort was the worst.....

Whatever the drug TAPER TAPER TAPER!!!

I think nicotine is actually the hardest to get off of though. Most heroin addicts will quit the sauce before they let you take there ciggs. Me being one of them.

Well i'm not you. Most people attest to it's most horrific wd's, you're probably the only one i've met thus far that doesn't. How long were you on it? a week? I've been on it for at least a year, with some short intermittent breaks. My wd's include pain all over my body, insomnia (not even benzo's help), overactive thoughts, depression, no energy whatsoever, diarhea, sweating, head zaps, etc.

It's not a very fun time. It is AGONY. I contemplate suicide the whole time.
I was on it for 3 months and i dont give a fuck about life thats why i take 1000mg + but i still barely have w/d effects.

definetally heroin, closely followed by methadone. just wanted to add, paxil's a shitty withdrawal too, i know it sounds lame, but if youve been through paxil withdrawal you will know what i mean. (not that it compares to heroin).

benzos and booze. those withdrawals can be fatal. opiates on the other hand can be pretty severe but not life threatening...i'd say painful and extremely annoying.

methadone, i'm detoxing both methadone and benzos at the mo and methadone is worse

Worst short term is pod tea or fent in my opinion,
but overall worst for intensity and length is hands down methadone from my experience. That was 3 weeks of hell, and I'm amazed as young and in shape I was at the time, I even made it. If I had been older or in worse shape I probably would have killed myself.