• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.4%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 44 5.9%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.3%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.8%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.8%

• Total voters
Benzos.

I've been addicted to benzo's for about 8 yrs now. I've never been able to kick the addiction. The withdrawl is like being tortured non-stop. I was able to taper down to almost being off but the withdrawl was so horrible I said fuck it and went back. Right now I'm down to taking 2 mg every 6 hrs (8mg/day ativan). It sucks. And your always doing the math in your head as to when to pop the next pill so you dont wait too long and get sick (or a seizure).

Benzos are fucking terrible to come off of. For me, specifically Klonopin. I was prescribed it for 4 1/2 years, 16mg a day. I was really scared that I was going to die when I came off of cold turkey. I was crying out to God or whoever would take it away, I thought I was completely brain-fried and would never be able to have a job or be in public again. I was hallucinating the sound of people around me, and I'd see shadows and shadow people around, and sometimes I don't even know if it was real. I can't describe how much I was sweating, but I was cold all the time, and shaking. I lost conciousness quite a few times for about 3 - 4 weeks. It was the worst thing I've ever been through in my life.

Also, I am permanently addicted to benzos now, I think about them every day, even though I rarely take them anymore. I crave them, it sucks. Just to feel normal, to feel calm.

^ That sounds like my idea of hell. If untreated, the worst withdrawals are alcohol, benzos, barbs etc. Funnily enough, doctors say that alcohol withdrawal is painless if you detox properly- this is complete bollocks! Even with benzos the DTs are fucking nasty. But obviously it's much, much nicer and safer than going cold turkey. Although I don't have personal experience of benzo WD I imagine that would be the worst of the lot simply because of the length of time it takes to recover. Coming off benzos and opiates at the same time would probably be the worst possible combination WD.

Alcohol. Then benzos.

Opiate withdrawal is rough, but it won't kill you.

Tramadol and fent were pretty bad for me. But, I'm finding Kratom helps a lot with the restless leg syndrome which is the worst symptom of withdrawal for me. It's like torture. Kratom doesn't make me high, i have to high a tolerance but it's kept fent w/d away, at least physically, and with a little Tramadol. But, i don't have the motivation to do anything but lay in bed and my body is getting sore from laying in bed. I'm trying to sit up for a while. Under my rib cage and stomach is sore from laying down for 3 days.

Just gotta get through one more day. Than i get my Oxy.

I usually had pods when i don't have my DOC but I ran out and didn't have money to order any. I had a small dose yesterday and that was it.

rpg

benzos by far.... only ova did it one time and comeing off was tourturous, back on tha fuckers now but am very carefull to stick to my perscribed dose, not wanting to go back there ever again:|

The withdrawal from high doses of benzos was terrible and lasted for months. GHB withdrawal was pretty nasty, and barb withdrawal was not fun either, but I had only been using barbs for 30 something days when I stopped...

Methadone and heroin withdrawal can be intense, but it is not long lasting. If I had known how tame methadone withdrawal was, I would have stopped long before I did....

I think I have done some damage to GABA receptors, because if I take an ambien tablet for one night, I will be in a light fog for about 2 days.

okay, i know, just from seeing people that benzo withdrawls, I think, are probably the worst....

BUT, I have never been addicted/tolerant to benzos and can only talk about opiates

fentanyl is tough to withdrawl from, and u feel like shit, but oxycodone is the worst...for me, fent withdrawl is only 2 days and it isnt nearly as horrible as oxycodone, but then again my fent habit was ~5mg a day for a few months, when my oxy habit had escalated to ~320mg a day (had been taking that for over a month) but had been taking oxycontin/oxycodone for over 2 years, never going more than probbaly 2 days without it, and when i was without it i had norco/vicks/etc

I just started taking Klonopin and Tramadol again today. I am going to stick to my prescribed dose as well as I can. I never want to go through benzo withdrawl again. Tramadol has been pretty bad for me, too. Almost worse than oxy.

thereoretically? probably inhalants
Temazepam was fucking hell, Absolute misery.
valium didn't even help the withdrawal with the obscene amount I was taking (oddly enough!), I had 2 seizures, neither damaging or fatal.
I'm on a slowww phenobarbital taper from the mazzies now (works fine)
Amphetamine withdrawal is psychological torture, IME.
IME, I'd give it to temazepam.

gorgoroth said:
thereoretically? probably inhalants
Temazepam was fucking hell, Absolute misery.
valium didn't even help the withdrawal with the obscene amount I was taking (oddly enough!), I had 2 seizures, neither damaging or fatal.
I'm on a slowww phenobarbital taper from the mazzies now (works fine)
Amphetamine withdrawal is psychological torture, IME.
IME, I'd give it to temazepam.

How much temazepam were you taking if you don't mind me asking?

kicking opiates and benzos at the the same time ie; herion and ativan was a long few days.....so i decided not to do it anymore (kick that is)

^^^

Amen. I kicked Oxy, Xanax, Klonopin, meth- and dextroampetamines all at once! Can't believe I lived through that, actually.

i withdrew from heroin a few times and just the thought of RLS is enough to keep me away from the opiates! i love them way too much but my hatred of wd keeps me away. not worth it for something that can ruin your life in so many ways.

benzo vs opioids withdrawal, which is worse

Would you rather go through xanax withdrawal or heroin withdrawals??

I never have been addicted to any sort of opioids but to all kind of benzos but 3 days - 6 day intense pain withdrawal sounds like candies to me compared to benzo addiction. Im so full of this

I would choose the heroin withdrawls they are severe but aren't as bad as a xanax withdrawl. The last time I withdrew from a 6mg a day habit I wanted to kill myself.That was the worst month of my entire life. For the first week of the wd's I was withdrawing from heroin too so it was a real nightmare , if yeah feel me.