Monster Massive Southern California 10/25/2008

Larr_E

Bluelighter
Saturday, October 25th, Go Ventures is proud to present the 11th installment of the Americas Largest Halloween Dance Music Festival – MONSTER MASSIVE.

Go Ventures will transform the Los Angeles Sports Arena into a Haunted World filled with sights and sounds beyond your imagination. We will create the ultimate Halloween environment, complete with the most advanced installation of Sound, Lighting and Visuals.

Headlining: 11th Annual Halloween Spooktactular featuring PAUL VAN DYK, JUDGE JULES, PETE TONG, MARKUS SCHULZ, STEVE LAWLER, JAMES LAVELLE, FELIX DA HOUSECAT, STEVE ANGELLO, SEBASTIAN INGROSSO, DJ REZA, JOHN O CALLAGHAN + much more

www.monstermassive.com
www.goventures.com

i'm definitely skipping out this year. with the masses of completely fucked up HSers in attendance last year, my night will be better spent at home. i hope those who attend have a great time but be prepared to get smashed by thousands of people, wet from all the sweat dripping off the walls and bumped into a million times by those who have no idea wtf is going on cuz they're so fucked up.

the lineup is decent though

LMFAO! hunter, i <3 u =D

that's exactly what it was like last year, 2006 wasn't as bad but still pretty damn close. i think my judgment has been tainted because i attended in 2000 when they opened up the entire outdoor area and had mazes and everything!

ugh Monster Massive was SO bad lst year. Out of the 6 years I have gone last year was the worst that post on rave links is so true haha.

I went last year, and it wasn't nearly as bad as you guys described it. Getting in I bumped into a couple people, but once we got in it was one of the best parties I've ever attended.

me and my group stayed in the bleachers for the most part and had our own party up there.

Schulz and AVB played a devastating set that night

Last year's Monster not only almost made me lose faith in the electronic music scene, it almost made me lose faith in the youth of humanity.

After leaving there, I almost wanted to burn down the Sports Arena.

But im still glad to hear some others had fun.

Main stream hip hop and emo make me faith in the youth of humanity. I guess raves give me a little hope...

KaliKid said:
I went last year, and it wasn't nearly as bad as you guys described it. Getting in I bumped into a couple people, but once we got in it was one of the best parties I've ever attended.

me and my group stayed in the bleachers for the most part and had our own party up there.

Schulz and AVB played a devastating set that night

and that's why you had a good time, you didn't walk anywhere! if you had actually walked around, you would've been run into, pushed around, stepped on, and picked up and carried off by a crowd of people. almost every single person i saw looked like they were about to pass out and/or keel over. i've been raving for 8.5 years and never, NEVER have i seen it so bad at a massive.

I've been to my share of events, what I've learned is you move as a team.

The group of my friends that I party with are like family. If we do move, we keep the girls in the middle, and everyone keeps an eye on one another.

Getting into the middle of a 60k party should be done in a 2 man team. If you have anyone other then that I would recommend chilling at the bleachers and enjoying the show.

^^ sounds like a pretty big hassle just to listen to bad music with rude people

^ it is.

you shouldn't have to uproot your entire group just so 2 people can go pee or grab some water. if you're moving to a different area, fine but for the most part, people had different musical tastes and sometimes they wanted to check out different stages. since the outdoor areas didn't have much, if any, seating we tended to chill in the stands most of the time but on the occasion that we did want to venture outside, it took close to an hour just to get to where we wanted to go.

theres always that 1 person in your group that wants EVERYONE to do everything TOGETHER. like buy water together, take a piss together, have a smoke together....

i am not going to MM this year.. im going to hard if i have time. better lineup

Well shizzy. I'm going. And yal making me feel like I shouldn't. I'd love to go to hard but that's on Halloween night. I have kids so I'm gonna be taking them trick or treating. MM is on a Saturday night so all is well and easy to call either one of their two grandmas and have a babysitter, plus no work the next day. A full day of rest. After quest I slept the whole damn day. Imma get a hotel this time though. Fuck the drive back to san diego.

Imma try my best to forget the things that you guys have said already bout MM and keep an open mind. I plan on having a good time even if all we do is sit in the bleachers and chill.

Anyone know what the rules will be or where I can find a list of things to bring or not bring? Like binks, glow sticks, and Vics is that type of shit a no no at MM?

Oh yeah before I go, I started a roll call thread for MM. After posting that thread I almost took it down when I saw this thread. I didn't want to take up space posting something that's already a thread. After reading all the post on this thread I think I'm gonna leave it up. This thread seems to be the place to trash MM. So if anyone is reading this and is going to MM despite the vibe its been given on this thread please hit up the roll call thread. I'd love to meet up with bluelighters there. I met so cool as shit bluelighters at quest and would love to meet more.

Peace,

Rollz

massive questions

I took the MM roll call thread off because it was dead. I again didn't want to clutter things up. It seems the a good majority of the posters on this thread has attended a massive or two. In the years past what has security been like? I know that at Quest security was really relaxed at the front door and then they were total pricks inside. Execpt for a few sorry P that sucked for you.

But yeah getting through the door was no sweat. Security inside was jackin kids left and right. I was wondering what security is like at Monster. I know in San Diego for events like street scene cops cruise around. But that's a block party event. Does security sweat you down at MM? Are there uniform cops in attendance? What has been the growing price of water there? Any help would be great.

MMFWCL!!!

Rollz

Man, security is always a bitch at the hudson man. You just have to keep your deals really lope there. However at massives its fucking easy as hell. There are just too many people for them to keep a decent eye out. So don't even sketch it, MM security will be 100 times easier.

760rollz said:
Well shizzy. I'm going. And yal making me feel like I shouldn't. I'd love to go to hard but that's on Halloween night. I have kids so I'm gonna be taking them trick or treating. MM is on a Saturday night so all is well and easy to call either one of their two grandmas and have a babysitter, plus no work the next day. A full day of rest. After quest I slept the whole damn day. Imma get a hotel this time though. Fuck the drive back to san diego.

Imma try my best to forget the things that you guys have said already bout MM and keep an open mind. I plan on having a good time even if all we do is sit in the bleachers and chill.

Anyone know what the rules will be or where I can find a list of things to bring or not bring? Like binks, glow sticks, and Vics is that type of shit a no no at MM?

Oh yeah before I go, I started a roll call thread for MM. After posting that thread I almost took it down when I saw this thread. I didn't want to take up space posting something that's already a thread. After reading all the post on this thread I think I'm gonna leave it up. This thread seems to be the place to trash MM. So if anyone is reading this and is going to MM despite the vibe its been given on this thread please hit up the roll call thread. I'd love to meet up with bluelighters there. I met so cool as shit bluelighters at quest and would love to meet more.

Peace,

Rollz
we gonna have a blast love! specially since it appears the lameos arent gonna be there!!!

(jk guys! no bad vibes!)

security is pretty lenient (at least the ladies are). they'll take away the usual stuff: drugs, weapons, pens, markers, open cig packs/gum/candy. just don't be stupid and you'll be fine.

FYI, there are cops and emergency service personnel waiting outside at all times so if you do get caught up, you will be handed over to local law enforcement but don't let them freak you out. like i said, just be cool and don't be stupid and try to sneak drugs into an event like this. plain clothes officers are patrolling around inside so don't do anything retarded while you're in there, either. my advice: BE COOL and you'll make it through the night without getting into trouble. you won't, however, be able to avoid the rave rain (sweat dripping from the ceilings/walls cuz it's so hot/crowded inside), the totally wasted teens and those assholes that run into you and don't even apologize. it's all part of the experience i guess. have fun!

word

Thanks for the heads up everyone. Now back to the roll call. If you are going to MM throw a post out and say so. It'd be chill as shit to meet some bl's. My first rave was quest and I ran into like 3 bl's. It was cool as shit and so were they. Once I met them I ran around in my happy space asking everyone if they were on bluelight or not. Some guy asked me what bluelight is, is it some kind of acid, and did I have anymore I lol'd. I had fun and would like to meet others from bluelight at MM. So I'd you are going send me a PM or something too. We can exchange numbers and meet up or something.

Well I've posted enough for tonight. Its late and the sleep pills are catching up with me.

Peace,

Rollz

I'm going dressed as Guile and my buddy is going to be Ryu. If you spot us feel free to say HI