Monster Massive Southern California 10/25/2008

Damien said:
I encountered a couple of cops at EDC. I was nice to them even walked up to one and gave him his nightstick back.

Why did you take the cops baton in the first place???

Shit yeah, we've checked into our hotel. The smog is covering the city. The candy kids are over taking the hotel. Its sold out at this hotel. Everywhere you turn here there's some one who's going to massive. The rave hasn't even started yet and I'm already lovin it. All the people who were talking shit don't even know. This is fun. Well I will report back after the rave. See you inside.

Peace,

Rollz

Real talk.

I understand why ALL the haters had something to say about prior Monster missive's. Ive been going for 4 years or so, i understand your concern and disliking.

let me stress Ive been doing "this" for a long time..... the scene, the buzz, the atmosphere. sometimes it gets old....there's no question about that

BUT

Undeniably.

THIS WAS BY FAR THE MOST AMAZING RAVE I HAVE EVER ATTENDED. and i have been to MANY.

1.I was surrounded with the people that matter to me the most
2.I had the worlds perfect buzz.... I mean seriously PERFECT
3. The atmosphere was something i have never seen.....EVER

70,000 people screaming in unison is orgasmic. The music was much much much better then expected.

The house section was FUCKIN POPIN. with a nasty lineup. and the main floor NEVER disappointed. EVEN PVD who i am not a fan of. did a descent job.

it was a MAD house in there with some CRAZY energy.

i spent the beginning part of my night on the main floor, before it got remotely packed. we made a smart decision to go upstairs. and remained there.

and of course. the walks in the tunnels were annoying and the bathrooms were in absolute HORRIBLE condition. but who gives a fuck. nothing is perfect. Just take it in stride and move on. why bitch?

What a rave.......

The only part about the night was loosing the car/spot we parked at for 45 minutes after MM. Did it have to be so foggy?

Larr_E said:
Why did you take the cops baton in the first place???
One of them dropped it when the line surged past their line. I picked it up off of the ground.

Well massive was alright. I saw that cuz while we were there it was enjoyable to a certain extent. It was way over crowded. I couldn't enjoy my head space while moving around because it was so crowded. I will hand that one to the people who said that the crowds would be unbearable. The line to get in was around an hour wait at 8:30 still. Twice while in line someone lost their ticket. Everyone in the line began searching for the lost ticket and once it was found the person who lost the ticket got it back both times. That was real cool to see everyone looking for the lost tickets and the persons getting them back. Security was easy as shit to get past. They just waved the metal detector wand over me, lifted up my shirt to look at my waste band and let me through. That was a relief considering :)

Once we got in we wandered around for a good while outside. We met some people talked and danced until we remembered that there was a main stage inside the arena. Then we made our way to the main stage. My head space was beginning to get good :) when we got to the main stage. The main stage was breath taking to behold with all the people, the music and the lights. After awhile though me and my wife decided that we were ready to go. We had seen what we wanted to see, and in my current condition the amount of people their was beginning to get to me. (I know, I know, you told me so) Plus my wife and I thought that it would be cool to go back to our hotel before her sister, N and her sister's boyfriend, Z so we could indulge ourselves while in our current mind state :) We texted N and Z and told them we had enough and we were returning to the hotel. (That was so hard to do as both my and my wife's eyeballs wouldn't stay still for even the shortest time.) N and Z said that they were going to stay still at the rave and we caught a cab back to the hotel. Looking back on the cab ride home I wonder what the cabi thought of the two grown adults who were chewing on pacifiers and asking him all sorts of questions about how he was and how he liked his job and all sorts of personal shit.

Well the cab got us to where we had to be and the real fun began. Eventually N and Z got back to the hotel too. They got back before the rave ended also. Once they got back Z pulled me aside and asked me if me and my wife wanted to have group sex with him and N. He said he asked N already if she would be into it and he says that she said it would be cool if my wife and I were into it too. Now let me remind you that my wife and N are sisters. My jaw dropped and asked if he was out of mind. What type of drugged up lunatic would ask such a thing?

Well the night ended and looking back at the event I would have to say that it was such a coll night even though I did not stay at massive till it ended. The whole experience was a blast. The hotel we stayed at was filled with ravers who went to massive. The rave although was overcrowded was fun, but the hotel afterwards was even more fun. Do I regret spending the money and going to Massive? No I do not. Will I ever go to another Massive? Probably not. But yes I had a great time on the night of the 25th.

PS when I told my wife what Z said to me she was even more shocked than I was. She was like what the fuck? Are they outta their E-tarded minds?!!!

Cheers,

Rollz

It was epic. The whole arena totally packed with people was quite a sight.

PS when I told my wife what Z said to me she was even more shocked than I was. She was like what the fuck? Are they outta their E-tarded minds?!!!
L O L, That is crazy. Guy has balls (and wants to use the apparently). So no more massives? I personally like smaller parties because they are cheaper and as long as the music is pumping I'm fine, they are just harder to find.

Damien said:
L O L, That is crazy. Guy has balls (and wants to use the apparently).

Yeah he wanted to use them. Lucky for him I was all loved up, otherwise he'd probably have lost them. lol

Damien said:
I personally like smaller parties because they are cheaper and as long as the music is pumping I'm fine, they are just harder to find.

After experiencing a Massive I have to completely agree with you. Smaller parties are a lot more fun and personal. I think I will only be going to small parties now. I went to a Massive, it was fun for what it was, but it's not for me.

Rollz

Ah, I would try at least one more. Maybe one with a better track record. I like em but the price limits them for me to usually about once a year. I've been a fan of EDC and Nocturnal in the past.

Nocturnal or EDC

Damien said:
Ah, I would try at least one more. Maybe one with a better track record. I like em but the price limits them for me to usually about once a year. I've been a fan of EDC and Nocturnal in the past.

I heard that Nocturnal was good this year from more than one person. I've heard that EDC is fun too. But isn't EDC at the LA Sports Arena too?

760 i HIGHLY recommend TAO. it is at the sports arena and it is on new years.

BUT insomniac sells MUCH less tickets to the event. i think the usual capacity for them is 30-40 thousand ( if they can even pull that off ). that number is PERFECT for the arena. and the crowd is not as young as monster massive.

NYE makes the event much less crowded as there are MILLIONS of other parties for people to attend. unlike MM

and armin van buuren for 9 hours? he is BY FAR the most solid DJ i have EVER seen live. and i have seen them ALL

and deadmau5 is spinning too. WHAT a line up.

bring your lady by, and have an AWESOME NYE.

I WILL SEE YOU THERE!

^ I've never been but I've heard that from more than one person.

EnYAY said:
760 i HIGHLY recommend TAO. it is at the sports arena and it is on new years.

BUT insomniac sells MUCH less tickets to the event. i think the usual capacity for them is 30-40 thousand ( if they can even pull that off ). that number is PERFECT for the arena. and the crowd is not as young as monster massive.

NYE makes the event much less crowded as there are MILLIONS of other parties for people to attend. unlike MM

and armin van buuren for 9 hours? he is BY FAR the most solid DJ i have EVER seen live. and i have seen them ALL

and deadmau5 is spinning too. WHAT a line up.

bring your lady by, and have an AWESOME NYE.

I WILL SEE YOU THERE!

Huh? Well its at least worth looking into right? I don't know though.

i liked TAO when i went for 2006/2007. it's true that the it's far less crowded because there are so many other things going on but you still get the young crowd because what else is there for them to do? they can't go to clubs/bars cuz they're under 21 so that just leaves the raves and other all age parties. once was enough for me and as i said, unless they start booking better acts, my ass is staying away from the LA massive scene.

my NYE will be spent with a group of close friends in a solitary, peaceful place up in the mountains, just as i did last year. good times

The real party will be after TAO ends at the Westin Bonaventure. You can catch me their with a bottle of Martini Rossi Asti Spumante, and bunch of molly.

i love the bonaventure. like, the actual building (i went to my HS winter formal there but didn't stay in one of the rooms). i love the fact that i'm within walking distance from it when i'm at work.

Your welcome to come party with us, were a bunch of down to earth guys/girls.

And did I mention we have a crate full of champagne? lol

~*geNeRaTiOn E*~ said:
i love the bonaventure. like, the actual building (i went to my HS winter formal there but didn't stay in one of the rooms). i love the fact that i'm within walking distance from it when i'm at work.

My sisters law school graduation was held there when i was a kid, then after my first rave ( giant summer 06) i stumbled in there not knowing where i was with some girls. the fountains inside looked so familiar. i was gurning lookin at them. and i remembered i had been there before. so i got on the elevator...... BAAAD IDEA.. they have REALLY cool elevators. but they FUCK you up. anyway. so i end up at the pool at 7 am. ( it was summer in la, we do this) and some 60 year old CEO looking guy was laying on the lawn chair. got up. went to the tip of the pool, screamed out. IM STILL ROLLING!!! and dove in.8o 8o 8o

I LOOOOOOVE LA

KaliKid said:
Your welcome to come party with us, were a bunch of down to earth guys/girls.

And did I mention we have a crate full of champagne? lol

i don't drink champagne and i'll be up in the mountains. thanks for the offer though, i'm sure we'll chill sometime in the future :)