• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe suboxone plugged (rectal buprenorphine)

A few times ive simply shoved a 2mg sub up my bum and its done the trick and been very nice.Not as nice as a full agonist opiated buzz but okay anyway...far better that putting it under your tongue.Less is more with bupe.

Can anybody tell me whether or not you need to filter your shot before you plug?

S.

You don't need to because, as Heezy said, you'll likely poop the remaining insolubles and fillers out in the next BM.

That being said, because I plug daily, I have always filtered because I still want it as safe as possible.

So I understand that for 2-4mg bupe 4-6ml water is appropriate?

S.

I think that is too much water IME. I use 1-2mL water for any amount from .25-4mg. I eye ball it now so I know how it looks.

EDIT: The measurements were faded on my oral syringe. I actually use 2mL-3mL water each time.

You don't have to worry about buprenorphine solubility either. It's 17mg/mL in water.

Last edited:
Have a question,
I switched recently from suboxone to buprenorphine because everytime I'd plug suboxone I'd get the shits (8-16mg at a time, twice a day [24mg daily, usually 1 morning, 2 @ night])
Well, I have bupe now, and I've been plugging it, but it doesnt seem too water soluble, I add water to the pill crushed, and suck it up through an oral syringe, (I use a piece of cotton wrapped around the tip of the oral syringe to act as a type of filter(there seem to be ALOT of fillers in bupe)
Every time I suck the water out of the spoon , theres ALOT of left over white stuff (which I believe to be fillers) what I've been doing with the left over stuff in the spoon is absorbing it with a piece of cotton the size of a Q tip and putting that under my tounge with some mouth wash (Alcohol helps increase the absorption of bupe orally correct?)
Well, I've been wondering if theres any long term damage that this can cause?

I've noticed that when I don't filter the pills and just suck up the water into the syringe, theres alot of material in the water that always floats to the top of syringe, Im wondering if that would eventually build up or have any long term effects. I started filtering the bupe for that reason alone, and theres alot of left over material in the spoon, when I add alcohol to that material, it just floats at the top of the alcohol , Im wondering if that means it's a filler, since, buprenorphine is soluble in alcohol right?

And even when filtering, I still notice alot of white/fillers from when I plugged when having a BM

suboxone and bupe are the same thing.

Did you switch from suboxone to subutex??

which is also still bupe just minus the naloxone or naltrex or whatevers in there.

*shrugs*

lol sorry. I have no idea why. It doesn't make sense to me.

Funny thing, I thought that about the 36hr half-life, and it IS for me, but my wife starts feeling strong symptoms by the time she gets home from work. Often! So, it is not finite. It's truly person to person.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to plug without a syring? Like a "warm paper towel like suggested on Hot Tub Time Machine...I've GOT to give my nose a rest....

Funny thing, I thought that about the 36hr half-life, and it IS for me, but my wife starts feeling strong symptoms by the time she gets home from work. Often! So, it is not finite. It's truly person to person.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to plug without a syring? Like a "warm paper towel like suggested on Hot Tub Time Machine...I've GOT to give my nose a rest....

Just buy a bag of oral syringes from the pharmacy, that's what I'm thinking of doing. I've never plugged anything in my life, haven't IVed anything in over a year, and have been on Suboxone for the past year and a half. My original ROA was snorting the pills, but after a while it started to make me sneeze a whole lot and was hurting my sinuses. Now I get the strips cheaper than the pills off the street and I get absolutely no buzz whatsoever from taking them sublingually. I'm definitely thinking of trying plugging Suboxone, but I'm not sure what dose to start with. I take 4mg daily sublingually, though I try to do less, and I get a slight buzz for the first thirty minutes which goes away quickly. I'm thinking of starting with just 1mg plugged, but I've never done it so I'm not sure, I know that if I'm gonna plug it I don't want to do as much as I do sublingually.

I just bought an oral syringe from the pharmacy and will be experimenting with plugging for the first time in my life today. I think I'm going to start with just 1mg Suboxone, considering I take around 4mg sublingually daily. I'm guessing I should use warm water and use as little water as possible. I already pooped once today so hopefully my bowels aren't stuffed with crap. Time to try this, it will be the first time I ever stick anything in my ass and I just hope it doesn't feel too gay. Hopefully it will help me lower my dose so I don't use as much suboxone each day. :eek:

I plugged 1mg-1.5mg about an hour ago and I'm not really feeling that much of a buzz, a lot less than I expected. I barely used any water and the solution wasn't as orange as I thought it would be. I plugged it and laid down for fifteen minutes, I then walked around and about 45-50 minutes later I feel it hit me. I took another 1mg sublingually so hopefully that'll be the icing on the cake.

Strip plug

Not an extension cord- sorry poor attempt at humor.
Anyway, would I be able to just shove a strip up there and let it dissolve?
I'm guessing yes, but does anyone have experience doing it that way? I read the poster who plugged the 2mg pill just by itself, so I guess it's no problem, but again, just checking for personal experiences.

Thanks.

someone help! I was first on 1 a day, the dr didnt understand me and when i came in there shaking he put me on 3. well now i am down to supposed to take 1 and 3/4 instead of 2 and today I've probably had 5! I've shot 16 mgs, snorted at least 4, and sub. the rest.

i am just so stressed out and want to get high every waking minute and i tried all day and its 5:39 and all I got is a mild buzz probably do to receptor inhibitors!!!
I am a slave.

on topic: Im reading, It has less bioavailability than snortin but dam i cant snort these pills much I ususally get strips but got pills today just to snort and forgot how damn clogged up that shit gets me. I need an enema or I'd try it I only got 1 rig cause my others got thrown away when i went to jail....:/

ok so my friend has been taking suboxone or about 3 months now, she takes 1- 8mg pill twice a day, and recently she heard about plugging and was curious about trying it. What mg should she try plugging at first? She's been reading this thread and everyone seems to be plugging anywhere between 1-4mgs. which seems like a really small amount. but then again with doing it rectally, Im guessing you wouldn't really need a whole lot. Open to any sugguestions!!!! thanks- Nicoale :)

ed it

I said fuck it & tried it!It definatly worked well ; for a bit i was actually nodding watching TV.All i had were the sublingual film , 8 millagrams.So i took a syringe that they use to give kids meds , it was like $3 dollars ; thats rediculous!Anyhow i put a litle over a little over 1 ml. of warm water in it after i took the plunger out.Then i folded the strip long ways & sqeezed it so it would keep its shape ; i didnt want it getting stuck in the tube.Anyhow i dropped the "stick in it" & proceeded to put the plunger back in & immediatly seen that it was sticking down by the plunger & it looked pretty solid.So i thought it wouldnt disolve.Its my next to last Strip so i thought the worse...It was all good though.I gave it some room & shook it , it was gone in like a minut.It was a light orange colore.

This was the first time i did anything like this.I was surprised that the oral syring didnt drip or anthing ; it stayed put.Made things alot easier to.To be honest the the process wasnt very pleasant.Its wouldnt be easy to do either unless u were in a private situation.I could fix & shoot a bag way way faster than it takes to just to lay down , prepped & plugging.Plus i would rather get caught with a needle in my arm than laying on my side with a needle , a big ass needle , stuck up my ass.Fuck man , could u imagine getting caught by your mom , girlfriend . boyfriend , shit , anyone while u were plugging.I can explain a needle but having a 10 ml. syring in my ass...I wouldnt know where to start.All jokes aside though i definatly felt something today , from my Sub.Usually it just keeps me functional...I can even sleep.I need atleast 8 millagrams to maintain. I felt good all day & still was fully functual.

Overall , it was worth the discomfort and i will try it again , maybe with something different but ill definatly do the Sub again.I dont think it will to often.I guess it would depend on what i had.Up until now i thought i trid everything , even hot railing but thats whats good about knowledge ; theres always more to learn...

The Next Day

I just wanted to add i still felt it the next day after Plugging.Anyone else experience this?

my friend tried doing 4mgs of suboxone by plugging, and she did everything the right way, laid on her side for an hour and still nothing....so then she decided to take
3mgs of Ativan. She felt the atty's but nothing as far as any euphoria from the sub's. I was thinking maybe she needs more since she takes 8mgs twice a day? Any
suggestions????? thanks- Nicoale

I dont see any reason you couldnt plug Ativan & Bupe.Mixing Benzos & Bupe can be deadly though.Bupe isnt a full Agonist but trust me , when you mix benzos with it & you dont know your tolerance , it could end up being a bad scene!Plus you want to take into consideration that the combination of the two drugs will hit you harder when your plugging it!So be careful & dont do as much Ativan as you usually would take orally until you see how it affects you.

This is like my 25th or 26th day of coming off 120 millagrams of Methadone.I was on Subs for 7 1/2 years before i switched to Methadone...Anyhow i was maintaining on 8 millagram strips for around a week but then i couldnt find any Subs & today was my 3rd day without anything ; it was starting to get rough.I could of easily scored a stamped bag , Oxys , etc...but im afraid once i do that i wont be able to stop!
Anyhow i finally scored an 8 millagram strip & plugged it.I thought i felt it the first time i plugged but it hit me hard today.I feel great!Except for the fact that i could of divided that up into 2 millagram doses & plugged it every other day & would of tapered down enough to just go through the rest of my withdrawl!Im an addict though , so i did it all & dont know where to get anymore...not for sure.I still cant believe how much i feel that 8 millagrams.If i would of put it under my tounge i would of got well but that would of been it.
I hope i can get into a sub Docter soon ; im on 4 different waiting lists!Theres a clinic thats completly free , Subs & all , if you do 9 hours a week of Out Patient Counsling for up to 3 Months , depending on how well you do but they wont take you if you cant give a clean UA...except for weed.They give you a Month to get that out of your system.Ive been eating Xanax , K Pins & Valium & thats there main concern.So thats not an option either!
Im glad i looked at this Thread though.Atleast i can get the most out of my subs without using a needle.I cant snort Subs!I gag & throw up as soon as i do it.Plus it seems like all thats around anymore are the strips.Hopefully next time i can control myself & divide the 8 millagrams up so my tolerance goes down & when i do go through withdrawl it wont be so bad.Thank you Captain Herion!!!

Naseau

Slowly push the plunger down,( o yeah always make sure its mixd up in the syringe, u mite need to shake it..) you should feel the warm watter up there, so when its all out, slowly take out teh syringe. and continue laying on ur side for 25-30 mins. watch a movie, play video games, whateva, jus lay on ur side. 10-15mins you will feel a nice warm buxz come in. verry mello and calm. Usualy lasts a nice 3-4 hours. Be safe and always throw away used syringes! Hit me back for more info, hope well for ya.

Did this with 2mg today for the first time. Usually take 2-8 sublingual depending on what I have. Gotta say I did get a nice little buzz rush after about ten minutes but i had to stand up. I felt as if Id had wicked bad indegestion and very nauscious. Its 20 minutes now since Ive done it, still waiting because Im pretty sure Im gonna be puking. Did feel nice tho

Tried it

I'm on 12mg/day SL. For some reason 12 hours after my morning 12mg dose, I'm able to shoot dilaudid and get high as a kite. I told me doc this and he bumped me up to 16...but also switched me to the tablets (even though I told him the prescribing info says the film has higher SL BA). Anyway came home, took 100mg hydroxyzine orally, 0.1m clonidine orally, a few klonopin, and plugged 24mg suboxone. Starting to feel a bit relaxed 1/2 hour later but that's probably the klonopin. I suspect pluggin 24mg was a waste, I shoulda at most plugged the same amount I use SL. (BTW 8mg SL doesn't hold me at all, by next morning diarrhea, back ache, runny nose etc. Even at 12 I still get diarrhea; only at 16 does it constipate me)/

I just want to feel SOMETHING like everyone claims they do when they plug. Cause in my experience, increasing dose of bup SL over my normal 12 has no effect at all, no matter how much more I take.

A comment about the shooting which I saw discussed earlier in this thread. (bad idea BTW). I've shot buprenex (pure buprenorphine made for injection) ampules IV, and I've shot suboxone IV. The subjective experience is definitely different. The buprenex is felt immediately, though "rush" is not a word I'd use to describe. Just a slight sense of ease. Then over 10 to 20 minutes the effects become more pronounced.

When I've IV'd suboxone (again, bad idea, glad I only did it a few times) I did not get the immediate feeling of relief. The same 10 to 20 minute window passed and I began to feel it. The naloxone is NOT just "placebo". Yes, bup has a higher affinity for the mu receptor; but affinities are an equilibrium. In other words, the naloxone and bup hit your receptors at the same time and start attaching. Bup has a much higher affinity, but when they both hit your brain at the same time that doesn't matter at first. Since this the binding affinity is an equilibrium constant, bup (and naloxone) are constantly letting go and reattaching. Most often the bup will win, but every now and then naloxone will hit the receptor first. Since it has a lower affinity, it will let go sooner, and probably be replace by bup. But bup doesn't "knock" naloxone off the receptor (I'm not aware of anything that actually causes a ligand to dissociate from a receptor); the naloxone will stay for whatever period of time it normally stays attached, then drift off, and probably be replaced by bup which will stick like glue. The equilibrium is driven by affinity and ratio of bup to naloxone; that's why a bup OD is treated with a constant naloxone drip. As the occasional bup drops off a receptor, the naloxone will replace it for a short time. Increase the amount of naloxone (the drip) and you drive the equilibrium more in favor of naloxone binding. This is a process constantly happening in the body hundreds of thousand of times a second -- ligands drop off the receptor, float around, and bind to another. Bup tends to do this far less than most things as it tends to not let go, but in the first few minutes after IV suboxone, the naloxone and bup are both grabbing receptors. Within a few minutes enough naloxone has dissociated that the bup occupies the majority of the receptor. If you already have bupe in your system, the naloxone has even less of a chance. This is why the effects of buprenex vs suboxone IV are different. Maybe not for everyone, and there are certainly people who say they feel the bup immediately when they IV sub (and I believe them). But I wonder if those people have ever IV'd pure buprenorphine for comparison. There was a time when I was not on BMT and I IV'd suboxone about affter 3 days free from any opiates and immediately got that cold "oh-shit" sensation of WD and had to evacuate my bowels; it went away in a few minutes. Pure bupe never did that.

Think back to your chem classes about equilibrium and how they can be driven in a certain direction by adding a component to one side. Then think back to your pharm classes about pharmacokinetics and binding affinities. Then it will make sense.

Now that I've totally diverted the thread, back on topic: feeling nicely relaxed now, but still just feels like it klonopin. Don't think increasing the bpu so much was necessary. But by god I'mm starting to nod a bit. Of course with that cocktail I'd probably be noding anyway. I do no recommend anyone take multiple sedative with a high bupe dose; I know my body and my meds and I have a very high benzo tolerance.

ok definitely nodding now. I;m off, gonna go operate some heavy machinery or use a table saw or maybe clean my gutters.