Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Our view on the american election

Flinch

Bluelighter
Well, I dont know to much about the american political debate, i dont really watch to much tv and just get a bit of news from radio, but from the looks of it, McCain is scary, but who he chose to be vice president? I duno her name, but saw a video of her at the election, i dunno what they call it, caucus? Her and the crowed look like your stereotypical old fashion American housewife and so did the crowd! and she called herself a hockymum, and the crowd were all just cheering.

Its fckn freaky :|

As for my typing, bad habit from txting on phone...

Last edited:
Well, John McCain, and Sarah Palin represents the conservative right, so I guess you could call them old fashioned, though many other less polite terms spring to mind.

In my opinion having her as VP is a cynical grab for the votes of stupid women, with the hope that they'll vote for the party with a woman, even if what she stands for is bad for women in general. Of course people are pretty stupid so who knows.

the whole thing is just an outa hand cuircus IMO, false democracy @ it's best...a good way to keep the populice of the country busy 4 a good long while.:|

Yeah it really is a joke aye.

I mean are they truly serious that these are the two best equipped people in the country to run the country?

Luddy nora.

I hope they give the dark dude a go cos just maybe it will help bring the country together and also he seems to have half a brain..........but then maybe its all just spin?

As for the hockey mums deputy business..........I heard she was up the duff to an 18 year old who wants her to have an abortion.

No i think the deputys 17 year old daughter is pregnant to her hick boyfriend hockey player?

Anyway, i hope Obama wins. but if he does i dont think he will last long, apparently in America you can bet on how long it will be til he gets assasinated...how sick is that?!

I am finding it hard to care at the moment given our state government is basically just imploding.

As for the topic at hand, i'm sorry but I really dont know what you are talking about or what the point is

eggman which state?
NSW yes fuck NSW

I thought Morris Iemma was cool, until i lived in sydney over 12 months.

American Election? = Australian Reaction of fuck off don't care

I'm all for Obama.
I don't like his chances of winning though.
He's too smart to be president of the United States.
American presidents have a history of being dumb as dog shit and McCain fits the bill. Judging from some of his videos on YouTube he seems dumber then Bush if thats possible.

^ too true
the rebublicans got tha votes of all the gun nuts and also those whacky fundamentilist christians, which is basicly 80% of the whole country:|

IXinX said:
eggman which state?
NSW yes fuck NSW

I thought Morris Iemma was cool, until i lived in sydney over 12 months.

Yeah man thats the one. Our half arsed nil charisma premier has been replaced by a minister who has managed one of the most fucked up and backward portfolios in the business.

endlesseulogy said:
I'm all for Obama.
I don't like his chances of winning though.
He's too smart to be president of the United States.
American presidents have a history of being dumb as dog shit and McCain fits the bill. Judging from some of his videos on YouTube he seems dumber then Bush if thats possible.

I don't think so. McCain's voting record over the last decade and his clashes with the more mainstream conservative republicans shows a reasonable level of common sense and intelligence. I think McCain as president would be far less divisive and ineffectual as Bush.

My major problem with the republicans (apart from the fact that they are conservate!) is Palin. McCain is someone I could deal with as president. Joe Biden is someone I could deal with as president if anything happened to Obama (I think Obama gave this as one of his reason for picking Biden). Sarah Palin is not someone, by any stretch of the imagination, who would make a successful president of the US. She seems far too insular and right wing to govern effectively and I don't even want to think about foreign policy (her 'god's plan' comment re: iraq = wtf!)

I'm glad Hilary lost to Obama because she is a cunt. Do I see Americans electing a black guy? Probably not, but I'm hoping.

As for McCain, as far as Republicans go, he was pretty far against a lot of the decisions Bush made, so much so that he came close to quitting and running for the Democrats according to an interview I read.

He's still probably a conservative git but I think he would make a much better president than Bush.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks American politics don't affect us is dreaming.

I really, *really* hope Obama wins.

yossarian_is_sane! said:
I don't think so. McCain's voting record over the last decade and his clashes with the more mainstream conservative republicans shows a reasonable level of common sense and intelligence. I think McCain as president would be far less divisive and ineffectual as Bush.

My major problem with the republicans (apart from the fact that they are conservate!) is Palin. McCain is someone I could deal with as president. Joe Biden is someone I could deal with as president if anything happened to Obama (I think Obama gave this as one of his reason for picking Biden). Sarah Palin is not someone, by any stretch of the imagination, who would make a successful president of the US. She seems far too insular and right wing to govern effectively and I don't even want to think about foreign policy (her 'god's plan' comment re: iraq = wtf!)

You may be right and I might be generalising, however I was under the impression that the Democrat's major trump card against McCain was the fact that we was a Bushite? I am not that well versed in American politics but thats what seemed clear to me from all the speeches and campaign ads.

endlesseulogy said:
You may be right and I might be generalising, however I was under the impression that the Democrat's major trump card against McCain was the fact that we was a Bushite? I am not that well versed in American politics but thats what seemed clear to me from all the speeches and campaign ads.

Nah McCain is very much not a bushite. As lostpunk says there was a time when he was going to run for the democrats and if certainly one of the least conservative republicans. It suits Obama's campaign to paint him as four more years of bush. However, given the lengths he's going to have to go to to appease the republican's support base, we may very well see continuation of the same policies.

I think its stupid that the voters first have to vote for the party leader (ie Obama vs Clinton)- this seems to divide people who are voting fot the same party, so much so that some Clinton supporters have threatened to vote for McCain because she didnt get in!

I've always had this notion that if America insists on being a world super power and running around dictating who can have what political system then everyone in the world should have a chance to vote in the US election.

The actual population of America via internal policy would probably benefit from this too.