• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Our view on the american election

Did anyone watch the first debate? I watched about a third of it... I will probably watch more later.

McCain gets the same look on his face when he's lying that my boyfriend does :D

^ Don't get in a car accident than leaves you semi-disfigured then, or he'll leave you for someone younger and richer

BREAKaBEAT said:
As is the denigration of the English language :!

Go be a bloody grammar nazi somewhere else. Geez.

I really don't think Obama will last long as President, if he gets in. Like someone else said, I think there is a good chance that they American political system will find some way to get rid of him, or at the very least, discredit him (As soon as the media finds out a politician has smoked pot, they turn them into the devil). Plus the fact that the people who would vote for Obama probably won't even turn up to the voting booths. I'm sure compulsory voting in the states would have a slight beneficial effect.

Whatever political party does get in will affect Australia and the rest of the world. As ridiculous as it sounds, it is frustrating that the world can only hold their breath and hope for the best. Especially when one of them just keeps saying their will be 'change' and the other is just pushing the same old thing.

DoctorShop said:
As soon as the media finds out a politician has smoked pot, they turn them into the devil

George Bush = Cocaine user in the late 70s / early 80s

DoctorShop said:
Plus the fact that the people who would vote for Obama probably won't even turn up to the voting booths.

Blue states = Coastline
Red states = Everything else

You only have so much coast to go around. Everything comes down to around four swing states in the middle.

DoctorShop said:
Especially when one of them just keeps saying their will be 'change' and the other is just pushing the same old thing.

Obama has two decent books out (yes, actual books). The latter of which, "The Audacity Of Hope", outlines his policies across most platforms. In case you didn't want to read 288 pages, there's a convenient summary in .PDF form on his website

www.barackobama.com/pdf/ObamaBlueprintForChange.pdf

Fuck, when did I turn into onetwothreefour?

Last edited:
I'd actually be really interested in read something written by Obama. I vaguely remember hearing that he'd written a couple of books.

Thanks for the pdf, I'll definitely read it.

preacha said:
George Bush = Cocaine user in the late 70s / early 80s

Slightly off topic, Brett Easton Ellis was one of George Bush's favourite authors.

wow Sarah Palin is pretty damn stupid. You'd think there'd be an aptitude test one must pass to run as President or VP.

McCain2008.jpg

I read that an actuary firm had calculated that McCain's chance of dying in office is 25%

vanth said:
I read that an actuary firm had calculated that McCain's chance of dying in office is 25%

Is that conditioned on the event that he wins the election?

Yes I think so. The stress and all that. He is 72 so he'll probably die in the next 10 years anyway.

Australians back Obama as US president
Posted Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:00am AEDT

Australian voters overwhelmingly support Democratic nominee Barack Obama over Republican rival John McCain in the US presidential election.

A survey by the University of Sydney shows Senator Obama polls 76 per cent to Senator McCain's 13 per cent in Australia.

The survey also found nearly 70 per cent of Australians are angry at or ashamed of "things America has done".

Two thirds of the people surveyed described Americans as "violent", "greedy" and "ignorant", but also as "hard-working".

Australian opinion on America's role in Iraq is mixed.

About half believe America should leave within 12 months, but one third believes troops should stay until the job is done.

ABC News

If mccain / palin win this election, im opting out of a capitalist lifestyle.