• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Downloaded anything stellar from Wii Ware, XBox Live,or the Playstation store lately?

CII~360

Bluelighter
It seems nowadays you do not even need to leave your house if you want to play a new game. If you have any of the next gen systems and online capability, you can download content straight from the internet.

Being a gamer all my life, most of my favorite games of all time, I have purchased through word of mouth. Someone telling me it is great.
So I started this thread so other gamers can share their opinions on any great (or sucky) games you have purchased online, because you can not "trade in" or exchange downloaded games.

I will share a couple of Wiiware games that I give five stars. One is called Magnetica Twist.
It is your basic "line up three colors" and they dissappear game, but extremely fun to play..especially with another player.

2626299450_17d28e2ea9.jpg

I also have Final Fantasy ~My Life as a King.
77614-29165-t_final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles-wii-finally-revealed.jpg

It is kind of like a "Final Fantasy Sim City".
(It is a fun game as is... No need to buy any add ons, and I refuse to)
I am still getting into it, but it is definatly keeping my interest.
If you have a Wii and a few extra bucks, it is worth the fifteen bucks.

So, I got about 2000 Wii points for my birthday, any suggestions?

Anyone downloaded anything cool lately?

For the xbox I've downloaded Bomberman and Worms because they're a good laugh with drunk mates after the pub

i loooooooooooooove geometry wars 2 for xbox live. braid and castle crashers are two brand new releases that ill probably be getting. braid is like a meta/philosophical super mario brothers.

I just downloaded "Castle Crashers" yesterday on XboxLive Arcade and it's fucking sweet. It's an oldschool beat-em-up game kinda like battletoads/double dragon/streets of rage, but it has more depth to it. You can level and allocate points to different abilities (strength, magic, health/def., agility) which affect how you will do. You can use a bow, magic spells, or a ton of random weapons you find along the way which can have attribute modifiers (i.e. +1 strength). It also has a really unique and comical cartoony art style. At certain points, scared animals shoot a stream of explosive diarrhea which propels them off-screen, certain bosses try to take a shit on your head, etc. It's a fucking riot and perfect for Co-op play (has local and online co-op for up to 4 people). The only downside is the price point which is kinda steep at $15.00. Download the demo and check it out; I really dig the game.

holy shit! braid is the best demo i played in ages. might seriously buy this.

ha hell ya, worms is 1 of the best arcade games they have, i bought it too. whats your gamer tag?

btw braid was really cool. but i dont think its worth buying... castle crashers looks pretty unoriginal imo

not that you can actually buy it but I did happen to download the Socom beta. It's pretty stellar once you get back in the socom rythym

Rusty Cage said:
not that you can actually buy it but I did happen to download the Socom beta. It's pretty stellar once you get back in the socom rythym

I know exactly what you are talking about when you say "socom rythym" ...lol.

Cool game.

I've got Dr. Mario, the Strongbad game, and Defend Your Castle. The only one i'd recommend is the Strongbad game, although it's short.

Wiiware: Bomberman Blast

I totally recommend this to any wii owner - 8 player online, even with multiple people on the same wii. I haven't encountered any lag in it at all; it's a lot better than brawl anyway. Has anyone else downloaded this?

only the demo. i used to love bomberman multiplayer. but it doesn't tickle me as much as it used to for some reason.

Actually I've had this one for a while but on xbox live the game alien hominid is a great cartoon platformer. The animation is cool as hell and the game play is tough enough to keep you coming back. In game demos you can also download the force unleashed demo. I've never been a big star wars fan but there is something about being a super powerful bad guy that really gets the blood flowing. A great game

Force Unleashed could be good or complete shite

Got Alien Hominid for the PS2 lol, was £1.50

CII~360 said:
It seems nowadays you do not even need to leave your house if you want to play a new game. If you have any of the next gen systems and online capability, you can download content straight from the internet.

Being a gamer all my life, most of my favorite games of all time, I have purchased through word of mouth. Someone telling me it is great.
So I started this thread so other gamers can share their opinions on any great (or sucky) games you have purchased online, because you can not "trade in" or exchange downloaded games.

I will share a couple of Wiiware games that I give five stars. One is called Magnetica Twist.
It is your basic "line up three colors" and they dissappear game, but extremely fun to play..especially with another player.

2626299450_17d28e2ea9.jpg

I also have Final Fantasy ~My Life as a King.
77614-29165-t_final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles-wii-finally-revealed.jpg

It is kind of like a "Final Fantasy Sim City".
(It is a fun game as is... No need to buy any add ons, and I refuse to)
I am still getting into it, but it is definatly keeping my interest.
If you have a Wii and a few extra bucks, it is worth the fifteen bucks.

So, I got about 2000 Wii points for my birthday, any suggestions?

Anyone downloaded anything cool lately?

I got Dr. Mario Online and it is not too shabby!

if you are into ateroids type games then super stardust HD is kickass on the playstation network. it can get kinda repetitive, but tehy update it every once and a while. i am waiting on my ps3 to be sent back to me, after a year of use it craped out on me and thank god i had a warranty!

dloaded the demo to fifa09. beautiful to look at. annoying to play.

^ Couldn't agree more.

I was always a PES fan, but the new PES is a load of shite.. slightly improved graphics of the players only and fixed the off-side bug.

Will take some getting used to, actually playing like a team instead of using mad skills to dodge everyone like I did on PES with its fun to play when drunk arcade style.

Tom Clancy's Endwar is interesting.. though I haven't messed with it past the first level, so far... and in that I didn't even move my guys around.

It's almost all voice activated.. and can be played, I guess.. completely by voice (once in game).

A sample voice command is, "Unit 1 Attack Hostile 1" or something like that... and others. It's pretty cool how fast it reacts, too... and your troops will talk to you through the mic.. like, to say if it's a good idea or not.. or if it can even be done..

Probably one of the most innovative RTS games to hit consoles. As someone else said in another forum... "How do you fix the crappy controls for RTS on consoles? Get rid of them!"