• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

⫸STICKY⫷ The Delphic Oracle- Know Thyself: P&S Social Ampitheatre of Doom

There's such a thing as mod burnout for a reason. Can we please not talk about that here? It happens enough elsewhere. It makes me feel tired.

I went to my friend's house tonight and smoked some bowls and watched a live stream of a Dead & Co show. The drums and space they did was beautiful.

You're projecting super hard, swilow. It's not like trashing the shelves of a library at all. What did he ruin? Yes, someone had to clean up a few posts. And, what's more important? A fellow bluelighter's well-being or a few minutes of a mod's time?

Not sure what I'm projecting. We may have to agree to disagree. I just think levels could have achieved his aim in a more mature and productive way, instead he forced the hand of senior staff. I think its destructive and negative but he made his choice and I disagree with it.

:\

You're projecting super hard, swilow. It's not like trashing the shelves of a library at all. What did he ruin? Yes, someone had to clean up a few posts. And, what's more important? A fellow bluelighter's well-being or a few minutes of a mod's time?

This.

A person can volunteer to help co ordinate and run any kind of helpful organisation including this one. Even better, a person can choose to actively support an organisation without any kind of kudos at all and expecting nothing in return.

Time is volunteered and needed, its hard when theres volunteers who are pulling others weight as happens in rotary. Its usually my dad who does all the recycling and trailor driving and 3 others yet theres 59 members who turn up for staff functions.

So yeah its volunteer work, also the purpose of harm reduction is time consuming especially talking people down from a ledge and getting them away from harm. Having had more than enough phone calls, messenger convos and emergency accomodation and also bail to arrange, its tough being a bluelighter. All those incidents were not even done when I was on staff.

Thats the thing about stepping up and seeing the big picture. Giving a helping hand without expecting anything in return is actually when you get the return. The thank you, someone is okay now etc. Not asked for but earned pride.

How anyone here choose to spend their time is on them, druggies are not the most predictable and stable people so being there for them isnt for everyone but I love my fellow druggies and hope they are made welcome here despite their issues.

This.

A person can volunteer to help co ordinate and run any kind of helpful organisation including this one. Even better, a person can choose to actively support an organisation without any kind of kudos at all and expecting nothing in return.

Yes, but when mods have to take shit from bluelighters for enforcing BLUA and forum guidelines, it gets a bit problematic. No matter how you turn it, swilow is not in the wrong here. You are. I normally don't engage with disgruntled bluelighters - because I have better things to do with my time - but your recent attacks on mods have crossed the line. If anybody has been getting special treatment, then it's you due to your past mod status. You did do a good job, but as I understand you also had to take quite a lot of shit. So you should know how it feels. Hope you stop it sooner rather than later.

There is no excuse for your current behaviour. Anyway, I have nothing more to say to you for now. Perhaps you need to take a break from bluelight. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
swiloh! bd! shout out to all these muhfuggin moderators

I imagine you have to have the right measure of patience and bite. Haha.

How's all?

Hey man! I'm doing... it's complicated. My crazy ex is fucking with me and I'm trying to get divorced... she's preventing me from refinancing my mortgage to fix my roof. My dad is almost at the end of his life. And I got a DUI last week that's kind of exploding my life, SO much lawyer stuff and expenses and "drug treatment" and community service and license suspension for a year. But I'm pushing forward and doing one thing at a time and it'll get better. My girlfriend is amazing, and she's moving into my house with me in September and has just overall been incredible through everything.

How are you doing? What's been up?

Wow that some crazy stuff, but I read your PD thread and was happy to see you're drifting through it with clear understanding of how it's playing out for the time being.

Girlfriends are nice, mine is also amazing. Love that lady.

I've been doing really good man, better than usual and 2018 has turned out to be a year of adjusting to the multiple developments in my life I've made as opposed to rapidly adding new ones.Which is nice, so slow and so simple. I'm a little irritated that I get anxious while reading books, especially when it involves subject matter not relevant to my schooling, like reading "Timaeus" and "Critias" by Plato or "The Naked Warrior" by Pavel Tsatsouline, but it'll be chill haha.

Just keep rolling with the punches man, you're smart as fuck and you've got hella support. I can't express how sorry I am to hear your father is nearing the end. I remember how difficult it was when mine passed, but surely our experiences differ due to age.

oh and I lost some goddamn weight. lol was obese when I joined here at around 215 pounds, but I've dropped to a nice 155, which is 70kg for any of you eurolads

Nice and trim buddy :) I need to do the opposite tbh.

Nice to see your name again <3

Nice man, glad to hear you're doing well, and that's a lot of weight, good work. :) Yeah my dad has ALS, he's been slowly deteriorating for the last 5 years. Or actually almost 6. He's made it longer than the vast majority of people with ALS. He's almost 100% paralyzed, he can only breathe with assistance and it's really, really hard for him to talk. He's constantly anxious. It's pretty terrible to see. I live 700 miles away so it's out of sight, out of mind a lot, but I've been visiting every couple of months recently. Gonna go again next weekend and spend some time in northern Wisconsin on the lake with my family. Also my little brother and his wife just had a baby, my first nephew, so I'm trying to visit more often for that, too. Life's a trip, but mostly it's good.

What are you studying?

Oh man that's a heart ache but your dad is for sure a trooper. And a nephew! How exciting

studying? Your Erowid reports, mostly!

I'm studying what you usually study in a broken school system. My free time is more interesting. French and Brazilian Portuguese. Java. I have a copy of Rang and Dale's Pharmacology whic, far more interesting than regular textbooks. A History of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russell.

Can buy cigarettes in November. Not that I smoke really. :\

Haha, aw that's sweet. :)

Cool, I love Java. Can't remember if you know this or not, but I'm a computer programmer. I mostly do web programming, HTML, javascript/jquery, .NET, etc, but on the side at my job I make Java applications that automate some more tedious programming tasks or create XML imports to create projects automatically. It's really fun, music is much more my passion but programming gives me a steady, well-paying salary job which is really, really nice. I figured you were in college by now, you have any plans to go? What would you study if you do? If you're into programming I'd highly recommend it, I self-taught myself how to program with my TI-83 calculator (way back in 1997/1998), and then in C. Then when I went to college for it, it was really fun and easy, the classes filled in the blanks and I was always ahead of the curve. Got a good job, my current job, right out of school, bought a house at age 25, and now I get to pursue music without worrying about being broke.

legendary xork. I didn't know you were savvy with the language of computers as you are with the language of the ears! hah

Hells yeah I plan on attending college. I graduate in 10 months. I'll likely major in something chem related so I can apply for pharmacy school.

But I don't want to be a pharmacist or whatever for the rest of my life. I just want to use a PharmD as a segway into working for companies concerned with health and fitness, supplements, lifestyle stuff, and I want to have the information and qualifications to back up any innovations I may or may not create within a company. Programming is more of a side intellectual thing that I really enjoy as a hobby, but would definitely consider it as a career.

though this is all subject to change of course, but I feel fairly sure :sus:

Nice, sounds like you have a good plan outline. :) That's good, a lot of people don't have a plan and go to college and end up with a degree they don't use.

Just had a good band session. We have 2 shows in 3 days next weekend. First shows in a while, I'm pumped.

Does next week end start on the 21st?

I wish I lived a psychedelic life like performing music for groups of people. That's such a great passion to have tbh. What style of music do you play? Or are you lucid in your genre?

A genre is hard to specify, but it's sort of a blend of rock, funk, jazz and classical influence. We call it "space rock" but it's been pretty difficult to describe.

And yeah the weekend that starts the 21st. :) We have shows the 21st and the 23rd, both in the same venue. Hoping for a regular gig there. It's been a while since we played any shows, my town is exploding in population and there are SO many musicians, so it's getting harder and harder to actually get shows.

How was it mate? I feel space rock is a good name for such a lucid art form. Haha, funny thing about space rock it sounds a but like a space rock, like an asteroid or somethin'. Alien.

The first show was alright... the second one was amazing. :) Had a member of one of the other bands freaking out and told me "dude that was MONUMENTAL". Then they slept at my friend's house and the guy who was really into it gave me " mushroom extract" which was clearly some synthetic 4-sub-tryptamine and I had a really nice trip.