• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

⫸STICKY⫷ The Delphic Oracle- Know Thyself: P&S Social Ampitheatre of Doom

Wow, that sucks. Yeah kratom is illegal in the US now too, or will be shortly. Since I don't use it anymore I am not really following that very closely. But yeah, it seems so ridiculous to imprison someone for something they could perfectly legally do a short time ago.

Any drug being illegal is stupid. People should have the right to do what they want to their bodies. The War on Drugs is a farce that has caused an absolutely staggering amount of crime and pain and death, and hasn't worked even a little bit... in fact, drugs are easier to get now than ever before, and more people are using them. The fact that pharmaceuticals are so incredibly widespread and not even considered the same thing as illegal drugs just proves how ridiculous the whole thing is. Those who perpetrated this ridiculous thing should be considered terrorists. Without it, Mexico wouldn't have cartels that reign with a disgusting level of violence. So much pain has come from it, we just need to fucking stop it. Intoxication/consciousness alteration has always been a part of humanity, and to try to separate out those who would choose different drugs than the accepted ones as being immoral is nonsensical. They still allow alcohol because they know people need something.

Yes, and alcohol is the one drug that is very hard to abuse or not very attractive to use every day. But it can completely destroy someone's life and health. It's ridiculous for it to be the only thing available for bad nerves because it's not suitable in any way to medicate with.

Exactly, Xorkoth. By the way, because of the big opposition from the public towards the scheduling of kratom, there's now a comment period in which people can write emails or make calls to let the officials know what they think of it (or so I understand anyway). You don't reside in the US, right, but for those who do, definitely use this opportunity to make a difference in the War on Drugs. It's the first time DEA has taken public opinion into consideration, which is an important milestone in an attempt towards creating a more just world. DEA wanted to schedule kratom without due process, and without any scientific evidence. It's time to let them know that that's not how it works, and that people don't appreciate that kind of bullshit.

I do live in the US actually. I didn't realize that, I'll look into it.

I don't live in the US so I might be mistaken, but from reading DiTM I gathered that the initial "emergency scheduling" (fuck me how ridiculous that sounds) was postponed until the DEA could gather more information and opinions on kratom. And that AFAIK includes some kind of comment period. But yeah, look into it. I wish I could do something, but I'm far away.

Oh, and spread the information! Our power is in numbers ;)

On November 8th I get to vote to legalize marijuana in California. That'll be a great satisfaction. I'm kind of sick of pot honestly, don't really smoke it anymore. it's always abundant everywhere I go. Even worked in the legal medical marijuana sector a bit. you gotta hand it to the farmers, they've co-created something pretty magnificent. They get a round of applause.

Just got tired of talking about it. Ran out of conversation topics to have about weed. In this bubble I live in we won. Let's win a bit more and then get over it. That's where I'm at. Maybe now and again I'll have a puff cause y'all gonna keep perfecting it. I'll taste your cheese man, it'd be impolite not to. Pot has occupied a disproportionate amount of our collective thought though thanks to drug laws. Hope things go back to normal. It got a bit boring for me after a while. Chocolate is good too. I'd like to learn more about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. There are a lot of weed conversations like that in movies. They're all pretty much the same. No real need to keep saying it again.

Nice convo here peoples. Unsurprisingly, I agree, illegalisation of drugs is useless and detrimental. Its a knee-jerk reaction to something governments feel they cannot control. It has had such terrible consquences. In truth, I cannot see most global governments really coming to understand this

Intoxication/consciousness alteration has always been a part of humanity, and to try to separate out those who would choose different drugs than the accepted ones as being immoral is nonsensical.

Its a fucking human right! :)

Here's some beautiful tuneage from the great Ott. Chilled out dubby goodness.

My girlfriend is out in Cali, actually working at trimming weed (not in the medical sector) for her good friend/ex boyfriend (who is an awesome guy, no amount of worries there, they're long in the past). They have spotty Internet there and no phone service so she can only call or text me through the Internet. Well, yesterday we were chatting and then later in the night she wasn't replying to me, and all day today she wasn't either. Before she left we discussed meningitis, which starts with flu-like symptoms but is lethal within a shockingly short amount of time if it's not treated right away, and how she never got the vaccine (and they're 2 hours from the nearest hospital way out in the boonies, and everyone but her is a huge pothead with very little common sense). We also talked about how there are a lot of mountain lions there and how she's a tiny little thing that would be a perfect target. And then last night I had a dream she got really sick since she told me she suddenly got a pretty bad sore throat, and that no one there knew what to do. In all honesty no one there would probably think to contact me, or maybe they wouldn't, if something did happen. So all day today I have been increasingly worried, neurotically so. All I could think all day today was that she got really sick, or attacked by a mountain lion. I started to tell myself that the dream was my intuition letting me know something happened. Logically I knew it was probably just spotty Internet, but it didn't help at all, and I've been anxious about it all day. Fortunately she got back to me a few minutes ago and she's fine, she just didn't have Internet. I'm feeling huge relief now! I'm really glad I don't have to keep worrying.

But it feels really strange to me that I would get worried so quickly and intensely. My mom is kind of like that and I'm a lot like my mom, but I've never really noticed it being an issue for me before. I think all the Bluelight deaths recently, including a good friend (psoodonym), have traumatized me. Lately I have been really hyper-aware of how fragile life is... when I start worrying about someone it becomes a preoccupation. People can really just die quite easily and suddenly. I really want to get past this but I just need some space from it I guess... I don't know, I'm sure though that as I get older it will just become more of a worry as the older you get, the more likely something health-related will happen. She's only been gone a week so far and she'll be gone for 2 months or more... I really, really hope this doesn't keep happening every time she can't reply to me for a day. :\

^ glad to hear Xorkoth, yeah, there is a flux of so-called trimmigrants this time of year a bit north from where I'm at. Glad she knows the people well, cause some people put themselves in sketchy situations. I'm sure your girlfriends got a finely tuned sense and knows what she's doing. No accident you two are together. It's sweet of you to worry though.

That's the thing with bein a person who feels things deeply. You can feel great joy and love but also great fear and sorrow. Well, I do.

^ glad to hear Xorkoth, yeah, there is a flux of so-called trimmigrants this time of year a bit north from where I'm at. Glad she knows the people well, cause some people put themselves in sketchy situations. I'm sure your girlfriends got a finely tuned sense and knows what she's doing. No accident you two are together. It's sweet of you to worry though.

Yeah she's got a really good situation. She has a lot of girl friends though who have gotten into some sketchy situations. Her ex-boyfriend who she's trimming for is one of the nicest guys, and a really good friend.

Xorky, I'm going to be the boring scientist once again and tell you that it was just your mind playing tricks on you. The dream was nothing but a result of your serious concern about your girlfriend the day before. I've had similar dreams about presentations I had to give recently and stuff like that - it's no premonition, it's just worrying, plain and simple :) Couple that with what swilow said, and you get a recipe for psychological disaster.

In order to calm yourself down a little, maybe try to think of a way you can be contacted by anyone from that group in case of an emergency? So if something happens, you'll know for sure.

I realize it's not actually a premonition or anything, it's just a dream, it just helped to preoccupy me. I'm good now, I think I'll get used to it if it keeps happening. :)

This is a band that would be a zillion times better with better singing but these two songs are their best and completely haunting to me. Neo-folk, occult shit.

Touch controversial with his apparent obsession with Nazism but lyrically, David Tibet is pretty much golden. When we touch the world and it falls away...

Current 93- A Sadness Song

When we touch the world
And it falls away
When we feel that we're born
Just to fall apart
And our mother lies in state
And the broken pitcher glistens
And the snow is at the window
Creating neither sign nor symbol
And the earth covers earth
And the mud lies in pools

Where the sand-dunes stretch unbroken
And the dry wind bends and sighs
And the geese are running harmless
And our desires are running wild
Then we're looking at the smoke
That's rising from the incense
Neither coming here nor going
Neither heaven here nor hell
Neither borning here nor birthing
Neither dying here nor death

And we're wrapped inside our troubles
And we're wrapped inside our pain
And wracked with fires with longing
And our eyes are blind with night
With our fingers clutching coins
And our thoughts burning with 'I'
And our eyes cannot be sated
With the world and its nightmares
With the world and its dreams
Though later they'll be filled
With a small handful of dust
And the gods appear on the altars
And we recognise their face
It's a face that we have carved there
And it's full of fear and longing
And promises and threats
But they neither stoop to conquer
Nor do they stoop to praise
And the mines are void of diamonds
That we carry in our rags

Then all the world seems
A sadness song
And all the world seems
A sadness song

Current 93- All the Pretty Little Horsies

Hush-a-bye
Don't you cry
Go to sleepy little baby
Go to sleepy little baby
When you wake
You shall have
All the pretty little horsies

Blacks and bays
Dapples and greys

Way down yonder
In the meadow
Lies a poor little lamby
Bees and butterflies
Flitting round his eyes
Poor little thing is crying
"Mammy"

Go to sleep
Don't you cry
Rest your head upon the clover
Rest your head upon the clover
In your dreams
You shall ride
Whilst your mammy's watching over

Blacks and bays
Dapples and greys

Can't wait to terrify my kids to sleep with this one.

Last edited:
That's good lyrics, but very "romanticising darkness", which I'm a bit tired of.

^Yeah, that's true. I just find them poetic. I am attracted to darker things though, not dark in a negative sense but mysterious and unseen sort of dark stuff.

I am attracted to darker things though, not dark in a negative sense but mysterious and unseen sort of dark stuff.

Same. Lately I've been reading about serial killers - how and when they killed and how they lived their lives - trying to get into their head and imagine what was going on in their brains. I find these sort of things interesting, because most just brush it off as disgusting and inherently bad and leave it at that, but serial killers are people too, and there must be a reason why they do what they do in every case, whether it's understandable to an average person or not. Especially the part where they have to live with what they've done - how they rationalize their acts to themselves, and how they not let that get in the way of living like a typical person, and go on killing. And what sort of triggers for killing they have.

On that note, I found the Zodiac killer's case very interesting and mysterious. Apparently I'm not alone in that, and there are even whole websites and forums dedicated to discussion concerning that case as it's still unsolved and with many inexplicable details.

On the whole, I like going where people don't like going, mentally. Though I get much criticism and get attacked for doing so :\ but hey that's something a curious mind has to live with I guess.

Nothing a little codeine can't fix. Been chewing nicotine gums lately, as recommended by one BLer. Never been a smoker, so I have no tolerance to nicotine, which makes it great. Nicotine and opis go together quite well if I say so myself.

Ha, B_d, wed have some great real life chats. I find serial killers fascinating too. Like aliens amongst us.

I enjoy reading about violence and death and depravity. :)