• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

⫸STICKY⫷ The Delphic Oracle- Know Thyself: P&S Social Ampitheatre of Doom

It is snowing yay! Always beautiful first snowfall of the season.

That's pretty early in the season. Love the feeling of first snowfall. Used to live in upstate New York where 65 in of snowfall was average. Now I live in California and today is the first real rainy day we've had in months. Been a pretty severe drought so really enjoying the rain.

We hardly ever get snow. Every few years if that...

It is a bit unfair I am currently at work so I'm deep in the BC coastal mountains. The snow melted this time but the snow line is only about 100 meters up from us now so probably one or 2 weeks and we will be in it deep. I love the absolute silence of deep snow in December, it's one of the beautiful things in winter. Sadly this project is ending soonish I have no clue where the next one will be.

I am about 3 hours by road northwest of Whistler so the snow situation here is deep and heavy snow. Last mountain work I did was 4 hours inland and the snow was powder and so light you could use a leaf blower on your driveway.

Just wanted to agree the xorkoth is a good guy. All of you guys are decent and interesting people. :)

I'm ever so slightly to high to enter work. Will wait.

aww man, how i miss the snow.

it cooled down to about mid 80s here. i love fall...lol. jokes aside, fall is my favorite season. I hate the winter 'holidays' but i like it getting darker and the leaves changing whatever.

FL has subtle seasons but its great here. shorts year round, good waves in the winter, and i dont get the SAD. the best time of year here is october-april. its great. gonna be so beautiful and fuzzy here in about a month.

I used to dislike FL, but its really grown on me. palm trees and sunshine are always a ok with me.

no snowboarding, but you can't have it all. there is nothing like a quiet day on the mountain with flakes falling as youre tearing up some deep snow in the back country. i miss that, but don't miss being cold all and depressed all winter.

hope you made it through work okay swirlow.

I'm havingg a great time, 3-meo-pcp, codeine and ghb. But damn my work quality is low. :D fucking joint time.

Haha =D

I sometimes take 3-MeO-PCP at work, little doses. I smoke a little weed at work often too, when I start to get really bored and need a little "switchup". Makes it harder to multitask and I have to work a little harder mentally, and it makes it somewhat exciting again.

When I was younger and taking psychedelics way too much I used to take psychedelics at work a lot, not large doses but pretty regularly. I would take full doses of AMT at work because I was taking AMT a whole lot and I don't find it very trippy. I was taking DOC at work quite a bit too, which worked pretty well. I work at home now, but I used to work in an office back then. I actually had better days socially there while I was on AMT because I was so jovial and talkative. Of course I tended to waste more time on Bluelight too because work seems even more boring when you're tripping. =D

I used to be a crazy bastard. Still am kind of, but not compared to my early twenties.

I've never done psychedelics. I don't know what I'd be like then. The mind boggles.

I'm suprised you can hold down a job with the amount of drugs you take, Willow.

I take drugs everyday, pretty used to it. The only time drugs impacted work was when I was IVing opiates. I work in a library doing archiving, atm I'm spending my time doing high resolution scans of old documents and photos etc. I never usually get too fucked up. Not a great idea though.

What do you do ninae?

I'm not doing anything since I had a massive meltdown during a series of benzo withdrawals two years ago. But I'm trying to get some writing done, I get too bored not doing anything. I don't want to be on disability for the rest of my life.

Yeah make the most of your time. I've had extended unemployment and its quite tedious. Reading is what I did. And get high ;)

I've never done psychedelics. I don't know what I'd be like then. The mind boggles.

I'm suprised you can hold down a job with the amount of drugs you take, Willow.

Many spiritual people like to use psychedelics to explore their spiritual worlds. And also to boost creativity. Not very HR, but perhaps worth a try (always be cautious with them though and start low!).

Are you still experiencing PAWS, by the way? I hope you're able to feel good soon, Ninae. It's great that you're trying to keep yourself busy - having nothing to do only makes recovery worse.

For me, psychedelics are what created my spiritual view. Most of the spiritual beliefs I have have been influenced by tripping and then borne out through some kind of sober examination.

One particularly formative experience was smoking DMT. It was spontaneous with no forethought; I had a bit of DMT, it was 10.00pm, I was feeling calm so I smoked an unknown but large quantity of it and almost literally took off. I felt like I or my consciousness was ascending from my feet to the top of my head like a rocket (concurrently, I had imagery of rocket-like things launching from earth) and the thought that I was with GOD just filled me until I saw that I was this god, the one and same, the beginning of it and the end.

I described that terribly, no words can do much for mystical experiences, but this was so powerful and I simply KNEW what I had encountered. I had felt totally at home in this mind-state. It lead me to realise that I had never encountered the works of god in physical reality, but I felt like I had inside of me. Pretty much why I think our conceptions of god are based on a factor that only we really harbour.

I think Buddhism comes closest to being the truth.

Blah. GHB. Though the last few days that I have had it, something has been a bit off with it and I've been getting very tired and overly warm. I don't really take it much but perhaps I should have a break. :\

I wasn't a spiritual person at all until I took psychedelics. I was raised Christian but even as a little kid I found it a bit off... I couldn't reconcile the inconsistencies. The result was that as I became a mid-teenager, I turned away from it, but my young self decided that if religion wasn't true, that nothing must mean anything. I became very materialist, not in the sense of valuing material things but in the sense that I believed that life meant nothing. It was pretty dark, I mean I wasn't unhappy but in retrospect it was quite fatalistic and grim. Then when I was 18 I took mushrooms and had the experience of waking up from my physical life, into the universal consciousness. It was just like waking up from a dream, and the dream starts to fade away and you're like, wow, I can't believe I forgot about reality, I can't believe I thought that was all there was, I remember now. The realest thing I've ever experienced. That experience changed the course of my life and belief system, I would be a different person had I never gone there.

Gosh Xorkoth I knew we had some things in common in our path but that is spooky accurate. I could have written that post and it would be completely true, except I was 19 when I did mushrooms. I did LSD when I was 17 and that broke the illusion half way, and before that point it was a fantastically grim reality. I made some good music in my 'goth' years however, some songs I will never be able to exceed in genuine emotion conveyed, so being in a dark perspective like that can have its merits if channeled in a productive manner. These days I am so at peace and accepting of what is that I don't inject that particular tension in my music anymore.

I envy both of you. I did psychedelics early but had no consistant experience and eventually stopped using drugs by the time I was 23. I didn't pick up weed again for 25 years and even then I didn't have an authentic trip til this year. Spiritually though I woke up. What a surprise to find life suddenly smooth out to the best place I have ever been from use of the least of the psychedelic drugs.

Why are drugs illegal at all? Age restrictions make sense but illegal is pure insanity. Imagine if a greater % of the population had the awakening experience from psychedelics, I guess slowly it is happening but I'm an impatient old man that wants a better run world now.

I'm okay. I've been doing a lot of healing. But I have so much post-traumatic stress I think I'll never be fine, I definitely do better with any kind of sedative.

I'd do psychedelics if they were available, but it's rare here, and the legal drugs sales have been closed down. Besides, I'm on double probation. Should really have spent 45 days in prison this year, so I better behave.

Oh, and that prison sentence was for not wanting to stop importing Kratom. Sounds kind of ridiculous, anyway.

Is kratom illegal in your country as well? What bullshit. One of the most ridiculous aspects of the War on (some recreational) Drugs (other than alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine).

Even worse having to go to prison for it. Imagine being in prison and being asked what you've done. But substances are very tightly controlled here.